What is your solution to the "can't find a job" problem?

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Baiscally, the premise is, that some if not a lot of people can't work because there are no jobs for them, maybe they lack education, they have no skills and no contacts or experiences so nobody wants to hire them no matter how hard they want to work.

Are they doomed to become homeless people or live on welfare programs or become thieves?

What would you do if someone looked for a job but couldn't find any no matter how hard that person looked?

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Baiscally, the premise is, that some if not a lot of people can't work because there are no jobs for them, maybe they lack education, they have no skills and no contacts or experiences so nobody wants to hire them no matter how hard they want to work.

Are they doomed to become homeless people or live on welfare programs or become thieves?

What would you do if someone looked for a job but couldn't find any no matter how hard that person looked?
There are always jobs, it's more a question of whether they fit with the expectations of the individual. If they don't fit, then an individual is likely not to do them and will make up excuses.

A few examples, excluding those with legitimate disabilities.

Let's say there's a cleaning job and it pays minimum wage. It doesn't tie in with your expectations, would you do it or rather stay unemployed? Very few would take the job, many would rather claim welfare because they consider the job beneath them.

Then there are jobs like rubbish collection, jobs which may seem embarrassing to people and they wouldn't do them. They don't want to be seen by people doing such things.

There are jobs that require hard grafting like labouring on a building sight. Many people would rather not hard graft for their salary and instead dream of an ideal office job.

Then there are jobs that people want to do, but don't have the right level of experience or skills for them. However, many jobs also have apprenticeship programs. Do people want to go through the route of learning the skills over a few years or do they want the role instantly?

Then there are jobs that require education, however there's nothing stopping many of us getting that in the West. Or doing lesser jobs to tie us over while we acquire it. It largely comes down to planning and devoting time. If we don't then it's down to our expectations vs reality. Many of us are lazy and prefer an easy ride, because studying is another form of grafting/hardwork.

Those that fit the examples above will likely end up as welfare recipients, and complaining about the lack of jobs. Some of them will become homeless, that will largely come down to spending habits vs welfare payments. If they can't balance the books or make cuts were necessary then they will become homeless. A very small minority of them will become thieves, due to wanting things or wanting to flog them to fuel wants and desires.

If somebody looked for a job and couldn't find one, I would ask what are you looking for, where are you looking and why are you looking for it? Perhaps they're setting their expectations to high.
I would ask them to look at the qualifications vs the requriements. If the person is finding it difficult, I would ask them to lower their expectations and take a lesser job, while waiting for something better to come along.

Then there are those who may not be able to get the lesser job, because there aren't any. For them they would like have to move, to somewhere where there is employment. This will come down to needs vs wants and desires.

Note: The other solution for places where there aren't jobs is on economic policy, local reform, facilitating the creation of the micro economy, entrepreneurship, encouraging the establishment of co-ops. This would create a micro economy and help faciliate the creation of jobs.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There are always jobs, it's more a question of whether they fit with the expectations of the individual. If they don't fit, then an individual is likely not to do them and will make up excuses.

A few examples, excluding those with legitimate disabilities.

Let's say there's a cleaning job and it pays minimum wage. It doesn't tie in with your expectations, would you do it or rather stay unemployed? Very few would take the job, many would rather claim welfare because they consider the job beneath them.

Then there are jobs like rubbish collection, jobs which may seem embarrassing to people and they wouldn't do them. They don't want to be seen by people doing such things.

There are jobs that require hard grafting like labouring on a building sight. Many people would rather not hard graft for their salary and instead dream of an ideal office job.

Then there are jobs that people want to do, but don't have the right level of experience or skills for them. However, many jobs also have apprenticeship programs. Do people want to go through the route of learning the skills over a few years or do they want the role instantly?

Then there are jobs that require education, however there's nothing stopping many of us getting that in the West. Or doing lesser jobs to tie us over while we acquire it. It largely comes down to planning and devoting time. If we don't then it's down to our expectations vs reality. Many of us are lazy and prefer an easy ride, because studying is another form of grafting/hardwork.

Those that fit the examples above will likely end up as welfare recipients, and complaining about the lack of jobs. Some of them will become homeless, that will largely come down to spending habits vs welfare payments. If they can't balance the books or make cuts were necessary then they will become homeless. A very small minority of them will become thieves, due to wanting things or wanting to flog them to fuel wants and desires.

If somebody looked for a job and couldn't find one, I would ask what are you looking for, where are you looking and why are you looking for it? Perhaps they're setting their expectations to high.
I would ask them to look at the qualifications vs the requriements. If the person is finding it difficult, I would ask them to lower their expectations and take a lesser job, while waiting for something better to come along.

Then there are those who may not be able to get the lesser job, because there aren't any. For them they would like have to move, to somewhere where there is employment. This will come down to needs vs wants and desires.

Note: The other solution for places where there aren't jobs is on economic policy, local reform, facilitating the creation of the micro economy, entrepreneurship, encouraging the establishment of co-ops. This would create a micro economy and help faciliate the creation of jobs.
Thank you for answering.

I don't doubt people complain and make up excuses if they arent' lucky with their job hunting but it does happen that people genuinly can't find jobs, especially here right now.
I think it's sad some jobs are embarassing, now wonder people rather become youtubers, that's so dumb, people should repsect jobs as long as they are jobs and people shouldn't need to feel embarassed.

Education can take a long time though, if you lack the basics it will take years and years plus you have to succeed as well, and if it's a higher education it's not enough just to pass the tests you have to get good at it so people will want to hire you.

I don't reallt know what a micro economy is, but I think job creation is amazing.
Post automatically merged:

Reactions: salamander uchiha

salamander uchiha

Legendary
Kin
9,043💸
Kumi
6,082💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Thank you for answering.

I don't doubt people complain and make up excuses if they arent' lucky with their job hunting but it does happen that people genuinly can't find jobs, especially here right now.
I think it's sad some jobs are embarassing, now wonder people rather become youtubers, that's so dumb, people should repsect jobs as long as they are jobs and people shouldn't need to feel embarassed.
That's the thing they may have a specific job they're looking for instead of broadening their search perameters. In the circumstances you mentioned, they shojld take whatever job there is until they find something that suits them.

It's a shame, but that's human nature for you. Only when somebody recognises it and learns to prioritise can they change their reality.

Education can take a long time though, if you lack the basics it will take years and years plus you have to succeed as well, and if it's a higher education it's not enough just to pass the tests you have to get good at it so people will want to hire you.
That's why you work while you're studying and look for internships. You'll have less time for other things, however the trade off will be worth it in the long term.

I don't reallt know what a micro economy is, but I think job creation is amazing.
Post automatically merged:
A micro economy is usually the local economy of an area. If you get it right and encourage trade, youbcreate jobs, increase trade and prosperity. You usally draw people and those looking for a pice of the pie in and more jobs follow. Evenetually you'll end up creatinf a vibrant and flourishing society. In lesser places it's usually best to start with co-operatives. There are a few documentaries on Youtube about co-ops, they come in shapes forms and sizes. They can usually pool the resources to get the ball rolling. However, if you're going to focus on such things then you need local banking(preferrably an investment model that way the people are vested in the success of the ventures), major banks will extract money out of the micro economy and send it elsewhere.

Reactions: Chikombo