obito uchiha the wraith

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Right but that was after his fight with him and after the whole exam, why didn't he realize it at phase 1? Or when he had to fight him? It's like Killua was just as surprised as us the reader when he should have known about it before hand.
he was surprised because his brother killed innocent civilians for his own purposes. not even for a legit mission. and even if youre reffering to when he didnt realize the needle man was ilumi then its obvious. he had no idea ilumi could actually do that but not only that he looked like a completely different person. not everyone that has needles is ilumi.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
he was surprised because his brother killed innocent civilians for his own purposes. not even for a legit mission. and even if youre reffering to when he didnt realize the needle man was ilumi then its obvious. he had no idea ilumi could actually do that but not only that he looked like a completely different person. not everyone that has needles is ilumi.
"if youre reffering to when he didnt realize the needle man was ilumi then its obvious. he had no idea ilumi could actually do that "

That's exactly what I'm getting at, he was raised by his father and brother to be a top assassin is it really believable he never heard of or saw Illumi using this technique? I never said everybody with needles is Illumi but Killua should have been at least familiar with the ability that when he saw a man with a pin cushion face he realized it was Illumi but he didn't.

obito uchiha the wraith

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"if youre reffering to when he didnt realize the needle man was ilumi then its obvious. he had no idea ilumi could actually do that "

That's exactly what I'm getting at, he was raised by his father and brother to be a top assassin is it really believable he never heard of or saw Illumi using this technique? I never said everybody with needles is Illumi but Killua should have been at least familiar with the ability that when he saw a man with a pin cushion face he realized it was Illumi but he didn't.
you have to consider the fact that ilumi is a solo man. he went on the majority of his missions solo theres no way he would bring his beloved lil bro on them. also an assasin isnt supposed to show all his tricks even to friends and family. they arent always together so theres no way killua would have known illumi could do that simply because he never did it around killua probably on purpose so he could have a disguise to observe killua maybe.

anyway its not like all the brothers know each others full movesets. none of killuas family knew killua could use god speed. and i doubt killua and illumi even know the youngest brothers powers in full.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
you have to consider the fact that ilumi is a solo man. he went on the majority of his missions solo theres no way he would bring his beloved lil bro on them. also an assasin isnt supposed to show all his tricks even to friends and family. they arent always together so theres no way killua would have known illumi could do that simply because he never did it around killua probably on purpose so he could have a disguise to observe killua maybe.

anyway its not like all the brothers know each others full movesets. none of killuas family knew killua could use god speed. and i doubt killua and illumi even know the youngest brothers powers in full.
Maybe but it's not an air-tight defense. Killua did seem to know everything about Alluka and his chubby brother whose name escapes me. Killua also developed God Speed away from the family, the odds Illumi left the family llike Killua did are 0% and the odds he developed that ability without others noticing is small as well.

obito uchiha the wraith

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe but it's not an air-tight defense. Killua did seem to know everything about Alluka and his chubby brother whose name escapes me. Killua also developed God Speed away from the family, the odds Illumi left the family llike Killua did are 0% and the odds he developed that ability without others noticing is small as well.
as i said before ilumi couldve developed this tech outside of the house while on a mission. and decided to never tell anyone about it simply because it is a DISGUISE. the fact that killua didnt know means he purposely never used it around the house meaning killua NEVER saw it.

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
as i said before ilumi couldve developed this tech outside of the house while on a mission. and decided to never tell anyone about it simply because it is a DISGUISE. the fact that killua didnt know means he purposely never used it around the house meaning killua NEVER saw it.
He doesn't have to see it to know about it, The Zoldyck family takes pride in their accomplishments. You think Illumi never reported in about his contracts, I'm sure he has told his father before that he accomplished a mission by doing this technique. The way the family was portrayed, aside from Killua, is that they enjoy their abilities and enjoy upstaging one another, it seems likely that Illumi would brag about being able to accomplish this feat much the way the chubby brother was bragging about how he can kill with a mosquito.

obito uchiha the wraith

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He doesn't have to see it to know about it, The Zoldyck family takes pride in their accomplishments. You think Illumi never reported in about his contracts, I'm sure he has told his father before that he accomplished a mission by doing this technique. The way the family was portrayed, aside from Killua, is that they enjoy their abilities and enjoy upstaging one another, it seems likely that Illumi would brag about being able to accomplish this feat much the way the chubby brother was bragging about how he can kill with a mosquito.
the zoldycks are assasins they dont brag about their moves nor do they tell each other all their powers. even if ilumi reported his missions he reporrted them to THE DAD not killua not only that but i think it was specifically stated that most of the missions illumi went on were long missions meaning he was barely at the house. not only that but killua never liked illumi so i doubt he would ever pay any special attention to him. so theres literally no reason killua would know illumi could change his shape and look different. if you think assasins tell all of their secret techniques to eachother then thats your problem but the fact killua didnt know means illumi did not show him not tell him. even if killua was there during "the mission reports" illumi could easily just say "i disguised myself" that doesnt imply he changed his physique with needles just simply that he went incognito.

Twisted007

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because they didn't want Killua to learn nen and thus kept their abilities secret. Remember when Silva told to come home when he reached the 200 floor (the floor that fighters use nen), Illumi told Killua that it's not the right time for him to get the hunter licence, in other words ''to learn nen''.

Zeno was the only one who showed him his dragon dive.

Reactions: Chazzi

gutSy Sage

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because they didn't want Killua to learn nen and thus kept their abilities secret. Remember when Silva told to come home when he reached the 200 floor (the floor that fighters use nen), Illumi told Killua that it's not the right time for him to get the hunter licence, in other words ''to learn nen''.

Zeno was the only one who showed him his dragon dive.
Wow never realized that XD
You are totally right, nice catch!

Why keep it a secret though? I wonder if his nerdy brother has an ability LOL