[Question] What is the limit of handing out reputation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uchiha Josephus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Every once in a while I'll max out the amount of reputation I can give out.

So when I go to give someone rep and it'll say something like "You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later."

So I'm just curious what the limit is. Is it based on the number of times you give rep in one day, or is it a set amount of reputation (in other words, people with greater rep power "run out" faster)?

Anyhow, not a big deal or anything, it only happens every once in a while on days where I spend waaaaay too much time on here. :D

That is all. Carry on and have some ice cream! :ice:

Reactions: Scooby Doo

Kages

Legendary
Kin
-3💸
Kumi
-3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was thinking this too

EDIT- Never mind I read and it's how many rep you give other people cause you need to spread it around.

The real question is can a rep bar reach a limit which I was wondering :scorps:

Uchiha Josephus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You sure it's not ove- ... nah, I'll leave it be xd

I have no idea but, as Drizzeh said (I think), it should be a time limit to stop rep whores from repping everyone just to rep their accomplices again. U_U
Well that's certainly a good idea. :) So that makes it sound like there's a set number of times you can give out rep withing a 24 hour period. Or something.

Reactions: kakashi owns all

Uchiha Josephus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
the one i hate is when they rep you, say something insulting and never post on that thread. Is that called rep trolling? i believe
People do that? That sucks. :|

And I think you mean negative rep. Otherwise they're insulting you while giving you positive rep xd

There is.
In order to rep someone again, you have to rep a certain amt of people first. U_U
Yeah, well I knew that you have to "spread" rep before you can give someone reputation again, but I'm saying I'm about to give rep to someone I've never repped (sp?) before and it gives me that message.

VongolaX

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People do that? That sucks. :|

And I think you mean negative rep. Otherwise they're insulting you while giving you positive rep xd

Yeah, well I knew that you have to "spread" rep before you can give someone reputation again, but I'm saying I'm about to give rep to someone I've never repped (sp?) before and it gives me that message.
ya my bad it was a neg and some profanity on top. :D

Drizzy

Legendary
Kin
10💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The user must have 20 reputation points before being able to affect the reputation of another member.
New users must reach 20 rep before their reputation hits count on others.
The user cannot rep another member multiple times in a row, you must spread reputation before being able to rep the person again. Note that spreading rep just to rep the same person again is against the rules as well.

Just reminding you all too that spreading rep just to spread it to get rid of the rep spam limit is against the rules too. There is a reason why you aren't allowed to rep the same user multiple times. So please only use the rep when you have a valid reason to do so. It would make the base a more fun place for everyone, where rep would actually mean something other than a spreading NB STD.

Uchiha Josephus

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Actually I'm pretty sure It's over nine thousand!!
See, I stopped myself but then you had to go ahead and say it. xd

keep coughing hiruzen fanboy, it had nothing to do with naruto. It was a onepiece thread
Alright guys, cool it. :|

The user must have 20 reputation points before being able to affect the reputation of another member.

The user cannot rep another member multiple times in a row, you must spread reputation before being able to rep the person again. Note that spreading rep just to rep the same person again is against the rules as well.
Yeah, I get all that. But I've done it twice now in my time here where I'm giving out rep to folks and then suddenly I have to wait 24 hours even though I'm not repping the same people over and over.

So I'm guessing there's a spam filter of some sort. Thus my question is what is the limit? 20 reps per day? A maximum 25 reputation points handed out per day? Or something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.