Souji

Legendary
Kin
4💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

OT: Racism isn't really over, it's just become more implicit and less radical, in my opinion. Not that I'm condoning the actions in this video; they were just being plain stupid.

Last edited:

BlazeRelease

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Maybe what they should have said was "I'm getting sick and tired of all the race discussions" and not deny that racism exists. Racism is going to exist, it's millions of years old, and served evolutionary purpose at one point. Did you know that dog litters will pick on the another dog in the litter who is a different color from the rest? Its purpose may not seem to serve much function now, but people are hard wired to categorize and protect their own. Protecting their own also changes like a radiating circle outward from the self. People have a hierarchy of protective defenses that start with self preservation, preservation of family, then friends, then local community, then country, then world. If aliens attacked nobody would be playing the race card, we would be helping each other. When America was attacked during 9/11 they weren't fixated on racism towards each other; they were in protective mode helping each other and focused on their perceived enemy.

So, if a person feels their race is being attacked they will have a natural drive to protect their like types. When people band together to say "white people are responsible for our oppression" or "black people are all on wellfare" it is going to pull out some protective urge inside you that you didn't even know existed.

The goal is to focus on changing behaviors with positive reinforcement, not bringing social change through guilt and anger. That just forces people to act defensively. As Gandhi said, "be the change you want to see in the world."
^^^
Nicely said.

This type of discrimination is the worst thing to experience, but the best thing we can do is move forward ourselves, others will eventually catch on.

~WastelandSociety~

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Racism will never end.
Like war never changes when it comes to revenge ,greed and hate ,society can not simply change the minds of other that have a desire talk down another person.
Sure some people may say racism is over,but those people are living in a bubble that shields them from reality. They tend to avoid areas with such hate and then assume that the people they are around or see in a daily bases proves nothing bad goes on in the world. Their in denial at best. Which is normal to say now but can be harmful at times to be so naive.

Luther

Legendary
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This is nothing new. The white man has always oppressed blacks for centuries. They took us from africa and forced us to work on cotton fields and raped our children and lynched us, this is just the continuance of that. Racism will never die.

RasenUchihaChaos

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You know what's funny I bet these morons wouldn't chant that if they got thrown into a building full if blacks or evens better

Send them to Somalia or Nigeria and have them chant that song with no police protection

Luther

Legendary
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You know what's funny I bet these morons wouldn't chant that if they got thrown into a building full if blacks or evens better

Send them to Somalia or Nigeria and have them chant that song with no police protection
Violence is not the answer. It will feel good for a moment but it is not worth it. We need to change the mentality of the whites who think there white skin is superior to that of the negroes or any other minority.

Reactions: Wolves

N o i r

Kin
93💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why is it that when something racist happens, no one ever cares about all other races that are also oppressed.
[video=youtube;lPinp0i0y9s]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPinp0i0y9s[/video]
^this here is true.