Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Are there other college/university students here? If so what are you majoring in and where are you studying? How has studenf life been for you?

I'm currently studying in a university of applied sciences to get my bachelor's degree on emergency nursing. Which means paramedic. So far I'm loving this life. Who wouldn't? You're studying something that interests you. At the same time you meet alot of new people and there are different fun events taking place all the time. You don't have alot of money but you get by and you always have money for beer. Besides best things in life are free, right?

Last edited:

Reraru

Legendary
Kin
11💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
High school and studying science subjects for now. I want to be a P.H.D but I also have interests in genetics and computer science. I am so confused...

Last edited:

Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
High school. I want to be a P.H.D but I also have interests in genetics and computer science. I am so confused...
You want to be a philosophy teacher?

If both interest you equally, imo you should try to look at it from the financial point of view. Meaning which profession would pay more. My money is on genetics and computer science. Also I don't know what kind of university system you guys have there but is it possible to study both at the same time, while majoring only in the other ?

Reraru

Legendary
Kin
11💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You want to be a philosophy teacher?

If you want to study both as much as the other, imo you should try to look at it from the financial point of view. Meaning which profession would pay more. My money is on genetics and computer science. Also I don't what kind of university system you guys have there but is it possible to study both at the same time, while majoring only in the other ?
Yes, that is what I have in mind but.. I am confused. No you can't you have to select one I am studying it at my own as I have interest in it. It's too early to think tho.

Only in heaven.

No I already got a job that I am happy with. Going to college would be a waste for me.
Good for you.

Last edited:

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I'm deferring for a decade or two for other priorities.

Though when I do, I'll do a Triple Honours. I haven't decided on what, but French and Japanese are extremely probable. The third is really undecided.

Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yes, that is what I have in mind but.. I am confused. No you can't you have to select one I am studying it at my own as I have interest in it. It's too early to think tho.

So you can't minor in some other subject while majoring in other? like the user below? Are you sure? o_O

I'm currently studying at the university to get my bachelor's degree. I'm majoring in Computer Sciences while minoring in Japanese language.
Are your studies related in anyway? For example have you studied programming in Japanese? Also another question: what qualifications does it give you that you are minoring in Japanese language?

I'm deferring for a decade or two for other priorities.

Though when I do, I'll do a Triple Honours. I haven't decided on what, but French and Japanese are extremely probable. The third is really undecided.
Three subjects, one degree? Never heard of that kind of thing before. How does it actually work?

I pity the muslims that might be with in the paramedics :lol

You might let them die :lol
Ethnicity has got nothing to do with me doing my job in the future.

Please stop this bs that I hate muslims. I hate islam.

Hawker

Veteran
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Generally, you still study all the core modules of the three chosen subjects, but pick less optional ones from each.
I see. Cool idea but it sounds like this consept can not be applied to every subject/degree f.e. medicine. I think in medicine the mandatory courses form such a big part of the degree itself that a program like that would take forever to finish. Is this applied only in languages and art studies ?

BlacLord™

Legendary
Kin
22💸
Kumi
12💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I see. Cool idea but it sounds like this consept can not be applied to every subject/degree f.e. medicine. I think in medicine the mandatory courses form such a big part of the degree itself that a program like that would take forever to finish. Is this applied only in languages and art studies ?
Yeah, it's mostly non-science related subjects.

Reraru

Legendary
Kin
11💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
So you can't minor in some other subject while majoring in other? like the user below? Are you sure? o_O
If you chose science subject you can switch. In computer science you can't. I am studying science subjects officaly and computer science unofficially (by myself) so I can have both options. I hope you understand now. By switch I mean majors.

Last edited: