Alphonse Elric

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It might not just be Wiki I saw on tv about 2 days or so ago that Google might do the same but they were still thinking about it.
If google shuts down for 24hrs I'll be affected but not enough to bother me. However if it's gone forever due to the bill then I am doomed. x.x I need google to help me find websites, google is needed in my weekly game finding.

kyuubinaru

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The American government has far exceeded its power. I am sick of it! If this bill passes, Americans such as myself won't be able to even access this website, not to mention *********** or anything like that. That will be a sad day if it ever comes.

-Albel-

Legendary
Kin
9💸
Kumi
518💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If google shuts down for 24hrs I'll be affected but not enough to bother me. However if it's gone forever due to the bill then I am doomed. x.x I need google to help me find websites, google is needed in my weekly game finding.
Well a 24 shut down shouldn't be that bad unless you have something for class that needs to be finished by the next day or something. Then yea I can see it being a problem, but if it were to shut down permanently(which I doubt) then there would be a big problem.

Black Adam

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I guess kids these days forgot that there are these literature repositories called libraries now a library has books on every subject from asphalt to zero g. so it won't be a complete loss...no what these ws are doing is in 9 hrs. they are going to protest the bill for 24hrs. But something like this is too little, too late if the government wanted to sanction the internet it should've been done 15 years ago it's just too big now..

Uchiha Paulsama

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like how sopa is partially violating some/an ammendments.

Wikipedia= A+ research papers xd
this would discredit our freedom of speech..
Honestly the people on this forum really need to tell there parents quit voting for these guys in office
exactly, these politicians are trying to swipe everything from us, they should have censored the internet in the beginning.. it is like working at a good job for years, you do your job well , but then all of a sudden you get a new boss, and he fires you..

Zanji

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Wikipedia is only shutting down for 12 hrs, along with several other websites.....its basically an internet strike that will be going down to fight against this stupid as **** SOPA and PIPA thing that the government is trying to do.

What they are wanting to do is stop all forms of piracy to their greatest ability but not realizing the total affect that it will have on millions of people world wide. They are also basically waving a giant ass finger between us and our amendment rights, which is freedom of expression and freedom of speech.

There are millions in the US alone who pirate nearly everday just so they can obtain something that they either A cannot afford or B are not willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money for computer programs.

This act is more or less favoring the rich and the wealthy, such as stars and corporations considering that all stars and corporations get a certain amount of profit off of each item that is sold, and when people choose to pirate those said items means that those corporations and stars are not getting and kind of money out of it. But what they are not fully realizing is that when someone makes a download or a torrent of said item, that means that person bought the item (thus putting more money in their greedy ass pockets) and I dunno about y'all but there are always hundreds of people whom make torrents and downloads if not thousands so I still don't see the purpose of these acts other than to try and limit us and control us more than they already do.

**** these acts of controllment!!!

Uchiha Paulsama

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wikipedia is only shutting down for 12 hrs, along with several other websites.....its basically an internet strike that will be going down to fight against this stupid as **** SOPA and PIPA thing that the government is trying to do.

What they are wanting to do is stop all forms of piracy to their greatest ability but not realizing the total affect that it will have on millions of people world wide. They are also basically waving a giant ass finger between us and our amendment rights, which is freedom of expression and freedom of speech.

There are millions in the US alone who pirate nearly everday just so they can obtain something that they either A cannot afford or B are not willing to spend ridiculous amounts of money for computer programs.

This act is more or less favoring the rich and the wealthy, such as stars and corporations considering that all stars and corporations get a certain amount of profit off of each item that is sold, and when people choose to pirate those said items means that those corporations and stars are not getting and kind of money out of it. But what they are not fully realizing is that when someone makes a download or a torrent of said item, that means that person bought the item (thus putting more money in their greedy ass pockets) and I dunno about y'all but there are always hundreds of people whom make torrents and downloads if not thousands so I still don't see the purpose of these acts other than to try and limit us and control us more than they already do.

**** these acts of controllment!!!
+rep, thanks for the knowledge on that, but i heard that the bill hasn't been written yet, so this could take years to pass maybe? or is the bill being written as we speak? i am thinking this bill may get trashed, for the simple fact being, it is election season, and this could ruin that.

Zanji

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
+rep, thanks for the knowledge on that, but i heard that the bill hasn't been written yet, so this could take years to pass maybe? or is the bill being written as we speak? i am thinking this bill may get trashed, for the simple fact being, it is election season, and this could ruin that.
Well the SOPA was already written and if it were to be passed it would take affect anywhere between now, 30-days from to or at most 6 months from now.

But luckily was have a President who actually noticed the harm that it would cause and basically said "Hell No" with his stamp of disapproval. But that doesn't mean that they will try again when or if the Republican party takes control over the White House once again. They are basically all for anything that will make the rich richer and the wealthy wealthier not given a damn about anyone under them (namely the middle class (which is anyone who makes less than 500,000 a year))

Uchiha Paulsama

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Well the SOPA was already written and if it were to be passed it would take affect anywhere between now, 30-days from to or at most 6 months from now.

But luckily was have a President who actually noticed the harm that it would cause and basically said "Hell No" with his stamp of disapproval. But that doesn't mean that they will try again when or if the Republican party takes control over the White House once again. They are basically all for anything that will make the rich richer and the wealthy wealthier not given a damn about anyone under them (namely the middle class (which is anyone who makes less than 500,000 a year))

WTF!! :mad: it's like why should i even pay for internet?? there would be no point, this country is ran by pricks..

i googled pokemon, here is the result..