The Mockingjay

Legendary
Kin
484💸
Kumi
2,483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I hope you're ready to get your RP on. This short intro and the posts following it will determine the way in which your training continues. Please continue, in character.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Upon arriving at my requested location, you are greeted by no man. No creature, no sound and no life. The coordinates you followed were very much correct, yet you see no teacher before you... And the letter she had left had been so punctual, there was no way she was late.
The location you stand in is a cliff, high above a roaring ocean. With the main cliff face in front of you, to your left is a huge, gaping chasm, looking down the pit, you see no bottom, only darkness. Across the chasm is another huge cliff, towering roughly 70 feet above where you stand, in its face, roughly 15 feet above you is a cave.. Again, darkness is all you see.
A small breeze flutters across your skin, emanating from the roaring see and tracing its way serenely toward the cliff face to your left. In the breeze, two leaves catch your eye. The leaves travel identically in the winds current until they collide with the cliff face, one falling down the chasm and the other disappearing into the dark cave.

Notch

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I hope you're ready to get your RP on. This short intro and the posts following it will determine the way in which your training continues. Please continue, in character.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Upon arriving at my requested location, you are greeted by no man. No creature, no sound and no life. The coordinates you followed were very much correct, yet you see no teacher before you... And the letter she had left had been so punctual, there was no way she was late.
The location you stand in is a cliff, high above a roaring ocean. With the main cliff face in front of you, to your left is a huge, gaping chasm, looking down the pit, you see no bottom, only darkness. Across the chasm is another huge cliff, towering roughly 70 feet above where you stand, in its face, roughly 15 feet above you is a cave.. Again, darkness is all you see.
A small breeze flutters across your skin, emanating from the roaring see and tracing its way serenely toward the cliff face to your left. In the breeze, two leaves catch your eye. The leaves travel identically in the winds current until they collide with the cliff face, one falling down the chasm and the other disappearing into the dark cave.
No wind is favorable if one does not know to which port one is sailing, they say. This proved to be true, as I arrived at the designated location with a restless desire to acquire knowledge in the elemental affinity of wind. Stopping at the end of a jagged yet sturdy cliff, I glance at the directions once more, and then look around. And then glance down once more. Had I arrived too soon? Had something happened to her? Tucking the letter away in my back pocket with a faint sigh, I resolved to inspect my surroundings for any clues. The deep blue ocean just below bellowed fiercely as it slammed against eroding spikes of rock; this didn't help to put my mind at ease. But I quickly composed myself nonetheless, she was after all, my senior. My eyes rolled to the left, as I notice a chasm. A sense of foreboding quickly enveloped me whole as I peered down into what appeared to be a darkness that stretched down into the earth infinitely. Winds suddenly begin to pick up strength; the strong sent of salt from the sea sparked a stronger sense of sharpness, from my nostrils, then my eyes, then my ears. I became more alert, as my attention was directed above the chasm toward a cave that radiated the same sense of foreboding as the chasm before me. Two leaves, seemingly appearing out of thin air (or perhaps I was simply entranced for a moment by a sense of limitless emptiness that the cave displayed) danced freely in the wind, as they collide against the mountainous cliff and go their separate ways. I watch one leaf disappear into the cave, and then trace the path of the other leaf with my eyes as it slowly falls down into the chasm. Shit.

Had she fallen into the chasm?

Or had she wandered into the cave?

Prioritizing her safety over the possibly of her simply going on a scenic walk, I decide to jump into the chasm below. Making sure to leave a note on the surface should she be elsewhere, I pin it to the ground forcefully with a kunai. Drawing another kunai with wire attached to it, I wrap the wire along a tree securely before jumping into the chasm, creating a safety-net of sorts to prevent me from falling to my death. "What a way to start the day", I think to myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Mockingjay

The Mockingjay

Legendary
Kin
484💸
Kumi
2,483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
As you abseil into the chasm, falling deeper and deeper into it's seemingly eternal darkness, no bottom becomes apparent. You keep dropping and dropping but seem to go nowhere, the cliffs edge disappears from sight above you and the ground below you remains stealthed beneath the inifinite black you now find yourself completely surrounded by. As your wire comes to its final inch, you are left dangling by a thread, seemingly no escape in any direction. Nature has literally swallowed you whole and offers you no mercy. After a brief pause but one far too long for comfort, a voice bellows out from below, the voice could only belong to a young girl, no older than 7 or 8... From the darkness. She calls to you.

"Don't worry! If you're meant to be here, then nothing can happen to you! Just let go."

The final phrase of her sentence is a whisper, but is somehow no more quiet than any of the shouted words that preceded. "Let go" can be heard echoing throughout the chasm on a seemingly endless loop, remaining a whisper but growing louder and louder the longer you hold your position against the rock face. Not only does the voice grow louder, it grows more and more menacing, the more you listen to her words, the less you can resist the temptation to release yourself from your wire and fall to what could only be your demise.

Notch

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
For a brief moment, I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. The darkness had... trapped me. Confined. Taken every sense of comfort and confidence I had and stripped it all away. Hanging by a thread, quite literally; the silence settled in slowly as a faint *clink* is heard. The wire finished unwinding, while I tried desperately to find some sort of wall that I could rappel down from. No such luck. Nearly deciding to climb my way back to the surface as I realized how terrible this idea was, a voice resonates from deep within the chasm. Meant to be here? Let go? Had I succumb to a brief moment of madness and started hearing voices? Or maybe... was this a test?

Regardless of what it was or what it might have been, I assured myself that this was the right thing to do; what seemed to be an endless echo of the presumably young girl's final words helped convince me.

I let go and brace myself for whatever the darkness has in store for me.

The Mockingjay

Legendary
Kin
484💸
Kumi
2,483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
For a brief moment, I couldn't bring myself to open my eyes. The darkness had... trapped me. Confined. Taken every sense of comfort and confidence I had and stripped it all away. Hanging by a thread, quite literally; the silence settled in slowly as a faint *clink* is heard. The wire finished unwinding, while I tried desperately to find some sort of wall that I could rappel down from. No such luck. Nearly deciding to climb my way back to the surface as I realized how terrible this idea was, a voice resonates from deep within the chasm. Meant to be here? Let go? Had I succumb to a brief moment of madness and started hearing voices? Or maybe... was this a test?

Regardless of what it was or what it might have been, I assured myself that this was the right thing to do; what seemed to be an endless echo of the presumably young girl's final words helped convince me.

I let go and brace myself for whatever the darkness has in store for me.
You land, near instantly. A blinding light beckons down upon you from above and when it fades, you sit before a huge door. The door is almost so large that you cannot see its end as it towers above you, its pristine beauty leaving any stunned and in awe of the beauty that no human craftsmanship could achieve. The door shines down upon you with its golden patterns that cut through it thick black surface, illuminated by candle light, but you see no candles. The door is all you see, the light fades in every direction you look, leaving only the blackness that you were consumed by prior. There is no sign of the crack in the earth that you had just released yourself into, no sign of any life, any girl from which a voice could echo. The ground beneath you is hard, smooth granite, no flame hot enough, no drill powerful enough to destroy what lies beneath.

This place is nowhere, and in nowhere lies no thing. The door is everything, is shimmering gold and delicately woven designs are the only thing you can look upon in this emptiness. An examination would reveal that the doors patterns are not random, and are not the crazed pictures of a lunatic creator. They were a perfectly crafted guide on how to look beyond its shadow. It speaks of a rope, high above your head and made of a special kind of paper. The paper is carefully manufactured by shinobi, for the purpose of training shinobi anew. It reacts with the chakra that is poured into it and the results will vary depending on the chakra nature. This door, was guardian of the wind, only those with an affinity to wind will enter... Cut the paper, and you shall proceed. Demonstrate your knowledge of the element, how its makes you feel inside and out when channeled, how you would go about creating wind chakra... Think of all that, and then release it into the paper to achieve your goal.

------------
My training will consist of various 'Zones'. Whilst within these zones, you are permitted to use any of the techniques I've taught you in this thread up to that point (unless stated otherwise). This door is zone 1, and you are able to use any technique that you know, from any element in order to help yourself reach the chakr paper rope about 50 feet above your head.

I will teach you techniques in sets of 4-5, and then you will enter the next zone and will need to complete puzzles or tasks that demonstrate to me that you understand the techniques you have just learned. Only once I'm satisfied will you proceed.

Notch

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You land, near instantly. A blinding light beckons down upon you from above and when it fades, you sit before a huge door. The door is almost so large that you cannot see its end as it towers above you, its pristine beauty leaving any stunned and in awe of the beauty that no human craftsmanship could achieve. The door shines down upon you with its golden patterns that cut through it thick black surface, illuminated by candle light, but you see no candles. The door is all you see, the light fades in every direction you look, leaving only the blackness that you were consumed by prior. There is no sign of the crack in the earth that you had just released yourself into, no sign of any life, any girl from which a voice could echo. The ground beneath you is hard, smooth granite, no flame hot enough, no drill powerful enough to destroy what lies beneath.

This place is nowhere, and in nowhere lies no thing. The door is everything, is shimmering gold and delicately woven designs are the only thing you can look upon in this emptiness. An examination would reveal that the doors patterns are not random, and are not the crazed pictures of a lunatic creator. They were a perfectly crafted guide on how to look beyond its shadow. It speaks of a rope, high above your head and made of a special kind of paper. The paper is carefully manufactured by shinobi, for the purpose of training shinobi anew. It reacts with the chakra that is poured into it and the results will vary depending on the chakra nature. This door, was guardian of the wind, only those with an affinity to wind will enter... Cut the paper, and you shall proceed. Demonstrate your knowledge of the element, how its makes you feel inside and out when channeled, how you would go about creating wind chakra... Think of all that, and then release it into the paper to achieve your goal.

------------
My training will consist of various 'Zones'. Whilst within these zones, you are permitted to use any of the techniques I've taught you in this thread up to that point (unless stated otherwise). This door is zone 1, and you are able to use any technique that you know, from any element in order to help yourself reach the chakr paper rope about 50 feet above your head.

I will teach you techniques in sets of 4-5, and then you will enter the next zone and will need to complete puzzles or tasks that demonstrate to me that you understand the techniques you have just learned. Only once I'm satisfied will you proceed.
In a brief state of shock after having landed safely in what felt like solid ground, I notice the massive door that stood before me following a bright, blinding flash of light. Upon closer inspection of the door, I come to the conclusion that they are instructions on how to proceed and begin to contemplate as to how I'll be able to reach the rope. Having no knowledge to any other techniques besides the absolute basics that were taught to me in the academy, it seemed nearly impossible; but this realization only served to further motivate me. Determined to overcome this insurmountable task, I devised a plan to reach the rope. I would use my second and final spool of wire to create a dual tight-rope like setup. Attaching the ends of both wires with two shuriken each, I launch them both aiming above toward the distant rope. As the shuriken approach the rope, I pull on the wires and move my arms outward in such a motion that the shuriken begin to circle around the rope, thus causing the ends of the wire to wrap around tightly. The shuriken, after having stopped and pinned onto the thick rope, would serve as a counterweight to keep the ends of the wire attached to the chakra rope tightly, as I continue to pull on my side carefully, attaching the wires on my end to the door's handle. With the tight-rope taut and secure I begin to walk up on it, one foot after the other ever so slowly, my arms stretched out from my sides making sure to keep perfect balance. It was only after I had reached half-way up the tight-rope that I became aware of just how high up I would be going; how was I going to land if I were to succeed in cutting the rope with wind chakra? The tight-rope would fall along with the rope should this happen. I placed this thought in the back of my head, knowing that I needed to begin concentrating on how to manifest my wind chakra firstly. "One step at a time..." I mumbled nervously under my breath, continuing to balance on the rope. "Wind... strong against lightning due to it acting as an insulator for electricity, weak against fire as it is simply used as fuel for fire, although wind can be used in conjunction with fire to bolster its strength for this very same reason. Additionally, it can be combined with water to increase the amount of blunt-force damage water causes when streamed at the target."

Reaching the rope, I jump and grasp it, hanging on as I close my eyes, attempting to rid myself of the idea of falling to my death. I begin to picture the very essence of wind release, a primordial entity that flows brilliantly around every living and non-living object. I picture its destructive property as well as its gentle and subtle ones. Continuing to do this, I channel my chakra into the rope, changing the nature of the chakra in an attempt to manifest my wind chakra, hoping for the best. Whatever that outcome was.

Last edited:

The Mockingjay

Legendary
Kin
484💸
Kumi
2,483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In a brief state of shock after having landed safely in what felt like solid ground, I notice the massive door that stood before me following a bright, blinding flash of light. Upon closer inspection of the door, I come to the conclusion that they are instructions on how to proceed and begin to contemplate as to how I'll be able to reach the rope. Having no knowledge to any other techniques besides the absolute basics that were taught to me in the academy, it seemed nearly impossible; but this realization only served to further motivate me. Determined to overcome this insurmountable task, I devised a plan to reach the rope. I would use my second and final spool of wire to create a dual tight-rope like setup. Attaching the ends of both wires with two shuriken each, I launch them both aiming above toward the distant rope. As the shuriken approach the rope, I pull on the wires and move my arms outward in such a motion that the shuriken begin to circle around the rope, thus causing the ends of the wire to wrap around tightly. The shuriken, after having stopped and pinned onto the thick rope, would serve as a counterweight to keep the ends of the wire attached to the chakra rope tightly, as I continue to pull on my side carefully, attaching the wires on my end to the door's handle. With the tight-rope taut and secure I begin to walk up on it, one foot after the other ever so slowly, my arms stretched out from my sides making sure to keep perfect balance. It was only after I had reached half-way up the tight-rope that I became aware of just how high up I would be going; how was I going to land if I were to succeed in cutting the rope with wind chakra? The tight-rope would fall along with the rope should this happen. I placed this thought in the back of my head, knowing that I needed to begin concentrating on how to manifest my wind chakra firstly. "One step at a time..." I mumbled nervously under my breath, continuing to balance on the rope. "Wind... strong against lightning due to it acting as an insulator for electricity, weak against fire as it is simply used as fuel for fire, although wind can be used in conjunction with fire to bolster its strength for this very same reason. Additionally, it can be combined with water to increase the amount of blunt-force damage water causes when streamed at the target."

Reaching the rope, I jump and grasp it, hanging on as I close my eyes, attempting to rid myself of the idea of falling to my death. I begin to picture the very essence of wind release, a primordial entity that flows brilliantly around every living and non-living object. I picture its destructive property as well as its gentle and subtle ones. Continuing to do this, I channel my chakra into the rope, changing the nature of the chakra in an attempt to manifest my wind chakra, hoping for the best. Whatever that outcome was.
With the rope cut, you fall, as does the door. It falls toward you, there is nowhere to run from it's huge form. It closes in on you, slowing as it falls but even if you run, you'd never get out of the way. You move nowhere, you exert energy but make no ground and once the door reaches you. You wake. You're laying in a bed in the centre of a great white room. The room is empty other than the white bed you lay on, the white walls surrounding you and the four paintings that hang upon them, one painting per wall. The paintings are not particularly impressive, solid block colours hung in the centre of there individual wall. One red, one green, one blue and one yellow.

You are left in silence for an infinite amount of time, every 20 seconds a picture flashes in your head. The picture is that of a young girl, no older than 7 years old. Her face is pale and expressionless, she stares deep into your soul. It may take a few attempts to notice, but within the girls eyes are a word.

"Choose"

Notch

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
As if in a fleeting dream the previous scene is gone, and I awake, inspecting my surroundings carefully; things seemed to be getting more strange by the minute, but there would be no turning back now. Not until I found her. The brief flashes of a child with a message only served to further convince me that someone, or something was attempting to lead me down a path. With no choice but to play along, I choose the color green, and wait for what may come next.

The Mockingjay

Legendary
Kin
484💸
Kumi
2,483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The green picture grows to fill the whole room, it smothers every wall with its emerald embrace and turns the floor and ceiling simultaneously limey. As the ground turns green you see grass begin to grow in its place, the green walls turn to forestation and the sky becomes a ceiling of leaves as the old oaks that surround you form a canape over your head, protecting you from the rain that you can hear crashing on the branches above, not a single drop reaches the earth.

You hear rustling in a tree immediately to your right but no matter how hard you look, you see nothing. SUDDENLY! A small creature with a little green hat and a furry little face leaps from the tree with a smile, he has a blowpipe in his right hand and waves with his left. The creature offers you a piece of paper, the paper has details of 5 techniques written on it, the creature; upon handing you the paper, vanishes into nothingness althoguh if you listen closely you would hear him scurry away into the brush where he stays.

The techniques on the paper are as follows

(Fūton Kihon Jutsu) Wind Release Basic Technique
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 10
Damage: 20
Description: The user will release basic simple blasts or streams of wind from his limbs or mouth to defend or attack an enemy.

(Fūton: Fūsajin no Jutsu) - Wind Release: Dust Wind Technique
Type: Defence
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user creates a gust of wind that layers an area in loose sand and dust. Doing so also acts as a sandblaster on the surrounding area. This layer of sand that accumulates on the trees during this technique makes it difficult for others to get a good footing. The initial gust can also temporarily blind opponents by lodging sand in their eyes.

(Fūton: Sensougouheki) - Wind Release: Rumbling wind wall
Type: Attack/Defence
Chakra Cost: 10
Damage Points: 20
Description: User creates a wall of spinning wind in front of him that is used to push back weapons thrown towards him. It can also be used against taijutsu close range attacks, but the wall can be pushed back with a stronger wind jutsu or if a smoke bomb or explosive tag touches the spinning wind they will automatically get activated because of the sharpness of the wind element, damaging the user also.

(Fūton: Kaze Ogawa no Jutsu) - Wind Release: Wind Stream Technique
Type: Supplementary
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: N/A
Description: This technique allows the user to change direction in mid-air at high speeds by simply blowing wind out their mouth. The user can also use this technique by blowing it at the ground and causing a dust cloud to rise, concealing the users location and movement.
Note: The user must already be airborne to use

(Fūton: Kaze Iwa Rendan) - Wind Release: Wind Rock Barrage
Type: Offensive
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 10
Damage points: 20
Description: The user creates a huge stream of wind that carries rocks and lifts the opponent into the air where the rocks hit them.

Explain the techniques, advantages and disadvantages where you'd like and any information you see fit. Once you are done, drop the paper and we will begin the main part of the training.. I do not need a lot of detail here, just a basic understanding is fine... You will ahev to demostrate your understanding of the techniques in the next phase.

Notch

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I had come to expect the unexpected at this point, and grew increasingly curious as to what the end-game of this charade was. Watching intently as the landscape begins to shift before me, I slowly begin to analyze my surroundings with a careful but brisk inspection of the newly birthed vegetation; there were no clues, only more questions. Scratching my head out of frustration, a creature suddenly appears, causing me to jump back slightly. Me? Scared? Noooo, I wasn't scared. (>.>) I regained my composure and smiled nervously at it, as it hands me a parchment. I asked if it knew what was going on, but it had left without notice just as it had arrived.

Reading over the paper, I analyze its contents to myself:

"This first technique seems simple enough. While it doesn't appear to be of much use as a means of contesting against incoming attacks, the freedom it provides in where you can release blasts or streams of wind can certainly help in close-quarter combat situations."

I move my thumb over to the following technique, glancing around my immediate vicinity before reading further.

"A good technique to get someone to lose their footing; wouldn't have wanted anyone to use this on me during the tree climbing exercises at the academy." I smiled briefly before continuing; memories of my days at the academy always seemed to put me in good spirits. "Though the range in which this technique can be employed hinders its versatility."

"This next technique seems pretty neat. A great way to counter against multiple free-form projectiles coming toward me. One has to consider the repercussions of the sharpness this wind wall holds, as noted in the description here."

"Now we're talking! A great way to move in mid-air, the crutch of being in the air is the inherent inability for the average human to move about since they fall to the mercy of gravity. Then again..." I gesture toward my gourd. "I'm not the average human, my sand does a great job of providing me with ways to deal with mid-air free falls."

"Not a very impressive technique this last one. What if there are no rocks in the terrain? Seems too straight-forward to apply in battle effectively without doing something else with it."

Having read the paper, I place it against the foot of the tree where the mysterious creature came from, and close my right eye while manifesting an eye out of sand. The eye is located on my right shoulder, facing behind me but not directly behind such that its peripheral vision makes up for my right peripheral being lost while also providing me with additional sight from aback.

"Nobody's getting the drop on me again."

(Daisan No Me) - The Third Eye
Type:Supplementary
Range:Short-Long
Chakra Cost:10
Damge Points:N/A
Description:The user creates a eye out of sand.This eye is then connected by an invisible link to the optic nerve thus allowing he user to see with that eye (connect eye must be closed) The eye must remain close to the user but has a seeing range of 20/20 vision.
Note: Only Sand users can use this jutsu

Last edited:

The Mockingjay

Legendary
Kin
484💸
Kumi
2,483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm abandoning this training method, I've given myself way too much to do xD I didn't realise the nuber of techniques we have on display. I'm going to incorporate this in a different manner instead, we will go through the techniques first then after each rank I shall set you a scenario and give you a goal to achieve within the scenario, you will do so with whatever limitations I decide to set you at that time.

First: Yah.
Second: Mmhmm
Third: Yes, lookout.
Fourth: Not much use for a Gaara user, but yeah xD
Fifth: The technique is merely giving an example, if there are no rocks maybe there is glass or water... If not, create your own ;)

Any questions?

Notch

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm abandoning this training method, I've given myself way too much to do xD I didn't realise the nuber of techniques we have on display. I'm going to incorporate this in a different manner instead, we will go through the techniques first then after each rank I shall set you a scenario and give you a goal to achieve within the scenario, you will do so with whatever limitations I decide to set you at that time.

First: Yah.
Second: Mmhmm
Third: Yes, lookout.
Fourth: Not much use for a Gaara user, but yeah xD
Fifth: The technique is merely giving an example, if there are no rocks maybe there is glass or water... If not, create your own ;)

Any questions?
Lmao. No problem. I have no questions, and am ready to move on.

The Mockingjay

Legendary
Kin
484💸
Kumi
2,483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay ^_^
--------------
I'd like you to give me advantages/disadvantages to each of these techniques (not including elemental strengths and weakness) and at least 2 unique ways to utilise each technique. Ask any questions you may have and I will answer with the next wave of techs.

This is how we will continue until I decide to test you.

Type:Attack/Supplementary
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: A simple technique that when the users hands are clapped together, wind is compressed and transformed into a powerful gale. This technique, when used as an isolated attack has the power to easily knock over a human. Though the true value comes from using it together with projectile weapons like shuriken or kunai. Their speed, power, and ability to wound or even kill are all increased several times.

Type:Attack
Range:Short-Mid
Chakra Cost:15
Damage Points:30
Description: This technique will infuse wind-based chakra into bladed weapons. The user can than manipulate the blades in a spinning manner to attack the target.

Description: This is a relatively simple technique that when the user performs the following hand seals Tiger → Ox → Dog → Rabbit → Snake they create a sudden gust of wind, but its scale varies greatly depending on the user. If used by a superior shinobi, it has enough destructive power to knock down a large tree. The wind from the squall can blow away all things in the user's line of sight. A variation of the technique involves a smaller blast of wind which gets ignited with flame.

Notch

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okay ^_^
--------------
I'd like you to give me advantages/disadvantages to each of these techniques (not including elemental strengths and weakness) and at least 2 unique ways to utilise each technique. Ask any questions you may have and I will answer with the next wave of techs.

This is how we will continue until I decide to test you.

Type:Attack/Supplementary
Description: A simple technique that when the users hands are clapped together, wind is compressed and transformed into a powerful gale. This technique, when used as an isolated attack has the power to easily knock over a human. Though the true value comes from using it together with projectile weapons like shuriken or kunai. Their speed, power, and ability to wound or even kill are all increased several times.

Description: This technique will infuse wind-based chakra into bladed weapons. The user can than manipulate the blades in a spinning manner to attack the target.

Description: This is a relatively simple technique that when the user performs the following hand seals Tiger → Ox → Dog → Rabbit → Snake they create a sudden gust of wind, but its scale varies greatly depending on the user. If used by a superior shinobi, it has enough destructive power to knock down a large tree. The wind from the squall can blow away all things in the user's line of sight. A variation of the technique involves a smaller blast of wind which gets ignited with flame.

Advantage(s): Can be used as a means to supplement projectile based weapons or objects within reason. Being capable of using this to knock someone over can also allow one to follow up with another quicker attack to capitalize on them being struck if successful.

Disadvantage(s): The fact that it can only reach up to short range is a pretty big downside; additionally, having to clap ones hands together to initiate the technique makes it more difficult to pull off in a close quarters combat situation, though I suppose like the description states it's main use is to combine the gale with thrown projectiles.

Application(s): Can be used alongside the ninjutsu technique that multiplies a thrown projectile in order to create hundreds of projectiles with augmented speed and lethality; for its alternate usage, I can see it being combined with an equally ranked fire technique in order to produce a more damaging effect alongside being able to knock down the opponent.

Advantage(s): Similar to the second application of the previous technique, only this directly infuses wind projectiles into the weapons. The upside is that this doesn't require clapping the hands to initiate the technique, being a simple infusion of wind chakra. This allows for a greater amount of usages especially in CQC.

Disadvantage(s): The fact that this only applies to bladed weapons (shuriken and similar weaponry that use rotation) is a downside I guess, along with the technique stating that the blades must be manipulated in a spinning motion, which makes it difficult to find any uses outside of the obvious ones.

Application(s): Being pretty straight-forward and reserved for a specific type of weapon, unique applications for this technique are difficult to think of beyond multiplying the wind-infused projectile into many more. The description allows ambiguity in what weapon can be infused by stating "bladed weapons" instead of shuriken, but I wouldn't really try using this on anything beyond a shuriken. If I had to however I'd apply it to a sword or bladed attack that requires me to spin while performing it.

Advantage(s): Always a fan of wide and long reaching elemental blasts. This can be used to contest against an overwhelming opposition due to its range and the size of the blast of wind.

Disadvantage(s): Way too many hand seals for me (speaking in terms outside of someone that has an affinity in wind), and the rank of this is far too low for me to realistically use it in the NW effectively when most people use B-ranks and above.

Application(s): Again, pretty straight-forward elemental blast; can be used in conjunction with an appropriately ranked fire technique to create a maelstrom of fire that deals concussive damage and burns to a large area. Beyond that, wide scaled techniques like these are a great way to hinder the opponent from coming at you directly, so after its use it can be followed up with a technique that capitalizes on the opponent having to deal with the large blast of wind.

Not a big fan of trying to come up with unique applications for techniques that are super straight-forward and simplistic. xD Spent way too much time on this reply attempting but couldn't come up with anything worth mentioning in terms of unique combos for these three. Sorry. ;-;

The Mockingjay

Legendary
Kin
484💸
Kumi
2,483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Very nice application variation on the first technique

This one you're correct on, it's fairly difficult to anything with beyond the actual description.

Sure

That's fine, from this point on, pick one of the three posted techniques and only do the unique applications for that one. The other two can use just the advantages and disadvantages... Your feedback is appreciated.

Also, just an FYI. I LOVE when people take advantage on the environment in their attacks and wind is the element that makes this almost permanently possible, situations which would allow such a move to be performed should always be taken advantage of.

----

Description: The users gathers his Fuuton chakra into the lungs to blow out a sphere of air at his target that can blow backwards the opponent and small objects around him.

Type: Attack/Supplementary
Damage Points: 30 (+10 if used with a fire technique)
Description: The user releases a gust of wind after forming the Ram handseal, that forms several small tornadoes. Combined with Fire Release: Running Fire that forms a circle on ground level, this creates a massive flaming hurricane.

Type: Attack
Description: This technique, after performing the required hand seals Tiger → Snake → Ram, creates a vortex of wind to blast at a target. It can be used in a combo with Fire Release: Running Fire and Earth Release: Earth Corridor to release a massive inferno at the opponents while they are trapped within the confined space of the earth

Last edited:

Notch

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Very nice application variation on the first technique

This one you're correct on, it's fairly difficult to anything with beyond the actual description.

Sure

That's fine, from this point on, pick one of the three posted techniques and only do the unique applications for that one. The other two can use just the advantages and disadvantages... Your feedback is appreciated.

Also, just an FYI. I LOVE when people take advantage on the environment in their attacks and wind is the element that makes this almost permanently possible, situations which would allow such a move to be performed should always be taken advantage of.

----

Description: The users gathers his Fuuton chakra into the lungs to blow out a sphere of air at his target that can blow backwards the opponent and small objects around him.

Type: Attack/Supplementary
Damage Points: 30 (+10 if used with a fire technique)
Description: The user releases a gust of wind after forming the Ram handseal, that forms several small tornadoes. Combined with Fire Release: Running Fire that forms a circle on ground level, this creates a massive flaming hurricane.

Description: This technique, after performing the required hand seals Tiger → Snake → Ram, creates a vortex of wind to blast at a target. It can be used in a combo with Fire Release: Running Fire and Earth Release: Earth Corridor to release a massive inferno at the opponents while they are trapped within the confined space of the earth

Advantage(s): Can reach up to mid range, and requires no hand seals. Nice and quick wind technique that can deal damage and push small objects or the target back as well.

Disadvantage(s): Simple release technique that can be evaded by the opponent fairly easily due to its size.

Advantage(s): Love this technique. The creation of multiple small tornadoes that can be supplemented further with fire techniques is nice.

Disadvantage(s): Big detriment is the short range, if it were up to mid range I'd actually consider using this in the NW if I had to save chakra.

Application(s): Barring the obvious ways of being able to add fire release to the tornadoes, it'd be pretty cool to pull off a combo where you use this and follow up with the wind tech that pulls up dust from off the ground to create tornadoes that can also blind or hinder the opponent's vision on contact, since the debris would be getting into their eyes. I'd also use this same premise with some sort of low ranked earth technique so that the tornadoes pick the earth up and deal additional damage.

Advantage(s): A nice technique that can be combined with the ones mentioned in its description. Can reach up to mid range.

Disadvantage(s): Needing three handseals to perform, along with it being a fairly basic wind release technique outside of its combination with the other techniques mentioned.

The Mockingjay

Legendary
Kin
484💸
Kumi
2,483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yup Yup
------------------
Perfect, you use Gaara right? Have the tornadoes pick up sand and you could solidify them with your Sand techniques, create numerous barriers in front of you or you could form the picked up sand into sharpened masses or w/e and use the momentum from the tornadoes to throw them for you, allowing you to use your hands for other things :D Just a quick idea I had, its probably not great in actuality, but I thought it was an interesting concept. It negates the opponents ability to damage you with your own technique through usage of fire.
--------------------
This element gets pretty handseal heavy, its a flaw.

---------

Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 30
Description: The user unleashes a wave of wind that slashes at the opponent by swinging their hand or hands.

Chakra Cost: 15/20
Description: User will create a slicing wind gust which is used to divide and neutralize a Wind attack launched against him. It splits an incoming wind attack of lower or equal strength and makes it harmless. Depending on the users skill with Wind release and the amount of chakra spent, the technique can vary in strength to suit the users needs. Bios with Wind as their main specialty can defend from up to B-Rank techniques.

Description: This technique after performing the required hand seals Tiger → Hare → Dragon allows the user to produce a cyclone of sharp winds and petals to attack their opponent.

Notch

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yup Yup
------------------
Perfect, you use Gaara right? Have the tornadoes pick up sand and you could solidify them with your Sand techniques, create numerous barriers in front of you or you could form the picked up sand into sharpened masses or w/e and use the momentum from the tornadoes to throw them for you, allowing you to use your hands for other things :D Just a quick idea I had, its probably not great in actuality, but I thought it was an interesting concept. It negates the opponents ability to damage you with your own technique through usage of fire.
--------------------
This element gets pretty handseal heavy, its a flaw.

---------

Description: The user unleashes a wave of wind that slashes at the opponent by swinging their hand or hands.

Chakra Cost: 15/20
Description: User will create a slicing wind gust which is used to divide and neutralize a Wind attack launched against him. It splits an incoming wind attack of lower or equal strength and makes it harmless. Depending on the users skill with Wind release and the amount of chakra spent, the technique can vary in strength to suit the users needs. Bios with Wind as their main specialty can defend from up to B-Rank techniques.

Description: This technique after performing the required hand seals Tiger → Hare → Dragon allows the user to produce a cyclone of sharp winds and petals to attack their opponent.

That's actually a really good idea. Definitely giving me food for thought on what kinds of customs to make once I finish sand training.

Advantage(s): Yas, no hand seals. A simple technique initiated through a wave of the hand(s) in a vertical or horizontal motion; reaches up to mid range too. I can see this being employed in CQC if you have proper timing.

Disadvantage(s): The use of the word slash implies that it's a fairly thin wind attack, so it can be avoided fairly easily without too much trouble.

Advantage(s): Has variable strength in terms of rank, allowing for more versatility in what wind techniques it can defend from.

Disadvantage(s): This does no damage, and realistically the effect this technique provides can be achieved by simply contesting against the incoming wind attack with an offensive technique that both neutralizes the enemy's wind and continues toward them depending on elemental strengths and weaknesses. Don't see myself using this one.

Advantage(s): The petals produced through this technique are a good way to block line of sight between the target and user. The cyclone of wind is also decently sized, and can reach a good distance away.

Disadvantage(s): Besides multiple handseals being needed, the petals can also become a detriment to the user by cutting off sight from the target and them.

Application(s): I can see myself combining this with sand to deal abrasive damage along with the cutting damage the initial cyclone provides. Adding a fire tech along with it doesn't seem like such a good idea because the petals will just burn away, so maybe using the loss of sight the petals provide can be used to string together another attack to catch the opponent off guard.

The Mockingjay

Legendary
Kin
484💸
Kumi
2,483💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's actually a really good idea. Definitely giving me food for thought on what kinds of customs to make once I finish sand training.

Advantage(s): Yas, no hand seals. A simple technique initiated through a wave of the hand(s) in a vertical or horizontal motion; reaches up to mid range too. I can see this being employed in CQC if you have proper timing.

Disadvantage(s): The use of the word slash implies that it's a fairly thin wind attack, so it can be avoided fairly easily without too much trouble.

Advantage(s): Has variable strength in terms of rank, allowing for more versatility in what wind techniques it can defend from.

Disadvantage(s): This does no damage, and realistically the effect this technique provides can be achieved by simply contesting against the incoming wind attack with an offensive technique that both neutralizes the enemy's wind and continues toward them depending on elemental strengths and weaknesses. Don't see myself using this one.

Advantage(s): The petals produced through this technique are a good way to block line of sight between the target and user. The cyclone of wind is also decently sized, and can reach a good distance away.

Disadvantage(s): Besides multiple handseals being needed, the petals can also become a detriment to the user by cutting off sight from the target and them.

Application(s): I can see myself combining this with sand to deal abrasive damage along with the cutting damage the initial cyclone provides. Adding a fire tech along with it doesn't seem like such a good idea because the petals will just burn away, so maybe using the loss of sight the petals provide can be used to string together another attack to catch the opponent off guard.
For me, for some reason... MAybe Kurenai. Petals in Naruto always signify genjutsu, I like this alongside a simple gen that modify's how the opponent sees the petals, maybe something that makes them less likely to use an obvious counter or something... Idk, petal=gen. As for that second tech, I agree. Useless. The 'splits and makes it harmless part is what bothers me', you can't even use it to defend against something behind you by splitting it and having it miss you to take out something behind which would have made it a bit more of a unique weapon.

---------------------------

Description: This technique utilizes wind chakra into the users sword and then swings it to create a powerful whirlwind of sharp winds. The core skill behind the technique is the timing between channeling chakra into the sword and releasing it as the sword is swung.

Description: The user uses their Giant Folding fan or Giant Fan and swings it forwards at the target creating a single spinning disk of wind that ressembles a demon wind shuriken.
Note: Requires the user to be wielding a Giant Folding Fan or a Giant Fan or a Fan Weapon of some sort.

Your analysis has been nice up until this point, please don't let it slip xx