[Discussion] What's the most powerful element in Naruto?

Uverdore9

Elite
Kin
808💸
Kumi
400💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Last edited:
Reactions: Infant

Troi

Legendary
Kin
3,467💸
Kumi
1,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Boil release. Nothing in the manga has the versatility of boil release. Every release is either quick, has raw damaging capabilities or has brute strength.

Boil has all three. In this case of boil release, I am talking about Han’s and Kokuo’s. It has not only raw damage, it has brute strength capability (buffs user) and boosts the user’s speed. On top of that it can also be released and spread near instantaneously given two circumstances. 1: the user builds up the boil element in their body and releases it, or 2: instantaneously heats up the surrounding area.

Now some may argue that variations of lightning release can do this as well, it cannot be done as well as boil or is emphasized in one of the three categories I listed. And unless you’re pulling out Kirin or something of that stature, usually a lightning tech isn’t getting as much AOE as boil release. However, even Kirin isn’t outdoing a Bijuu’s main release.

The only element I think is well rounded enough to be a contender in being the most powerful element in Naruto is wood release. However I shall stick to boil.

• Sad
Reactions: minamoto

minamoto

Supreme
Kin
25,811💸
Kumi
11,914💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Boil release. Nothing in the manga has the versatility of boil release. Every release is either quick, has raw damaging capabilities or has brute strength.

Boil has all three. In this case of boil release, I am talking about Han’s and Kokuo’s. It has not only raw damage, it has brute strength capability (buffs user) and boosts the user’s speed. On top of that it can also be released and spread near instantaneously given two circumstances. 1: the user builds up the boil element in their body and releases it, or 2: instantaneously heats up the surrounding area.

Now some may argue that variations of lightning release can do this as well, it cannot be done as well as boil or is emphasized in one of the three categories I listed. And unless you’re pulling out Kirin or something of that stature, usually a lightning tech isn’t getting as much AOE as boil release. However, even Kirin isn’t outdoing a Bijuu’s main release.

The only element I think is well rounded enough to be a contender in being the most powerful element in Naruto is wood release. However I shall stick to boil.
come on..i can't even drop a vm???..

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I still maintain Wind Style

The fact that it is the only element that we interact with directly and constantly gives people a vulnerability to it that no other element can match. It is the cheapest, most accessible and the quickest element. Earth Style can be limited by flight, but not Wind Style. Water Style can be walled, but Wind Style gets around walls.

Wind Style also has combination benefits with Fire and Water (and Earth, with Dust Storm technique), making it good in support as well.

It also cannot be nullified, as anything that blocks wind would also block the very breath of the opponent.

It is definitely lacking in pure defence, discounting that Boruto villain who used Wind Armour, potency, but its own speed can beat most attacks by getting the castor to stop attacking. A wind wall would also deflect most attacks enough to survive while being cheaper for the defender than the attack of the attacker.

Its pure qualities (cheap, fast, variable) were shown when Temari and Baki cast powerful attacks without needing hand seals. This same factor of a needed element by people allows it to be the only element (besides earth, perhaps) that can be instantly and constantly accessed and therefore cast with no preparation in hand seals. Even when other elements can be stronger in situations, this overall utility is unmatched in my view.

Even among the hereditary powers - which should not count here because they are too inaccessible and expensive - Magnet Style is the closest thing to it but even that is somewhat countered by cancelling out the material in question. For example, covering an area in oil prevents effective usage of sand. No such counter can be found or even attempted for pure air.

kimb

Veteran
Kin
67💸
Kumi
703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I still maintain Wind Style

The fact that it is the only element that we interact with directly and constantly gives people a vulnerability to it that no other element can match. It is the cheapest, most accessible and the quickest element. Earth Style can be limited by flight, but not Wind Style. Water Style can be walled, but Wind Style gets around walls.

Wind Style also has combination benefits with Fire and Water (and Earth, with Dust Storm technique), making it good in support as well.

It also cannot be nullified, as anything that blocks wind would also block the very breath of the opponent.

It is definitely lacking in pure defence, discounting that Boruto villain who used Wind Armour, potency, but its own speed can beat most attacks by getting the castor to stop attacking. A wind wall would also deflect most attacks enough to survive while being cheaper for the defender than the attack of the attacker.

Its pure qualities (cheap, fast, variable) were shown when Temari and Baki cast powerful attacks without needing hand seals. This same factor of a needed element by people allows it to be the only element (besides earth, perhaps) that can be instantly and constantly accessed and therefore cast with no preparation in hand seals. Even when other elements can be stronger in situations, this overall utility is unmatched in my view.

Even among the hereditary powers - which should not count here because they are too inaccessible and expensive - Magnet Style is the closest thing to it but even that is somewhat countered by cancelling out the material in question. For example, covering an area in oil prevents effective usage of sand. No such counter can be found or even attempted for pure air.
Wind style honestly seems like it would be one of the weakest. All wind style is is generating kinetic force in a given direction. And sure, alot of kinetic force can do alot of damage if focused into something like a rasengan or something more idealized like a planet size wave of wind, but that's just it. Just kinetic force. Like if we're taking each nature release and idealizing it to it's fullest capacity, Explosion release is superior to wind release in everyway. Where wind release is moving air with enough force to generate kinetic energy, explosions are rapid devastating releasing of energy itself, and heat which causes more damage. A planetary size explosion > a planetary size wave of wind force. Explosion release is "Wind Pro Edition" lol

But in terms of the most powerful, it's easily Dust release.

"anything that passes through it (or that is passed through by it) is disintegrated on a molecular level."

All the basic elements have weaknesses to other elements, and that extends to KGs
like scorch, which is weak to water still, or ice release which carries over it's weakness to fire, making the degree of effect dependent on temperature. Where one weakness is removed, another remains. That leaves Wood release and Dust release as counter-free. Wood as the added effect of granting the user regenerative abilities, and inherently manipulate and absorb chakra, making it the most powerfully defensive release vs Dust which can disintegrate anything it touches (no caveats), making it the most powerfully offensive release.

Idealized to the fullest capacities, you have the ability to generate vegetation to form physical constructs that can be used for blunt force attacks, the ability to drain all of your opponents chakra, and regenerate from any bodily damage vs a force that makes matter cease to exist. While wood style would be super useful and incredibly cracked at it's fullest capacity, the power to essentially erase matter out of existence to it's fullest capacity is far more broken. And in terms of the actual continuity of Naruto, Dust was deliberately nerfed by having the formation of dust attacks requiring a slow charge up time. Legit, Mu's fight during the 4GNW was just him floating in air charging up one attack for like 7 days LOL. Let any dust user spam dust release like every other nature release style and it would easily be the best.

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Wind style honestly seems like it would be one of the weakest. All wind style is is generating kinetic force in a given direction. And sure, alot of kinetic force can do alot of damage if focused into something like a rasengan or something more idealized like a planet size wave of wind, but that's just it. Just kinetic force. Like if we're taking each nature release and idealizing it to it's fullest capacity, Explosion release is superior to wind release in everyway. Where wind release is moving air with enough force to generate kinetic energy, explosions are rapid devastating releasing of energy itself, and heat which causes more damage. A planetary size explosion > a planetary size wave of wind force. Explosion release is "Wind Pro Edition" lol

But in terms of the most powerful, it's easily Dust release.

"anything that passes through it (or that is passed through by it) is disintegrated on a molecular level."

All the basic elements have weaknesses to other elements, and that extends to KGs like scorch, which is weak to water still, or ice release which carries over it's weakness to fire, making the degree of effect dependent on temperature. Where one weakness is removed, another remains. That leaves Wood release and Dust release as counter-free. Wood as the added effect of granting the user regenerative abilities, and inherently manipulate and absorb chakra, making it the most powerfully defensive release vs Dust which can disintegrate anything it touches (no caveats), making it the most powerfully offensive release.

Idealized to the fullest capacities, you have the ability to generate vegetation to form physical constructs that can be used for blunt force attacks, the ability to drain all of your opponents chakra, and regenerate from any bodily damage vs a force that makes matter cease to exist. While wood style would be super useful and incredibly cracked at it's fullest capacity, the power to essentially erase matter out of existence to it's fullest capacity is far more broken. And in terms of the actual continuity of Naruto, Dust was deliberately nerfed by having the formation of dust attacks requiring a slow charge up time. Legit, Mu's fight during the 4GNW was just him floating in air charging up one attack for like 7 days LOL. Let any dust user spam dust release like every other nature release style and it would easily be the best.
Seems more of a difference in standards/values than a disagreement.

Your points are based on complexity and potency per shot while mine focus on application and utility. I do think Wind can be extremely potent, but I get your point

Reactions: Uverdore9