Why do people hate either Sakura or Hinata?

Turson

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
and she's finally been pushed down from her main heroine place I hope, that role is more deserved by Hinata and I don't say this because I am NaruHina but because she deserves more screen time than Sakura, she was wasted potential.
Its not like Kishimoto replaced main heroine of the story. Kishimato said that during war every character will have an opportunity to shine. Basically, its Hinatas time now, but Sakura will also have her moment. Sakura was, is, and will be the main heroine of the series.

Momo86

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I can see where you are coming from but my own personal reason for hating Sakura is that I view her as a pretty weak character, there is little to no character development with her and on the battlefield (except in the Sasori battle) she appears to be absolutely useless except for healing, so far in the war she has done nothing to protect or assist Naruto and she's finally been pushed down from her main heroine place I hope, that role is more deserved by Hinata and I don't say this because I am NaruHina but because she deserves more screen time than Sakura, she was wasted potential.
Maybe it's me, but I find the idea that a female character MUST be the lover of the protagonist to be a main character to be extremely lame.

Twin Steps

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You want to know why people hate them?

People say Hinata is:Shy(though not anymore), her stuttering and fainting is annoying, she's fodder, she doesn't contribute to the plot(ounce again, though not anymore), she gets too much praise, or people hate her cause she loves Naruto.

People say Sakura is:Useless and all she does is cry and waste panel space, she is on team Kakashi, yet she can't measrue up to any of her team mates, she has no actual backstory and is a plain normal girl, she hits Naruto for being Naruto, she worships Sasuke, She manipulated Naruto's feelings to get what she wants, She sees Naruto as her silver-medal Sasuke replacement, can't fight well, and she simply treats Naruto like crap.

Momo86

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hey i'd like so see some NaruSaku but we all know that ent happening
I wouldn't. I like Hinata. I LOVE Hinata. I'd like to see her end up with Naruto.

What I cannot grasp is why Naruto and Hinata becoming a couple automatically makes Sakura crap. There's no logic in it.

Actually now that I think of it it actually makes me angry. It's a bit of a machist look on things. It's like saying all your female friends are shit unless they are in love with you. It's not a good viewpoint, definitely.

Furthermore, it appears that since Sakura isn't going to sleep with Naruto anytime soon, people feel entitled to arbitrarily make up reasons to despise her. See post below.

You want to know why people hate them?
People say Sakura is:Useless and all she does is cry and waste panel space, she is on team Kakashi, yet she can't measrue up to any of her team mates, she has no actual backstory and is a plain normal girl, she hits Naruto for being Naruto, she worships Sasuke, She manipulated Naruto's feelings to get what she wants, She sees Naruto as her silver-medal Sasuke replacement, can't fight well, and she simply treats Naruto like crap.
It was really a feat to write so many untrue things in one single period.

1. Useless? Can't fight well? She's one of the strongest members of the Konoha 11 which aren't nearly as hated as her and is considered a young promise in the Leaf Village - which while it hasn't the quality of the Sand Village or Mist Village and is clearly less militarized than the Rock Village or Cloud Village is still considered all-around the first military power in the world of Naruto. Being one of the strongest kunoichi juniores hardly makes her useless. Kiba, Sai and Lee are considered useless? Because Sakura knocked them down with a gas bomb before they could say Jack Robinson. Or that doesn't qualify for some convenient reason of sort?

2. not everyone can measure up to Naruto and Kakashi, that would make their strenght pointless. Also, not everyone can come from an exceptional background story like Naruto or Sasuke, once again it would make little sense. And the first concept around Sakura's character was indeed that she had to overcome her inability to understand Naruto, which is exactly coming from she not having a tragic story like him. Sasuke pushed her to understand and treat Naruto a little better.

3. she hits Naruto because they bicker friendly. I bicker a lot with one of my female friends, and if we both were superhuman warriors we probably would trade a punch or two. People should stop saying it means anything.

4. she worships Sasuke so much she'd like to see him dead. Yeah, that's totally indicating she can't see him objectively. Right.

5. she manipulated Naruto once, because of her inability to understand him. She apologized and grew to be a different person. That's part of her character developement. They all had one. Naruto also had to stop dreaming to becoming Hokage just to feel cool and started thinking what being Hokage should mean, after confronting himself with Gaara's (temporary) demise, with Nagato's painful past and with Itachi's resolve. Before that, Naruto was just a talentless brat who wanted to become head of a military organization just because people bullied him, in one wants to see things that way... everyone would look like a bastard if you only looked at the worst thing he did as a child... so would Naruto, so would Sakura, not to mention Neji or Gaara. Seeing him grow up from that to the open-minded, peace-loving and charismatic man that he is makes one of the plot points. So does seeing Sakura grow from a young and clueless girl to a strong willed woman trying to avoid the worst outcome for her best friend. She tries to avoid the worst outcome for her best friend by trying to kill the man she loves. Sure, she is an egoist bitch ok.

6. She sees Naruto as the silver medal? People conveniently chose to forget that she didn't "jump the bandwagon" when Naruto became popular. She tried to convince Naruto to give up on Sasuke by offering herself to him. Again, not understanding how big of a sacrifice this is, is just machism.

Actually: hating Sakura is just machism, period.