[Theory] Why I believe Tobi could be Madara.

Kerrah

Legendary
Kin
258💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Before I get started, I would just like to say. most, if not all, of this entire theory was built upon what I saw from the threads here, so credit goes out to all of you who contributed to other threads that helped my understanding of the situation develop further.

Ok, now let's begin:

What do we already know about Madara?
- He was the leader of the Uchiha Clan.
- He possessed the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan.
- He controlled the Kyuubi.
- He fought the first Hokage.
- He gave Nagato the Rinnegan.

Now, what do we now about Tobi?
- He was the mastermind behind the Kyuubi attack on Konoha.
- He helped out Itachi in the Uchiha Clan massacre.
- The real leader of the Akatsuki.

Ok, so you may wonder: What the hell are you on about, They're two completely different people.

However... I DISAGREE! :p

Yes, together they make the exact same person, I'll give you that. But they were most likely split in two. Just like Orochimaru, or Mu to show a much clearer example. You can clearly see in the 558 Chapter on page 3 that Mu split himself in two to avoid the attack, therefore the second Mu gained it's own consciousness. You can see them talking to each other In the 558 Chapter on Page 5.What you can also see here, is Kabuto speaking to himself about the process of Mu's splitting technique. Then he talks about summoning ''That''. Now what could this mean? Mu was used to summon the 3rd Raikage, 2nd Mizukage and 4th Kazekage, since he is now in a weakened state, Kabuto believes that he has no longer the power to summon Madara Uchiha.

By Madara Uchiha, I mean the old Madara Uchiha, the one that fought the First Hokage. Edo Tensei is supposed to bring back the dead person, not as a baby, not in their old age, but as they were when they died. Madara Uchiha clearly looks like he was when he fought the First Hokage. So what happened then? Madara split himself into two. Just like Mu.

When he was close to death with his battle against the First Hokage. Madara must have split himself into two, one that took the persona of Tobi, while the other was thought to have died in the battle. Since the power was halved, Tobi must have been hurt. And that is why he exaggerates his survival in the battle.

Obviously, since Tobi and Madara have two sets of minds on their own, they still want to be reunited as one. How could they do that? Nagato Sometime during Nagato's early years, If Madara (not Tobi) hadn't died in the battle, he must have visited or at least known about Nagato or his powers, in order for him to give Nagato the Rinnegan. Now shortly after the battle the original Madara died, However he believed that Nagato would bring him back with the Jutsu he used to bring back the people of Konoha, Rinne Tensei Which, for sure, was his first thought the minute he stepped out of the coffin. In the latest Chapter on the 2nd Page ''It would appear that little brat Nagato managed to grow...'' Again, look at the word little and the word grow, this points to further proof that Madara knew Nagato when he was young. And believed all the way from then that when he was supposed to be brought back alive, it would be from Nagato. Even further proof is when Tobi (not Madara) has found out about Nagato using his Rinne Tensei on Konoha rather than on Madara, he says In the 453 Chapter on the 17th Page. ''...No... I can't believe Nagato used his Rinne Tensei like that. It's supposed to be for me... What a betrayal...''
Now why would he say this? he's alive and kicking, right? Well clearly no. Since Rinne Tensei brings the dead back to life, and if Tobi wants to be back to life, there is really one option right? Tobi wants to be reconnected with his other half, or, to go in detail: Madara wants to be at his peak again
Now look at the way that sentence is written, many uses of ellipsis for long pause. And the words I can't believe and What a betrayal These develop an even further understanding of the relationship either between the past Madara Uchiha with an early Nagato, or Tobi himself as part of the Akatsuki.Look at the word ''Cautious'' Kishimoto did not use this for no reason, every little detail mean something. The definition of the word Cautious is: Attentive to potential problems or dangers. He is tired of waiting around of what could happen, if Tobi could not get Madara back through Nagato's Rinnegan, what does he do? He takes it for himself. And he plans on Bringing the body back himself and reconnecting both Madara and Tobi to make the ultimate uchiha come back. Which is why he was so afraid of Kabuto when he revealed the body of Madara in the 10th Coffin. Tobi wants to be the one to bring him back in private, so no one knows that he is in a weakened state or the fact that they might question his existence as Madara Uchiha?

Now that everything is out in the open, what will happen next? We can only wait...

Reactions: Narutobi Sensei

Kerrah

Legendary
Kin
258💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks, much appreciated !

It was actually much longer, I was talking about when Madara met Kisame while controlling Yagura, and when Tobi revealed himself to Kisame. While on the other hand how Kyuubi could recognize both Tobi and Madara, but I realized I was blabbing on so much not even I could understand myself...

Kerrah

Legendary
Kin
258💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Yeah, considering Madara could have been in a very weakened state at the time of the splitting, he needed a vessel of some sort, and that's where Zetzu comes for help. I swear they're both so equally mysterious.

Kerrah

Legendary
Kin
258💸
Kumi
36💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Thanks a lot guys :) Really means a lot.

Yeah, I guess it has some holes that could be filled, such as Zetzu, I did believe before it was probably Obito being possessed by Madara's soul, however it did not make sense due to the shape of the body from the time of the Nine tails attacks.

Thanks a lot for reading it :)

So guys who do you think Tobi is then? :)

Last edited by a moderator: