Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I would suggest a PS3 although it's more expensive than a 360 or a PSP, at least it is quality and its graphics are amazing. However the games for it are quite expensive as well, so make sure you can afford it :eek:

Senju Kutoki

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
psp....because you have a lot of good games and you can put with something at tv.....and is PORTABLE.COOL games:
1.naruto ultimate ninja heroes 1and 2
2.shippuden legends:akatsuki rising

Raiden

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Depends what you want, if you wanna be able to play anywhere go for the psp. If you acually want a good console PS3 or 360.

The 360 has better games, and there is very little difference graphically, it varies from game to game and in alot of cases the 360 actually looks better. (If anyone wants to argue this i will refer you to an article on gamespot and you will be raped) If you wanna game online the 360 is the one to have, unless your friends have PS3s and you wanna play with them. There is however the reliabilty issue.

As for the PS3, more expensive but more reliable. You also have the bonus of a Blu-Ray player which can be quite expensive. Unfortunately it's selection of games cant compare to the 360s.

You might also want to consider what type of games or what games you want to play as that could be very important when deciding.

Renegade87

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
as a naruto fan i'd but the ps3 just for naruto ninja storm.
best naruto game ever!
and overall the ps3 is a better quality product.
how many 360's have broken down since the realease???
i'd bet its way more then the ps3.
only thing you gotta ask is whether or not the ps3 provides enough games you like.

Uzamaki Naruto-Kun

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'd say buy a ps3 because i baught a 360 brand new and within say a month i had the ring of death even though i had the warranty i just threw the 360 out of the window i have a ps3 now and ive had no problems with it. ^_^

BAN_KAI

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I would buy PS3 because all the best games are for PS3 like Final Fantasy , Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil , Bio Shock and many more

Raiden

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I would buy PS3 because all the best games are for PS3 like Final Fantasy , Metal Gear Solid, Resident Evil , Bio Shock and many more
Final Fantasy 13, Resi 5 and Bioshock are all on 360 as well dude
Bioshock was out ages before on 360
Get your facts straight

zureikat

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ps3 ftw read this plz :D
A third of XBOX 360 (33%) are malfunctioning right from the start. PS3 return rate is only around 0.2%. Despite some people say, that new 360 has no breakdown issues - just visit Xbox section of Yahoo answers and see for yourself an amount of complaints.
2). PS3 has 8 (7+1) kernels in Cell processor, Xbox 360 -only 3.
3). PS3 uses advanced tech called Blu-Ray, one disc can store up to 54 gb (in the future - up to 200 gb), Xbox 360 - regular dual layer DVD-9 (8.5GB). It's possible to get HD-DVD (max. - 30GB) for 360, but it'll cost you around 180$, in this case Xbox is going to be MUCH more expensive, than PS3.
4). Calculations per sec - PS3 - 51-billion-dot-product-operati ... per second
Xbox 360 - 33.6-billion-dot-product-opera ... per second
5). PS3 has full media support - USBs, built-in 4 slots card reader (except 20GB and 40GB versions), ability to use printer and so on.
Xbox 360 has USBs and only 2 memory slots.
6). PS3 supports up to 7 Bluetooth Controllers
Xbox 360 - up to 4 Controllers
7). PS3 - wi-fi included (except 20 gb version)
Xbox 360 - wi-fi will cost you around 100 $
8). From the first technical sight - graphics are stronger in 360 (it has a stronger graphics chip - Xenos), BUT PS3 can use it's Cell CPU for graphics too, which gives you better graphics in total. PS3 uses a weaker RSX chip, that was developed by Nvidia exclusively for PS3. RSX runs on 550 Mhz. It's difficult to compare their graphics, because 360 has a video chip with totally different structure and operating memory is divided differently in both consoles. Xbox isn't that versatile in dividing tasks between CPU and GPU as PS3. That's why PS3 exclusives look better than 360's exclusives.
9). PS3 uses technology from AGEIA company. It does to physics of the game same thing GPU (videocard processor) does to graphics. This thing is on sale for PC(special card). The price is around 350$. There is no such thing in 360.
10). Xbox 360 is widely known for so-called "red ring of death" problem - it gets overheated easily. My PS3 was running for more than 15 hours non-stop with no problems. Sometimes Xbox 360 becomes so overheated, that thermopaste on CPU melts, drips on motherboard and successfully shortcircuits it. That's why in some countries people call Xbox 360 "Coffin 360".
11). Besides all of this, I've seen disassembled Xbox 360 - regular PC architecture - Billy Gates is an uninventive nerd (as usual).
When I saw disassembled PS3 - it was a surprise - smart architecture, good cooling (don't buy external PS3 coolers - they make everything worse - original system is good), etc.
12). In 2008 PS3 will get more than 300 games, including Metal Gear Solid 4, The Agent and other great exclusives. Here is the good link to the future PS3 releases. ......
13). PS3 online is free, Xbox 360 - you have to pay.
14). There were reports, that 360 scratches discs. No reports on that in PS3.
15). The funniest thing, that right now there are no games for PS3, that show full potential of the console. Biggest games weigh only 25 GB (Xbox 360 will need more than 3 discs even for those).
16). On PS3 you can install other OS, such as Linux Yellow Dog, Ubuntu and others. Sony officially lets you do it. There is no such thing in 360.
17). PS3 HDD can be replaced easily with any 2.5" SATA 5400 RPM HDD (used in laptops). 250 GB will cost you around 170$. In 360 you have to buy exclusive HDD, where 20GB will cost you 100$.
18).Sony expects PS3 to stay on the market for, at least, 7-10 years. Also Sony reduces price now. There is a cheaper 40GB version of PS3.
19).Sony constantly upgrades PS3 software (free updates for OS) - you get new functions and improvements.
20). PS3 controller (sixaxis) has a motion control - you move controller - game responds. Wii has it, Xbox 360 - doesn't. PS3 is getting rumble controller (Dualshock 3) in 1st quarter 2008, Japan already has it. On I saw those controllers on sale 50$ and up (unofficial import)
21).On PS3 you can help sick people by running Folding Home project. Wii and Xbox 360 didn't even think about it.
22).New 40GB is 399$ or 399 euro (depends on the region) - it has no backwards compatibility with PS2 games , has 2 USBs instead of 4, no built-in card reader, but it's the same PS3, strong, reliable, less noisy, different cooling system. The price is friendly.
23). But, to be just, I'm not a PS3 fanboy, so (despite I own one) hear this - PS3games (exclusives) are very hard to develop due to complicated Cell's architecture. We have to wait till developers will figure out how to develop games properly. Sometimes multiplatform games run not so good on PS3 due to the same developing issues - it's hard for developers to get a grip on such advanced technologies.

Devlin

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
To the guy above me....sony had to stop release of the ps3 due to lots of faults on them 40/60gb version of it?Which they no longer sell because of the fault they had to re-issue an bigger memory version of it,xbox 360 however did not.On the originals when they came out they had a problem but this was fixed.Me personally I have an xbox 360 elite (the black one) it is better as it has a mass of memory on it close enough to an actual computer,I haven't had a single problem with it.It may be more expensive then the normal 360 but well worth it(also still ends up cheaper than the ps3!:eek:) game variety pawns ps3 completley aswell as online gaming.And if anyone would like to argue this with me please do as I can point you in the direction of articles which show sales figures....and guess what internationally xbox 360 pawns ps3......the only console that beats it recently is the wii which as we all know has no game variety and isn't worth it if they are the type of games that she is after.So on a whole xbox 360 wins and is my suggestion.U_U

Raiden

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
ps3 ftw read this plz :D
A third of XBOX 360 (33%) are malfunctioning right from the start. PS3 return rate is only around 0.2%. Despite some people say, that new 360 has no breakdown issues - just visit Xbox section of Yahoo answers and see for yourself an amount of complaints.
2). PS3 has 8 (7+1) kernels in Cell processor, Xbox 360 -only 3.
3). PS3 uses advanced tech called Blu-Ray, one disc can store up to 54 gb (in the future - up to 200 gb), Xbox 360 - regular dual layer DVD-9 (8.5GB). It's possible to get HD-DVD (max. - 30GB) for 360, but it'll cost you around 180$, in this case Xbox is going to be MUCH more expensive, than PS3.
4). Calculations per sec - PS3 - 51-billion-dot-product-operati ... per second
Xbox 360 - 33.6-billion-dot-product-opera ... per second
5). PS3 has full media support - USBs, built-in 4 slots card reader (except 20GB and 40GB versions), ability to use printer and so on.
Xbox 360 has USBs and only 2 memory slots.
6). PS3 supports up to 7 Bluetooth Controllers
Xbox 360 - up to 4 Controllers
7). PS3 - wi-fi included (except 20 gb version)
Xbox 360 - wi-fi will cost you around 100 $
8). From the first technical sight - graphics are stronger in 360 (it has a stronger graphics chip - Xenos), BUT PS3 can use it's Cell CPU for graphics too, which gives you better graphics in total. PS3 uses a weaker RSX chip, that was developed by Nvidia exclusively for PS3. RSX runs on 550 Mhz. It's difficult to compare their graphics, because 360 has a video chip with totally different structure and operating memory is divided differently in both consoles. Xbox isn't that versatile in dividing tasks between CPU and GPU as PS3. That's why PS3 exclusives look better than 360's exclusives.
9). PS3 uses technology from AGEIA company. It does to physics of the game same thing GPU (videocard processor) does to graphics. This thing is on sale for PC(special card). The price is around 350$. There is no such thing in 360.
10). Xbox 360 is widely known for so-called "red ring of death" problem - it gets overheated easily. My PS3 was running for more than 15 hours non-stop with no problems. Sometimes Xbox 360 becomes so overheated, that thermopaste on CPU melts, drips on motherboard and successfully shortcircuits it. That's why in some countries people call Xbox 360 "Coffin 360".
11). Besides all of this, I've seen disassembled Xbox 360 - regular PC architecture - Billy Gates is an uninventive nerd (as usual).
When I saw disassembled PS3 - it was a surprise - smart architecture, good cooling (don't buy external PS3 coolers - they make everything worse - original system is good), etc.
12). In 2008 PS3 will get more than 300 games, including Metal Gear Solid 4, The Agent and other great exclusives. Here is the good link to the future PS3 releases. ......
13). PS3 online is free, Xbox 360 - you have to pay.
14). There were reports, that 360 scratches discs. No reports on that in PS3.
15). The funniest thing, that right now there are no games for PS3, that show full potential of the console. Biggest games weigh only 25 GB (Xbox 360 will need more than 3 discs even for those).
16). On PS3 you can install other OS, such as Linux Yellow Dog, Ubuntu and others. Sony officially lets you do it. There is no such thing in 360.
17). PS3 HDD can be replaced easily with any 2.5" SATA 5400 RPM HDD (used in laptops). 250 GB will cost you around 170$. In 360 you have to buy exclusive HDD, where 20GB will cost you 100$.
18).Sony expects PS3 to stay on the market for, at least, 7-10 years. Also Sony reduces price now. There is a cheaper 40GB version of PS3.
19).Sony constantly upgrades PS3 software (free updates for OS) - you get new functions and improvements.
20). PS3 controller (sixaxis) has a motion control - you move controller - game responds. Wii has it, Xbox 360 - doesn't. PS3 is getting rumble controller (Dualshock 3) in 1st quarter 2008, Japan already has it. On I saw those controllers on sale 50$ and up (unofficial import)
21).On PS3 you can help sick people by running Folding Home project. Wii and Xbox 360 didn't even think about it.
22).New 40GB is 399$ or 399 euro (depends on the region) - it has no backwards compatibility with PS2 games , has 2 USBs instead of 4, no built-in card reader, but it's the same PS3, strong, reliable, less noisy, different cooling system. The price is friendly.
23). But, to be just, I'm not a PS3 fanboy, so (despite I own one) hear this - PS3games (exclusives) are very hard to develop due to complicated Cell's architecture. We have to wait till developers will figure out how to develop games properly. Sometimes multiplatform games run not so good on PS3 due to the same developing issues - it's hard for developers to get a grip on such advanced technologies.
*claps*

Excellent copy and pasting skills :rolleyes: Wonder if you know what any of it actually means. You cleary don't have an argument of your own so you resort to regurgitating bias and false facts. Thanks, i'm sure that really helped with her decision :rolleyes:

And i'm sure you'll come up with some petty insults and argue with me now, but keep it in VMs please, shes looking for help, not arguments

Last edited:

musicgenesis

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
go for the ps3 if u rly like dynasty warriors or some rpg game. personally i played the game on ps3 but it can be a little boring after some time.. >< but then again this is juz my opinion..it still depends on yr own preference.

Zanji

Elite
Kin
8💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well Jessie it really depends on the type of gamer you are...

If you want to go Sony they specialize with RPG games, Graphics, and Movies

While Microsoft makes their fortune with X-Box and all of its shooting games

Yes all of these people are saying 360 owns PS3 in games yadda yadda yadda but 360 has been out longer. Also the 360 has had major faults of its own that the ps3 didn't have such as the infamous Ring of Death that screwed every owner over.

I am at a game store every day where they fix broken systems and what I see is more 360's come in to be fixed than anything out there. So if you want a good RPG reliable system go with Sony

But between the PS3 and the PSP that depends on if you want to be able to travel while playing games, watching movies, and listening to music. Or stay at home and play games, watch movies, and listen to music

Devlin

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Well Jessie it really depends on the type of gamer you are...

If you want to go Sony they specialize with RPG games, Graphics, and Movies

While Microsoft makes their fortune with X-Box and all of its shooting games

Yes all of these people are saying 360 owns PS3 in games yadda yadda yadda but 360 has been out longer. Also the 360 has had major faults of its own that the ps3 didn't have such as the infamous Ring of Death that screwed every owner over.

I am at a game store every day where they fix broken systems and what I see is more 360's come in to be fixed than anything out there. So if you want a good RPG reliable system go with Sony

But between the PS3 and the PSP that depends on if you want to be able to travel while playing games, watching movies, and listening to music. Or stay at home and play games, watch movies, and listen to music
The only reason xbox 360 has been out longer?.......Ps3 put their release date back due to faults plus buying the rights to blue ray....;)

ZonDer

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Depends what you want, if you wanna be able to play anywhere go for the psp. If you acually want a good console PS3 or 360.

The 360 has better games, and there is very little difference graphically, it varies from game to game and in alot of cases the 360 actually looks better. (If anyone wants to argue this i will refer you to an article on gamespot and you will be raped) If you wanna game online the 360 is the one to have, unless your friends have PS3s and you wanna play with them. There is however the reliabilty issue.

As for the PS3, more expensive but more reliable. You also have the bonus of a Blu-Ray player which can be quite expensive. Unfortunately it's selection of games cant compare to the 360s.

You might also want to consider what type of games or what games you want to play as that could be very important when deciding.
Yes, give me an articale on gamespot where it shows real graphic difference between PS3 and xbox, because actually graphics were tested on 48" plasma TV and PS3 won. Also, don't forget to point out that soon new xbox is coming out and all the current xbox will be trash, because they lack bluray player, what PS3 already has and new xbox games will come out on bluray aswell. xbox will be dead soon, so either go for PS3 or PSP.

Reactions: Uzamaki Naruto-Kun