[Discussion] Why do people hate the Nazis Today??

NarutoKage2

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I know, they were evil. They massacred the Jews, the Slavs and laid ruin to entire cities in Europe.

However, that wasn't the only side of the story. While, say the pol pot regime in Cambodia caused genocide and no offsetting benefit to humanity, there were certain vital contributions that the Nazi 'era' brought about:

-Did you know that the world's first jet aircraft was invented by them? The Messerscmit(Me) 262? Although barely noticed at the time, this aircraft's engine and subsequent developments would usher in the jet age(that has endured to this day) and put piston driven aircraft in the background.
- If it wasn't for the Nazi built V2 rocket, the US and the Soviets would never have had a space program, and by extension we all would be left without the benefit of the internet.(German scientists also played a critical role in the Manhattan project, but that can be said to have been a negative role)
-Last and most importantly: world war 2 made possible the independance of about 2/3rds of the globes population who were under one European colonial empire or the other. I doubt the British would have been willing to give self rule to the peoples of, say india, otherwise.

P.S: I'm not justifying what they did then, no one can. But that 'era' , at the very least, brought about immense positive changes in the long term for much of humanity today. More importantly, there is to my knowledge no threat of an Aryan supremacist dictatorship taking over the world today either. Genghis khan was a bigger tyrant, raping, pillaging and annihilating 25% of the world during his time, his legacy was hardly beneficial for anyone, yet he isn't demonized half as much as Hitler and the Nazis are. Why?

Jazzy Stardust

Banned
Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because the bad kind of outweighs the good.

It's like if I'm charged for raping and murdering 30 women, but hey I also adopted a few puppies and was a great father. So I'm not all bad.

But people hate the ideology most.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Were those advancements worth the lives of the thousands of ppl that died, experienced cruel torture, and various human experimentation under the Nazi regime?

Masterpiece7

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why people hate Nazis? Do you really have to ask? What if someone took 6 millions of your people and killed them? Watching them die one by one,all your loved people burn/choke to death with poisonous gas,etc.

NarutoKage2

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Forget the past, just move on.
I'm a history buff.
Because the bad kind of outweighs the good.

It's like if I'm charged for raping and murdering 30 women, but hey I also adopted a few puppies and was a great father. So I'm not all bad.

But people hate the ideology most.
Fair enough. But the legacy is what I'm talking about, and that has two sides to it. Maybe I should have changed the title to the 'legacy of the Nazis', rather than 'hating the Nazis'.
Were those advancements worth the lives of the thousands of ppl that died, experienced cruel torture, and various human experimentation under the Nazi regime?
No, it wasn't. But that's beside the point. Thousands more people died, experienced cruel torture and rape under the mongols, our common human history has seen worse, but they aren't satanized as much.

ANiMUS

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm a history buff.

Fair enough. But the legacy is what I'm talking about, and that has two sides to it. Maybe I should have changed the title to the 'legacy of the Nazis', rather than 'hating the Nazis'.

No, it wasn't. But that's beside the point. Thousands more people died, experienced cruel torture and rape under the mongols, our common human history has seen worse, but they aren't satanized as much.
The mongol regime isn't around anymore though :|

There are still neo Nazis today

Now Mongol is nothing more than a race/ nationality and bearing hatred towards someone just for those things are wrong

Pumpkin Ninja

Legendary
Kin
577💸
Kumi
2,186💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because none of that justifies killing millions of people and it still wasn't too long ago like Genghis Khan's era. What they deserve is to be hated while we live off their contributions in science.

-Haku Yuki-

Supreme
Kin
59💸
Kumi
1,030💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
We have written accounts of what happened to survivors (and currently some living eye witnesses as well as pictures of the holocuast) So we're able to paint a clear picture of what happened theres dozens of Books about the holocaust most of which are read in our schools today. Stalin killed even more then hitler did but no one talks about him because we don't have hundreds of books documenting torture camps from his genocide.

Deathwink

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
you must have never passed the 7th grade cause people in germany be learning about all the disgusting shit they did since the 8th one, stay in school kids don't let the nazi murderer grand-parents brainwash you and turn you into sociopaths oppressing jewish/muslim/non german kids living in germany amen.

Reactions: Babadook