Υαmí

Legendary
Kin
20💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lately, I have been watch a lot of John Hughes films. I find all of these films to have a an aura that other modern films don't have. I've come to think that it could be the realism portrayed by the characters, the soundtracks, or the break out dances. I wasn't alive in the 80's, so it's hard for me to interpret how it would feel like to watch films in that time period. So, I would like to hear the thoughts of the people who have also watched these films and or were alive during this time period. Thanks.

Last edited:

chopstickchakra

Legendary
Kin
4,684💸
Kumi
129💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Personally the only Hughes movies I like are Ferris Bueller and Breakfast Club. What Zylo said has some weight to it, becuase the studios couldn't do as much behind the scenes as today the actors and script had to carry the movie, today a lot of movies rely on the visuals rather than the body of the film. Not all 80's movies are great some are bad and really bad when trying to be watched for the first time now.

Howard

Supreme
Kin
1,430💸
Kumi
4,464💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's the montages take Rocky IV for example, 31.9% montage. Heck all the Rocky movies are great examples.

Ferris Bueller, opens with a montage monologue then there's the museum montage. Breakfast Club has "Don't You Forget About Me", also the dancing. Try to name an 80s movie without a montage, now try to name a recent movie with a montage you remember. I mean let's be honest anyone who has seen Rocky remembers the montages, anyone who has seen Breakfast Club, knows "Don't You Forget About Me" and their polite "**** you", and anyone who saw Ferris Bueller's Day Off, remembers the opening montage/monologue where he talks like a sociopath about how to skip school. That's not even mentioning the Karate Kid cause "You're the Best Around." Every movie where the protagonist went shopping had a shopping montage. Ghostbusters, Dirty Dancing, Scarface the list goes on and on.

Source: Raised by television.

Last edited: