Why do people hate either Sakura or Hinata?

Momo86

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'm just done reading the latest chap, being a huge NaruxHina fan I was really happy about how things turned out.

I came here to see what people thought about that and I'm quite puzzled to see that many take the recent turn of events as some sort of proof that Kishi hates Sakura or (worse still) that everyone is well entitled to hate Sakura.

Why all the hate to her? And besides, why this mentality? It looks like Sakura deserves no love UNLESS she IS Naruto's partner sooner or later. Can't see the reason for that.

Opinions?

rikankhaos

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's just a manga. Some individuals just get lost into it. They stop knowing what's real and what's fake. They just have way too much time in their hands. I for one could care less about the hole relationship thing. I just want to see some action.

KGB Kakuzu

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Idk...there are two reasons people seem to jump down the other girls throats....The thing on Sakura is usually how useless she was during Part I aside from the Forest of death moment where the joys were down. Also her Sasuke obsessive personality (leading to her crappy treatment of Naruto at times). Finally o know some people really hated the Land of Iron confession, and it was a complete cockblock by her against Hinata.

The reasons usually behind Hinata is that some people find her a fodder....also, some people find her extreme shyness to be annoying (though that is clearly over). Also some feel as though she has contributed barely anything to the plot, and yet she gains fans for just saying, "Naruto-kun" every couple hundred chapters.

Personally I don't hate either character, and Hinata is my favorite character along with Kakuzu and Han (Despite his minimal appearance).

As far as Sakura goes, she irritates me with her personality....in part I it was the Sasuke obsession and rather mean treatment of Naruto. Then in part II she becomes indecisive. She says I'll tell Naruto. Instead she pulls a cockblock (probably the worst thing she has done). Then she screws over the people trying to help her. Finally she cent pull the trigger so to speak. She freezes at the last moment.....but honestly she has shown parts to her that are awesome......I wish we had gotten more of the Sakura that fought Chiyo....now that was a Sakura I respect! The only other thing is that she is a Tsunade clone, bit she didn't do anything advanced or unique with it like Naruto and Sasuke did....she supposedly has talent in genjutsu, but never used it....that was dissapointing!

But yeah....both characters have their contributions and both are far from useless. I personally have no extreme dislike or hate....just a little bit of a personality difference (as I share more of Hinata's personality)...go Hinata XD

Momo86

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's just a manga. Some individuals just get lost into it. They stop knowing what's real and what's fake. They just have way too much time in their hands. I for one could care less about the hole relationship thing. I just want to see some action.
Well, it sure is a legit past time to discuss about one's own favorite manga from time to time and more generally about what makes a good or bad story. I can also understand that someone hates a character, even if I don't understand such vehemence of feelings.

What I don't understand is this sort of self-contradictory theisis according to which Sakura is a better character than Hinata but on the other side is a legitimate character IF and ONLY IF she's Naruto's fiancee or will be at some time.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, people say that Naruto should get with Hinata because Sakura doesn't care the tiniest bit about Naruto and hasn't been doing anything since pretty much forever. Both statements are false and go against the manga itself, blatantly so. Sakura showed she appreciates and loves Naruto and had her character developement, not the one I would've liked to see but that's Kishi's choice. How much a good/bad character Sakura is has nothing to do with her getting/not getting with Naruto anyway.

I'm not saying one shouldn't like/dislike characters in general I just don't understand what people base this mutual opposition of Sakura and Hinata on.

Last edited:

Anduril

Legendary
Kin
42💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
yup sakura's charachter has been such that, it has been taking all the hate.

I mean she did not consider naruto as a good guy for a long time and sided with the villagers who used to be cold towards him. But then when Naruto took out pain, he became everyone's favourite and then she comes out and hugs him........ it's like she loves naruto because he became all cool.
Whereas this was not the case with Hinata. She loved naruto since she was a small child, and it is only fair that sakura just stops meddling into naruto's life.

Agent 47

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
What I don't understand is this sort of self-contradictory theisis according to which Sakura is a better character than Hinata but on the other side is a legitimate character IF and ONLY IF she's Naruto's fiancee or will be at some time.
Sakura is a better character than Hinata in some spheres, Hinata is better than Sakura in other spheres.

Its understandable you dont understand the rage because you are new.
If you were to have been here before, you would see the NaruSaku fans bitching at NaruHina fans, when Sakura hugged Naruto at the end of the Pain fight.
Now the NaruHina fans are taking revenge by cussing at NaruSaku fans and showing Naruto and Hinata holding hands in the latest chapter. Its a cycle which goes on. Today Sakura is the target. Tomorrow it maybe Hinata. Day after someone else. Dont worry about such things.

And, welcome to NB.

Arian

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well i am one of the few.people.here who like sakura..and yea im a narusaku fan and i still think theyll end up together...

Momo86

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
@KGB Kakuzu:

See, I am somewhat of a feminist so I would've liked to see more character like Tsunade or Konan and less character strongly defined by their love interest (as Sakura, Hinata and even Ino have). Despite her personality is essentially expanded only in the anime, I for one am not surprised that Kishi cites Tenten as her favorite female chuunin. Kishi is at unease making strong female characters, he made that clear explicitly (I still think he's way better than most mangaka though).

With this premise clear, I must say I actually liked Sakura's character developement even if I would have managed her differently if I were a writer.

I liked - I must be a minority here - her move at the Land of Iron too.

In truth what I like about her is that Kishi isn't playing the safe, easy way with her character. Sakura is not an angel or a saint, she is "flawed and mortal" to quote JK Rowling. She isn't an evil or egoist person, but still has major fdownfalls. She can't let go a guy who literally tried to kill her; in her newfound resolve to ease Naruto's suffering she lies to him and manipulates her friends; she makes an incredibly strong decision to save Sasuke from himself (killing him) and then finds herself unable to carry it on.

Like Sasuke, Kishi isn't trying to make us love them in an obvious way but instead he's developing more complex, round characters with actual frailty and weakness.

Sasunarufan13

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dislike Sakura for her personality and some of her actions towards Naruto and Sasuke. To be honest, if Naruto has to end up with a girl, I hope he ends up with Hinata. Rock Lee can have Sakura :p

AirWind

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I stands my opinion for NaruKarin, the rest are just rumors and should it be other than NaruKarin, they will not suceed in making any babies that could vesseled that Kurama. So, NV-wise it should be the ladies from Kushina's line of clan, none others.

p.s - i didnt hate sakura or hinata, but they are not meant for naruto, the plot just want to twist our readers mind only.