Was Itachi Sasuke's main influential person?

Shivamcoder3013

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello, lately I have been wondering whether Itachi was the main reason Sasuke wanted power and went to Orochimaru. He probably was, but if sasuke hadn't met Itachi and kisame in the first part of naruto, would he still have gone to oro?

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I think he still would have gone to oro eventually even without seeing itachi because he was still frustrated how he couldn't beat garra yet naruto could. seeing itachi just sped up the process

Dantee

Kin
0💸
Kumi
343💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Sasuke was forgetting about seeking revenge and starting life over in the village with friends. Then Itachi showed up and the rage came back to him. He realized how far Itachi was of him and wanted to seek power no matter what the cost.

Shivamcoder3013

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Personally, meeting Itachi incremented his disliking for him (and made him realize the distant gap in skill). Sooner or later he probably might have gone I suppose.

CJ Mac

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I actually think that Naruto was the driving force in Sasuke seeking out Orochimaru. Up until the Chunin Exams, he was definitely stronger than Naruto and could have easily beaten him in a fight. Naruto gained some extraordinary abilities during the Exams and caught up with Sasuke. After the Exams, Naruto surpassed Sasuke and every time that Sasuke reflected back on their experiences together, he realized that Naruto out-performed him in some way:

1. Naruto beat Haku while Sasuke was unconscious.
2. Naruto stopped the snake summoned by Orochimaru while Sasuke was frozen in fear.
3. Naruto beat Gaara (while I think Sasuke was unconscious again).
4. Itachi returned to the village to seek out Naruto (we later learn that he had another reason).
5. Naruto's rasengan left a larger hole than Sasuke's chidori when they fought on the roof.

Sasuke was still the stronger and more skilled of the two up until relatively recently (at least until Naruto perfected Sage Mode and the rasenshuriken), but in his eyes Naruto was always outperforming him whenever he showed any kind of weakness. That is ultimately why he left the village to seek out more power.

Last edited:

Ssoul Eater

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He was mainly envious seeing Naruto had become stronger then him. When Itachi & Kisami exposed they were after Naruto that really did him. That's where he acknowledged Naruto & knw to take his revenge he have to become stronger then him.

YoItsJo

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This right here. Coupled with Orochimaru's Cursed Seal and the run-in with Itachi, as well as Naruto's quick growth. Sasuke is a character made up, in some instances, of conflicting factors. For example, he's very prideful and full of himself in a sense, but back when he was being outdone by Naruto in Konoha, against Gaara and in the Forest of Death, he was very self-conscious.

I also think Itachi being after Naruto and not him, considering he didn't know why at the time, really pushed him over the edge, too, aside from the very run-in with his brother.

moody2times

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Hello, lately I have been wondering whether Itachi was the main reason Sasuke wanted power and went to Orochimaru. He probably was, but if sasuke hadn't met Itachi and kisame in the first part of naruto, would he still have gone to oro?
Itachi was his goal, but Naruto was his competition. In fact, the rate at which Naruto was growing made him green with envy even though he was much talented than Naruto.

EonForce42

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I actually think that Naruto was the driving force in Sasuke seeking out Orochimaru. Up until the Chunin Exams, he was definitely stronger than Naruto and could have easily beaten him in a fight. Naruto gained some extraordinary abilities during the Exams and caught up with Sasuke. After the Exams, Naruto surpassed Sasuke and every time that Sasuke reflected back on their experiences together, he realized that Naruto out-performed him in some way:

1. Naruto beat Haku while Sasuke was unconscious.
2. Naruto stopped the snake summoned by Orochimaru while Sasuke was frozen in fear.
3. Naruto beat Gaara (while I think Sasuke was unconscious again).
4. Itachi returned to the village to seek out Naruto (we later learn that he had another reason).
5. Naruto's rasengan left a larger hole than Sasuke's chidori when they fought on the roof.

Sasuke was still the stronger and more skilled of the two up until relatively recently (at least until Naruto perfected Sage Mode and the rasenshuriken), but in his eyes Naruto was always outperforming him whenever he showed any kind of weakness. That is ultimately why he left the village to seek out more power.
I think Naruto was stronger up until Sasuke gained cursed mark lvl 2.