Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ive dropped almost everything two years ago even NB. It was crazy the past two years . I checked every now and then.
Now im starting to picked up some of the mangas ive dropped reading.
Que Sera sera is familiar but the rest no.
Also do you like martial arts?
You mean series or in general usually I can't watch a straight martial arts series unless romance is mixed in.

Why do you have recommendations?

I like the breaker other than that I read most of the martial art man was like god of martial arts.

Alice in Noodleland

Veteran
Kin
5,003💸
Kumi
70💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You mean series or in general usually I can't watch a straight martial arts series unless romance is mixed in.

Why do you have recommendations?

I like the breaker other than that I read most of the martial art man was like god of martial arts.
What I am going to recommend to you were not manga but Chinese novels.
Although some of these novels have gotten Chinese drama adaptations as well as some manga adaptations like the General and I, Da Mo Yao.

Since you like romance I could reccomend The Bride of the Water God.

Do you like Korean Dramas?

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Although some of these novels have gotten Chinese drama adaptations as well as some manga adaptations like the General and I, Da Mo Yao.

Haven't watched any Korean dramas a cousin recommended one to me of a vampire detective before had an interesting premise.

Michelle

Legendary
Kin
9,022💸
Kumi
3,787💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

The Historical Korean Dramas are exraordinary.
I loved the Queen Seondeok tale from birth to the throne. Bloody times...
A manhwa with history flavour is Twelve night

Reactions: Alice in Noodleland

Alice in Noodleland

Veteran
Kin
5,003💸
Kumi
70💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Haven't watched any Korean dramas a cousin recommended one to me of a vampire detective before had an interesting premise.
Can't remember the title but the actor must be Lee Jun Ki.

The Historical Korean Dramas are exraordinary.
I loved the Queen Seondeok tale from birth to the throne. Bloody times...
A manhwa with history flavour is Twelve night

How about Jewel in the Palace? It's pretty good.

Jumong too. It's quiet fascinating. All the battles and stuff.

Reactions: Michelle

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I tried to use for this Korean text . This is part of the translation I got:

You must be registered to see images

:| especially the last two lines... Pretty sure the writer didn't mean it this way... :whistle:

Sagebee

Supreme
Kin
6,121💸
Kumi
1,800💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I tried to use for this Korean text . This is part of the translation I got:

You must be registered to see images

:| especially the last two lines... Pretty sure the writer didn't mean it this way... :whistle:
What series is this from?

Infant

Regular
Kin
5,794💸
Kumi
1,695💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Can you believe some folks don't get the difference between manhwa, manhua, webtoons and colored manga?! Ikr! Anyway, probably best to just explain it for them in OP lest we be drowned by the same question.

1-If so what are the series you have read?

2-Please name the favroutite among the ones you liked if any.

3- Which series you are reading currently or plan to check out.

4- Any fans of small romance stories or do you prefer action only?

5- Any recommendations?

6- Anything you would like to add more on the topic.
1- The Read
Feng Shen Ji
Black Haze (!)
Shin Angyo Onshi (ch. 3, moving gradually)
Noblesse (on ch. 12, cover looked good but its feeling meh)
Panlong
Yongbi (ch. 2, moving slowly)
Zui Wu Dao
Mrs Angel (ch. 2, moving really slowly)

2- The Loved
Black Haze - pure story, pure meaning, no biases against religion/politics/whatnot being expressed through the story

3- The Unfinished
Hopefully Black Haze will continue
Realistically, I'm looking at Noblesse, but it fallen out of favor with me
Optimally, I'd mix the ones that are moving slowly
However, I'm currently taking a hiatus, unofficially, from visual novels and thinking of clearing my list of written works. That said, I think I would pick them up as soon as Spirit Blade Mountain is complete (don't like waiting for next chapter, especially after what happened witg Black Haze).
If I am currently on anything it would be Aku no Hana and Eureka 7.

4- The Others
Yeah, but if done right. I do enjoy the passing Romance stuff, like NANA which is one of my all times favourites. But most mainstream romance feels forced/unnatural, so it turns me off.

5- The Offered
Only Black Haze, I'm afraid
Most visual novels, east Asian, has a lot of the author expressing his biases against religion (the Chinese), social order (Koreans) and/or practices and ideals (Japanese). This takes away from the story etc and is the furthest thing from true art (pure expression of self and/or society). It feels more like listening to a whining ignorant teenager than experiencing art. Even the few good ones have their few arcs where you can tell are not part of the pure story but just a little insert to take a jab at the ideological enemies of the author. I'm not talkijg about expressing their views, but rather simply lashing out from dislike.

6- The Offering
DON'T MAKE ANIME OF THEM . . .
At least in terms of anime as the Japanese thing, or attmepts to copy it. Art is only art if true, not a copycat. If they will make a motion picture, let it be native to their forms of motion picture. And of course, please pay these guys!

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Can you believe some folks don't get the difference between manhwa, manhua, webtoons and colored manga?! Ikr! Anyway, probably best to just explain it for them in OP lest we be drowned by the same question.

1- The Read
Feng Shen Ji
Black Haze (!)
Shin Angyo Onshi (ch. 3, moving gradually)
Noblesse (on ch. 12, cover looked good but its feeling meh)
Panlong
Yongbi (ch. 2, moving slowly)
Zui Wu Dao
Mrs Angel (ch. 2, moving really slowly)

2- The Loved
Black Haze - pure story, pure meaning, no biases against religion/politics/whatnot being expressed through the story

3- The Unfinished
Hopefully Black Haze will continue
Realistically, I'm looking at Noblesse, but it fallen out of favor with me
Optimally, I'd mix the ones that are moving slowly
However, I'm currently taking a hiatus, unofficially, from visual novels and thinking of clearing my list of written works. That said, I think I would pick them up as soon as Spirit Blade Mountain is complete (don't like waiting for next chapter, especially after what happened witg Black Haze).
If I am currently on anything it would be Aku no Hana and Eureka 7.

4- The Others
Yeah, but if done right. I do enjoy the passing Romance stuff, like NANA which is one of my all times favourites. But most mainstream romance feels forced/unnatural, so it turns me off.

5- The Offered
Only Black Haze, I'm afraid
Most visual novels, east Asian, has a lot of the author expressing his biases against religion (the Chinese), social order (Koreans) and/or practices and ideals (Japanese). This takes away from the story etc and is the furthest thing from true art (pure expression of self and/or society). It feels more like listening to a whining ignorant teenager than experiencing art. Even the few good ones have their few arcs where you can tell are not part of the pure story but just a little insert to take a jab at the ideological enemies of the author. I'm not talkijg about expressing their views, but rather simply lashing out from dislike.

6- The Offering
DON'T MAKE ANIME OF THEM . . .
At least in terms of anime as the Japanese thing, or attmepts to copy it. Art is only art if true, not a copycat. If they will make a motion picture, let it be native to their forms of motion picture. And of course, please pay these guys!
Feng Shen Ji and Zui Wu Dao have been on my - I will check them out list for a long time but I have been on break from mangas and back to books myself.

Black Haze Oh I miss this one too. The whole legal battle deal and resultant indefinite hiatus sucks.

Noblesse Chappter numbers for first 70 chapters or so were misleading if I remember correctly- they were just few panels per "chapter". There are two OVA which cover a fair bit of early story and rather well made. You should check them out. ..
... For me it was a mixed bag. When I started I was not sure I would read it for long- the comedy engaged me, story not so much. But Rei and Frankenstein characters get really interesting and cool. But, again, the last two arcs somewhat drag. If one reads it without weekly wait , it may not seem that bad. But that's that.

By the same author seems fun too - or at least the fat cat:

Reactions: Infant