[Discussion] Why do schools teach Science/History

Primo

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've always wondered Why The **** do I need to learn Science and History...
I'm Not becoming a scientist nor am I becoming a geologist/Historian/Museum tour guide I don't understand how anything i learn from these subjects will EVER even REMOTELY help me in the future.

HENI

Legendary
Kin
24💸
Kumi
16💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
How did you get that hidden wave thing above your avatar?

OT - It's to let us know what happened in the past and how processes work in society and in life itself

Reactions: Snape Uchiha

Snape Uchiha

Veteran
Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You can't really go through life ignorant of history, and you need science for so many careers. Even if you don't pursue a career in science, you need at least a basic understanding to how this world works.

NarutoB

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
All the people defending Science and History aren't realizing most people don't use that shit.

General social skills is more important than any school subject, and I can tell you right now that's what most people this day and age are lacking.

Donald J Trump

Elite
Kin
912💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This People is the reason why our community is DOOMED!

You can't stop previous historical mistakes from reoccurring unless you understand and know what happened in the past!
History Is the way we keep our cultures,The way we are remembered! It is also a way to get AMAZING ideas from.

Science

Even though a lot of things schools these days teach are just false(on purpose) Science CAN help you understand problems and let you improve the way you live!

If you understand how things work, you can live really comfortably for a cheap price, (just quick example, If you can study computer science, you can build Pc rather than BUY, it is a lot cheaper!)

Last edited:

Sominus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You can't really go through life ignorant of history, and you need science for so many careers. Even if you don't pursue a career in science, you need at least a basic understanding to how this world works.
^this

All the people defending Science and History aren't realizing most people don't use that shit.

General social skills is more important than any school subject, and I can tell you right now that's what most people this day and age are lacking.
Agreed on bold part.

Aomine Daiki

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So young and ignorant =/

So that you can now how shit was and how shit works
true.

you will know why when you grow older dude.

How did you get that hidden wave thing above your avatar?

OT - It's to let us know what happened in the past and how processes work in society and in life itself
Its an RP thing. you have to join a village and RP to get one of those. if you have any more questions feel free to VM me and il answer them for you bro!

Kurama999

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The Power of Knowledge.
History is about the past with good & bad happening, and not to repeat the 'bad' again.
Science is Fact and Solution, else you die - no cure.
Even you do not like, just a bit of this knowledge will do.
We do always encounter these things, that is not obvious to us.
What about physic.....

Prime Rib

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've always wondered Why The **** do I need to learn Science and History...
I'm Not becoming a scientist nor am I becoming a geologist/Historian/Museum tour guide I don't understand how anything i learn from these subjects will EVER even REMOTELY help me in the future.
the real truth is america and other countries want you to follow there religion.

-PK-

Veteran
Kin
797💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
History helps you in not making the same mistake your predecessors made.
You need Science to know the basic understanding of the world.
These subjects should be made optional in higher class though. Putting them in younger classe's syllabus is understandable since some might find it interesting but some won't but by higher classes, i think everyone has an idea of they wanna become.

vasu 32

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They teach every subject to every children(who go to school) till 14 years,8th grade in my country. The reason being all round development of our mind so that when/if in life a difficult situation arise we can make smart and correct decisions. Though I to hate those exams,where you need to learn and write,but then again we wouldn't even study them if not for exams.

Every subject till a particular level is important so as to allow you to make a better decision,and know how this world functions. Science tells us the principals that govern this world while history,civics.geography tells us how us humans govern ourself and our planet while subjects like literature tells us the philosophy and ideology this world works,it gives us the insight of human nature and mathematics is a tool which help us everywhere.

Hunty

Veteran
Kin
907💸
Kumi
2,293💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Schools teach science and history to inform you and make your mind run.

Did you know school actually teaches you math for problem solving reasons, not the actual mathematics.

Srom777

Regular
Kin
4💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think it's because to know about the history of the United States. I love history. Science on the other hand isn't too bad really it just explains the natural order of things and how they work in the universe. Both subjects I like.