[Discussion] Was Gohan a Failure as a Character?

Itachi Edo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The change was drastic. Him letting Mr. Satan take credit for beating Cell was a complete kill for me.

You must be registered for see images

Even with this, I still say he's a failure.

You must be registered for see images

In all seriousness, I think he was a failure as a character. He had huge potential and was given numerous power ups. He threw them all away. Mr. Satan taking credit for his win really did rub me the wrong way, but watching him allow himself to be absorbed by Buu was the last straw for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: SayWhat21

Ōkami

Supreme
Kin
6💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Gohan doesn't care about fame hell he's a pacifist by nature.

But he's still the strongest un-fused character in the series.

DeadManWonderLand

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I bet a majority of you never watched Dragonball or seen it first before watching DBZ the Saiyaman arc was an return to his grass root sin terms of comedy and character.

Fex

Regular
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I never look at it that way, but actually I don't even remember the Buu Saga that much it was years ago :sweat:

Lord Naruto San

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yeah he was IMO He Failed as a writer

He Should have stuck with his plan to make Goten nd Trunks the stars
Made Vegeta and Goku a Tad more balanced Goku just gets all those opportunity to get stronger

Mystic Gohan was a fail to introduce one of the strongest Characters he did not work for it

Itachi Edo

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I bet a majority of you never watched Dragonball or seen it first before watching DBZ the Saiyaman arc was an return to his grass root sin terms of comedy and character.
I watched Dragonball and read it. However, like I put in the post, I think Gohan as a character was a waste. I understood the comedy aspect, most of DBZ was super serious, but Gohan was wasted in that aspect. Why couldn't he have been the strongest and a naive goofball like Goku was? Don't get me started on him staying quiet on the Cell victory or sitting out the world tournament at the end.

Kαmi

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Nah, Gohan was a pacifist since day 1. The saiyaman thing was pretty weird, Akira's humor took a weird turn for me there. But other than that, Gohan's character fit to me, he was just a little too stale at times for me.

EMack114

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Gohan was a failure because he required insane conditions for him to unleash his "true power". The Cell Saga is a prime example. Getting beaten down and almost killed wasn't enough; he had to depend on Cell to torture and beat his friends and family for him to unleash all that power. Imagine what would've happened if Cell had heeded Goku and Gohan's warnings about pushing him too far?

I can imagine.....Cell would've killed him outright and the series would've ended. THAT is why he's a shoddy character. What's the point of having all that power if I need a narcissistic enemy to bully me AND my friends AND my family to unlock it? It has no purpose against people who go against you with the sole intention to see you dead.

Reactions: Itachi Edo