Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Do you prefer straight forward training or RP based?

Also, I see you have learnt some techniques already. So as a warm up, I want you to make a good combo out of these techniques and attack my clone.

*Creates a clone*

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Do you prefer straight forward training or RP based?

Also, I see you have learnt some techniques already. So as a warm up, I want you to make a good combo out of these techniques and attack my clone.

*Creates a clone*
-Facing the clone, Byakuya gathers his earth chakra and creates a glob of mud. Aiming a little bit above the head, Byakuya shoots the ball of mud making sure to cover and blind the clone but not covering the nose and mouth to not suffocate it. As the clone is struggling to see anything at all, Byakuya quickly performs the Boar-Ox hand seals and places his hands on the surface of the earth channeling his earth chakra into it causing the earth beneath the blind clone to spiral inward dragging the clone down until only his head is visible. Lastly, Byakuya uses his earth Chakra to summon a river of mud flowing towards the clone's head suffocating him and killing him slowly.-

I wanted to try the slow and painful method instead of a straightforward attack. :)

(Doton: Dorosandan) – Earth Release: Mudshot
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 15
Damage points: 10
Description: The user spits a thick globule of mud at the target. If aimed correctly, it can blind the target's vision and choke them. It can also be used to create a sticky patch on the ground.

(Doton: Retsudo Tenshō) - Earth Release: Tearing Earth Turning Palm
Type: Offense
Range: Short/Long
Chakra Cost: 15
Damage Points: 30
Description: After performing the required hand seals Boar → Ox → placing hand on the ground, the user causes the ground surrounding the enemy to spiral inwards on itself, burying them alive or crushing them. This technique is capable of causing quite a bit of damage to the area. This technique is much more damaging if used in rocky mountainous areas, or inside a cave.

(Doton: Doro Hōshi) - Earth Release: Mud Spore
Type: Supplementary
Range: Long
Damage Points: N/A
Description: This technique lets the user summon a river of mud infront of them. This technique can have water added to it to speed up the flow and increase its power.

Kamishiro

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
-Facing the clone, Byakuya gathers his earth chakra and creates a glob of mud. Aiming a little bit above the head, Byakuya shoots the ball of mud making sure to cover and blind the clone but not covering the nose and mouth to not suffocate it. As the clone is struggling to see anything at all, Byakuya quickly performs the Boar-Ox hand seals and places his hands on the surface of the earth channeling his earth chakra into it causing the earth beneath the blind clone to spiral inward dragging the clone down until only his head is visible. Lastly, Byakuya uses his earth Chakra to summon a river of mud flowing towards the clone's head suffocating him and killing him slowly.-

I wanted to try the slow and painful method instead of a straightforward attack. :)

(Doton: Dorosandan) – Earth Release: Mudshot
Damage points: 10
Description: The user spits a thick globule of mud at the target. If aimed correctly, it can blind the target's vision and choke them. It can also be used to create a sticky patch on the ground.

(Doton: Retsudo Tenshō) - Earth Release: Tearing Earth Turning Palm
Type: Offense
Range: Short/Long
Damage Points: 30
Description: After performing the required hand seals Boar → Ox → placing hand on the ground, the user causes the ground surrounding the enemy to spiral inwards on itself, burying them alive or crushing them. This technique is capable of causing quite a bit of damage to the area. This technique is much more damaging if used in rocky mountainous areas, or inside a cave.

(Doton: Doro Hōshi) - Earth Release: Mud Spore
Range: Long
Damage Points: N/A
Description: This technique lets the user summon a river of mud infront of them. This technique can have water added to it to speed up the flow and increase its power.
I see. That is why I wanted you to perform the combo before proceeding into the techniques, anyone can learn techniques but not everyone can use them. Your combo has a very similar problems with how my combos used to be, which is constitutional dependency. Basically what I mean is, your techniques existence depends on the success of the previous technique, like you used the third technique depending on your first technique, but then again, your first technique wasn't sent efficiently enough to success. In each combo, you have to keep in mind that your first technique won't go through, so you will have to make combos that are in a harmony with each other but in the same time, completely independent. I will show you an example with the very same techniques you have used. Although one thing I have to note as well, your attacks are too straight forward, which makes your opponent's response much easier. You sent the mud shots in a linear direction, so in response, your opponent will most likely use a technique that will overpower the mud shot and get back at you, so he will block, interrupt and attack with only one technique, that is the ugliness of linear attacks. I am not saying don't do linear attacks, but unless they are powerful enough to at least have a change to go through without easily being blocked, then you are better off with different directions and angles.

What you could've done differently is spit the Mud in an angle with your head so that it would go towards your opponent in an arc and fall on their head, that way, he can't block and attack at the same time unless he uses a large ranged attack that would cover a big area and attack before it is mid-way to him, and you will also have him being attacked from above, you can then use your second technique to attack him from below, so you will have him attacked from two different directions with minimum chances of him sending any attack at you, which will give you the upper hand in the fight. I wouldn't use two techniques in sequence that has the same origin i.e your second and third techniques because, they can be easily dealt with with one lightning technique that goes through the ground.

Just some tips on how you can enhance your combos with future and previous earth techniques. I hope you don't count that as a waste of time, and if you see it as such, I will save myself and you the effort. I am only doing it because I feel like sensei's shouldn't only teach techniques, but also how to use them in battle as that is why we are all learning.

If you understand all this and have no question, we will move on.

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I see. That is why I wanted you to perform the combo before proceeding into the techniques, anyone can learn techniques but not everyone can use them. Your combo has a very similar problems with how my combos used to be, which is constitutional dependency. Basically what I mean is, your techniques existence depends on the success of the previous technique, like you used the third technique depending on your first technique, but then again, your first technique wasn't sent efficiently enough to success. In each combo, you have to keep in mind that your first technique won't go through, so you will have to make combos that are in a harmony with each other but in the same time, completely independent. I will show you an example with the very same techniques you have used. Although one thing I have to note as well, your attacks are too straight forward, which makes your opponent's response much easier. You sent the mud shots in a linear direction, so in response, your opponent will most likely use a technique that will overpower the mud shot and get back at you, so he will block, interrupt and attack with only one technique, that is the ugliness of linear attacks. I am not saying don't do linear attacks, but unless they are powerful enough to at least have a change to go through without easily being blocked, then you are better off with different directions and angles.

What you could've done differently is spit the Mud in an angle with your head so that it would go towards your opponent in an arc and fall on their head, that way, he can't block and attack at the same time unless he uses a large ranged attack that would cover a big area and attack before it is mid-way to him, and you will also have him being attacked from above, you can then use your second technique to attack him from below, so you will have him attacked from two different directions with minimum chances of him sending any attack at you, which will give you the upper hand in the fight. I wouldn't use two techniques in sequence that has the same origin i.e your second and third techniques because, they can be easily dealt with with one lightning technique that goes through the ground.

Just some tips on how you can enhance your combos with future and previous earth techniques. I hope you don't count that as a waste of time, and if you see it as such, I will save myself and you the effort. I am only doing it because I feel like sensei's shouldn't only teach techniques, but also how to use them in battle as that is why we are all learning.

If you understand all this and have no question, we will move on.
Please don't ever feel like that. I truly appreciate your advice. I understand, don't rely on one move to base your other moves on because if one fails, they all fail

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Please don't ever feel like that. I truly appreciate your advice. I understand, don't rely on one move to base your other moves on because if one fails, they all fail
Here's a little summary of how I do training. It'll probably be a bit similar to Kamishiro's. Either way we'll accomplish the same, ideally. Once we finish the B-Ranks we're going to have a spar which I'll use to see how well you're grasping Earth Release and what we've learned so far. Then we'll go through the A and S-Ranks and I'll give you one final spar before I officially allow you to access the S-Rank techniques outside of training and mastery over earth.

When it comes to the training itself I'll certainly RP with you if you'd like. If not that's totally fine. Completely up to you. But for the techniques I really want an open discussion about them. I want to hear what you think, how useful it is, anything interesting the technique may employ (some techniques are entirely boring so that is also a valid point. Don't feel you HAVE to find something). I know you can read and so can I. So summarizing the technique isn't a personal favorite of mine. You're welcome to perform them as you'd like, though. When I first give you techniques I won't really give you much information. I'll want to see what you know. And don't be afraid to say 'I don't know' or just be unsure. That's why were here and not in a real spar where you can lose based on a simple knowledge mistake or something like that. And I really want to emphasize asking questions. Ask anything you may want to know.

My goal is to bring you to understand not only each individual technique but also all of Earth Release so you can make your own unique variations of it as well as use them in battle.

Any questions before we move on? Also do keep in mind what Kamishiro said for using these techniques because that is something I look for in the spars we will be having.

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here's a little summary of how I do training. It'll probably be a bit similar to Kamishiro's. Either way we'll accomplish the same, ideally. Once we finish the B-Ranks we're going to have a spar which I'll use to see how well you're grasping Earth Release and what we've learned so far. Then we'll go through the A and S-Ranks and I'll give you one final spar before I officially allow you to access the S-Rank techniques outside of training and mastery over earth.

When it comes to the training itself I'll certainly RP with you if you'd like. If not that's totally fine. Completely up to you. But for the techniques I really want an open discussion about them. I want to hear what you think, how useful it is, anything interesting the technique may employ (some techniques are entirely boring so that is also a valid point. Don't feel you HAVE to find something). I know you can read and so can I. So summarizing the technique isn't a personal favorite of mine. You're welcome to perform them as you'd like, though. When I first give you techniques I won't really give you much information. I'll want to see what you know. And don't be afraid to say 'I don't know' or just be unsure. That's why were here and not in a real spar where you can lose based on a simple knowledge mistake or something like that. And I really want to emphasize asking questions. Ask anything you may want to know.

My goal is to bring you to understand not only each individual technique but also all of Earth Release so you can make your own unique variations of it as well as use them in battle.

Any questions before we move on? Also do keep in mind what Kamishiro said for using these techniques because that is something I look for in the spars we will be having.
Not at all, I would actually like that. Being a member for 4 years, you'd think I'd be experienced but I don't have much if any...

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Not at all, I would actually like that. Being a member for 4 years, you'd think I'd be experienced but I don't have much if any...
Okay. Let's see how you do on the first one o^o. I won't give you much information on any of these. I want to see how you respond and then we'll discuss.

(Doton: Kengan no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Fist Rock Technique
Range: Short
Damage points: 30
Description: After performing the snake → Seal of Confrontation and then by encasing their arm in rock, the user can deal a powerful hardened punch against an opponent while being protected from direct contact with their target. If necessary, the weight of the rock can be increased to further increase the punch's destructive power through the Earth Release: Added Weight Technique or the Earth Release: Super Added Weight Technique.

(Doton: Ton'neru chika no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Tunneling Technique
Range: Short - Long
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user after performing the required hand seals Ram → Dog → Rat → Bird is able to create a wide tunnel in the ground, this cannot travel through rock though or anything with a high density. The large tunnel that is created allows the user to transport others without detection.
Note: The initial entry of the technique is short range.

(Doton: Dōka Iwa fubuki) - Earth Release: Assimilated Rock Blizzard
Description: After performing the Assimilate All Creation Technique to fuse with an object, the user controls the rocks that make up their "body" and shoot the rocks at the target.
Note: Must use Assimilate all creation technique beforehand.

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay. Let's see how you do on the first one o^o. I won't give you much information on any of these. I want to see how you respond and then we'll discuss.

(Doton: Kengan no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Fist Rock Technique
Description: After performing the snake → Seal of Confrontation and then by encasing their arm in rock, the user can deal a powerful hardened punch against an opponent while being protected from direct contact with their target. If necessary, the weight of the rock can be increased to further increase the punch's destructive power through the Earth Release: Added Weight Technique or the Earth Release: Super Added Weight Technique.

(Doton: Ton'neru chika no Jutsu) - Earth Release: Tunneling Technique
Description: The user after performing the required hand seals Ram → Dog → Rat → Bird is able to create a wide tunnel in the ground, this cannot travel through rock though or anything with a high density. The large tunnel that is created allows the user to transport others without detection.
Note: The initial entry of the technique is short range.

(Doton: Dōka Iwa fubuki) - Earth Release: Assimilated Rock Blizzard
Description: After performing the Assimilate All Creation Technique to fuse with an object, the user controls the rocks that make up their "body" and shoot the rocks at the target.
Note: Must use Assimilate all creation technique beforehand.

Forming the snake handseal, Byakuya gathers earth chakra around his arm causing rocks to rise from the ground and encase around said arm like a gauntlet. Using this rock covered arm, Byakuya turns to a tree and punches a hole right through it.

-Advantages- It serves as offense and can be used in defense as well. It can enhance strength and block incoming attacks to a degree.

-Disadvantage- Being that the arm is being encased in rock, it would slow me down.

Next, Byakuya quickly performs four handseals and places his palms on the ground channeling his chakra into the ground forcing the ground to slowly split in apart making a tunnel in which Byakuya drops into.

-Advantage- I can use it to hide from my opponent or an incoming attack.

-Disadvantage- I'm kinda stuck down there so I could get trapped.

Lastly, Byakuya uses his earth chakra to gather rocks from around him. As the rocks rise, they gather around him from his "body". However, by a simple flick of the wrist, the rocks quickly leave Byakuya's side and fly towards a dummy destroying it upon the quick impact.

-Advantage- Great offensive move, and can protect me at the same time.

-Disadvantage- Might slow me down and take time to perform.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Forming the snake handseal, Byakuya gathers earth chakra around his arm causing rocks to rise from the ground and encase around said arm like a gauntlet. Using this rock covered arm, Byakuya turns to a tree and punches a hole right through it.

-Advantages- It serves as offense and can be used in defense as well. It can enhance strength and block incoming attacks to a degree.

-Disadvantage- Being that the arm is being encased in rock, it would slow me down.

Next, Byakuya quickly performs four handseals and places his palms on the ground channeling his chakra into the ground forcing the ground to slowly split in apart making a tunnel in which Byakuya drops into.

-Advantage- I can use it to hide from my opponent or an incoming attack.

-Disadvantage- I'm kinda stuck down there so I could get trapped.

Lastly, Byakuya uses his earth chakra to gather rocks from around him. As the rocks rise, they gather around him from his "body". However, by a simple flick of the wrist, the rocks quickly leave Byakuya's side and fly towards a dummy destroying it upon the quick impact.

-Advantage- Great offensive move, and can protect me at the same time.

-Disadvantage- Might slow me down and take time to perform.
Don't template the training. Just discuss them. I never wanted a template for just advantages and disadvantages. The encasing of your hand would not slow you down too noticeably. And on top of that you can time it with description to be encased at the apex of your punch. Meaning the moment just before your punch would land. But the major weakness to the technique is the requirement for hand seals. Hand seals are really difficult to use and justify in close range because in close range most things come down to instinct and split second decisions. Hand seals take time.

Bear in mind for the third technique it doesn't simply ask you to manipulate rocks around you. You actually have to use Assimilate all Creation (something you will or have already learned in Ninjutsu training). With this technique you're not manipulating those rocks around you you're actually launching rocks that compose you after you assimilate with them.

Most offenses serve as a defense. If you can occupy your opponent then they obviously cannot attack you unless they overwhelm your technique and reverse the tide of a fight. So try to not just simply say "It can protect me". Go into detail about it.

Let's try again. With the next three.

(Doton: Retsudo Tenshin) - Earth Release: Violent Heavenly Earth Needle
Damage point: 30
Description: The user after after using earth release: earth flow wave, will perform the snake hand seal and then will create a large needle out of it to impale the opponent.
Note: Must use Earth Release: Earth Flow Wave before hand

(Doton: Dāchiganshō) - Earth Release: Ground Bedrock
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Description: After forming the necessary seal Snake, the user creates two walls of earth and traps their target in between them, crushing them.

(Doton: Hokoriheki no Jutsu ) - Earth Release: Dust Wall Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra releasing it into the ground and with a wave of their arm or through the application of a weapon can cause a small wall of dust particles and sand to rise up from the ground and thrusting forwards. This technique creates a simple dust screen that will fade away after 3 turns.

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Don't template the training. Just discuss them. I never wanted a template for just advantages and disadvantages. The encasing of your hand would not slow you down too noticeably. And on top of that you can time it with description to be encased at the apex of your punch. Meaning the moment just before your punch would land. But the major weakness to the technique is the requirement for hand seals. Hand seals are really difficult to use and justify in close range because in close range most things come down to instinct and split second decisions. Hand seals take time.

Bear in mind for the third technique it doesn't simply ask you to manipulate rocks around you. You actually have to use Assimilate all Creation (something you will or have already learned in Ninjutsu training). With this technique you're not manipulating those rocks around you you're actually launching rocks that compose you after you assimilate with them.

Most offenses serve as a defense. If you can occupy your opponent then they obviously cannot attack you unless they overwhelm your technique and reverse the tide of a fight. So try to not just simply say "It can protect me". Go into detail about it.

Let's try again. With the next three.

(Doton: Retsudo Tenshin) - Earth Release: Violent Heavenly Earth Needle
Damage point: 30
Description: The user after after using earth release: earth flow wave, will perform the snake hand seal and then will create a large needle out of it to impale the opponent.
Note: Must use Earth Release: Earth Flow Wave before hand

(Doton: Dāchiganshō) - Earth Release: Ground Bedrock
Description: After forming the necessary seal Snake, the user creates two walls of earth and traps their target in between them, crushing them.

(Doton: Hokoriheki no Jutsu ) - Earth Release: Dust Wall Technique
Range: Short - Mid
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra releasing it into the ground and with a wave of their arm or through the application of a weapon can cause a small wall of dust particles and sand to rise up from the ground and thrusting forwards. This technique creates a simple dust screen that will fade away after 3 turns.

Itachi drops his hands to the ground and channels his earth chakra into the ground creating a wave of earth. Then, forming the snake hand seal Itachi creates a large needle shape piece of rock that he controls. He then sends it towards the clone aiming right for the chest causing it to disperse immediately.

Next, forming the snake hand seal again, Itachi faces another clone and uses the earth chakra to make two walls of earth to rise from the ground on both sides of the clone. Before it was able to react, Itachi takes his hand and crosses them causing the two walls of earth to collide with each other crushing the clone within.

Lastly, taking a bit of his chakra and channeling it towards the ground, Itachi uses said chakra to pick up the dust and pushes it towards the clone causing irritation of the eyes and makes the clone constantly rub his eyes.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Itachi drops his hands to the ground and channels his earth chakra into the ground creating a wave of earth. Then, forming the snake hand seal Itachi creates a large needle shape piece of rock that he controls. He then sends it towards the clone aiming right for the chest causing it to disperse immediately.

Next, forming the snake hand seal again, Itachi faces another clone and uses the earth chakra to make two walls of earth to rise from the ground on both sides of the clone. Before it was able to react, Itachi takes his hand and crosses them causing the two walls of earth to collide with each other crushing the clone within.

Lastly, taking a bit of his chakra and channeling it towards the ground, Itachi uses said chakra to pick up the dust and pushes it towards the clone causing irritation of the eyes and makes the clone constantly rub his eyes.
Good, good. You've got the gist of those techniques that's for sure. Did you notice anything interesting or unique about the third technique in particular that sets it apart from many other Earth Release techniques?

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good, good. You've got the gist of those techniques that's for sure. Did you notice anything interesting or unique about the third technique in particular that sets it apart from many other Earth Release techniques?

Well, I think that the last technique is unique because usually Earth techniques means to use rocks or mud, but in this case, it is using dust from the Earth itself. Also, it is long lasting and it's not as noticeable as most other Earth techniques. I can't really think about anything else though..

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Well, I think that the last technique is unique because usually Earth techniques means to use rocks or mud, but in this case, it is using dust from the Earth itself. Also, it is long lasting and it's not as noticeable as most other Earth techniques. I can't really think about anything else though..
That is exactly what I was looking for. It uses Dust. Keep this in mind when you're making your own Earth CJ. Let's move onto the next batch.

( Doton: Rokkuhanmā ) - Earth Release: Rock Hammer
Description: The user manipulates their chakra and creates a huge rock from the ground that will rise up, hammering the opponent by slamming it down from above them.

( Doton: Iwa Dangan ) - Earth Release: Rock Bullet
Description: The user manipulating their chakra will point their palm or fist at the opponent, creating a large rock on it which he then sends at the opponent. Alternatively, the user can "spit" the rock. In this case he will spit a large globule of mud which hardens mid way towards the opponent into a large rock.

( Doton: Jōshō Iwa ) - Earth Release: Rising Rocks
Description: The user claps their hands together and then unleashes two huge rocks from the ground on either side of the enemy to send the opponent flying backwards.

( Doton: Gizagiza no Iwajin ) - Earth Release: Jagged Rock Formation
Range: Short – Mid
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra and stomps the ground. By doing so, he causes small fractures to rip through the ground, which will then force fragments of earth and rock to rise up from the ground like protruding rock formations to then deal blunt force damage to the opponent and can raise them up into the air.

Byakuya K

Veteran
Kin
8💸
Kumi
6💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That is exactly what I was looking for. It uses Dust. Keep this in mind when you're making your own Earth CJ. Let's move onto the next batch.

( Doton: Rokkuhanmā ) - Earth Release: Rock Hammer
Description: The user manipulates their chakra and creates a huge rock from the ground that will rise up, hammering the opponent by slamming it down from above them.

( Doton: Iwa Dangan ) - Earth Release: Rock Bullet
Description: The user manipulating their chakra will point their palm or fist at the opponent, creating a large rock on it which he then sends at the opponent. Alternatively, the user can "spit" the rock. In this case he will spit a large globule of mud which hardens mid way towards the opponent into a large rock.

( Doton: Jōshō Iwa ) - Earth Release: Rising Rocks
Description: The user claps their hands together and then unleashes two huge rocks from the ground on either side of the enemy to send the opponent flying backwards.

( Doton: Gizagiza no Iwajin ) - Earth Release: Jagged Rock Formation
Range: Short – Mid
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra and stomps the ground. By doing so, he causes small fractures to rip through the ground, which will then force fragments of earth and rock to rise up from the ground like protruding rock formations to then deal blunt force damage to the opponent and can raise them up into the air.
Channeling his earth chakra, Byakuya carves out a large chunk of rock from the ground levitating it above of the clone. As soon as the rock is hovering above the opponent, Byakuya quickly lowers his hand causing the rock to freely fall and crushing the clone.

Taking a deep breath, Byakuya infuses the air in his mouth with earth chakra molding it to become mud. (he would need to rinse his mouth a little later.) Aiming towards a tree, he forcefully spits out the chakra ball now mud, and as it flies towards the tree, the mud ball hardens and causes a large indent upon impact.

Clapping his hands together, he then uses his chakra to cause the rock underneath the clone's feet to rise up into the air knocking the clone off balance and onto the ground.

Channeling his earth chakra to his feet, Byakuya stomps the ground causing a ripple effect to occur making the ground from Byakuya to the clone fracture and rise high up taking the clone up with it. As the clone is taken up, the uneven rock formations hit the clone and causes scratches and slight bruising but not enough damage to disperse the clone.