[Theory] Why did Shanks really lose his arm?

babaGAReeb

Regular
Kin
553💸
Kumi
174💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the reason he lost his arm is cause he was attacked the by the legendary lor D. of the coast who has insane attack power

or that oda is a shit write, either works

Skull Knight

Veteran
Kin
1,523💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've had a simple theory on why Shanks really lost his arm while saving Luffy for years. I think the reason is very simple, and it's got nothing to do with the excuse Oda gave of "betting it on the new era".

I personally think that the Manga was planned to be quite simple, with simple character designs and story, hence why you don't see too many wacky characters early on in OP.

The reason a Yonko lost his arm to a weak sea creature is that Oda never imagined the world of OP to become this large. During the Sea monster encounter, he just wanted to make things more dramatic. When he saw his story expanding, he realised that he had to come up with an excuse of "betting it on the new era" which has Shanks implying that he lost it on purpose. This reason explains as to why we never saw Armament Haki from characters at Marineford and other parts of the story. Oda simply didn't plan for the story from the start to go this far and be this complex early on.

your opinions?
Does Yonkos really care abt themselves?

We already saw WB taking hits from Fodders at MF. He never cared even though he was stabbed, shot, face blown and still he carried his destruction.

Shanks losing his arm at that point of time was to show his dedication for those he loved/cared.