What are you thoughts on Disney buying Fox ?

Cfighter

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rather see Disney do the world a favor and buy Sony. Or at least the film studio side of Sony, they're doing fine with what they have with Playstation. I think the X-Men films are just ok, but at least Fox has the common sense to try new things within the Superhero genre. I just saw Thor Ragnarok last night, and while it was funny it was the exact same movie Marvel/Disney has made since the first Iron Man film.

Styles

Legendary
Kin
16💸
Kumi
9💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Rather see Disney do the world a favor and buy Sony. Or at least the film studio side of Sony, they're doing fine with what they have with Playstation. I think the X-Men films are just ok, but at least Fox has the common sense to try new things within the Superhero genre. I just saw Thor Ragnarok last night, and while it was funny it was the exact same movie Marvel/Disney has made since the first Iron Man film.
That Thor movie was lit imo. A bit too much comedy tho.

OT would suck. Fox is doing good with what they have now like the gifted and other stuff. While Disney just meh.

Chikombo

Elite
Kin
9,371💸
Kumi
1,003💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Maybe if Fox runs out of ideas for the X-men in the future it would be cool if Disney owned them, but it seems like Deadpool and Logan would be movies that could never happen then.

Wtf are you serious if so that's a good thing marvel movies are great and maybe fox news can finally be truthful At least a bit more
They had talks about it, some reports say, but the talks are dead as of now at least, Disney wants to launch their own sreaming service to rival netflix and to put all their properties there instead of on netflix and stuff, so part of the purchase would likely not just be about marvel properties but about getting more tv on there like the simpsons.

I think people might riot if they wanna make deadpool pg lol.

Hulk is still universal so they can't make standalone movies, and Spiderman has characters that are with Sony. If Marvel had never gone bankrupt like if they had been owened by something else then there wouldn't have been any other studos making them.

Last edited:

Ansatsuken

Supreme
Kin
4,798💸
Kumi
649💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm toward diversity and not oligopoly. So Disney intention to acquires Fox Film studio and entertainment division is not acceptable and need to be block by anti-competitive committee. They(Disney) are hindering competition.

Similar to Broadcom attempts to buy Qualcomm.