[Multi-Console] what is exactly is final fantasy about?

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why play a game and not know whats going on...? :| To be honest it seems blah, less value than COD to me and people to ranting on that game hard so its useless xD!
Okay, first, ignore everything this fool said. COD has no value, and final fantasy is 10x the game COD is.

Second, to answer your question, Final Fantasy is not one game. Each game are their own stand-alone game, unless titled otherwise (like final fantasy 13 and final fantasy 13 part 2). Most earlier FF games were strictly RPG games, so if you played those earlier games its not hard to understand why you had troubles following the story. The newer ones however should be easier to follow, at least once you accept that each game is its own story with no relevance to the others outside the bare basics (attacks, spells, summons, etc).

Final Fantasy 7 is regarded as the best in the series, though i've never played it as its a very old game (around ps1) and never got the chance to play it. Final Fantasy 10 was a very fun game (ps2, and I believe an HD remake for ps3 is coming out). I can't say much about the story lines though because 10 I played when I was younger and dont remember much about it. The one final fantasy game I DO remember is Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core (psp). Arguably one of the best psp games and my favorite final fantasy game to date.

Last edited:

From the Dark Spire

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah I never really understood it either. I guess what Cfighter above me said. Take his word for it.

The only thing about final fantasy I know about is Cloud and Sephiroth lhh... They're not really diverse with those type of games in terms of storyline, so it's hard to grasp an understanding of it.

Hypemaster

Elite
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Okay, first, ignore everything this fool said. COD has no value, and final fantasy is 10x the game COD is.

Second, to answer your question, Final Fantasy is not one game. Each game are their own stand-alone game, unless titled otherwise (like final fantasy 13 and final fantasy 13 part 2). Most earlier FF games were strictly RPG games, so if you played those earlier games its not hard to understand why you had troubles following the story. The newer ones however should be easier to follow, at least once you accept that each game is its own story with no relevance to the others outside the bare basics (attacks, spells, summons, etc).

Final Fantasy 7 is regarded as the best in the series, though i've never played it as its a very old game (around ps1) and never got the chance to play it. Final Fantasy 10 was a very fun game (ps2, and I believe an HD remake for ps3 is coming out). I can't say much about the story lines though because 10 I played when I was younger and dont remember much about it. The one final fantasy game I DO remember is Final Fantasy 7: Crisis Core (psp). Arguably one of the best psp games and my favorite final fantasy game to date.
Arguable between that and FF6, and yeah FF10 did have a great storyline but anyways pretty much what this guy said OP.

A crystal theme and some reoccuring monsters and names are about the only thing in common between all the final fantasy games. Just don't think that the next final fantasy game is a sequel to the previous for they each have their own individual world and story.

Why play a game and not know whats going on...? :| To be honest it seems blah, less value than COD to me and people to ranting on that game hard so its useless xD!
Did you seriously just compare FF to COD?

Last edited:

Perception

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I think FF IX is underrated. To get everything out of a FF game you can't rush through it. Take your time, and take breaks if you need to.

edo tensai wilmaso

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I love FF they are all the same ... The storyline is going to be different in each game because it is set on a different time and a different place with different characters in each. The game is just about being anti-religion when you notice the villains and the environment .. They are holy like ... and portrayed as Angels and gods. So basically the message is that these religions aren't really real but man made. But they also give the message about being spiritual beings ( notice every game has spirits and those spirits guide them)