[Discussion] what are your favorite ethnic foods?

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You must be registered for see images

I wonder how many people can guess what this is, and where it comes from?

Had it this morning, just my own twist on it.(not the picture)

ONLY people from where I'm from, or around/associated with it, will be familiar this particular breakfast food.

Last edited:

Guntah

Elite
Kin
148💸
Kumi
78💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Brazil's really good at these small bar foods you'd eat for a snack over a proper meal, second only to Spain.

Personal favorite being a Coxinha.

Basically a deep-fried dumpling filled with shredded chicken and sometimes cheese.

Reactions: Princess Kaguya

kimb

Veteran
Kin
67💸
Kumi
703💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I wonder how many people can guess what this is, and where it comes from?

Had it this morning, just my own twist on it.(not the picture)

ONLY people from where I'm from, or around/associated with it, will be familiar this particular breakfast food.
Ayy, cremita! Idk what place that's from specifically, but my Mom's from the dominican republic and she used to make cremita for me when I was a kid with jiffy cornmeal. I never had it with corn though, she usually made it with bananna or chunks of mango in it.

Dreckerplayer

Elite
Kin
26💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ayy, cremita! Idk what place that's from specifically, but my Mom's from the dominican republic and she used to make cremita for me when I was a kid with jiffy cornmeal. I never had it with corn though, she usually made it with bananna or chunks of mango in it.
Ahh not quite! You're from the west indies, too, i see.

What you're talking about is what we call "cornmeal porridge" in the broken-english speaking countries. With cornmeal porridge we use "cornmeal", not what you see in there.

Can't give it away, and it's not the regular straight up corn, either.It's a different "type".

Fountain

Elite
Kin
13💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Pizza, Fish Fry, French Fries, Sloppy Joe, Hot Dogs, Burgers, Hamburger Helper, Pretty much all American food. Idk where pizza originated from tbh, some say Italy, other france Germany etc. so w/e, people eat pizza a lot here in America.

Asian: Almost all of it.

Mexican Food: I like tacos, Burritos, Chimichangas, Churros, Arroz Mexicano

And Puerto Rican Food (homeland): Mofongo, Arroz con abichuelas y tostones, Pasteles, Pastelon, Tostones de pana, Biandas (or viandas, idk how to spell it), Pan de panaderia.

I also really like Italian Soup, and some other Italian foods i can't remember rn.

This is beer braised vegetable soup. It's famous in my country.
That looks really good.

Sakura Michiko

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Louisiana food (cajun/creole). We make really good food here in Lousiana like gumbo, crawfish etouffee, jambalaya, shrimp creole.

JStar King

Elite
Kin
3💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Louisiana food (cajun/creole). We make really good food here in Lousiana like gumbo, crawfish etouffee, jambalaya, shrimp creole.

Yess! I love the food in Lousiana, especially the fresh seafood. Crab is my fav.