Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Anywayyy.....Fuuinjutsu. So, tell me about chakra and chakra control, as well as fuuinjutsu, barrier jutsu, the basics behind ninjutsu and ninjas as well. Since Fuuinjutsu is a wide and advanced field, we will need to cover a lot of things before we get to the theoretical section of training. :)

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So God made Adam and Eve and told them they could have everything except for the fruit on one tree but they got greedy and ate it and then they achieved knowledge they weren't supposed to so God punished them...wait wrong text. So this rabbit chick ate a piece of fruit off a sacred tree which gave her a power known as chakra. After eating this, however, that tree turned into a horrific beast that caused unspeakable death and destruction. Huh you know this sounds very familiar!
_______

In all seriousness, chakra is the energy the flows in, now every living entity as a result of the Rabbit Goddess who was the first to bare chakra by eating the forbidden fruit off the sacred life tree (or whatever it was called). It became the source of life for all living beings as well as the power source for shinobi. It's akin to Qi in the Chinese if we relate it back to real terms. What we, in the RP call raw chakra consists of two parts: spiritual and physical or Yin-Yang. The spiritual governs the imagination and concepts the jutsu while the physical governs reality and manifests the concepts from the spiritual to reality making the otherwise immpossible a reality. That is what we call ninjutsu. There are other forms of chakra, the nature chakra and natural chakra/senjutsu chakra. The former consisting of the following five elements; fire, water, earth, lightning, wind which possess specific properties that allow one to manipulate said elements. Advancing further there are advanced elements that are the result of combining two or more of these elements such as Lava (fire, earth) or Ice (water, wind). These are usually the result of possessing a kekkei genkai or Kekkei Tota which allows a person to manipulate two elements simultaneously where as ordinary people can only do one at a time (bar advanced users in YY in our RP but that's moot). Moving onto Senjutsu chakra. Senjutsu chakra is the combination of natural energy/chakra that is taken externally from the nature into one's body and harmoniously joined together with one's internal Yin-Yang chakra in equal thirds. This is different from Orochimaru's brand of curse seals which does exhibit the use of natural energy however it is not manipulated evenly with one's chakra thus the reason for the deformities that come as a result of the imbalance. There is also other forms of chakra such as star energy in the non-canon Hoshigakure, Bijuu chakra which is chakra derrived from the 9 bijuu and the Juubi, and other demons from the movies that aren't exactly canon. However this is all chakra. The absence of chakra is the absence of energy which is essentially death.

Chakra is controlled through the tenkensu points (or chakra points) of the body which resemble the meridians in the Chinese if we talk acupuncture. They're located all over the body and a shinobi learns to manipulate their chakra into these points in order to project their chakra to create/execute their techniques. As is in the name 'chakra control' the users controls the type and flow of chakra to a degree that allows them to execute techniques of various sizes, shapes, density, power, precision, etc. There are two fundamental types of manipulation; shape and nature. Shape manipulation deals with the shape chakra takes (examples being fireball jutsu, rasengan, rasenshuriken, etc). Nature manipulation is the manipulation of the elements as mentioned above. Accessing the natures deep inside the user and projecting them outwards. These two types of manipulation are often enough used in conjunction with one another such as the aforementioned rasenshuriken and fireball jutsu. In short, the manipulation of chakra is what allows nininjutsu, genjutsu, and to a degree some taijutsu, to exist.

Fuinjutsu is a specific subset of ninjutsu that deals with containing, pretty much anything. Fuin meaning sealing techniques seals, binds, restricts, contents to a specific area. Techniques like the generic sealing technique as an example we can use it to seal weapons into scrolls. When the jutsu is used on a weapon it is then confined to that scroll until accessed again. Some sealing techniques aren't two ways (sealing the entity and then reverseing/unsealing). Orochimaru's brand of curse seal deals with sealing natural energy into another and when the seal is unlocked by the party who was branded, the chakra is accessed. Bijuu are confined to seals inside of hosts known as Jinchuuriki but can also be sealed in other objects as we've seen the Hachibi sealed by Sandaime Raikage in an item until re-sealed into Kirabi. Barriers, as I understand, were recently added as a sub-category of fuinjutsu as the barrier too deal with containment of a certain area just like fuinjutsu. In a barrier, an entity is confined to a specific area or protecting a certian area (depending on it's function). I understand this as I disagreed with it before. However this is everything I have to start out with about the basics of everything.

To touch briefly on the basics of ninja as I've already started. Ninja became a thing with the creation of Ninjutsu, which became a thing with the invention of Ninshu, which became a thing when Hogomo discovered it, which was the result of his mother eating shit she had no business in eating. This is not a slippery slope fallacy, that is exactly what happened. After the life tree became the Juubi the Rabbit Goddess had two sons who fought it and Hogomo was the only person to get credit for it when the other mofo was probably the one saving his ass I bet (grimy). However he was the one who discovered Ninshu which was the ideal of using chakra to unify people in a state of equality. However the natural greed for power, desire to be individual and achieve more broke that chain and resulted in secular interests in chakra causing people to develop their own prowess in the arts of chakra. These arts became known as ninjutsu and associated with war, while the practitioners of chakra became known as shinobi (or at least most did)

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Nicely put. Especially that last part lol.

Well, there are 6 parts to a seal and how it works: The object, the medium, the trigger, the binding, chakra and, for some seals, the "key".

The object is whatever you're going to seal to put it simple. And in this its crucial to understand the latus sense of what it means to seal something. You are able to seal not only a physical object but also energy or even metaphysical events such as souls. The list of things sealable is very large, even within the confines of the canon techniques and even greater amongst the Custom techniques.

The medium is what's going to hold the object sealed.

The trigger is what starts the sealing technique. It can be anything from trying to speak of a secret to simple handseals or chakra, or even mental alerts.

The binding can be handseals, kanji formulas, etc. Its basically what will wrap, manipulate and contain the object into the vessel but also what alters the vessel to allow it to serve as a medium for the target of the seal. Its the most complex part

Chakra is, well, self-explanatory lol.

The key, though not present in ever seal, is what is used to release the fuuinjutsu's effect and release the object sealed.

Understandable?

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Deja vu, my student in Ninjutsu explained the same exact steps to me when I asked him to describe fuinjutsu to me. I was looking only for the basic crap so I could have context for the Weapon based ninjutsu techniques that used sealed weapons. Hearing this again was like :/

Nonetheless I gets it

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*Shrugs* I don't pay attention to the monkey's I teach unless they impress me. It was somebody from Kiri and I ran through the concept of fuinjutsu. And it's common knowledge, you can go through anybody's fuinjutsu thread and find those steps :/

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
You are a horrible Sensei. Good job. ^^

Okay, first tech!

( Han'you Fūin ) - Generic Sealing Technique
Type: Supplementary , Defensive
Range: Short
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description: This technique is a standard ninja skill which allows a ninja to summon an assortment of items or weapons that have been stored using Fūinjutsu,typically they are stored within scrolls. When needed, the owner will activate the seals releasing their item or weapon of choice. Scrolls can also be used as ammunition for other weapons. The items themselves are unaffected by time. This Technique allows the user to seal any weapons they wish being their own or opponents.
Note: Cannot seal opponent's custom weapons, or the special weapons of a particular character ( example: Samehada or Kubikiribocho ).
Note: Can only seal corpses, and not injured people regardless of the extent of their injury.

You begin by writing a series of kanji on a scroll of your choice You then form the Kanji for SEAL in between the primary kanji. You then draw an item, we'll use another scroll this time, and place it in the middle of the seal and channel chakra while making a string of hand seals, varying to fit your own means. If done correctly, you should experience a poof of smoke and the item sealed within the scroll.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Seems easy enough to understand. It's the skill Tenten uses for all her techniques basically, at least to store her weapons. Though can't CW and other weapons still technically be sealed (not necessarily by this technique) but in other more advanced seals? I mean we've seen Samehada and the other seven swords sealed...

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
Now, that is the generic use of Sealing techniques to seal objects, the next one is how you seal chakra.

Now, in a battle you would draw some kanji corresponding to an element, let's say fire, on your scroll with the kanji for fire in the middle and do a string of handseals when you are ready, releasing your chakra into the scroll. As you do it correctly, a mist will escape the sealing scroll and engulf the flame, grabbing hold of it and pulling it inside the scroll, effectively sealing it within it.

( Ho/Mizu/Kaze/Tsuchi/Rai Houin ) - Fire/Water/Wind/Earth/Lightning Sealing Method
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The user takes out a scroll, and writes the name of the element they wish to seal in it. They then make four handseals, and a vapour comes out of the scroll, envelops the technique they wish to seal and seals it back into the scroll.
Note: This technique can only seal one technique up to S-rank per usage
Note: This technique may be used only thrice

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Makes sense, now this could be used in battle application like you said. If somebody wrote/had a pre-written seal already on hand would something like this be able to seal something like Majestic annihilation (I know it says it can only seal one s-rank per battle but I'm just saying, would it be able to seal something of such magnitude?

Lord of Kaos

Supreme
Kin
4,695💸
Kumi
92,153💴
Trait Points
25⚔️
( Fūin Fuda ) – Sealing Tag
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description: Once one of these tags is placed on an object, either by hand or by being attached to a kunai and thrown, a substantial seal slowly forms over the target. This prevents the target from moving or being summoned.
Note: The seal takes a while to form, so any opponent can rip it off negating its effects entirely, if he does so within five seconds.
Note: This technique only works against summons, or bodies resurrected via Edo Tensei.

Pretty straight forward, you place a tag on an item, either you hand or a projectile, and hit the target with it. Takes some time form as you can see. It's the jutsu used to seal edos in the manga and anime.