Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Giant Mushroom King, i'm here to learn the way of the Sai U_U"

I spin my two Sai in my hands, but im not very good at the moment so they just clang together and fall on the floor.

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Here you go.

You must be registered for see images

Way of the Sai (Sai no michi)

Type
NinKenjutsu

Background

After Travelling the Ninja World Sokka learned to be able to use the Sai in a style kept between a group of Shinobi that resided in the Land of Lightning. This group didn't live inside Kumogakure, but inside a village - the shinobi of this village seemed to only know of this style and nothing else, a traditonal technique taught among them.

Description on the Abilities and Inner workings of the Style

The Sai is split into different parts and all of the parts of the Sai have a use in this style (Labels shown in diagram above). The tsuka being the handle of the blade allows the normal grip that is made with the Sai, it is usually held in a reverse grip and with one in each of the user’s hand - this is the ordinary and the first stage of Sai Practice along with the use of the Saki. The Saki is the pointed tip on the end of the Sai, because it is a rounded blade, this is the main method of attack, it is primarily used as a striking weapon for short jabs into the solar plexus but it also has many defensive techniques. Users of this style with have the knowledge to be able to strike an enemy in the abdomen and cause collateral damage - instead of most people going for the head or neck, users of this style will aim for the area of nerves behind the stomach. If this area is hit it just with one jab it can cause spasms, harsher breathing and extreme pain. The Element of Wind can be used in combination with this to cause sever damage, expelling it through the Sai like a needle and shredding the opponent’s body.

The next part of this style is the use of the monouchi - this is the rounded part of the blade which means the user can hold it without it hurting himself. After practising in this style the user can freely switch from a Tsuka grip to a Monouchi grip, this allows the user to counter attacks quickly with great effect, by hooking the yoku over a blade and yanking it out of the way, this allows the user to then slash or thrust their opponent freely with the other Sai. This Monouchi grip also allows the user to block Taijutsu based attacks but also cause damage to limbs, by plunging the Yoku into the opponent’s arm or leg and again yanking it out of the way so you can freely attack your target and cause some damage (especially if you hit a muscle). The Butt end of the Tsuka is called the Tsukagashira and become a weapon that deals blunt damage when in the monouchi grip - though for extra damage, Lightning can be used in combination to cause a Paralysing smash, leaving the opponent open for a switch of the grip and a slit throat.

The Spinning Technique of the Sai is mainly used to switch from Tsuka Grip to the Monouchi grip in very quick speeds allowing a quick defence and then a quick switch to counter. The users of the style will be able to use this spin at very quick speeds, spinning them using the tip of his finger in the gap between the yoku and monouchi to manipulate this spin. There is also the fact that if a Sai is thrown, users of the style will throw it in a spinning motion so that the tip of the blade is affecting a bigger radius - this is just a simple technique.

Example Techniques

(Sai no Michi : Kitei no injekushon) Way of the Sai : Prescribed Injection
Type: Offensive
Range: Short
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description:
The User deals multiple blows towards the opponent’s torso with one of the Sai’s as a distraction, these blows don’t have to be offensive and it could be defensive again the opponent’s close combat attacks. They would then channel Wind into their spare Sai and step immediately to the side, stabbing the Wind Sai into the side of the abdomen and injecting the Wind Chakra through it and shredding the opponent from the inside of their stomach hitting their solar plexus, causing extreme pain and muscle spasms.

(Sai no Michi : Monouchi gurippu ) Way of the Sai : Monouchi Grip
Type: Supplementary / Defensive
Chakra: N/A
Damage: 60
Description:
The User utilizes the Way of the Sai fighting style and switches from their ordinary grip to a grip where they hold the rounded part of the blade (also known as the Monouchi), they will quickly counter a Kenjutsu / Weapon attack by hooking the Yoku around the blade and yanking it away from them, this gives the user and opening to strike the target with the other blade. They can also block Taijutsu attacks by plunging the tip of the Yoku into the attacking limb and again, yank it away so it gives them an opening to strike with the other Sai.​

Additional Effects and Restrictions

-Can only be taught by Shino500

-To be taught in this style you must have mastered elements lightning and wind

-Arm movements are slightly faster than the average Shinobi’s

-Shino-, our loyal member, gave on the date the 13th of July 2014 a request for a Patent on Custom Fighting Style (Way of the Sai). I, Madāra Uchiha of the Custom Fighting Style Bureau, by the power invested in me by Caliburn, after reading the submission, have decided that the submitted style satisfies all requirements, and am therefore giving him rightfully earned patent on this style by the following;​

Sai no Michi
Powered by Caliburn
Copyright 2014, Madāra Uchiha, NarutoBase.net

NightKiing

Elite
Kin
1,131💸
Kumi
4,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
First i will teach you how to spin the sais*creates a clone* come towards my clone and pretend to attack him then spin the sai changing to the other grip hitting the clone off guard...

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First i will teach you how to spin the sais*creates a clone* come towards my clone and pretend to attack him then spin the sai changing to the other grip hitting the clone off guard...
I run up to the Clone and thrust my right arm forward, but not all the way and I don't even hit the clone, he would probably react to it and so with the same hand I spin the Sai - but again like earlier I fail and it clatters to the ground. I look at Sokka with embarrassment and pick up my Sai, trying again.

I go to thrust forward with my right, not hitting the clone, but then I have my index finger inbetween the munouchi and the toku using the momentum to spin and then catching the monouchi in my hand and swinging my right around from the left - hitting the clone across the face.

"Yes!"

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Sai no Michi : Fōku fukushū ) Way of the Sai : Fork Vengeance
Type: Offensive / Defensive
Chakra: N/A (+20 Lightning)
Damage: 40
Description:
The User utilizes the Way of the Sai fighting style and switches from their ordinary grip to a grip where they hold the rounded part of the blade (also known as the Monouchi), and more adept users of this style can switch the grip instantly by spinning it on their finger in between the Yoku and Monouchi. The user can then counter a Kenjutsu/Weapon attack by hooking the 'Yoku' of the Sai around the blade and yanking it out of the way leaving them free to strike with the other Sai OR even disarming them by twisting it out of the opponent's grip and catching it for them self with a free hand (if they are only using one Sai) leaving their enemy completely defenseless.
This Grip can also be used to counter Taijutsu moves, the tips of the Yoku on the Sai are point and can easily pierce the human skin with enough force - and so by stabbing it into the attacking limb the user can move it out the way, putting their opponents in awkward unbalanced positions and leaving them open to being struck with the other Sai. This way of using the can be accompanied by lightning, it doesn't add any damaging properties and only comes into effect once the limb has been stabbed, it paralyzes whatever limb is stabbed and makes it useless for a number of turns (one).
~ Must Know Way of the Sai
~ Can only be taught by -Shino-
~ Can only be used 4 times

Facing a Clone I have both my Sai in a Reverse Grip, the enemy clone goes to punch me with it's left hand and using my right Sai I spin it in an instant and go into the Monouchi grip, stabbing the Toku into it's left arm and yanking it outwards to the right so the punch is out of the way. I surge lightning through the Sai and it paralyzes the clone's arm making it useless, this also gives my the chance the thrust forward with my other Said stabbing the blade into the Clone's neck and dispersing it.

Advantages:
- Can Paralyze a Limb for a turn
- Used as a quick counter to Taijutsu
- Can also be used to disarm opponents, taking their weapon for yourself (good for taking a Custom Weapon if they try to hit you with it)

Last edited:

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Sai no Michi : Kuikkuhanmā) Way of the Sai : Quick Hammer
Type:Defensive/Offensive
Range:Short
Chakra:30
Damage:N/A
Description:
Similar to Fork Vengeance this is a very quick counter attack switching to the Munouchi grip with BOTH Sai and using the Yoku to stab the attacking limb whilst at the same time striking with the other Sai and hitting the opponent with an electrified Tsukagashiri (butt end of the Sai) like a hammer to slam into the body of the opponent which sends a quick pulse of lightning through the enemies body paralyzing them for a turn leaving a big opening for attack.
- Must know Way of the Sai CFS
- can only be taught by -Shino-
- Can only be used twice

It's a very quick move and used as a counter as it defends AND then attacks, great thing about this is the attack happens as the defending happens, leaving little to no time for the opponent to be able to react. Also it's couple with lightning paralysis, leaving the enemy completely defenceless as the lightning surges through them, this followed by a killing blow could end up with a great chance at victory.

Never

Supreme
Kin
2,719💸
Kumi
44,736💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
(Sai no Michi : Karitori fukku) Way of the Sai : Reaping Hook
Type:
Offensive
Damage: 80 (+20 If performed on Water)
Description:
The user utilises both their Sai, The first is thrown into the air and charged with Lightning chakra and also used as a feint/distraction. With the Second the user will perform a low sweep but instead of knocking them down with their leg they will extend their arm with one of the Sai in a Munoichi Grip and charged with lightning they will use the Yoku (one of the prongs on either end of the Sai blade and dig it into the leg, usually stabbed into the calf muscle and continue their spin around, sweeping the opponent from their feet. This will send a stream of lightning through the opponent's legs, paralysing their lower half for a turn - it will also permanently damage their struck calf for the rest of the match making them slower. Once the full 360 sweep is finished the user will do a couple of back flips making some distance between the user and it's target.

The Sai that was thrown into the Air also charged with lightning chakra will suddenly flare and shoot down with some speed acting like a bolt of lightning, finishing the swept up target and also drilling them into the ground, buckling the earth wherever it strikes so that the jagged rocks surround the enemy almost essentially burying them. If performed whilst standing on water, the water will be charged with lightning causing extra sustained damage when the Sai hits their legs and even more so when the second strikes it.

- Lightning is split between the Sai, meaning each is charged with A-Ranked Lightning
- Can only be Performed Twice.
- Two turn Way of the Sai Cooldown
- Must Know Way of the Sai

(Sai no Michi : Nokogiri o karitori) Way of the Sai : Mowing Buzzsaws
Type:
Offensive / Defensive
Range: Short (- Long)
Chakra:
Damage: 40
Description:
This requires the use of the Spinning Aspect when holding the Sai. The user will spin both or one of their Sai at an extremely fast pace whilst channeling Wind or Lightning Chakra into them to increase speed or deadliness, Wind is Usually used to increase the speed of the spin to defend against attacks whilst lightning is used to increase deadliness when attacking - though they can use either to defend or attack. The spinning Sai will create two circle like shields that can deflect CQC jutsu or jutsu big enough to cover the user from different sides because the elements expand the size of the spinning Sai's radius, though the size of the spinning radius is controlled by the user whether they want them to cover their whole bodies or not (Shields are a Max 2 Meters in Diameter).

When used for attacking the blades thrust forward and spun at the same time acting like buzz saws the severely cut the enemy. Or the user can swipe their arms in two different directions horizontally in front of them whilst spinning the Sai blades, the way these spinning blades are used is up to the user as long as it makes sense. The user can even spin their body around whilst spinning their blades at the same time whether it be in mid air or on the ground. They can also be thrown, giving them a Long range reach.

- Must be taught by Professor Shino
- Must know Way of the Sai
- Has a two turn cool down

Here ya go Shino, two techs for Way of the Sai, could you post Shadow Seil for me please?

NightKiing

Elite
Kin
1,131💸
Kumi
4,263💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
(Sai no Michi : Kage seriu) Way of the Sai : Shadow seil
Type:
Offensive / Defensive
Damage: 80
Description:
The user can channel channel the element of wind or lightning into either Sai or only a single one. Using one Sai and keeping the other sheathed or in their hand doing nothing, the user will defend attacks and distract the opponent using combos with the single Sai in CQC of their choosing by blocking attacks or hooking the crossguard of the Sai around a sword or limb etc. The distraction is all for the other Sai which is usually (depends on the user) channelled with Chakra whether it be lightning or wind will whip their hand forward (whilst unsheathing the Sai if sheathed) and flicking it forward with great precision all whilst attacking/defending with their other Sai. The hidden Sai will be done low around the waist area whilst the other is usually keeping the opponent's eye busy at chest area, the attack being sort of hidden and quick because of the close range. The lightning can paralyse whereas the wind can cause a internal damage by exhaling through the tip of the blade once it has stabbed the opponent.

- Must be taught by Professor Shino
- Must know Way of the Sai
- Paralysis if used lasts for two turns
- Can only be used twice
- No Way of the Sai in the same turn
- Two turn cool down

Here.

Reactions: Never