Why is Itachi so overpowered by people...

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Despite the fact that Minato too was heralded as a genius — a rare genius that appeared only once in a generation? So we have two geniuses, and two plans. One succeeded and one failed. In what way you can now prove Itachi is smarter, I do not know.

@Helikido, actually, this member is worth my time, unlike you :\
Shikimaru failed in the chunnin exam. And he did well enough to pass. Lee failed to beat Gaara but it was still an amazing feat and he would have been promoted. There's a difference between succeeding in an easy plan, and failing at a nearly impossible plan. There were 0 variables in minato's plan while itachi's plan was nearly entirely variables.

Ngylle

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Minato has the greatest feats of smarteness in the manga.

Figure Tobi's obvius abilities and the guy was strong. (ask torune and fu they did the same)
He gamble that by putting a weapon of mass destruction, the child will woop the bad guy ass. and for a unknown reason rather that he knows that naruto is the main character, tobi never came back after minato's death..

What a plot hole!.. you have to be a int 6 to plan all that.

OOOOOO

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He is OP. But..

He killed them at there weakest time, SLEEP! Caught them by surprise, while him and Tobi slaughtered them silently (i would assume).

His mom and dad didnt even fight back, his dad being the leader of them all.

Now those are the facts about what happened. Next we have:

He didnt have mastery over his new MS abilitys, so no perfect susanoo! (plus susasoon is to big to not cause a rucuss in the village.)
He didnt have the legendary weapons.
He didnt use Ameratsu, otherwise the village would of been burnt or showed signs of the black flames being there)
He cannot one shot tsukyomi every uchiha, anyone who says or thinks tht are retarded! just using 1 and 2 caused problems for him.
He knew everybodys strenghts and weakness. So he knew what to expect.

He is indeed smart, but others are smart aswell or just as smart. The only ppl who thinks he is the smartest are uchiha fanbois.

He can beat minato tho. Overall only blind fanbois overrate him, but he isn't weak. He is one of the best shown so far for sure.
I applaud you sir! :scorps:

datbasianboy

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
with the logic of itachi fanboys he can defeat anyone in the manga, you cant say one for one character (Minato) but dont say why it wouldnt work on another character (madara) (hashi) other than (hype), but itachi fanboys claim feat>hype they even go as far as to disregard the manga entirly stating things like itach would beat naruto cuz hes weak at gen justu.. really????? last time i check if your a perfect jinchurikki gen justu is useless but somehome Tsukuyomi by passes all the laws of the narutoverse, and yet it has not killed anybody in the manga, but yet again the fanboys claim feats>hype yea this is truly a joke, n its not all itachi fans just most that wish he was there daddy, itachi was y fav character until i joined this site

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Minato has the greatest feats of smarteness in the manga.

Figure Tobi's obvius abilities and the guy was strong. (ask torune and fu they did the same)
He gamble that by putting a weapon of mass destruction, the child will woop the bad guy ass. and for a unknown reason rather that he knows that naruto is the main character, tobi never came back after minato's death..

What a plot hole!.. you have to be a int 6 to plan all that.
Wait what... plan all what? figuring out tobi was not a plan. And putting the kyuubi in naruto was a gamble with as good of a chance as me winning at craps. Plot saved naruto for 13 years, kakashi took over for one, and jiriaya took it from there for 3 more until plot could once again save naruto from tobi.

Helikido

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Despite the fact that Minato too was heralded as a genius — a rare genius that appeared only once in a generation? So we have two geniuses, and two plans. One succeeded and one failed. In what way you can now prove Itachi is smarter, I do not know.

@Helikido, actually, this member is worth my time, unlike you :\
173 posts and you say that. :|

I have already stated my reason why you have ignored me. If you acknowledge me it will only invalidate your reason.

All I'm going to say to you for the last time is... in a 1v1 fight no one is better than Itachi when it purely comes down to the level of intelligence...:sy:

Enton

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Shikimaru failed in the chunnin exam. And he did well enough to pass. Lee failed to beat Gaara but it was still an amazing feat and he would have been promoted. There's a difference between succeeding in an easy plan, and failing at a nearly impossible plan. There were 0 variables in minato's plan while itachi's plan was nearly entirely variables.
Minato had to know whether or not Naruto was the child of the prophecy. That's a big reason as to why he went through with it; he believed Naruto would be the one save the world. Was this not a variable? Minato could've allowed Kushina to take the Kyuubi to her death, allowing it to respawn at a later date. He could remain alive and the village could keep its strongest ninja. But perhaps Konoha may not regain control of the Kyuubi. Other countries could become stronger. This is a political matter for Konoha? Was this not a variable? Tobi, who was he? Was his threat serious? Was this not a variable? Minato had to think about what was best long term for the village. Could it be beneficial for the Hokage to die after the loss of many ninja? Was this too, not a variable?

Minutes.

Helikido

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Minato had to know whether or not Naruto was the child of the prophecy. That's a big reason as to why he went through with it; he believed Naruto would be the one save the world. Was this not a variable? Minato could've allowed Kushina to take the Kyuubi to her death, allowing it to respawn at a later date. He could remain alive and the village could keep its strongest ninja. But perhaps Konoha may not regain control of the Kyuubi. Other countries could become stronger. This is a political matter for Konoha? Was this not a variable? Tobi, who was he? Was his threat serious? Was this not a variable? Minato had to think about what was best long term for the village. Could it be beneficial for the Hokage to die after the loss of many ninja? Was this too, not a variable?

Minutes.
Plot still saved Naruto. another invalid argument.

datbasianboy

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the biggest plot hole is Minato dying because the things that transpire after his death would have NEVER happen so stop using plotholes as an excuse kishi wrote the manga deal with it he knows what he is doing itachi fanboys

OOOOOO

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Absoulutely right. If Hashirama gets close to Itachi and if he's looking into his eyes, he's as good as dead.
He survived a fight against Madara with EMS. Of course it is possible that Itachi would beat Hashirama, but I think it's not very realistic. I like Itachi more than Hachi, but I have to admit that he could block amaterasu with mokuton and avoid direct eye contact. I think it would be like when Naruto defeated Pain. Possible but with a lot of help by Kishi.

Kinimaster

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've already responded to something along these lines, no?
I dont know what you mean i just answered one of your posts(because i found it was an horrible analogy) and to the thread creator.

Anyways in a simple response, its Kishimoto's fault, Itachi abbilities, mechanics, feats, description of MS techniques(Items and Tsuku), are just plain stupid and overpowered as i said. There was no need to give him a Genjutsu thats only countered by Uchiha.

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Minutes.
Yes those are variables, but i'm saying i don't think there were many variables after the event. Itachi put his plan into place (the plan revolving around sasuke is the one i'm referring to) and then left, only to hope that his messages and words would sink in in the right was as to push him to seek itachi out and kill him, so he could return as the hero who revived his clan. The only reason it didn't succeed was because tobi came along and spurred on sasuke's lost hatred which was lost after itachi was finally killed.

With minato, he sealed the kyuubi into naruto and, like itachi, "left" so to speak hoping that naruto would grow to love the village and protect it and want to become strong. In the end isn't that what every ninja has to go through though? Perhaps naruto would end up like gaara, and his loneliness would consume him. That was a gamble, a very risky gamble that i'm impressed minato made. I give him credit for that. BUT plot is the only thing that kept naruto's story from being shifted by tobi like sasuke's was. He could have came back 2 days later and stolen naruto in the night and kept him alive until he could absorb the kyuubi from him without destroying the gedo mazo. Why didn't he...? Idk. Plot? Probably.

What i'm trying to say is that minato didn't exactly have a plan he needed to think about long term. Give naruto the kyuubi so he could beat tobi, check. He didn't need to manipulate his future to give him a certain goal to fulfill that would in turn fulfill yet another goal which would bring together the whole master plan. He just gave a ninja a weapon and told him "use it." That's what Asuma did for shikimaru, and later choji. That's what tsunade did for sakura and what chiyo did for sasori. I just wouldn't call that a plan. But we can agree to disagree.

Helikido

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Your arguments are pathetic to say the least.
Are they? Please provide valid and logical comebacks. Sir.

Tell me would someone fully capable of stealing a small child who lives by himself in a small dorm would not just finish the job other than plot no jutsu?

The Necromancer

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
PLOT? PLOT IS THE WHOLE ****ING MANGA. ALL OF ITACHI'S POWERS ARE PLOT, ALL OF ITACHI'S PLANS ARE PLOT. What the hell is your point?
The whole manga is a plot. But sasuke being deidara, and naruto not being taken in the entire 13 years he was alive, and sasori fighting the ONLY 2 people he could not beat is plot negating the skills of a person to even the field.

Blaze Release

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not sure how this turned into such a thread but ill respond before i log off.
Itachi's and minato's plan are both a gamble and nothing more, if you know the definition of a gamble you'd note that, that is exactly what both did. The major difference is that minato's gamble is paying off whilst itachi's isnt. Intelligence can never be based on a gamble, but even that minato had clear advantages.

Firstly his plan was based on a gamble that jiraiya introduced to him;
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

The whole of minato's plan had a foundation even if its a gamble still a foundation that he based his gamble on (plan). If jiraiya had never spoken to minato about the whole destined child story, do you really think minato wouldve done what he did and sealed it in naruto?. I do however give him acknowledgement in the sense that although it was gamble in sealing the fox in his son (because naruto couldve easily turned out like gaara part 1 or worse), his gamble was accurate, naruto is indeed the destined child.

Secondly minato died in his mid 20's, thats when he formulated the plan. Itachi's plan wasnt really was more forced on him by danzo, but nevertheless he was 13 when he formulated this plan. Both might be a geniuses, but you cannot surely compare a genius who is in their mid 20's to a genius who was 13. Although a genius, itachi was still a naive kid. The two plans apart from it basically being a gamble there is also a sense of maturity in their decision. Asuma for example who has never been noted to be a genius wouldve come up with a better plan than 13 year old itachi if he was in his position. Its more to do with life experience rather than actual genius. Itachi at 21 has realised what he did and thast the whole point, he has matured

Last edited:

Enton

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes those are variables, but i'm saying i don't think there were many variables after the event. Itachi put his plan into place (the plan revolving around sasuke is the one i'm referring to) and then left, only to hope that his messages and words would sink in in the right was as to push him to seek itachi out and kill him, so he could return as the hero who revived his clan. The only reason it didn't succeed was because tobi came along and spurred on sasuke's lost hatred which was lost after itachi was finally killed.

With minato, he sealed the kyuubi into naruto and, like itachi, "left" so to speak hoping that naruto would grow to love the village and protect it and want to become strong. In the end isn't that what every ninja has to go through though? Perhaps naruto would end up like gaara, and his loneliness would consume him. That was a gamble, a very risky gamble that i'm impressed minato made. I give him credit for that. BUT plot is the only thing that kept naruto's story from being shifted by tobi like sasuke's was. He could have came back 2 days later and stolen naruto in the night and kept him alive until he could absorb the kyuubi from him without destroying the gedo mazo. Why didn't he...? Idk. Plot? Probably.

What i'm trying to say is that minato didn't exactly have a plan he needed to think about long term. Give naruto the kyuubi so he could beat tobi, check. He didn't need to manipulate his future to give him a certain goal to fulfill that would in turn fulfill yet another goal which would bring together the whole master plan. He just gave a ninja a weapon and told him "use it." That's what Asuma did for shikimaru, and later choji. That's what tsunade did for sakura and what chiyo did for sasori. I just wouldn't call that a plan. But we can agree to disagree.
Well no, because I think a major misconception is that Minato only had to think about Naruto. He had to think about a major threat in Tobi, and importantly, the well being and political/military power of Konoha. You're overlooking these things.

Sonin

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Minato sealed his chakra inside of naruto to someday seal the 9 tails, to tell naruto to never give up, to give naruto the reassurance he needed.. Pretty much what itachi did. Itachi and Minato are about par. It is unfair as we have seen soo little of minato. Itachi's long term plan was absolutely great but minato's was not bad. Let us look at his abilities he made himself. The S/T nin with a formula.. He figured out how to manipulate time and space using a formula. He made a bijuu dama with his hands by rotating chakra.. He is a great ninja whom we have not seen enough of but kishi made it evident he was an amazing shinobi. As he did itachi. Let us get over the fact that there is no decided better. Par and that is all.