Romy9

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey guys. I've once again gotten lost in thoughts during my meditation and decided to discuss something that's been hopping in and out of my head, probably because it's interesting. I'm always seeing shitty threads about who's better between our two main characters, whose this is better than that and whose procreation tool is larger than the other. The majority of people are missing some perfection that Kishimoto made in correlation to one another. I'll begin the clarification and if you don't agree with me, I won't give a damn but you're still welcome to share your opinion as I am quite interested in one.

Last week I made a thread about the paradox of Naruto's hard work. We discussed about his character development and how he progressed throughout the story. The influences he had from the outside world and how they put an impact to the figure he became later on. I mentioned Sasuke in that description but I didn't focus enough on it because it was a generalization about Naruto's growth. The truth is, Sasuke is one of the main drives Naruto can be thankful for his growth, and of course, vice versa. Sasuke wouldn't become an honorable man if he didn't have Naruto who could influence his vision/perception about the world in general.

The first great thing that sealed the connection they have today is the polar opposition between them. Naruto was a nobody and Sasuke was a Genius. They both lacked certain characteristics that would hinder their growth as shinobis. Naruto was lacking, along the highly important self-esteem which I covered in the other thread, motivation to become more able, to excel. Sasuke was lacking humility and the empathy needed to progress in ability. One had what the other didn't and they constantly watched each other, specially during battles. Gradually, their growth was progressing because they, in some ways, gave upbringing to each other. It's actually a wonderful thing when you look at it from a non-conventional way, they helped each other build the missing characteristic in their persona by interacting with one another. Of course, that all wouldn't be possible if there wasn't a major part that was the most important thing - they both knew the pain of suffering of losing a loved one, or not having anyone at all.

This is the most interesting part because, as I understood it, when it comes to pain and suffering, Genius, talent or no talent, ability, nothing is relevant. When you know how someone feels, you instantly project similar behavioral patterns and the motivation to rise above it. That's what Naruto and Sasuke both had. When they finished progressing in their missing characteristcs as I mentioned earlier, the maturity kicked in, which is why they both understood each other even more. This is why Sasuke didn't, essentially, touch Naruto after their first encounter after 3 years, as well as why Naruto begged Raikage not to kill him. Why they needed so much time to come to the same terms? The difficulty of the characteristic they possessed.

Naruto had incredible selflessness and Sasuke's arrogance and pride blinded him from the truth. Those characteristics were so hard-carved into their being that the only way to make them find the same point of view was to beat each other until they do - which is what they really did. What characteristic that they both possessed helped them reach the friendship they have today? Perseverance. Both of them were persistent enough to face each other alone, through fists and ideals. They didn't let anyone interfere and they settled it like men. And like real men, their growth reached a peak of honor when their blood synced in the pile of dirt (forgive me for little metaphor).

Why Hashirama and Madara aren't the same? Simple. They weren't opposites. Both were Geniuses from the start and they didn't suffer the same degree of emotional trauma. Also, since they were always in war, the chances of various situational upbringing which could impact in the most important ways, were miniscule, to say the least.

I think that's enough. I probably wanted to say more, no, I'm pretty sure I didn't say everything I wanted to say, but yeah, help me with it. Share your thoughts. Thanks.

Last edited:

lndra

Supreme
Kin
15💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*Looks at thread*

*Read the comments*

> Too long
> Nice post (Lml we know you didn't read that shit)

XD

---

Anyway, I agree for the most part. Especially when it came to their overall friendship. The part that got me the most was the Madara and Hashirama bit, you could say they understood each other better because they were similar. Both being from two powerful clan's, both looking for a way to escape the life of shinobi. Plus like you added, both were incredibly gifted.

Your Creepy Stalker

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
They are perfect rivals because magical space aliens overrode their free will so they could constantly recreate their thousand year old grudge about who could get to be the leader of a cult that neither of them wanted.

Romy9

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
*Looks at thread*

*Read the comments*

> Too long
> Nice post (Lml we know you didn't read that shit)

XD

---

Anyway, I agree for the most part. Especially when it came to their overall friendship. The part that got me the most was the Madara and Hashirama bit, you could say they understood each other better because they were similar. Both being from two powerful clan's, both looking for a way to escape the life of shinobi. Plus like you added, both were incredibly gifted.
Thanks for the reasonable reply. I gotta say, I expected more dignified replies, but it seems, "MY FAV BEATS YOURS" is the only thing that cuts it. Man, this forum is f*cked. Oh well, can't blame me for trying.

Ripple Hole

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Poo thoughts, understanding someone's perspective by getting your ass kicked
is simply shit. You'd think they'd understand each other's perspectives better when
they locked fists/justu together and could see the thoughts of each other, not by one
of them winning by pure force.

Romy9

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Poo thoughts, understanding someone's perspective by getting your ass kicked
is simply shit. You'd think they'd understand each other's perspectives better when
they locked fists/justu together and could see the thoughts of each other, not by one
of them winning by pure force.
Thanks for your input. Why do you think that getting your ass kicked is a bad thing? Many people learn about their mistakes through the feeling of losing or shame. There's no progress without failing. That theory is applicable in real life.

Ripple Hole

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thanks for your input. Why do you think that getting your ass kicked is a bad thing? Many people learn about their mistakes through the feeling of losing or shame. There's no progress without failing. That theory is applicable in real life.
I simply don't like characters changing their characteristics and dropping entire goals, because of a loss.
Sasuke had changed entirely, compared to him at Vote 2. He first wanted to get rid of the Kages, but he became one of their most devoted supporters, that spent years away from his family to protect their best interests. The only bit of him that hadn't changed was him being a lone wolf, though he still was lone wolfing as a contribution to a team effort.

Simply put, I think them reading each other minds would be the best thing possible for them understanding each other(biased), but I can't deny Sasuke's 360 ° made a shred of a sense.
As Naruto and Sasuke both defeated two villains who forcibly used the Bijuu instead of cooperated, with Sasuke getting the same treatment of losing to someone who cooperated with the bijuus, while he forced them. That's definitely proof of something.

Last edited:

Romy9

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I simply don't like characters changing their characteristics and dropping entire goals, because of a loss.
Sasuke had changed entirely, compared to him at Vote 2. He first wanted to get rid of the Kages, but he became one of their most devoted supporters, that spent years away from his family to protect their best interests. The only bit of him that hadn't changed was him being a lone wolf, though he still was lone wolfing as a contribution to a team effort.

Simply put, I think them reading each other minds would be the best thing possible for them understanding each other(biased), but I can't deny Sasuke's 360 ° made a shred of a sense.
As Naruto and Sasuke both defeated two villains who forcibly used the Bijuu instead of cooperated, with Sasuke getting the same treatment of losing to someone who cooperated with the bijuus, while he forced them. That's definitely proof of something.
Maturity is a an interesting thing. You can't expect from a person to have the same goals after years of experiencing life in general. Getting rid of the Kages was a trivial thing next to his ultimate decision. They were remnants of the past he wanted to erase, nothing more. He's not a devoted supporter, but an accomplice to Naruto's vision, an accomplice without whom Naruto couldn't succeed.

But it wasn't a 360* decision when you look at it closely. Both had the ideals of achieving peace. The means to achieve that peace was the cause of fighting. Sasuke was simply convinced that Naruto's way will succeed. This is why Naruto calls Sasuke the other Hokage.