Why did Zetsu say this

Genjitxu

Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Itachi v Sasuke fight as the forest around the fort is burning (as in fire) with amaterasu.
Well at the time we didn't know the black half zetsu is Madara. Well "Madara" here says "amaterasu is unholy undying flames from hell...or so I've heard." Why would he say that unless he never had amaterasu?
Maybe Izuna was the amaterasu expert and Madara the susano'o?

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because Zetsu is the Akatsuki intelligence spy. His job is to research/record everything. How do you think Tobi knew so much about just about every person/clan he came across?

edit: after looking at the question again, my original answer may be a bit confusing. I thought you asked why did zetsu know this, not why did zetsu say this if he already knew it. Basically in a nutshell, we the audience need someone to explain what's going on. Zetsu, being the recon member of the Akatsuki who reports everything to Tobi, was the perfect thing to do so for the audience.

Last edited:

KGB Kakuzu

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Because Zetsu is the Akatsuki intelligence spy. His job is to research/record everything. How do you think Tobi knew so much about just about every person/clan he came across?

edit: after looking at the question again, my original answer may be a bit confusing. I thought you asked why did zetsu know this, not why did zetsu say this if he already knew it. Basically in a nutshell, we the audience need someone to explain what's going on. Zetsu, being the recon member of the Akatsuki who reports everything to Tobi, was the perfect thing to do so for the audience.

I'd say the OP refers to the fact Black Zetsu, whom of which is Madara's will, didn't recognize Amaterasu.

OT: Will isn't always the same as a clone. Had Madara left himself in Black Zetsu he technically wouldn't die. So in some aspect, Kuro-Zetsu is only a partial existence of emotion given physical form (will/desire). Most likely it contained only so much needed Intel. Considering even Tobirama could recognize a Kagetsuchi from Sasuke.... It goes to say Madara knows of Uchiha Dojutsu.

Genjitxu

Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Black zetsu says, "or so I've heard" because Madara's source material on amaterasu is second hand.
And c'mon I don't mean why was this said in a literary retcon sense. This is manga there's often a narator to fights explaining things. The chunin exams for instance where the spectators talk about the fighters below were basically a convenient writing device to explain the world of jutsu to us.

Draxus

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Black Zetsu wasn't really Madara, he just contained his will, not all his knowledge.

If he WAS Madara, he wouldn't have been Obito's *****.

scorezor

Legendary
Kin
35💸
Kumi
2,506💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Itachi v Sasuke fight as the forest around the fort is burning (as in fire) with amaterasu.
Well at the time we didn't know the black half zetsu is Madara. Well "Madara" here says "amaterasu is unholy undying flames from hell...or so I've heard." Why would he say that unless he never had amaterasu?
Maybe Izuna was the amaterasu expert and Madara the susano'o?
i don't get it ... do you have brain? really... bc with this post that you wrote (this quote that i'm replying to) i can pretty much know the answer by myself with that logic :S

Genjitxu

Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You diminish madara's creation there by saying its just will. And I know its not Madara. But black zetsu acts like Madara and knows what he knows. He knows the plan, he knows Uchiha techs, he knows holy weapons, and he knows where he learned things, metacognition. If zetsu had half baked knowledge on things he'd sound more like an idiot savant saying, "those are the undying flames of amaterasu... what did I just say? How do I know that where'd it come from"

-ahhimane-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sorry bro that's not all.
Black Zetsu also talked about Susano'o, Totsuka and Yata Mirror. So you mean to say that Madara also wielded Totsuka and Yata Mirror?

Apart from all these, Sasuke knew about Amaterasu and that's how he planned to use Amaterasu for his Kirin. Even Itachi never told him about Amaterasu.
So how Sasuke knew about Amaterasu when he never heard or saw it?

Genjitxu

Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Whatever scorezer, black zetsu says "or so I've heard" regarding amaterasu. We didn't know that was Madara's will at the time and now we do. We've also seen MAdara now and he doesn't use amaterasu. Tonight I come across a dumb thread where some kid arguing that amaterasu isn't fire and I notice he uses a picture of the Itachi v Sasuke fight and it makes me think of this question.
So that's the thought process. I make a sudtle point abbout the language Zetsu used and no, I didn't use pictures for you, but I'm not dumb.
I'm just outta new content until next week :(

Genjitxu

Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke had plenty of times to learn about amaterasu like when Itachi used it to escape the frog's stomach or when for years he and Orochimaru planned to take down Itachi.
And black zetsu having knowledge of things like spiritual weapons isn't inconsistent ahhime. Zetsu doesn't just know Madara's techniques he knows what Madara knew. So I think Kishi made a point here to say that this is something Madara heard about and not necessarily something Madara had himself.

Genjitxu

Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Draxis - and black zetsu wasn't Obito's lapdog. I clearly remember a thread on the base about who was the top dog in that pair and it had to do with the scene where Obito and Zetsu are on a log talking and its Zetsu asking for a status report.
That was Madara. His will and knowledge minus the might

scorezor

Legendary
Kin
35💸
Kumi
2,506💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Whatever scorezer, black zetsu says "or so I've heard" regarding amaterasu. We didn't know that was Madara's will at the time and now we do. We've also seen MAdara now and he doesn't use amaterasu. Tonight I come across a dumb thread where some kid arguing that amaterasu isn't fire and I notice he uses a picture of the Itachi v Sasuke fight and it makes me think of this question.
So that's the thought process. I make a sudtle point abbout the language Zetsu used and no, I didn't use pictures for you, but I'm not dumb.
I'm just outta new content until next week :(
as i said... you don't have a brain , off-topic: for you to reply to the other's post , you click in "Reply with Quote" and then you write it after the [/QUOTE]

anyway , has i was saying , go read that battle , Itachi vs Sasuke (the last battle) and read what itachi says to sasuke. now... if you continue to think or saying that Madara doesn't have amaretasu , then ... you're wrong.

-ahhimane-

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Sasuke had plenty of times to learn about amaterasu like when Itachi used it to escape the frog's stomach or when for years he and Orochimaru planned to take down Itachi.
And black zetsu having knowledge of things like spiritual weapons isn't inconsistent ahhime. Zetsu doesn't just know Madara's techniques he knows what Madara knew. So I think Kishi made a point here to say that this is something Madara heard about and not necessarily something Madara had himself.

Sasuke was unconscious when Itachi used amaterasu inside the frog's stomach.

Yeah Oro and Sasuke planned to take down Itachi but I don't think even Orochimaru knew about Itachi's Susano'o because Sasuke was dumb-founded when Itachi called out Susano'o.

Genjitxu

Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I own the itachi v sasuke volume. Unless you're trying to say Itachi refered to Madara having amaterasu, which he doesn't, then I don't think you have a point there.
I can't tell why you won't focus on the zetsu quote. Resistent to change? Its all ad hominum and non sequitors from you.
Sasuke was surprised by susanoo, Zetsu surely was not. Sasuke doesn't know what Madara knows. I brought that up to debunk your earlier idea that zetsu could only know what Madara HAD as jutsus. He clearly knows what Madara knew about as well, and he even distinguishes between the two types of metacognition by using the phrase "or so I've heard."