Kumi
4,624💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

Whether the Weather Weathers or Withers
Using: | Closed To: | Location: Marketplace

The past few weeks clouds had loomed over the Land of Fire, their rains bringing both fortune and melancholy. The smell of fresh rain no longer permeated the air. People had simply gotten used to the smell and had simply gone about their day with darkness surrounding them. Perhaps it had been the news of war and death over the years that made the sadness of it all so fitting. Kenichi couldn't find time to feel it. There was so much more happening around him and war was a never-ending grief. The weather had brought down moral, picked at the wilting flowers that now sat in puddles and drooped low like a sad song and weathered the rocks holding the streams in place forcing the rivers to flow further in-land. The village had been flooded and so too had Kenichi. News of his origin had weighed him down like wet clothes and bricks and bad days.

Today was different though. It had not rained for three days and the water was beginning to recede. Now, everyone was out and about with their usual shining faces. It was as if the village had forgotten the darkness just outside its walls. Nothing had changed it was just now draped over with shining rays and rising lilies. Kenichi had not changed. His mind was still clouded by the Clan politics that had so far managed to turn his world around.

There were days when the thought still burned, his heart tingling as a painful reminder of the past that so readily haunted him. Kenichi couldn't let his mind relax for fear of it returning to the dark pit that called out to him. Memories were a flood threatening to break the dam he had so long build to keep his demons at bay. They came and went like the summer rain, so far staying distant enough to allow the boy to maintain his sanity but ever present enough to never give him permission to forget. Sometimes he could still smell charring. It wasn't something he had ever smelled before and one could have easily mistaken it for a haunch of meat roasting on the stakes. These thoughts were enough for his stomach curdle.

Kenichi swallowed the lump that hung low in his throat until it bottomed out as a snake writhing in his stomach. His cold eyes stared off at the shelves of vases in front of him, fingers lacing through the strings of leather that held his gi to his forearm. Fiddling--a habit of his, no doubt he'd acquired it over the many years of humble silence. A whisper could break the ice that was beginning to line his soul.

Or not. That would be too easy. His eyes flicked as he felt a tap request his attention. The raven-haired boy turned around slowly, his eyes lowering to meet that of a small woman. The hand that tapped him then gestured hesitantly at the vases that were perched haphazardly on the shelf before him. Their intricate patterns were obviously hand painted and the slits in the mold suggested her work was amateur at best. "Can I interest you in one of these? You've been staring at them for quite some time."

Kenichi's eyes furrowed and for the moment it took for him to catch up to the present moment made him seem slack-jawed and aloof. He closed his jaw and shook his head, "No, no. Sorry. They're not really my type." He shrugged his shoulders, dipping his head politely and apologetically. The boy truly hadn't realized he had stared long enough for another to notice. He needn't mention their unattractive nature. Kenichi was blunt but he wasn't rude. He slumped away, continuing his slow pace through the market.

He'd come here for a reason. His last mission had ended more poorly than he'd hoped and because of that, he found himself needing yet another gi. A gash he had received on his left shoulder had ruined his top and now Kenichi found himself in need of buying a new top or the materials to stitch up his old one. He was never one to patch his own laundry, but when times called for it was never one to at least attempt. The Land of Fire had become quite prosperous. The market was bustling with busy people, minding their way through the sea of colors shirts and expressionless faces. It was mindless.

The Land of Fire was already bustling in recent times. War ravaged the surrounding lands and a land with Shinobi was the safest place to plop. Luck had it that Kenichi was born into a rather prestigious clan. Until recently though he was thought to be of the lesser half, the side branch of the Hyuuga Clan. People rushed to their places, passing others in a hazy blur. Perhaps that is why the boy visited today of all days. The mindlessness is what he needed.

Despite the blur of faces and colors, Kenichi found it hard not to notice a familiarity pushing through. His white eyes flicked toward a similar pair in the crowd. He walked forward, placing his hands within his sleeves as he approached fellow Clan member and friend. A smile lightened the eerie mood of his aura and a kindness colored his tone, "Fujin," he said simply with a tilt of his head and a warm smile, "I don't usually see you in the marketplace." His statement had a resounding question in its meaning. Kenichi had come to clear his mind, but what was his friend looking for?

[video=youtube;jrTMMG0zJyI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrTMMG0zJyI[/video]
@QuattuorSiivet

Last edited:

Quatt

Elite
Kin
2,302💸
Kumi
463💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
The Aloof Fujin, stared blankly at his friend lost in thought, although he dressed discreetly in black and nothing too flashy his white platinum hair stood out like a sore thumb garnering the stares of others. Although it seemed to not bother him much and he even took some delight in it,“Hey Kenichi, you know I have no interest in these things I’m obviously here for you.”

With a big grin, Kaze patted Kenichi’s shoulder to show his intimacy to his friend. “What are you doing here on your own, want to go train with me, I’ve been honing the basic skills to fight as a warrior, a prodigy like yourself surely has to train with another. What do you say give me some pointers and I will treat you to some Ramen?” The light in Kaze’s eyes was hard to miss, seeing Kenichi’s gash it was obvious why he was sulking. With a stern expression, he gave Kenichi a stare, although friends they were rivals within the clan. Although no one gave a dam about the pair it was safe to say that they were exceptional users of the Byakugan.

“Don’t tell me such a small injury will stop you from improving? Does everyone progress without falling over a few times?” With that Kenichi left with a slightly mocking tone, although seemingly harsh, it was his way to encourage Kenichi to get over the small details and to have a fight with him. A fight full of emotion was rather exciting than some normal practice match for Kaze. He hopped away merrily while sending back glances at the moving figure.

Eos

Kin
71💸
Kumi
4,624💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
He wasn't a hard person to miss but his eyes raised with his friend's words and then proceeded to smile awkwardly from light embarrassment. He did often come here to clear his head, not that he ever bought anything while browsing. If anyone knew this it would have been Kaze. With a sigh he confessed, "Mm, you know how I get."

This embarrassment was quickly pushed away. Kenichi relaxed with Kaze's playful yet challenging tone. He shifted in his place with furrowed brows, "Training?" Kenichi wasn't at all a prodigy of sorts and he hinted a jest in Kaze's voice, or perhaps it was just the challenge that made his heart jump.

"Oh this?" He shrugged.0 "Boar got me in Pingmay." He winced at the words. It made it sound so much worse than it did. The mission was nearly a flop and his curiosity was still bugged about whether the samples proved useful to Ishio or not. His eyes lifted to Kaze with a playful desperateness, "Oh come on! They some bacteria was turning them into powerhouses." Not to mention the foul liquid creeping from the tree bark. Kenichi didn't entirely feel the need to defend himself, there was an obvious laugh in his voice which was stopped as his friend began to walk away. "W-wait! Fujin!"

He caught up with an awkward half run, "Hey how about the ramen first." A resounding growl broke the loud air within the market and Kenichi's showed a full teeth smile with a shrug. His friend didn't have to worry about the pay, but in all honesty he hadn't eaten yet.