Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This is for general chat for manhwa fans.

To start-

Do you like reading Webtoons and Manhwas? Then I have something to ask:

1-If so what are the series you have read?

2-Please name the favroutite among the ones you liked if any.

3- Which series you are reading currently or plan to check out.

4- Any fans of small romance stories or do you prefer action only?

5- Any recommendations?

6- Anything you would like to add more on the topic.

Sonne2

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Re: Webtoons and Manhwas

1 Be Heun

2 Be Heun

4 Action only, if it were romance, I'd rather watch a Korean love/drama movie like "A Good Rain Knows"

5 Be Heun lol

6 There needs to be more Manhwas that tell about Korean History like the Joseon Dynasty.

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Do you like reading Webtoons and Manhwas?
I've read a couple but I've been too busy watching animes. I have to read most of them since chapter 1 when I come back. I do like them.

Then I have something to ask:

The Breakers (S1/S2), The Gamer(on hold chapter 21), Noblesse (Dropped it, chapter 357), Girls of the Wild (Currently reading), The God of High School (Dropped, forgot in which chapter)

The breakers and Girls of the Wild.

I'm planning on reading towers of god (I've heard this one is really good).

I like both. Girls of wild = romance and Noblesse (when I used to read it) = action.

5- Any recommendations?
I highly recommend Girls of the wild.

They're underrated. I would love to see some Manhwas and Webtoons get animes. I can imagine how badass the breakers would look in TV.

Reactions: TNC Xlll

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

1 Be Heun

2 Be Heun

4 Action only, if it were romance, I'd rather watch a Korean love/drama movie like "A Good Rain Knows"

5 Be Heun lol

6 There needs to be more Manhwas that tell about Korean History like the Joseon Dynasty.
What's Be Heun about and where can I check it out? Joseon Dynasty sounds interesting too.

To Whatever

Legendary
Kin
93💸
Kumi
66💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yes.

God of High School: Fighting Marital Arts, tournament style, drama & comedy
You must be registered for see images

The Breaker & The Breaker: New waves : Fighting Marital Arts, drama

Tower of God Season 1 & 2: Mystery, fighting, drama

ACTION IDOLS - AGE OF YOUNG DRAGONS: Ecchi, comedy, fighting, marital arts

Girls The Wild: Harem, comedy, fighting, martial arts

Transfer Student Storm Bringer: Comedy, Fighting, Drama

Out of all of these I would recommend in this order:

1. The Breaker & The Breaker: New Waves: Badass characters, awesome fighting and good story. Something for everyone.

2. God of High-school: Awesome fighting and story.

3. Transfer Student storm bringer: Hilarity and fighting

4. Tower of god.​

Last edited:

Sonne2

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

What's Be Heun about and where can I check it out? Joseon Dynasty sounds interesting too.

Its not about the Joseon Dynasty but the aftermath of the war of the three kingdoms of Korea, in a unified Silla, after the Baekje, and Goguryeo were wiped out.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I've read a couple but I've been too busy watching animes. I have to read most of them since chapter 1 when I come back. I do like them.

The Breakers (S1/S2), The Gamer(on hold chapter 21), Noblesse (Dropped it, chapter 357), Girls of the Wild (Currently reading), The God of High School (Dropped, forgot in which chapter)

The breakers and Girls of the Wild.

I'm planning on reading towers of god (I've heard this one is really good).

I like both. Girls of wild = romance and Noblesse (when I used to read it) = action.

I highly recommend Girls of the wild.

They're underrated. I would love to see some Manhwas and Webtoons get animes. I can imagine how badass the breakers would look in TV.
Yea The breaker series is good.. it's on a long hiatus before the part 3 will be back but it's worth the read even now. The original story wss complete by itself too. I am reading another series "the ruler of the land" by the same writer. Story is really good and intricate and first arc was awesome build up. But the art takes a little time before it gets better or one gets used to it.

Did you drop Noblesse around the break? It was kind of slow while the author duo were recovering but the current arc seems promising.

Yes.

God of High School: Fighting Marital Arts, tournament style, drama & comedy

The Breaker & The Breaker: New waves : Fighting Marital Arts, drama

Tower of God Season 1 & 2: Mystery, fighting, drama

ACTION IDOLS - AGE OF YOUNG DRAGONS: Ecchi, comedy, fighting, marital arts

Girls The Wild: Harem, comedy, fighting, martial arts

Transfer Student Storm Bringer: Comedy, Fighting, Drama

Out of all of these I would recommend in this order:

1. The Breaker & The Breaker: New Waves: Badass characters, awesome fighting and good story. Something for everyone.

2. God of High-school: Awesome fighting and story.

3. Transfer Student storm bringer: Hilarity and fighting​
AGE OF YOUNG DRAGONS art was nice.

Its not about the Joseon Dynasty but the aftermath of the war of the three kingdoms of Korea, in a unified Silla, after the Baekje, and Goguryeo were wiped out.
Have they been translated in English yet? I will look for it on the webtoons.com.

Last edited:

iNotorious

Immortal
Kin
808💸
Kumi
5,854💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yea The breaker series is good.. too bad it's on a long hiatus before the part 3 will be back.
Yeah I'm looking forward for the third season. It's going to be a blast. Hopefully our MC will be able to save his sensei.

I am reading another series "the ruler of the land" by the same writer. Story is really good and intricate and first arc was awesome build up. Too bad the art takes a little time before it gets better or one gets used to it.
If the story is really good then art shouldn't be a problem. I read this manga made in 1992. The art was terrible but the plot made up for that.

I'll give it a try after I finish tower of god.

Did you drop Noblesse around the break? It was kind of slow while the author duo were recovering but the current arc seems promising.
I dropped it when the author brought back Muzaka and he was going to fight against the 2 people from his own race. It was around chapter 357.

Is raskreia back? You know the daughter of the old lord? I really love her character.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Yeah I'm looking forward for the third season. It's going to be a blast. Hopefully our MC will be able to save his sensei.

If the story is really good then art shouldn't be a problem. I read this manga made in 1992. The art was terrible but the plot made up for that.

I'll give it a try after I finish tower of god.

I dropped it when the author brought back Muzaka and he was going to fight against the 2 people from his own race. It was around chapter 357.

Is raskreia back? You know the daughter of the old lord? I really love her character.
She should be, soon. The traitor nobles attacked Lukedonia directly this time and fight has already been costly. If I say more I would be giving out serious spoilers.

Reactions: iNotorious

Reraru

Legendary
Kin
11💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I have read can't see can't hear but still love, and Friendly winter.

I am currently reading Nobless.

The one I mentioned above are romantic and funny. You should try them I guess. You can find them on manga fox.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I have read a few. Don't really care for romance in a series so don't know that many romance ones. I did read around a hundred chapters of ruler of the land and don't remember where I left off but I enjoyed reading it. Will probably continue it soon and also start reading the breaker.

1. The Gamer, Noblesse, Tower of God, The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, Black Haze, Red Storm, RPG, World of Law and Order and other few that I can't recall.

2. I liked most of them and am not one to choose favorites. But the first three I mentioned are quite popular so you should read a few chapters and decide.
The Gamer - The main character gains the ability called the gamer. He finds a new world hiding right around him called the abyss and his ability is unique even among the the people in abyss as he is able to comprehend the world as RPG type game.

Tower of God - The series is great not because of the main character but the world, setting and overall story and potential. The story takes place in a tower which basically is quite large and the outside world is rarely discussed. But the tower is huge and hosts many unique environments. Each floor is said to be big as a continent and the goal of everyone seems to be the top of the tower. We don't know how many floors are in the tower. No one knows what awaits but there seems to be a promise of fulfilling any wish or desire. I recommend to anyone liking fantasy, mystery action and adventure.

Legendary Moonlight Sculptor - It started only this year so it has 42 chapters. Its about a dark gamer playing a VMMORPG. I have read the light novel up to volume 25. The light novel is ongoing and it is being translated but its much ahead of the webtoon so no worries there. The main character has been poor most of his life so is quite greedy. It is quite funny and enjoyable so try a couple of chapters. It doesn't really deviate from the source except a few minor details. I highly recommend it.

Red storm - Action, adventure, fantasy. Has a desert setting and has tribes struggling for power there. Good action series based on a novel, ongoing and has 172 chapters. The young glow(Glow~chieftain) meets a mysterious man who is super strong and the kid takes the man back to his tribe. The man later becomes a teacher to the young glow and teaches him from his knowledge of otherworldly martial arts. Strength and skill is quite necessary to survive in the harsh desert filled with powerful and unique monsters. Recommended for those who like action and fantasy.

RPG - Highly recommend. Randomly stumbled upon it. Awesome series. Its quite funny and has many likeable and lovable characters. The design and looks may be a turn off but I highly recommend it.(How highly you ask? So much that I had to type highly recommended twice). But kidding aside It currently has only 37 chapters but the series is quite fun. I would suggest anyone to start reading it if you are planning on reading anything. I seemed to have over hyped it but it is a lighthearted ,funny and enjoyable series I must say. Also from its name you could have guessed it takes place in a game world as in VMMORPG. The comedy, characters make the series just lovely. So if looking for a comedy series I would definitely suggest you to try it out.

3. I have a long list of things I have to read but I will probably finish ruler of the land and breaker and new waves before other longer ones. I like action adventure and fantasy ones so most series fall in that genre. To name a few that I plan to read- Ares, Blind Faith Descent, City of the Dead Sorcerer, Distant sky,Dark Air, A fairy tail for the demon lord.

4. Don't mind romance in series but I can't say I'm particularly fond of it. I do like action series but it is not a must.

5. Recommend RPG, Tower of god , Legendary moonlight sculptor(also recommend the light novel), Red storm. Also try black haze.

Last edited:
Reactions: Avani

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I have read a few. Don't really care for romance in a series so don't know that many romance ones. I did read around a hundred chapters of ruler of the land and don't remember where I left off but I enjoyed reading it. Will probably continue it soon and also start reading the breaker.

1. The Gamer, Noblesse, Tower of God, The Legendary Moonlight Sculptor, Black Haze, Red Storm, RPG, World of Law and Order and other few that I can't recall.

2. I liked most of them and am not one to choose favorites. But the first three I mentioned are quite popular so you should read a few chapters and decide.
The Gamer - The main character gains the ability called the gamer. He finds a new world hiding right around him called the abyss and his ability is unique even among the the people in abyss as he is able to comprehend the world as RPG type game.

Tower of God - The series is great not because of the main character but the world, setting and overall story and potential. The story takes place in a tower which basically is quite large and the outside world is rarely discussed. But the tower is huge and hosts many unique environments. Each floor is said to be big as a continent and the goal of everyone seems to be the top of the tower. We don't know how many floors are in the tower. No one knows what awaits but there seems to be a promise of fulfilling any wish or desire. I recommend to anyone liking fantasy, mystery action and adventure.

Legendary Moonlight Sculptor - It started only this year so it has 42 chapters. Its about a dark gamer playing a VMMORPG. I have read the light novel up to volume 25. The light novel is ongoing and it is being translated but its much ahead of the webtoon so no worries there. The main character has been poor most of his life so is quite greedy. It is quite funny and enjoyable so try a couple of chapters. It doesn't really deviate from the source except a few minor details. I highly recommend it.

Red storm - Action, adventure, fantasy. Has a desert setting and has tribes struggling for power there. Good action series based on a novel, ongoing and has 172 chapters. The young glow(Glow~chieftain) meets a mysterious man who is super strong and the kid takes the man back to his tribe. The man later becomes a teacher to the young glow and teaches him from his knowledge of otherworldly martial arts. Strength and skill is quite necessary to survive in the harsh desert filled with powerful and unique monsters. Recommended for those who like action and fantasy.

RPG - Highly recommend. Randomly stumbled upon it. Awesome series. Its quite funny and has many likeable and lovable characters. The design and looks may be a turn off but I highly recommend it.(How highly you ask? So much that I had to type highly recommended twice). But kidding aside It currently has only 37 chapters but the series is quite fun. I would suggest anyone to start reading it if you are planning on reading anything. I seemed to have over hyped it but it is a lighthearted ,funny and enjoyable series I must say. Also from its name you could have guessed it takes place in a game world as in VMMORPG. The comedy, characters make the series just lovely. So if looking for a comedy series I would definitely suggest you to try it out.

3. I have a long list of things I have to read but I will probably finish ruler of the land and breaker and new waves before other longer ones. I like action adventure and fantasy ones so most series fall in that genre. To name a few that I plan to read- Ares, Blind Faith Descent, City of the Dead Sorcerer, Distant sky,Dark Air, A fairy tail for the demon lord.

4. Don't mind romance in series but I can't say I'm particularly fond of it. I do like action series but it is not a must.

5. Recommend RPG, Tower of god , Legendary moonlight sculptor(also recommend the light novel), Red storm. Also try black haze.
I remember when mangacow started translating/updating Black Haze volumes and it's on my list though I haven't been able to do so yet. Saving the list to check them out.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I have read can't see can't hear but still love, and Friendly winter.

I am currently reading Nobless.

The one I mentioned above are romantic and funny. You should try them I guess. You can find them on manga fox.
Why no reply for me?
I hadn't noticed the ones you named so I meant to check a short description to see what these were about first.

The Friendly Winter
: A 19 year old girl with a rare growth disorder that leaves her in the body of a small child meets a boy with a mental disorder, who has the mind of a small boy in a 17 year old's body. A Friendly Winter shares with us the endearing story of their day-to-day lives, joys and tribulations.

Can't here Can't See but Love
: manhwa artist who loses his eyesight due to his job, and a deaf woman who falls in love with the artist's manhwa, and then with the artist himself.

Blind and deaf- That would interesting to see how they work it out.

Last edited:

Caliburn

Supreme
Kin
2,805💸
Kumi
525💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Witch Hunter
The Breaker/The Breaker: New Waves
Action Idols - Age of Young Dragons
Noblesse
Girl the Wild's
Crepuscule
Wu Dong Qian Kun
Ultimate Legend: Kang Hae Hyo
Special Martial Arts Extreme Hell Private High School
Nineteen, Twenty One
Pet Diary

These are the only ones I can remember, but there are probably several others. I also started some but stopped after a few chapters.

Witch Hunter, TB/TB: NW, Girl the Wild's.

Witch Hunter and Girl the Wild's. Most of the others, if they aren't finished, are series that I don't read for a while so that the chapters can pile up again and then I read the entire series once more.

Whatever interests me at the moment, but I don't really find webtoons suited for romance series.

5- Any recommendations?

Nope

There isn't really much difference between manhwa and regular manga, but I always found most webtoons to be lacking in depth. I had the impression for a while now that lately many webtoons have become popular, but genrewise I don't see much variation. It's often fantasy/martial arts or a combination of both. Not that I don't like those genres, on the contrary, but it gets rather monotone when there isn't much difference between different series.

Frankenstein

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Noblesse, the Chiller series, Gamer (dropped after like 20 chapters), Tower of God (dropped equally fast), and I have read a couple from Girl the Wild's just to see what it is about.

Noblesse of course.

Reading Noblesse and Chiller, planning to check The Breaker sometime. Maybe Witch Hunter too.

Even in manga I have only read one romance story, Half & Half, (and one more but it is western webtoon) so nope. I actually don't prefer action either, my favorite stories are psychological thrillers/mysteries with maybe some action too.

5- Any recommendations?

Noblesse and Chiller. Noblesse during the day and Chiller right before sleeping for maximum effect lol.

Manhwa would be more popular if there were anime for them. I always thought a Noblesse anime would be very successful. Generally though it's very hard to find a good manhwa because even the good aren't popular and most are quite shallow already.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Caught up with "King of Hell" / "Majeh" only to find that translator in a one month break.

Majeh is envoy of the King of Hell for the region of Korea. Once seen as one of the most dangerous swordsmen, now his job is to collect the soul after death and take them to the king of Hell to be judged. A relatively tedious job he doesn't like but stuck with. Initial chapters establish his character and other roles in the afterlife kingdom. When some of the most dangerous demons escape from hell in to living world, Majeh is given the task to recapture them. But, for it, he has been sent back in a mortal body. Though he retains some other afterlife advantages he can die now. Not much fun and it also carries the risk of dying forever with no chances of reincarnation or afterlife in some instances.

It's a battle manhwa with several comedic moments, similar to "The Ruler of The land series". Not that crazy funny as ROTL initial arcs but still enjoyable for the most part. In area of art, it is definitely much better than ROTL, especially the ROTL early art. Overall it is enjoyable.

Avani

Supreme
Kin
5,404💸
Kumi
480💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Caught up with "King of Hell" / "Majeh" only to find that translator in a one month break.

Majeh is envoy of the King of Hell for the region of Korea. Once seen as one of the most dangerous swordsmen, now his job is to collect the soul after death and take them to the king of Hell to be judged. A relatively tedious job he doesn't like but stuck with. Initial chapters establish his character and other roles in the afterlife kingdom. When some of the most dangerous demons escape from hell in to living world, Majeh is given the task to recapture them. But, for it, he has been sent back in a mortal body. Though he retains some other afterlife advantages he can die now. Not much fun and it also carries the risk of dying forever with no chances of reincarnation or afterlife in some instances.

It's a battle manhwa with several comedic moments, similar to "The Ruler of The land series". Not that crazy funny as ROTL initial arcs but still enjoyable for the most part. In area of art, it is definitely much better than ROTL, especially the ROTL early art. Overall it is enjoyable.

It gets boring nears the end. Dragged.. like hell..

Similar case with Noblesse. Haven't cheked new chapters in a while. Writers need to stop dragging stories after they run out of ideas.