[Question] Why do people here think One Piece art style is bad ?

Olorin

Legendary
Kin
268💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

Listz

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I don't know about you but Oda has this one principle he always tries his best to keep:
Whenever there's a need for him to show some flashback in current chapter that he had already drawn in previous chapter, he would draw it again by hand, as similar as possible, instead of copy paste the old one and put it into the new chapter for explanation sake. He said it got something to do with his readers' welfare whom actually paid with their moneys just to buy his series each page. If he opted to copy paste in the actual page chapter, he feels he steals the money.

Source from SBS (a special Q&A corner prepared by Oda to answer his fans' questions in every OP manga volume / toukobon). But i know the haters are way too lazy to go through chapters just to prove this. We the OP fans, on the other hand, know it's true.

silmarill

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Good thing u said "here" in the title
Overal One Piece is liked alot and if the art style really was so bad it would not keep on selling volumes like sandwiches.
It's just the opinion of dumb people on Nb , It's confusing ? rofl , thanks for the laugh

Just because u don't like characters (whom wear funny things) or whos body structure and proportions are not fitting all the time to reality does not mean the art is bad

U think Salvador Dali is a bad painter? It's the same logic tbh

Last edited:

kmrasengan

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah the art is so ugly, ugh, look at this page, it's awful, it's not amazingly beautiful at all.

I laugh at people using anime pics as an example when the manga is so much better. Keep going guys, I'm laughing so hard.

Reactions: Olorin

bajram

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
and for the manga, wtf is up with those pages? srsly it's too messy

AND THERE ARE WORSE!!!! it's all just a damn mess... and when they want to change scene to some other scenario... they just switch.... srsly you won't even notice it just swapped and you get confused and don't understand what is happening xD
Maybe its not worse but someone with fish brains like u could barely understand a good story, anyway I feel sorry that ur brain cant comprehend such master piece, study more or read more and u should be able to understand things.

And why do I need beautiful art like bleach or something, at the end of the day both are drawings, anyhow I heard there are fapboys so I can understand, but go out more often and meet real ppl, its nice to go out once in a while.

how about make them look less pokemon or cartoon for 5 year olds? =p
a spaghetti man? a shark with a very strange nose?
a wolf with glasses that don't even cover his eyes?

yeah i get a headache... and i need to zoom in to actually read at some points...
U want logic in a manga? oh how abot Naruto where u can takes ones eyes and insert in your eye hole and immediately work, if ur asking for logic in a manga then why are u even reading it.

Oh and the series is about pirates it fits the drawing, I wouldnt want a drawing like bleach or other anime in a pirates face, a beautiful pirate, does that even make sense, then again I than god Oda writes the manga and not u or someone.

ultraChalk

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Because it's childish

Tell me you didn't just try to flame on OP for being childish with that sig.

AND THERE ARE WORSE!!!! it's all just a damn mess... and when they want to change scene to some other scenario... they just switch.... srsly you won't even notice it just swapped and you get confused and don't understand what is happening xD
It's not really messy, there are just cleaner manga out there. Shouldn't take away credit for something for not being as up to par on something as other manga.

For example, OP has a better story than Naruto.
But Naruto has cleaner art.

I do agree with what Tomato King said though, it's all about the scene the artist is trying to convey and the emotion that goes with it. Those would be described as 'chaotic' pretty well. Then he can make fighting pages that are not only chaotic, but also clean and intense.

Last edited:

Memento Mori

Legendary
Kin
102💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well No offence to the ones who say they don't like One Piece art(to each their own preference) but let me remind you so far in the Manga history OP has a unique art style with much more diversity in the art IMO.U_U.For its Pirate theme the current is best fittin' rather than other normal art.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Just cause everything is detailed, it's automatically messy? Oda puts in a lot of effort, unlike other mangaka's who have empty panels or panels with a lot of white space. (Like Kishi.):
It's just has a lot of white space that's not filled properly and looks really lazy and half ass'd.

Everything is all over the place. >_>
How?
yeah i get a headache... and i need to zoom in to actually read at some points...
I'm confused. What are you complaining about? You were first talking about the art being messy, and now you're saying you have to zoom in to read? The text is in a white bubble, how difficult is that to read? LOL Unless you're talking about it being "dialogue heavy". In that case, I still disagree. OP chapters have a lot of content filled with them in each chapter, people love that.
Opinions are like fetishes.,everyone has one but yours is wrong and you should be ashamed.
What'd she say lol?

XD These pics. never get old.

Well No offence to the ones who say they don't like One Piece art(to each their own preference) but let me remind you so far in the Manga history OP has a unique art style with much more diversity in the art IMO.U_U.For its Pirate theme the current is best fittin' rather than other normal art.
You tell em'! :cool:

Killua Zoldyck

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Come now, can you even compare to or ? I guess you can say that Oda puts the effort into the story as opposed to the artwork. The One Piece Anime is the shittiest of the three though, due to its disgustingly bad pacing.