Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's not because it's useful or something like that
You don't need to know the chart of 1/x² to have a better daily life.
Also, a lot of things school teach us is wrong. For instance, division by zero is possible.

It's a hidden form of competition. Those who care get good grades and good grades will take you to a nice college. If you get bad grades, you obviously won't be able to join Harvard's Club, so you would earn minimum wage at Mac Donald's instead of getting a nice 200 thousand dollars a year with your nice job.
But keep ignorant, do not care about school, so when smart people like me grow up we'll be able to rub our cocks in your face saying "Hey you piece of shit, remember when I studied the whole night while when you were talking about swag? Now you work at Starbucks Cofee and I own a nice car, house, investments and I'm married to a hot wife."

Last edited:

7PointOh

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Knowledge enhances wisdom leading a path away from ignorance. So what do you plan on doing in the future that doesn't involve science or history?

EnDash

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
schools are doing a horrible job at teaching you why you need to learn all those stuff. but until they learn to do it i'm afraid you will have to trust them on this.

you need to learn basic science and you need to know history, because it helps your brain think better and make better decisions. everything you learn is going to be useful at some point in your life and not just because someone will require it for a job. people who failed at life are often those that didn't know how to exploit life. math and history and all the rest gives you the tools to do it.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Let me tell you why. So that you don't become a superstitious and ignorant adult who is a dead weight for humanity. Science is taught so that you don't fall prey to superstitions and so that you know why stuff is the way it is. Schools and your parents put you in school so that you don't grow old thinking that the Sun revolves around the Earth or that the Earth is a flat plate on the back of a galactic tortoise. "Science is more than a body of knowledge, it's a way of thinking. A way of sceptically interrogating the Universe." - Carl Sagan. You need to know science so that you become an asset to the human race. That's why schools teach science. To inform you about the truth.
As for history, a person interested in history can explain better than I can. But I think that it is important to know what happened in the past so decisions for the present can be taken without repeating our mistakes. The study about the past tells us about the evolution of human ideas, social systems and political ideologies. I think that's important. If you don't like them, then I guess you'll have to
You must be registered for see images

Wabbit

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You need science to understand the world. If you dont want understand the world around and want stay as dum ingnorant then your a waste to be born a human.Wherever you were born you are part of some society and it intends you to follow the rules of that society and wants you to contribute it and thats why they teach history about you your place country etc. Ever wonder why the only positive things about your leaders are in book?
Whatever such things are important and something that everybody should know about..

Turson

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know that, But the thing is IDGAF about what happened in the past or how shit works, as long as it works I don't care.
Thats becuase you are ingnorant, and considering how ridiculous this question is, not so smart. That doeant mean our societies have to create generation of dummies. How there would be any scientis or historians if they didnt get interested in those subjects at school? We need more of them, not less.

Science is pretty useful. History on the other hand is useless as hell U_U
BS. By knowledge about our ancestors and their mistakes we can prevent making same mistakes in the future.

Last edited: