[Discussion] Why does one piece feel so short?

Hashirama Senjuu

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Idk if it's just me but the first 200 chapters of Naruto felt longer than over 800 of one piece, I don't get it? Hell one pieces chapters are longer on average too and it still feels shorter. Bleach even seemed longer than this, is it bad writing or what? I just don't get it, in terms on pages and chapters it's far longer than Naruto and bleach but it feels like only a quarter as long as naruto.

Bimbonium

Elite
Kin
7💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You should probably try explaining yourself better, I can't really pinpoint what you mean by feeling short.
Is it the in-story time? Or story progression?

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are you kidding me ? A quarter of Naruto ?

Do you know why Naruto feels long ? Because you've spend 10 years chasing Sasuke while the rest of the world did nothing.

So the correct answer is because time flies when you're having fun/

Hashirama Senjuu

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are you kidding me ? A quarter of Naruto ?

Do you know why Naruto feels long ? Because you've spend 10 years chasing Sasuke while the rest of the world did nothing.

So the correct answer is because time flies when you're having fun/
If you say so, there's no fan base bigger than Naruto so you can't really argue one piece is better. Bleach is my favorite than one piece but it still feels absurdly short. It's been going on how long? Yet it feels like nothing has happened. Naruto isn't literally longer but it felt years and years longer, like soooo much more happened

Bimbonium

Elite
Kin
7💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
If you say so, there's no fan base bigger than Naruto so you can't really argue one piece is better. Bleach is my favorite than one piece but it still feels absurdly short. It's been going on how long? Yet it feels like nothing has happened. Naruto isn't literally longer but it felt years and years longer, like soooo much more happened
I'm normally smarter than arguing about someone else's feelings, but whatevs
Oh, so that's what you mean.

Well the key word here is feel

You can feel whatever you want, doesn't change the facts.

Last edited:

WoldOfFingo

Regular
Kin
8💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm sure its just you
Infact there is so much happening and going on in One Piece world you'd almost have to make an index just so u won't forget events/characters unfolding/excisting

Nothing happening.. sure

Last edited:

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, You've bait me into posting once, but this is too much.

Nice troll post it has been fun. Not feeding it anymore.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's how you know that onepiece is better storyline. You're yearning for more so the chapters seem short and have a lot more room to expand upon in your imagination. Naruto did not, just look at its versus section.

Hashirama Senjuu

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's how you know that onepiece is better storyline. You're yearning for more so the chapters seem short and have a lot more room to expand upon in your imagination. Naruto did not, just look at its versus section.
We saw almost every fight in Naruto. Yet the only fights we get to see in one piece has to involve the mc and his crew. The only fight in the op manga we saw that wasnt the straw hat crew was bb and ace. Any other fight we've actually seen involved the strawhatz in one way or another. Hell we didn't even get to see bb vs revolutionary army or bb running from the cipher pol.

Hashirama Senjuu

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm sure its just you
Infact there is so much happening and going on in One Piece world you'd almost have to make an index just so u won't forget events/characters unfolding/excisting

Nothing happening.. sure
So we won't forget events that we never seen? Half of one piece is nothing but stories of things that have happened that we never get to see in the manga.

Rikudou Tobi

Legendary
Kin
543💸
Kumi
618💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We saw almost every fight in Naruto. Yet the only fights we get to see in one piece has to involve the mc and his crew. The only fight in the op manga we saw that wasnt the straw hat crew was bb and ace. Any other fight we've actually seen involved the strawhatz in one way or another. Hell we didn't even get to see bb vs revolutionary army or bb running from the cipher pol.
We saw a lot in naruto for sure, but their has been major fights that were cut off scene and the naruto series paid attention to the most trivial ones. But look at onepiece.

It prevents senseless power gauging (excluding a few members) from character to character, situational battles and certain match ups that can alter situations. But most importantly it keeps you guessing while grabbing your attention. That's why the Onepiece still interest you. Plus the stories just keeps on expanding with every person they meet while connecting the very same person to a certain event 500 chapters ago.

You don't get abc logic, retcon, and dumb tier list as often in Onepiece as you do in Naruto because it's constantly expanding.

Hashirama Senjuu

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
We saw a lot in naruto for sure, but their has been major fights that were cut off scene and the naruto series paid attention to the most trivial ones. But look at onepiece.

It prevents senseless power gauging (excluding a few members) from character to character, situational battles and certain match ups that can alter situations. But most importantly it keeps you guessing while grabbing your attention. That's why the Onepiece still interest you. Plus the stories just keeps on expanding with every person they meet while connecting the very same person to a certain event 500 chapters ago.

You don't get abc logic, retcon, and dumb tier list as often in Onepiece as you do in Naruto because it's constantly expanding.
Ah thanks for bringing that up. I do love the power scaling
ex: oda said age and sickness didn't effect whitebeards strength but his heart attacks weakened him, and with that being said there still has not been one character to show an attack as strong as white beards

Love Cook

Elite
Kin
707💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What troll you imbecile, how is anyone trolling? I said onepiece feels short and you're gonna cry like a little ***** and yell troll?
You're either a troll or you are oblivious and badly informed. You pick which one suits you better.

The thing that made my troll alarm tingle is when you said "There is no bigger fan base than the Naruto fan base". I don't know in what alternate universe you picked up that rumor but maybe your worldview is shifted because this is Narutobase.

Then you went to compare the length of One Piece next to Bleach out of all manga. Great manga, great story. But if there is one manga that is filled with a lot of enormous panels, white space and little to no text it is Bleach.

And yet you still go on about how a 20 year old weekly manga feels short to you.

Trust me Mt. Troll. It's not us it's you that has the problem.

Hashirama Senjuu

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're either a troll or you are oblivious and badly informed. You pick which one suits you better.

The thing that made my troll alarm tingle is when you said "There is no bigger fan base than the Naruto fan base". I don't know in what alternate universe you picked up that rumor but maybe your worldview is shifted because this is Narutobase.

Then you went to compare the length of One Piece next to Bleach out of all manga. Great manga, great story. But if there is one manga that is filled with a lot of enormous panels, white space and little to no text it is Bleach.

And yet you still go on about how a 20 year old weekly manga feels short to you.

Trust me Mt. Troll. It's not us it's you that has the problem.
No you all have problem cause of my opinion. It's my opinion that bleach feels longer than one piece just like it's my opinion that one piece feels short. Everyone being rustled by my opinion are crying like little *****es just as you too are now.

I've got no problem, this is my post and you're the one commenting on it so you must be the one with the problem. Cry baby

Last edited:

babaGAReeb

Regular
Kin
553💸
Kumi
174💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
because barely anything in it
this

oda is just a bad writer, if he actually made a plot instead of putting useless filler in the story wouldve been over half a decade ago
hes just a lazy hack constantly pretending to be sick who knows he has dumb fanboys who will eat any shit he serves them and he only cares about money

Reactions: Genocide