Why root for villains when they always lose in the end?

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Losing doesn't take away the glory of being in the right side.
Spoken like a true loser.
History isn't fond of the losers.

Madara, Akatuski, Obito etc. Were destined to lose to the MC and greater good the moment they were conceived. To believe they're right, only to fail to fate.

[video=youtube;Sf2eBdfwSRE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sf2eBdfwSRE[/video]

Last edited:

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Will of Fire Propaganda really got you.
Nope. All shounen villains either die, lose, or turn good.

It is fate.

Kishimoto created all of his villains with one end goal. To lose in the end.

What if they come back just like it has happened with Orochimaru?

:bdpf:
You either die, lose or turn good.

Sometimes all three.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nope. All shounen villains either die, lose, or turn good.

It is fate.

Kishimoto created all of his villains with one end goal. To lose in the end.

You either die, lose or turn good.

Sometimes all three.
I'm not interested in seeing my characters winning all the time. Only kids think like this.
Anyway, what's good about liking a character that is perfect?

And btw: Naruto's world view is as flawed as fake news.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm not interested in seeing my characters winning all the time. Only kids think like this.

Heroes don't win all the time. They only win when it matters.

Villains? They will lose when it matters, no matter how right they believe they are.

You must be registered for see images

Heroes are not perfect characters.

Madara believed he was chosen that he would be the savior. Only to be killed and removed from the legends.

You must be registered for see images

He's nothing more than a cautionary tale as Hagoromo put it. A walking tragedy.​

Last edited:

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Nice neg diff.

OT: we root for ideals that those characters portray, their back story creates a form of sympathy for you.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nice neg diff.

OT: we root for ideals that those characters portray, their back story creates a form of sympathy for you.
Those ideals do nothing but lead them to fail with nothing to show for it but failure in the very end.

To root for a shounen villain is the equivalent of watching a injured animal out run a predator.

They will never escape their destiny to lose to the Hero.

UCHIHAKUNOICHI

Veteran
Kin
324💸
Kumi
201💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Those ideals do nothing but lead them to fail with nothing to show for it but failure in the very end.

To root for a shounen villain is the equivalent of watching a injured animal out run a predator.

You are the proof of why only sugar coated things make success nowadays.

Politically correct. Ew.

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe but they're still reason enough to garner support from people.

I think the roles are reversed, the predator is the villian and the injured prey is the hero who gains plot armour to overcome the predator.

Shonen is predictable I would rather prefer MCs dying. I must say Lawliet dying in Death Note was ballzy even though they slightly screwed up in the end. Light also died so whoever you consider the MC both died. You never know Shonen may return to such GREATNESS once again.

Back on topic ideals are the reason people root for the villian whether they lose or not. That won't be changing any time soon, some even view the villian as somewhat of a hero.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You are the proof of why only sugar coated things make success nowadays.

Politically correct. Ew.
Untrue.

Many series have villains who win and Heroes who fail.

Those are called tragedies. They aren't in shounen because it's catered towards teens. Madara is a shounen villain and will always lose in the end by design.

Maybe but they're still reason enough to garner support from people.

I think the roles are reversed, the predator is the villian and the injured prey is the hero who gains plot armour to overcome the predator.

Shonen is predictable I would rather prefer MCs dying. I must say Lawliet dying in Death Note was ballzy even though they slightly screwed up in the end. Light also died so whoever you consider the MC both died. You never know Shonen may return to such GREATNESS once again.

Back on topic ideals are the reason people root for the villian whether they lose or not. That won't be changing any time soon, some even view the villian as somewhat of a hero.
Death Note was a tragedy. The villain is a stepping stone for the heroes. It's a constant.

Last edited:

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It’s not about what’s winning or loosing. It’s about their circumstances and ideologies. Take My Hero Acadamia’s Stain for example:

He lost the fight but his ideology on heroes and his hatred of them started a movement among other villains. Just because they loose doesn’t mean they don’t change the world.

Madara/Obito they lost bit did they really? Despite all the death and destruction the ninja world manage to obtain a far greater unity thanks to the whole terrible ordeal. It even spawned a new era.

Sometimes things need to be destroyed so that something new can be born.

Dannie

/
Immortal
Kin
1,640💸
Kumi
35💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think it's more to do with preferences in certain characters, their design, their backstory, their weight in the story, their abilities, etc. If people are just rooting for characters because they will win in the end then I think they are looking at it the wrong way. I mean sure, you can root for the good guy, but there has to be more than just rooting for them because he will win.

Only reason why I usually root for some villains is because most of the time they have better techniques, they are more interesting to watch, their character designs are more appealing(subjective), and they bring conflict to the series.

Most of the Akatsuki were immortal or had some OP ability. Madara, Sasuke(when he was an antagonist) and Obito both had their own ideals and they brought Shippuden to it's peak because they went against what the good guys believed.

It's not really rooting for a character because of the outcome or the victory, more so because you like said characters, which is why Madara has such a huge fanbase.