Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Acgnolia says there's 7 dragon slayers for him to beat whose the seventh the most I count is six

There's natsu, gajeel, Wendy, rogue, sting and Irene

Is there still another unknown dragon slayer out there I think he might be referring to erza

KcMSean

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dont think he knew of Irene. The seven left after he killed God Serena are Natsu, Laxus, Wendy, Gajeel, Sting, Rogue, and Cobra.

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Generation I DS:

1) Natsu

2) Gajeel

3) Wendy

Generation II DS:

4) Laxus

5) Cobra

Generation III DS:

6) Sting

7) Rogue

Serena would be classified as a GII, though it could be argued that he belongs in a separate generation because he has multiple dragon lachrima inside of him. However considering Acnologia started counting from the moment after he already beat him, it doesn't really matter much.

There was never actually any discussion to whom Acnologia was referring originally, however now that Irene has been introduced some people became confused. Certain people claim that it's a plothole and that Hiro only developed Irene's background after Acnnologia made that remark. That's not impossible as she indeed feels as being added rather on the spur of the moment, but there are still very well alternatives.

For starters technically speaking Irene is not a DS, but a dragon and unlike Acnologia she didn't had the ability to change between her human and dragon form. It was Zeref who turned her back into a human and till further notice she hasn't shown the ability to turn back nor any abilities that are associated with DS (yet). So she's really an unusual case, which might be the reason Acnologia couldn't sense her as I seriously doubt the latter first spend some time investigating who exactly are all the dragon slayers. He's most likely using some kind of sensing ability. You can't ignore either that Irene is an extremely powerful mage and enchantress and that she is somehow able to camouflage herself. Don't forget that the whole point of this war is to defeat Acnologia and that she might have thought it would be better to not alarm him of her constitution.

You can also reason that Irene was simply out of his range to be sensed. The 'battlefield' was after all an entire country where they were fighting on multiple fronts. Though if this was the case, then it would be quite weird that he was able to sense Cobra, but not Irene. The Oracion Seis arrived quite late, but it still would be possible depending on where they exactly were.

In any case I think we can safely discard the possibility that there's still an unidentified DS running around.

Last edited: