Legendary
Kin
84๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
20,716๐Ÿ’ด
Awards
Thread starter #1
Vestbygden

Most of Vestbygden is a mountainous, arctic wasteland, but near the coasts of the natural bay that exists there a number of fishing villages have settled. These live in isolation, almost untouched by the world outside the bay, in small villages near the water, the only place where the rocks give way to earth.

LGeezy

Legendary
Kin
1,858๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
4,927๐Ÿ’ด
Coming from 175

The group that had kidnapped Gwen had proceeded through a secret route they had established in Vestbygden. As Gwen drifted in and out of consciousness she could only see the snow-capped mountains and the dark figures that loomed over her.

LLM

LGeezy

Legendary
Kin
1,858๐Ÿ’ธ
Kumi
4,927๐Ÿ’ด
Coming from 174

Gwen was tired, she had been truly broken to the point of no return. As she trugged the the cold and bitter air of the mountains, she felt the urge to not only give up, but die right here and be left buried in the snow. As Gwen countinued, she was not wholly prepared for the enviornment she found herself in. The cold air ripping at her was violently freezing her to the bone. The pain from her aching muscles, made it seems as if her joints were grinding to a halt as her fingers and toes began to go numb. At this rate, frostbite would set in if Gwen didn't get a move on. Seconds seemed like minutes, which felt like hours as Gwen slowly pushed on as much as she could, but against the cold, there was nothing she could do. If matters didn't seem any worse, the snow storm picked up heavily, soon Gwen could barely move against the bashing of the wind, and the knee deep amount of snow she found herself battling against. With no way to access her Byakugan due to her sealed chakra, Gwen was unable to find her way through the wasteland, wasting more energy than she had, when she finally couldn't walk anymore, Gwen fell frozen in the tundra, hanging onto life by a thread due to her Otsutsuki lineage, she fell face first into the snow. As the blizzard continued, Gwen closed her eyes and began accepting the fact she wouldn't ever return home or fufill her goal surrendering to her fate.

Gwen awoke abruptly by a fire, intially she was confused. Was she still alive? How in the world did she end up inside a building. She was convinced her captors had caught up to her, but noticed that she wasn't bound like before. She heard a voice, that filled the room with a warmth that made the fire she sat infront of cold in comparison. Gwen looked around before she was ambushed by three large dogs that ran up to Gwen licking her face, leaving wet slob all over her.

"GROSS, get the hell off me you filthy creatures!" Gwen shouted.

"Woah calm down boys, give our guest some room now why dontcha! Looks like the guys are happy to see you awake, that's a releif."

Gwen looked up to see a dark skinned man, standing over her pulling the dogs back. The male before her was a handsome guy, Gwen was uneasy as she couldn't help but feel the feeling of butterflies in her stomach. It was a sensation she had never felt and sure as hell didn't want to find out exactly what it meant or why she was feeling it.

"How in the hell-" Gwen was interrupted before she could continue.

"Before that miss, eat something, you look like you haven't in days, or even longer I'd imagine." The male handed Gwen a bowl which she was reluctant to take at first. After staring at it blankly for a few seconds, unsure if she should trust this human or run, she couldn't fight the feeling in the pit of her stomach that was yearning for nourishment. Inside the bowl was a broth of some sort with vegetables and noodles along with tiny bits of meat that Gwen recognized as chicken. The smell alone made gwen's stomach tighten as it had been the first bite of food Gwen had taken in a while almost dropping the bowl due to burning accidently as she rushed the spoonful of soup down her throat. The soup seemed to replinish more and more of Gwen's strength the more she indulged, and after eating three bowls non-stop, Gwen was satisfied.

"Heh, well I'll be damn, a girl who can eat is a girl worth saving. Looks like I made the right choice to dig ya up."

"Who are you, and why'd you save me?" Gwen retorted, still unsure of the person who was showing her a kindness she hadn't been shown in all her years alive.

"I couldn't exactly let you freeze out ther could I? That Blizzard's one the worst we seen yet, you'd have been a goner had I made it to you any later than I did. Luckily my mom was a medic, and I picked up a thing or two about dealing with frostbite. You're lucky, it hadn't set as you'd definitely woulda been out a limb or two. Anyways, I'm Eziah, but you're welcome to call me Ez."

"Well Ez, I'm terribly late for a meeting with a certain man, but I really appreciate everything you've done for me. I've really got to get going." Gwendolyn stood up, gathering herself before starting towards the door.

" You sure you want to do that? Apparently this snow stomrs not gonna let up, and you'd only die if you went out ther by yourself again. Where you headed, maybe I can help?

Reluctant at first, eventually Gwen decided after all the hospitality, she could let Ez know what had transpired to her over the period of time she had been away from her home. Ez remained silent during this time, but nodded every now and then to let Gwendolyn knbow he was fully entranced in her story. After Gwen had retold her course of events, Ez had let her know he would do all in his power to ensure she made it to where she needed to go, he quickly prepped his dogs and his snow sled and after making preparations needed to continue to travel across the icey terrain.

Gwen was satisfied, she was finally going to return home and end the conflict once and for all.

LLM

Top Bottom