Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

If you honestly are offended by the joke, you represent the new era of the offended. People don't understand how good of a joke this was because they can't understand context.

Young Vongola

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That joke is just disgusting, doesn't really matter what the context was lol

edit: wait nevermind...I didn't even read the full article, I guess that makes sense...but they could have thought of something else

Multiply

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
People being offended by a joke where the subject is sexually assaulted and is also currently a minor? How dare they
The context of the joke was to be offensive. The character in the show made an offensive tweet that she got in trouble for. The second character asks her what the joke was, and she proceeds to tell us the joke about Blue Ivy when she's older getting peed on by R Kelly. The point of the joke was to rustle jimmies in the show. The fact that people in real life had their jimmies rustled by an offensive tweet in a tv show, I don't know, you tell me.

-Punk-

Supreme
Kin
116💸
Kumi
265💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Amy Poler is not funny tho, she relies on stuff like this to be funny but she really isn't, I remember back when Ryan Dinn died she told Stevo why couldn't be him and made fun of Dunn, not funny.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
The context of the joke was to be offensive. The character in the show made an offensive tweet that she got in trouble for. The second character asks her what the joke was, and she proceeds to tell us the joke about Blue Ivy when she's older getting peed on by R Kelly. The point of the joke was to rustle jimmies in the show. The fact that people in real life had their jimmies rustled by an offensive tweet in a tv show, I don't know, you tell me.
Aiming to be tasteless and offensive doesn't excuse tasteless and offensive. The show airing the joke is indeed kind of a bad call. I get that they put it in there knowing it's terrible and not funny because they wanted to show it's not okay, but you can't blame people for tuning out and being disgusted at hearing it. Think about it, if it wasn't capable of offending people, would it work?

hixa kuogame

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Amy Poler is not funny tho, she relies on stuff like this to be funny but she really isn't, I remember back when Ryan Dinn died she told Stevo why couldn't be him and made fun of Dunn, not funny.
You're thinking about Amy Schumer. She made that joke at the Charlie Sheen roast. Amy Poehler is Saturday Night Live.

Umari Senju

Legendary
Kin
238💸
Kumi
96💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm actually going to agree with Cole World on this one. Society has gotten to the point where people's skin is too thin and being Politically Correct is so important that it stifles comedic creativity. Most comedians (particularly stand up comics) jokes are made of offensive, bigoted, and stereotypical content.

This has been going on for years but as Lange stated in the article, Social Media is to blame, not the joke. Think back to Eddie Murphy's stand up comic bit where he ripped into gay folk. He even used duragatory (and by today's standards) offensive name calling and everyone laughed including the gay community.

Today we have people who need to be coddled because of something taken out of context like this joke. If it isn't your type of humor then don't watch it. that was the rule of thumb back then.

Today it's "if it isn't your type of joke. Jump on twitter/Facbook start a flame war, get others like yourself to chime in, and see to it that the actor/comedian pays for this outrage."

I guess it's just the mark of the times.

Multiply

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm actually going to agree with Cole World on this one. Society has gotten to the point where people's skin is too thin and being Politically Correct is so important that it stifles comedic creativity. Most comedians (particularly stand up comics) jokes are made of offensive, bigoted, and stereotypical content.

This has been going on for years but as Lange stated in the article, Social Media is to blame, not the joke. Think back to Eddie Murphy's stand up comic bit where he ripped into gay folk. He even used duragatory (and by today's standards) offensive name calling and everyone laughed including the gay community.

Today we have people who need to be coddled because of something taken out of context like this joke. If it isn't your type of humor then don't watch it. that was the rule of thumb back then.

Today it's "if it isn't your type of joke. Jump on twitter/Facbook start a flame war, get others like yourself to chime in, and see to it that the actor/comedian pays for this outrage."

Exactly. U_U.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,661💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️

If Facebook and Twitter existed back then, you would have heard people expressing their complaint. You can't ask for the freedom to make offensive jokes or for offensive jokes to be made while simultaneously demanding people say nothing when it does offend.

Criticism and compliment are two sides of the same coin. If you silence one, you silence the other. By telling people not express their distaste, dislike or disinterest in something, you are simultaneously revoking your own right to express your approval, enjoyment or interest in it. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.

Multiply

Legendary
Kin
3💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
If Facebook and Twitter existed back then, you would have heard people expressing their complaint. You can't ask for the freedom to make offensive jokes or for offensive jokes to be made while simultaneously demanding people say nothing when it does offend.

Criticism and compliment are two sides of the same coin. If you silence one, you silence the other. By telling people not express their distaste, dislike or disinterest in something, you are simultaneously revoking your own right to express your approval, enjoyment or interest in it. Otherwise, you're a hypocrite.
The point is that the only reason people are mad, is because other people are mad. Back then someone probably didn't agree with a comedians act on gay people, but they weren't offended by it. Now we have people who don't agree with someones act, go on twitter and rant about it and stir up all of this false outrage that they otherwise would not have been outraged about if they had not been given a platform to be outraged on.