Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ok so, the words that were on the LP before I removed them were: "Happy to give the orders. Happy for the glory." The person is in a suit, to represent his importance. I thought of him as a general while I was messing with him. I added the skull and the red around him to symbolize the death that surrounds him. I intentionally chose that skull in particular, because it seems to be grinning. That even though he is surrounded by death, he is happy. The fact that he is willing to receive the glory from what his soldiers are doing, and not caring about whether they live or die. I was attempting to show how a commanding officer in the armed forces would think of his soldiers, the heartlessness. The part on the right obviously symbolizes the glory. It's the famous picture of soldiers planting the American flag, and I'm pretty sure that most people will have seen it. The "general" is calm and relaxed, seemingly oblivious to the things that are happening around the other parts of the LP, and this was also intentional. I spent a long time trying to find the right focal point for this LP.

Colour was also an important factor in this concept. When perceiving good and evil, we see it as black and white. Black being evil, white being good. Notice how there is no true black and true white in this LP, there are only shades of grey. It would be a bit long winded to explain what I mean about that, so I'll just sum it up. The shades of grey represent the fact that nothing is truly bad or good, that even people doing terrible things have good intentions. Nobody in real life just seeks to destroy things for no real reason. Basically, it's showing that even though there is death and bad things surrounding the general, the outcome and the intentions behind it could be good.

Even though that LP might not be my best work, I'm pretty sure that it's the one that I thought about the most while making. Concepts are win, and that's why I would rank that piece above what I have done so far.

Lawliet

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
<3 <3 <3
I absolutely love the symbolic representation you've given in this piece!
The symbolism, colour, proportions and all the empty space. ~
I was going to type up my thoughts on this but i got distracted. ;x
It was nice to see your interpretation of it.

Lawliet

Elite
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Why the **** does he get advertised and the thread sticked ><
The piece isnt that great, some parts just doesnt fit :./
Because i did it. And i believe it deserved it. Just because YOU think it doesn't fit doesn't mean everyone sees it that way. Not everyone portrays art in the same way and it's pretty low of you if you just attack it. Instead of complaining go create more pieces and maybe i'll try getting it advertised/stickied next week.

Could be a new thing ~ advertising a gfx work every week or two. I'll have to talk about it with the admins first though.

Sorry, the hate is for the mods not you :hug:
and srsly, sum stuff just doesnt fit :/
Then you can hate me because i was the one responsible. :)

Sin

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
1💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't really like it.. it's nice to some but really there isn't that much you can say about it.

(Lawliet: I guess you could try that.. but maybe a little variety.. Photo manipulation + A Sig for the advertising.. then do a different combonation...)

Gatsndshanks

Legendary
Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
to the haters - NG and pesh:

you guys have been in the limelight for too long, although you're work is probably the best throughout the forum - it lacks one thing that this piece triumphs in. Symbolism.
Cut lawliet some slack, she said that this is a new thing to do with advertisement, so take her word and let it slip. It's not going to kill you that you're work hasn't been stickied because everyone who comes to these parts of the forum has 100% likely seen your work which is plastered all around this section. So why hate on this?

Secondly, i like this piece and its original compared to everything else i commonly see.

Casidesia

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
its pretty cool,
i kinda like how on the left side of the guy, it looks almost as if he has wings on that side.
its put together pretty nicely.

to the haters - NG and pesh:

you guys have been in the limelight for too long, although you're work is probably the best throughout the forum - it lacks one thing that this piece triumphs in. Symbolism.
Cut lawliet some slack, she said that this is a new thing to do with advertisement, so take her word and let it slip. It's not going to kill you that you're work hasn't been stickied because everyone who comes to these parts of the forum has 100% likely seen your work which is plastered all around this section. So why hate on this?

Secondly, i like this piece and its original compared to everything else i commonly see.
very much agreed there.

Reactions: Lawliet

BAN_KAI

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Because i did it. And i believe it deserved it. Just because YOU think it doesn't fit doesn't mean everyone sees it that way. Not everyone portrays art in the same way and it's pretty low of you if you just attack it. Instead of complaining go create more pieces and maybe i'll try getting it advertised/stickied next week.

Could be a new thing ~ advertising a gfx work every week or two. I'll have to talk about it with the admins first though.

I like it a lot but that cant explain why its a sticky, if Iam not wrong Sticky threads are threads important to the whole forum, like PS resources etc, i cant see any of that here

Flaw

Legendary
Kin
23💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

How dare you disobey my orders ?
Don't forget I'm the one running you.

Musashibo

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I don't really like it at all. The idea is cool I suppose. Maybe I don't really care about the meaning behind it, but it doesn't work together, seems like it's a bunch of slapped posters or cd covers together, and I don't really like the left bottom corner. Good idea, I don't like it, doesn't work together... Opinion only, I'm not saying that everyone has to hate it. O_O

zenron

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I wouldn't mind the hate from anyone as long as they gave something constructive, and so far only one person has done so. If Law wants to sticky a thread, he can do, he's allowed to do pretty much whatever he wants.

I liked the idea of "featuring" a piece every once in awhile, it can bring attention to artists who are generally ignored.

Anyway, I'm going to fiddle with this LP now, see how it turns out.