00Rinne

Veteran
Kin
351💸
Kumi
162💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gohan does NOT need to lose to take his training serious enough.

He already wants to get stronger to protect his loved ones.
He has resumed training with Piccolo.
When Gohan jumped into the ring previous episode, he was eager to show to his father, how strong he is right now.

He is already making effort to get stronger again.
If he needs to do this even more, barely winning against Lavenda will give this result as well.
As it will show him that where he is, might not be enough next time.
He will realise he needs to be better prepared next time and therefore will increase his training.
It will be a ''damm that was a close call, I need to increase the lvl of my training more'' type of wake up call.

Besides Whis is also watching. Who may want to train Gohan too.
Regardless of if Gohan wins or loses.

I dont want Gohan to lose after waiting so long to see Gohan in a serious fight again.

We also dont know if this pretournament will be over if uni7 has won 2 out of 3.
As the matches are to entertain Zeno.
The third match Goku vs Bergamo could just as well start with Uni7 having 2 out of 3 due to Buu and Gohan winning.
Meaning Gohan and Buu winning does not have to be an issue.
As some people say Gohan needs to lose for it to be 1-1, making Goku vs Bergamo the tiebreaker,
however a tiebreaker is maybe not relevant for these pretournament matches.

Just make Uni 7 win 3-0. If one of the uni 7 fighters has to lose I rather see Goku lose one due to some surprise ability and have Gohan and Buu win theirs tbh.
We will probably see Goku shine enough in the future episodes.
It might also be interesting to see Zeno's reaction to Goku losing.

You are a true DB fan, You sound like a buddy of mine!
RESPECT..

But think about it like this!..

Gohan has been out of the loop for awhile when it comes to protecting the earth an family.. (He's left it to the pure bloods.. Goku/Vegeta)
Him losing would put more intrest on his character.. It wouldn't be fair if for after 15 years or so he hasn't fought to the death or even a serious fight since Cell then he wins a bout were his opponent is going all out.. (He's rusty in real combat)

Gohan is not the fighter he used to be an losing would build on his character even more.. The reailization of losing his love ones would (Even if it's just a spar when he knows what could happen if he loses the real tournament) push him to become stronger. (Angel Whis Training)
This could leave us with more episodes to see him train with Whis.. (if there is rest time after the preliminary rounds)

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well, the results are out and, spoilers but....

...apparently it was a tie. Gohan beat the enemy, but was ultimately overwhelmed by the poison that spread through his body Which honestly, when you stop to think about it, is kind of perfect. It does not take all of the glory from Gohan while simultaneously being the same kind of wake up call he'd gain from a direct defeat.

All and all, as a Gohan fan, I actually think this was the best result possible.

Meowazziel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You are a true DB fan, You sound like a buddy of mine!
RESPECT..

But think about it like this!..

Gohan has been out of the loop for awhile when it comes to protecting the earth an family.. (He's left it to the pure bloods.. Goku/Vegeta)
Him losing would put more intrest on his character.. It wouldn't be fair if for after 15 years or so he hasn't fought to the death or even a serious fight since Cell then he wins a bout were his opponent is going all out.. (He's rusty in real combat)

Gohan is not the fighter he used to be an losing would build on his character even more.. The reailization of losing his love ones would (Even if it's just a spar when he knows what could happen if he loses the real tournament) push him to become stronger. (Angel Whis Training)
This could leave us with more episodes to see him train with Whis.. (if there is rest time after the preliminary rounds)
Haha thanks.

In the end it it became
a tie.
I think that was a good choice by the writers.
It provides the experience and realisation for Gohan to see that he still needs to improve, as he couldnt push out a win.
He still looked good in the fight, even though he didnt win. He showed some good battle talent and a struggle.
A too clear win wouldnt have been good vs one of universe 9 strongest, because Gohan was out of serious battle for so long. A loss could have been bad as well, as it could make him look bad right now.
The tie was right. They did a really good job of finding a balance of how experienced/rusty Gohan looked.
A good balance between being out of serious battles like a tournament for long experience/rusty wise, yet they also showed the improvements that he gained again through his recent trainings and how he can tap into his battle talents more and more.
This fight does well for buildup to the future.