What's your opinion on men's rights activitists?

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's pretty interesting,because depending on who you ask MRAs or men's rights activists are either a group that's been disenfranchised and demonized by feminists and the MSM or knuckle dragging woman haters.

Me?I think just like feminism a discussion about how men are routinely screwed over by the system and how it's practically okay to hate certain men is needed.

Despite what feminists and the mainstream media wants you to believe,they do not own the discussion on equal rights and everybody who is ever discriminated against deserves a seat.

Nagi

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Man act as though he were the shaper and master of language, while in fact language remains the master of man. - Heidegger

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nothing to be honest, they should protest for equal rights as well. Unless peeps think men don't deserve equal rights :|

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
A feminist is someone who strives for equal, decent treatment of men and women. Despite the name being based off of the word feminine, many feminists fight for both men's and women's rights. The thing about men's rights activists, or menimists, is is that they belittle what feminists stand for. They basically exist just as "Oh I don't want you getting this much attention, pay attention to me!"

If you support men and women being treated equally, then you are a feminist. If you are fighting for the equal rights of everyone on the basis of gender and ***, then you are a feminist. It doesn't really matter if you want to identify by that word or not, that's what you are by saying so. As Aziz Ansari put it best:
You must be registered for see images

You don't get to go "I'm a fallupa, not a police officer because I don't like the words police officer."

DeadManWonderLand

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I understand the need for activism because hell sometimes idiots scream the loudest.(Actually,in most cases they scream the loudest,though definitely not in the most cohesive way)

And a good majority treat women as second class still.

However,i think most people grossly misunderstand the principles of feminism.

I adamantly believe we should stop talking about it all together and stop bringing up gender altogether.

You want equality ?

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I didn't realize men were having their rights taking away from them
Unfortunately it's happening,men can be raped and even go to jail like when a woman accuses some guy of raping her..... after sucking his **** while he was unconscious.

They also get no say in the wellbeing of their unborn child,and in some places it's now okay to spew hate speech and discriminate against men.

Shadow Phantasm

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
A feminist is someone who strives for equal, decent treatment of men and women. Despite the name being based off of the word feminine, many feminists fight for both men's and women's rights. The thing about men's rights activists, or menimists, is is that they belittle what feminists stand for. They basically exist just as "Oh I don't want you getting this much attention, pay attention to me!"

If you support men and women being treated equally, then you are a feminist. If you are fighting for the equal rights of everyone on the basis of gender and ***, then you are a feminist. It doesn't really matter if you want to identify by that word or not, that's what you are by saying so. As Aziz Ansari put it best:
You must be registered for see images

You don't get to go "I'm a fallupa, not a police officer because I don't like the words police officer."
Actually that's not what feminism(especially it's current form) is about.

What you're describing is a humanist or egalitarian,most feminists today couldn't give a shit about the rights of anyone but themselves.

They treat trans people like crap,misandry is so goddamn rampant that Emma freaking Watson had to ask why that is the case.

Feminists care about securing rights and more power for themselves only,as evident of how they treat other women that don't agree with them.

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
Actually that's not what feminism(especially it's current form) is about.

What you're describing is a humanist or egalitarian,most feminists today couldn't give a shit about the rights of anyone but themselves.

They treat trans people like crap,misandry is so goddamn rampant that Emma freaking Watson had to ask why that is the case.

Feminists care about securing rights and more power for themselves only,as evident of how they treat other women that don't agree with them.
What you're doing is taking small examples of the population and describing the entire population as them. Are there feminists like this? Yes. Are all feminists like this? No. I have seen feminists fight just as hard for transgender rights as they women's rights.

The core of feminism isn't that they want women to receive special treatment. The core of feminism is that one's gender or *** doesn't give them any special rights over another. The core of REAL feminism is that all genders are equal. Meaning that anything a feminist advocates for for women, they automatically advocate for the other genders as well. If a feminists says they want women to be able to wear what they want with being unjustly judged, or be free from sexual harassment, or have their reports of assault taken seriously, they're automatically saying the same for every gender, *** and orientation.

That's just the way the word works.

CloyEscapade

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Unfortunately it's happening,men can be raped and even go to jail like when a woman accuses some guy of raping her..... after sucking his **** while he was unconscious.

They also get no say in the wellbeing of their unborn child,and in some places it's now okay to spew hate speech and discriminate against men.
Are you going to carry the unborn child