Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Adonijah, Son of David

This is the beginning of my mission using the following elements:
Facilitate a major peace agreement (5)
Summary: Adonijah, son of David, revisits old memories as a representative and diplomat of Solomon, King of Israel, and his time facilitating the peace terms between the Merchants of Velmara with the Veskal village.

Around him were none other than cutthroats, dubious merchants, and cretins of all walks of life. He propped his feet on the rickety wooden picnic table on the outskirts of the Exchange; the place had changed considerably since the last time he was here. Back then, Veskal's Exchange was known not for its black market activity, but for the village it housed - the Veskal Village. It was a large and bustling community on the outskirts of the Israeli Kingdom long ago during the reign of King Solomon. But now, after so much time had passed, it was no more than a place where bandits and other low life scoundrels congregated to do business that wouldn't be allowed in places like Last Bastion. And here Adonijah, third eldest son of David, rested. Perhaps he had come back for a reason, or perhaps it was merely on his way to visit his younger brother. Either way, the veteran knight, diplomat, statesman, and now nomad rest.

How life changes...I've spent so much time in the Void that it seems the world around me as I knew it has just completely transformed. The Wandering Knight thought to himself in peace; most of the less than reputable scum at the Exchange could tell on instinct not to bother Adonijah. Along his back was his precious greatsword, the Judgement of Solomon. It was a blade named in honor of the Sword of King Solomon, the blade that his younger brother had used to cut out Absalom's ankles from underneath him when they were young men and children - back when Absalom's betrayal had led to a rebellion within the Kingdom of Israel. A rebellion that would drive their father to depression, and shape Solomon's reign. It was that blade that seemed to keep the cretins around him at bay. Adonijah smiled slightly at the thought; that his younger brother's gift to him would still, to this day, keep him safe and out of harm's way.

Absalom. The name echoed in his mind. Absalom was his twin brother, and they were both elders to Solomon. But it was Solomon and himself that saw to the end of Absalom's life that fateful night in his younger brother's bedroom. But Absalom's name, and the twisted magics that tainted him to spark his rebellion, would continue to vex the sons of David for years after. A story that would begin here in what became known as Veskal's Exchange....

His mind had drifted back all those years to this very spot where Adonijah, and his close companion Talia, would meet with Elder Vyskel, Arthyr, Trademaster of the Velmaran Merchants, and Tyseria, their sergeant-at-arms. Back then, Veskal's Exchange was not the marketplace it was today, though perhaps Adonijah's decisions then had helped shape it into its modern form. The village's meeting place was no larger than a small bedroom; Veskal was hardly a place of wealth. It's major source of income was its small focus in a single export: spices. Their primary trade partner at the time had been Israel, and the Velmaran Merchants sought to expand their influence eastward. It was the people of Veskal that had protested to their expansion, and a war quickly followed. Velmara and their trademaster, Arthyr, desperately wanted to push into Israel's market. And they hardly cared about the livelihood it would cost the Veskal Village.

"Elder Vyskel, Trademaster Arthyr, Tyseria, I am Adonijah, elder brother of Solomon, third King of Israel, sons of David. I have been selected by my brother and king to represent the Kingdom of Israel's interests, as well as act as an impartial mediator in the peace negotiations we are about to begin and conclude today." He looked out among the men and women at the stone round table; aside from Talia, Vyskel, Arthyr, and Tyseria, villagers and merchants alike had gathered in the room to observe the negotiations. It was packed in their small and humid wooden hut, and Adonijah could feel the beads of sweat drip down his forehead within mere minutes of the negotiations starting. "My brother has trusted me to see these negotiations through, as it is in the interests of all parties involved that peace be found. It is of great sadness that we watch hundreds die for the sake of wealth and trade on the borders of Israel, and it leaves our own people vulnerable to collateral damage should the conflict spill over into our borders."

"Thank you, Lord Adonijah." The voice belonged to the elderly Vyskel. He had been the village elder for decades now, having inherited the position from his father. For years both father and son had shared a close relationship with King David, Solomon's father and predecessor. "But...it pains me to share a room with these people. Hundreds of our men died fighting a war we never wanted. All over money." The elder's voice was strained.

"Your losses were great, Elder." Adonijah bowed his head; he could hear Talia breathing next to him, the warmth from her body near his providing strength. "But we are here to make peace. Refocus your pain into finding that, rather than prolonging conflict."

"Wise words, Son of David. Your father has taught you well." It was the gravelly voice of Arthyr. "We come before you Elder Vyskel to seek peace. Not continued war. Our intent had never been to fight; we merely wished to open trading with the wealthy Kingdom of Israel, and our spices were in direct competition with yours. This you know well. We are merchants by trade, and so our livelihood depends on it."

"Do not speak of your livelihood before me. Our village has suffered greatly at your hands. All because the previous Trademaster had cut down my brother in anger when we turned you away." Vyskel's voice flared in anger. It was clear these memories haunted him.

"Much has changed since the beginning of the war seven months ago. Elder Vyskel's brother died at the hands of Trademaster Tythus, who fled shortly thereafter and disappeared. We don't know where he went, and it is he who should answer for these hostilities. But that isn't possible today, and we should move past it. Do not let your emotions control what happens next - the decisions made and the actions taken here will determine the future of your progeny. Their prosperity is at stake, and I believe an agreement can be made for the betterment of everyone, not just the few or a single faction. No one here is in a position to walk away without an agreement; Elder Vyskel - your village is on the brink of ruination. Your spice trade has collapsed, and without some form financial infusion the people here will live destitute. Arthyr, Trademaster Tythus drew the Velmaran Trade Guild into a war that cost it both its reputation and its resources."

When Adonijah stopped speaking murmuring filled the room. Villagers and merchants alike were suddenly gripped with the dreadful realization that this war had been for nothing; would it continue? Would more lives be lost? Would they lose their wealth? The fear was practically palpable; fear that was born from a war that neither side had wished to fight in the first place. All brought on by the belligerence of one man: Tythus.

A woman in the crowd suddenly shouted, forcing her voice above the clamoring and murmuring that had permeated following Adonijah's words. "Why is Israel suddenly so interested in a resolution to OUR conflict?" Her words were seeped in anger. Clearly she was a villager, rather than a merchant. She wore rags covered in dirt, likely spending the day in the farms while the men went off to fight in the war. "You stood by while the Velmarans abused us, killed our men, pillaged our fields, and looted our crops. We want nothing to do with Israel or the Velmarans in peace."[/color] The murmuring quickly sparked to anger as a number of Velmaran Merchants and Veskalians suddenly started shouting at each other, raising their voices and hands, almost as if a fight would break out in that very small and hot room.

"Shut up, the lot of ya!" It was now Talia, his companion, that spoke. In many ways she, at the time, represented the better half of Adonijah. A side of him that didn't exist in the shadow of his younger brother Solomon. Solomon inherited the true bloodline of David, while Adonijah had none of the traditional Otsutsuki traits. All he could lay claim to was better than average sword skills, and an unwavering loyalty to his family. Talia kept his spirits high, reminding him that there was more to life than blood. Adonijah peered to his right, nodding slightly. An invisible thank you to his friend. And her words worked. She was particularly belligerent, among other things - it seemed that the crowd there recognized that.

"Israel has always maintained a policy of neutrality. Your conflicts are of great concern to us. But we are nothing more than arbitrators on Tobusekai, looking to maintain peace for our own interests as well as those around us. So, Arthyr, Vyskel, I think it is in both of your interests to listen to the agreement we have prepared."

The two nodded, and the room fell silent.

"Veskal Village will retain 35% of the spice trade with Israel, having exclusive rights to no more, and no less, than that portion of the trade. The Velmaran Guild will gain 65% of the spice trade, as compensation for their own monetary losses. But because the Veskalians are not a village known for their exports, and instead are mostly just exporting and trading to survive, the Velmaran Trade Guild will provide subsidies for Veskalian agriculture." He paused for a moment, letting the room take in what he had just said. It was a gambit, forcing the village to accept a far weaker position in trade with Israel. But he knew that they were not truly interested in trade. They just wanted to survive, to get by, and make it day by day. This deal would allow that, and more. They would prosper with a Velmaran partnership. It meant economically their agriculture would support themselves, and they could begin to learn real trade, and find new exports to grow, rather than just focus on one. "Israel will provide military support to Veskal, should this agreement go to the wind and the Velmarans renege on it. Remember, we seek peace. Not war. This allows the Guild a much more profitable trade agreement with Israel, while still maintaining the economic security of the village."

Adonijah's words seemed to satisfy the room. There was a slight murmuring among the crowd, but no outcry like what had happened earlier. "And, to find justice in this madness, the Kingdom of Israel will support an investigation into the disappearance of Trademaster Tythus. It will be led by me and my companion Talia, supported by the king. Now, we are not friends here. But we are comrades. Each of our best interests now lay with the other. The Kingdom of Israel relies on the spice trade for its own people, and should the Velmarans go to war it will be disrupted. The Veskalians rely on the Velmarans for economic security, and on Israel for military security should war begin. And the Velmarans will have no income should they renege and Israel backs Veskal. It is in all of our best interests to sustain this new found peace. Now, shake on it."

Arthyr and Vyskel each walked around the table and shook hands, nodding slightly and then embracing each other to affirm their partnership.

"To survive, mutual peace is required. But not only to survive, but to find justice. Do not overstep yourselves, my lords, for you will find the might of Israel brought down firmly. Justice can only be brought to Tythus if we all work together."

End mission.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Save a large community from danger (5)
Summary: Following the peace negotiations between the Veskal Village and the Velmaran Trade Guild, the village is attacked by mysterious assailants. Adonijah rushes to the defense, saving as many lives as possible in an attempt to keep the newly found trade agreement alive. Part two of Adonijah's memories.

"Talia, fetch my horse. We must ride to Jerusalem to inform the king that the agreement was a success." The crowd had begun to disperse from the wooden hut at the center of the village. A sense of pride washed over Adonijah, fulfilling his duty to crown and country; he would return to King Solomon, report his success, and life would go on. It was a routine now with Israel. The country had been growing so quickly and prosperously since King David had passed away. The former king, while he ruled wise and well, had grown languished in his final months. Benign neglect became wilful neglect as the kingdom slipped further and further into stagnation. His brother, and his administration, turned Israel into a vibrant economic power in Tobusekai. And that success was never permanent; this agreement was a testament to that realization - that they would be constantly fending off disaster.

"Of course, Adon." Talia smiled slightly, walking out of the hut with a little skip in her step that even Adonijah couldn't ignore. She was his better half, and clearly she felt the same pride he did.

"Lord Adonijah. Thank you for your patience in there." A stranger's hand rest on Adonijah's shoulder, holding him back briefly. The Israeli representative turned slightly behind him to see the Arthyr's face, the Velmaran trademaster. "This was not a war we wanted, like we told King Solomon. I am sure you will reinforce desire to your brother."

Adonijah nodded, a slight smile across his countenance. Though suddenly that peaceful moment was broken by a series of high pitched screams in the distance. Merchants and villagers alike fell silent in the tent as the screams intensified; they weren't simply cries for help, or out of fear. They were terrible and dreadful cries. Shrieks that one would hear in a horror story, not from a war. The initial wake of a bloodshed. And then, it came. "Elder Vyskel! They've returned!" Another shout, this time from a man with a spear running from the outskirts of the western portion of the village. The blade was covered in blood, likely the blood of another's. Adonijah was overcome by dread - had the Velmarans tricked them? Or was this the work of another? Perhaps Tythus was behind it?

From within the crowd Elder Vyskel forced his way to the exit, sprinting out. "Out of the way, out of the way!" He shouted, dread gripping his face. He had been so worried that he didn't even stop to acknowledge Adonijah or Arthyr; the situation was clearly dire. The pair followed him out, pushing spectators aside. "Rally the guard!" Vyskel shouted. He was old, and clearly not a combatant, but he rushed forward toward the shouting. Though within moments a sudden burst of fire could be seen in the horizon as wooden huts suddenly combusted.

"Talia! Talia!" Adonijah shouted, though she was nowhere to be found.

Arthyr grabbed his arm, "This wasn't us, Adon. Trust me. I wouldn't come out here all this way just to wipe out a village and piss off Israel."

The knight nodded, deciding to trust the trademaster then. He didn't have much of a choice after all. By now flames had built in the distance, illuminating the sunsetting horizon with an orange and crimson glow. The fire had begun to spread through the western quadrant of the village. Panic had gripped the community, and Adonijah acted on instinct. Options were limited and with the lives of thousands at risk he didn't have time to contact Solomon; he would have to address the situation personally. "Let's go." Determination flashed in his eyes, and he charged west.

Fighting through the crowd was no easy task, so Adonijah opted to leap from rooftop to rooftop westward. Hundreds of villagers from that district were fleeing in the same direction, making movement nearly impossible in a timely manner. But perhaps the worst part of the attack were the screams of dread and terror echoing through the streets. People running were shouting, "Run from it!" or "They've come to eat us!" Was it a beast? He wondered.

Finally he reached the source of the flames. Two men in grey cloaks with the Velmaran sigil on them were torching various residences with Fire Style techniques. He watched from the distance, but something about them struck him as off. They weren't quite...human. Their bodies, cloaked under their grey shrouds, had various appendages and protrusions emerging from their backs. Was this what the villagers meant by eat them? Were these beasts? It mattered little, Adonijah leapt from the rooftop with Vyskel's guardsmen. The group of nearly ten soldiers interrupted their attack.

"You there, Velmaran. Your leaders have found peace. Stand down now or face the might of Israel." His words were firm, but fair. Perhaps these were soldiers that had lost their way, or men under Tythus's old banner.

"I see. So the brother has come. He warned us this would happen...." The first cloaked man, his voice silent, practically hissing at Adonijah. "I shall warn the Master, he will want to know that Israel has made its move..." Israel had made its move? Was he referring to the treaty? Before Adonijah could inquire, the first man vanished in a cloud of black smoke, leaving behind not even a trace of his presence in the area. It was the second man, who was still expelling flames from his mouth into a nearby house, that was the only remaining threat.

"We were told you would come, Adonijah." The second invader said.

"You know my name?" Adonijah's eyes narrowed slightly, suspicion and concern welling in his gut.

"Oh, I know more than your name. I know your brother." The cloaked man turned toward Adonijah, lowering his hood and revealing not only a wicked smile, but ashen grey skin, red eyes, and blood red vein-like markings across his face. They were all signs of a warped human life, or as King Solomon called them, the Twisted. They were humans warped by ancient, anatomy changing material that went far beyond chakra. Little did the pair know, these were the first Children of Tiamat. "And no, not your younger brother."

Adonijah's eyes blinked twice; what had he just said? It wasn't his younger brother that he knew? That could only leave Amnon and Absalom, the two elder brothers that Adonijah had lost in Absalom's rebellion. Had one lived? "Speak now, and I may leave your head attached to your neck." The Wandering Knight spoke calmly, but rage filled the undertones of his voice. The idea of Absalom still living filled Adonijah with a maelstrom of feelings; fear, anger, sadness - all emotions swirling in his heart. "SPEAK DAMN YOU!" He shouted now, his voice raised above the commotion in the village as villagers still attempted to flee from the man's destruction, a rampage that had thankfully been paused by their conversation. The pause gave enough time for Vyskel's men to help orderly evacuate villagers from the western district, leaving just Adonijah and the man to face each other.

But no words were shared. Instead, the man's wicked smile just remained, goading the brother into confrontation. "Fine. I have sworn to protect this village. And protect it I shall." He leaped into the air, kneading water chakra into his mouth and unleashing a barrage of water senbon at the man. Water Style was not Adonijah's specialty; but he couldn't rely on his Fire Nature transformation in such close quarters; it would only hasten the destruction of the village, leading to more chaos.

"I am glad, brother of Absalom!" His wicked voice cried out one last time, throwing off the entire cloak to reveal a terribly warped monster. "This village will burn, one way or another!" On his back were tendrils of fleshy appendages that twisted upon themselves and then turned downward from their weight. His fingers were longer man most, with each digit twice as long as that of a normal human. And without the cloak a tail extended from his lower back. All formed from the same grey, ashen flesh. But rather than dodge the man simply let the water senbon slice through his body, black blood spurting outwards. "I FEEL ALIVE!." He shouted, leaping at Adonijah.

(Suiton: Tenkyū) - Water Release: Heavenly Weeping
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra: 30
Damage: 60
Description: A technique in which chakra is kneaded in the user's body, transformed into water and then shaped into senbon in the mouth before finally being expelled at a high velocity. The needles are shot in an attempt to catch the enemy off guard, while also aiming at their vitals.
Adonijah reacted quickly, falling downward toward the man and unable to control his own momentum. He instinctively reacted by swinging Judgement downward in a crescent slash, unleashing a crimson chakra wave at the man. In response, as he reached the peak of his ascent and now a mere few meters from Adonijah, he unleashed a single fireball at the slash, easily overpowering it and leading it to a free path toward Adonijah. Shit. He thought to himself, no time for hand seals. He focused water chakra into his free fist, letting Judgement fall to his side on the ground. With a fist formed of water he simply punched through the fireball.

"HELLO AGAIN!" The wicked voice of the second man suddenly, and gleefully, shouted as the steam from the two techniques clashing evaporated. He was now in arm's distance of Adonijah, and used his tail to smack the brother to the ground.

"You're...damnit!" He called out, grabbing his tail as it slammed his stomach, knocking the wind out of him. But he succeeded in pulling the man down with him, falling adjacent to Adonijah directly onto the hilt of the Judgement of Solomon. The spellforged steel of Judgement resisted the man's weight, snapping his back in half and severing his nervous system, killing him almost instantly. A single gurgle of laughter could be heard as the two fell, disturbing Adonijah significantly.

"Adon, are you okay!?" It was Talia's voice, pushing her way through the group of Vyskel guards that had been watching the brief encounter.

"Yes, I'm fine..." He paused, carefully inspecting the man's face. He couldn't recognize him, yet somehow he seemed to know either Amnon or Absalom. What could it mean? "We...we must prepare. More are to come." For now the threat was gone, but was Adonijah strong enough to face more of them? What if his brother came?

( Suraisu Shinku no Nami ) - Slicing Crimson Wave
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: 40
Description: The user does a simple cresent-shaped slash at the opponent, expelling a red chakra wave.
(Katon: Gōka no Jutsu) - Fire Release: Hellfire Technique
Description: The user will manipulate their chakra and breath out from their mouth a large fireball that travels at the opponent. As it reaches the opponent it bursts into a maelstrom of fire engulfing them in flames.
(Suiton: Kikkubokushingu Mizu) - Water Release: Water Kickboxing
Type: Attack | Defence
Range: Short
Description: The user focuses water chakra in any part of his body which he intends to use to attack or defend from an attack(e.g. fists, palms, arms, legs, etc) and when attacking or defending, releases and molds the water to an expanded size of that body part. For example, if the user wants to punch an opponent with his/her right fist, he/she releases water from that fist, quickly shaping it into that same fist but a faster and larger size of it, dealing more damage to the opponent and leaving them soaked. If it's a kick, then the water released is molded into the shape of the user's leg but a faster and bigger size. The releasing of the water is really fast, making it seem like user is punching/kicking them out of their body. The size of the expanded water body part is the same as an Akimichi's but does not have the solid property of a normal hand since it is water. The user can punch/kick out the expanded water body parts multiple times, although not more than 3 times with one.

Note: Usable 4 times per battle and only on one particular limb at a time.
Note: Courtesy of Littlefinger

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️

This post marks the beginning of my mission using the following elements:
Experiment with very advanced ninjutsu (5)

Strix had reached the marketplace known as Veskals Exchange which was surprisingly busy considering its place among Tobuseki and the dangers that lurked on the continent. Walking through she saw plenty of strange and foreign items for sale, some animal hides shed never seen before, some strange foods, some interesting contraptions and inventions all trying to sell and make a profit. When Strix had reached the end of the marketplace, she saw a small stall that had only one item on its table. Many passed by looking but never really stopping which fascinated Strix. She approach to find the man simply standing there with the orb, pitch black and perfectly spherical only the size of a fist, sitting in a holder on the table. He was asking for an interesting trade, only wanting to get rid of it. Reaching into her bag and pulling out a charm she had made from the Northern Snows, she told the man how it would ward off nightmares within dreams and ward off evil spirits. He seemed content and accepted her trade. Wrapping up the orb in a fabric, he thanked her and packed up leaving Strix to exit the market with her new purchase.

She left the market, to stay on the outside of the borders, towards the east which was near her goal, and set up a small camp, with a cauldron boiling and took out her purchase. There didnt seem to be anything strange about it, although now holding it in her hand, it felt warm to the touch. No visible markings or any other signs but it was warm as if something was heating it. But the small sphere, sitting in her palm didnt do anything. Strix poured a trickle of water over it, and the water ran over, she felt the water and it was as cool as when she poured it, meaning the heat didnt transfer over. It was curious, the actual orb itself felt like it was made out of a metal but was as light as plastic. Strix tried knocking on it or even trying to drop it on the ground to open but nothing would crack it, or even leave a mark on the object.

Thinking to herself, Strix would use her medical knowledge to create a small concentrated beam of chakra, similar to that of a scalpel to project from her two fingers trying to make an incision on the orb. Smoke started to emit from where Strix was trying to focus the chakra of her fingers into the orb, but it wasnt budging, the skin itself still perfectly smooth and unmarked.

( Iryō Ninjutsu: Chakra no Mesu ) - Medical Technique: Chakra Scalpel
Type: Supplementary/Offensive
Chakra Cost: 15 - 30 ( per turn )
Damage Points: 30 - 60
Description: Chakra no Mesu is a special Ninjutsu technique used by medical ninjas. The ninja will focus chakra to their hands. This medical technique then enables the users chakra to transform into small, sharp blades. This can then be used for highly accurate incisions necessary for surgeries and anatomical dissections. Unlike regular metal scalpels, the chakra scalpel can make cuts inside the body without actually creating an open wound, limiting the risks of an infection (although it can also be used to cut the external tissues as well). The chakra scalpel can also be used offensively, although it requires great precision to be effective. Because of this requirement, using the chakra scalpel offensively is highly unusual. In heated combat, even the greatest medical-nin won't be able to exert the precision needed to make fatal cuts, but it can still effectively cut muscle tissues and tendons, rendering the target immobile. Adding to the technique's blade like quality, it also appears to give the user an increased level of durability over their chakra clad hands. The strength and effects of the technique are determined by how much chakra is put into it and how much skill and focus the user has in the technique. Its effects vary according to the targeted body though to cut through strong tissues such as bone, great skill, focus and chakra is needed. The effect can be sustained while the user focuses chakra into it.
Note: Can only be used by Canon Medical Bios or NB Medical Ninjas.

Strix placed the ball down with a confused look on her face. She tried manipulating the earth to crush it, spitting fire to burn it, lightning to shock it but nothing came from it. Strix screwed up her face over frustration and stomped her foot to vent her anger. Picking up the Orb she threw it with all her strength, and as she turned her back and sat down she turned back to face the fire. It was there, sitting just next to the flickering flames.

It was strange she had thrown it over the next tree but here it was without the slightest hint of anything that happened. Examining the orb closely, Strix wondered where it had come from. Was it from this Earth, was it alien, was it created by humans, how old was it. Questions plagued her mind. This object looked like to came back to her, was it now bound to her, by the transaction?

Strix had no clue about what to do with it, or even what it was for, but she wanted to experiment with it, using ninjutsu or even just experimenting with any and all kinds of methods. Strix knew that it was pretty much immune to almost anything she could use, so she would have to experiment with some new methods or some Kinjutsu that might potentially hurt her or at the very least have some adverse side effects. Taking the orb up to her mouth, it might be worth trying strange things that wouldn't normally be used, and ran her tongue over the orb. The orb crackled upon contact with her tongue, causing an enormous shock throwing Strix back, undignified into a bush, smoking and crackling with the left over electricity. Her body hurt, the pain was through her whole body, probably almost killing her but at least she found something new?

Well note to self not to do that again, try not to die from this thing, clearly it had enormous power at least enough contained within itself to throw her away with a large shock. Picking herself up and dusting off, Strix walked back to the orb now on the ground, and looked at it. There was a mark where she had licked it, as if part of it was wiped away, revealing a lighter grey underneath. Perhaps it reacted to her physical body, or some sort of biological reaction? Was it actually a creature? Hard to say, but Strix thought of another advanced ninjutsu to try, particularly Yang, which was the embodiment of life, given vitality and proper living consciousness. Focusing the chakra in her palm to the orb, she manipulated it into Yang, and as she did the orb began to heat up, getting hotter to the point where Strix had to drop it. But there it was again, part of it revealing a grey layer. This orb clearly reacts to a vitality, whether living life force energy or something more. Strix had no idea what would be inside but at this rate, it was going to take a while to figure out what it was that was inside.

This object was created by something very advanced or at least something creative enough to withstand advanced ninjutsu. Over the next hour Strix continually poured Yang chakra into the orb, whittling it down, trying from different angles till nothing but a grey orb was left, draining Strix of almost all her stamina. It had taken all night but she was finally closer to finding out what was inside. Breathing heavily out of breath and extremely tired, She could see the lines that all met up to a circular point on top of the orb. Without thinking but almost as if by instinct, she pressed the circle on top, and as it depressed, the side panels fell down, like a blossoming flower.

Strix almost let out an audible gasp when she saw what was inside. A flower. A perfectly replicated Lotus flower, emerald green along its stem, bright pink purple and white petals, a beautiful sight to behold. Strix wasn't entirely sure why this had been wrapped up in some strange orb, created to protect it, but the Lotus sat there, bright as if glowing lit from within, casting a faint green and purple and pink aura on Strix.

Placing it down on the ground, Strix smiled at the simplicity of it, perhaps it was just a box to keep a treasure, or to protect it. She may never know, but it was worth spending almost every ounce of strength to see that flower, reminding her of the fragility of the world and how it must be protected.

Packing up her bags and fire, Strix continued on with a smile on her face, and the memory of a night spent experimenting with a small orb, to plant a flower.

LLM

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Win a fight without your ninjutsu (5)
Summary: Adonijah pursues an invader. Part three of his flashbacks.

"We...we must prepare. More are to come." Words that echoed in the son of David's head. More. More of what? The Twisted that his brother had warned him of? Were they of the same ilk that his twin brother Absalom was? Would he see his twin? The memories came flooding back to Adonijah as he sat there in Veskal's Exchange. Now, looking back, he knew there more to come; much more. It was the beginning of Adonijah's descent toward darkness, or the Void. It was that evening after the negotiations had come to an end and the Veskal Village had been defended that his transformation would begin...

"Adon. Adon." Moments passed as the white noise ringing in his ears subsided. It was Talia, she was shaking his shoulder. Was he stressed? Did he have a panic attack? "Are you with us?" She prodded, still shaking him as the ringing subsided.

"We have to... go after him." Adonijah spoke slowly, as if convincing himself that was the necessary course of action. "The one that died," his eyes drifted to the corpse of the second intruder, his lifeless body strewn on the ground next to Judgement; his spine had been broken in half. He remembered now. How long had he zoned out from his battle? "The one that died, he knew Absalom." Adonijah gasped for air, urgency surging in his voice. "We have to find him." Adonijah stood up, shaking off Talia's gentle hand. "Stay here. Secure the village. The invader couldn't have gone far."

Talia nodded as Adonijah turned away, leaping once again on top of the scorched wooden roofs and hurrying off westward. The smell of burning wood and burnt flesh still permeated the air; the attack had cost the lives of hundreds of villagers. Hundreds of innocent lives taken by these 'twisted.' He suspected that the man couldn't have gone far. Their earlier conversation had seemed designed to goad the elder brother into chasing him; a dangerous pursuit of knowledge. He was now at the outskirts of the village, sighing audibly. Had he run? His words were clearly intended to bait him, and he happily had taken it. Adonijah looked back to see smoke billowing from the western district of the village.

"Adonijah." It was him. The once cloaked man appeared, almost out of thin air. He had discarded his Velmaran garbs, opting instead for a standard shinobi's outfit. Though it did little to hide his ashen grey skin, his red eyes, or the horns and wing-like protrusions emerging from his body. He was a monster disguised in human clothes, in every sense of the word. The man hadn't taken a battle stance, he simply stood idle by the tree, gazing at Adonijah.

"What do you know about Absalom?" The third eldest son of David demanded, his voice sharp.

"It is erroneous to believe that your brother died that night when he came to assassinate your younger brother. He lives." He spoke dryly, with words not seeped in emotion. His expression was just as blank, confusing the Wandering Knight.

"That's... impossible. The King and I had struck him down that night. His pulse had stopped...I checked...."

"You truly believe that, don't you...." The man took a basic ready stance, a small grin spreading over his face. "You stand at the precipice of darkness. And the Void will embrace you." Suddenly the man's body underwent a dramatic transformation; his muscle mass would increase dramatically, with a series of horns ripping out from his back and forearms. His body grew to twice its size, while his hands shaped themselves into sharp, chitin bladed objects.

(Seimei no Umi: Genshitekina Sai Keisei) – Sea of Life: Primordial Reshaping
Type: Supplementary
Range: N/A (Self)
Chakra: 50 (-20 per turn)
Damage: N/A
Description: This technique generates Sea of Life material through the user’s own veins, derived from Takauji Ashikaga’s use of Voidborne Corruption. The purpose of Primordial Reshaping is to, with a limited amount of Sea of Life, allow the user to flow it through their form and reshape their body to a limited degree. With this technique the user can grow in size, up to a maximum of twice their current size, or grow smaller. The user can grow additional limbs, or heal lost limbs. They can grow horns, tails, claws, wings to fly, or chitinous armor on their body. When activated, regardless of the changes that the user wills, their skin will turn a darker ash grey. The technique will heal the user for 80 health (40 per turn) and increase their speed by 3.0x for its duration, following the type of alteration they make. For example, if they grow stronger legs then the user will run faster. If they grow wings then the user will fly faster. This technique can be used two times per battle, once per opponent. It lasts for four turns and cannot be used once it expires for three turns.
"A child, you said?" Adonijah asked, raising Judgement and in a defensive stance. But by now the man no longer cared to respond, no longer cared to toy with the son of David. It was time to fight. It was time to end their incursion. Adonijah drew his sword and jumped forward, raising it to slice down on the monster's head; he knew the strike would turn out to be fruitless. After all, the man had just transformed into an even more demonic form than he had been just moments ago. A simple strike such as this would do nothing. And as the sword came down the man raised his now sharpened chitinous hands, blocking it and showering metal sparks in all directions. Adonijah shifted his weight, lifting his left leg to kick at the man's shoulder, breaking their pseudo-swordlock.

"Naive!" The man shouted, taking Adonijah's Judgement in hand now and throwing him to the side. What immense strength, he thought to himself. Whatever transformation he had undergone made his physical strength considerably greater than that of his counterpart earlier in the village. The Wandering Knight went flying to the left now, his body dragging along the grass and dirt until his momentum finally ceased. He leapt up, springing back into battle at the man and slashed at the man's forearms; they were clearly his strongest body part, and only there could Adonijah hope to leverage an advantage. But as the blade struck the man made no effort to dodge, instead taking the blow directly. The sword now plunged into each arm and halting where his arm's bone would be. Black blood trickled down his arms as they began to emit a steam. Regeneration...! Adonijah's eyes widened, attempting to withdraw the sword as the flesh around his arms began to restore itself, practically consuming the edge of the blade in the process.

"Mother's blessing is not one to be underestimated..!" He shouted as he brought his dead downwards, slamming into Adonijah's forward and launching him backwards yet again. Though this time he was more prepared, and had adjusted for the man's vastly greater physical strength. As he flies back Adonijah draws five senbon from his pouch, whipping them each at the monster, two aimed at his arms, two at his eyes, and one at his forehead. The senbon had been far too fast, and far too small for the man to react. Each needle met its target, leaving the man to scream out in pain as the sharp tips drew blood.

"Answer me, damnit. Tell me about Absalom." Adonijah sprinted forward, using the time he had created with the senbon as a moment to attack, to land a devastating blow against the invader. Swinging Judgement in an arc as he came within melee range the blade easily sliced through his arms and chest as he made the undercut. The man was sent off his feet, stumbling backwards and screaming in agony. Still clutching his weapon Adonijah went for one final blow, driving Judgement into the man's chest cavity; crunching and cracking sounds could be heard as the blow pierced through the layer of chitinous armor that protected his body.

As the man fell backwards Adonijah's breathing had grown rugged. But answers were still needed. "Answer me, before you die. Answer me and free yourself of this curse." He was practically pleading at this point.

"Curse?" The man coughed as he lay on the ground, blood trickling out from his wounds and his mouth. His body attempted to regenerate the damage, but the vital organs he had were still damaged. "This is no curse, Adonijah, son of David. This is a blessing. It is freedom. It is power. And soon, Absalom shall teach you that. Very soon."

End mission.

Reactions: Zatanna

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Safely transport highly classified information (5)
Summary: The results of an autopsy are taken to King Solomon. Part four of Adonijah's flashbacks.

A few days had passed since the battle between the last of the intruders and Adonijah; since then, the man's body had been taken to Veskal for Elder Vyskel to perform an autopsy. "Be safe." Talia said to him, adjusting Adonijah's cloak and securing the scroll with the autopsy results in side of it. "And give your brother my best. I look forward to seeing him soon enough. I'll keep things settled here." Adonijah hadn't been party to the autopsy; after the battle he had opted to rest instead of listen to Elder Vyskel's results. Though, from Talia's expression, it seemed that the procedure had only generated more questions, instead of answers. "I can't say much about Absalom, I didn't know him. But I'm sure the king can help." Talia reached out, hugging Adonijah, and he returned her embrace.

"I'll be sure to give him your best. Whatever this scroll has, my brother will be able to interpret it. We'll unravel this mystery; somehow Tythus and Absalom are working together. They orchestrated this entire war. But for what?" He let Talia go, turning away from her. "They may be difficult opponents, these Twisted. But whatever they might be, we will triumph. I'll make sure this scroll doesn't fall in enemy hands." With that said, Adonijah walked away. The Wandering Knight secured his cloak, leaping off to the north ridge line above the series of wooden hut residences. The journey to Israel would take a few hours, fortunate circumstances for his journey. As he left the village he closed his eyes, blinking once to reveal his three tomoe Sharingan. The Sharingan had manifested in him just as it had done so in Amnon, his eldest brother. It was the bloodline that contrasted Solomon's, likely having derived from Hagoromo directly. Solomon, on one side of the bloodline, awakened the Byakugan and achieved its higher evolution: the Tenseigan. For a time, it seemed that it would be Amnon that would awaken the Rinnegan, following in the tradition of the second half of the bloodline. But instead, Amnon's life was cut short, having only awakened his Mangekyou Sharingan a year before his death at the hands of Absalom. It left Adonijah to be the only bearer of the Sharingan among the siblings. But unlike Amnon, Adonijah had only awakened the Sharingan in its normal state.

( Doujutsu: Sharingan ) Eye Technique: Copy Wheel Eye
Range: Short-Long
Chakra: 15 - 30 ( -5 per turn for 1T and 2T, 10 per turn to keep active for 3T )
Description:
One of the Three Great Dōjutsu (San Daidōjutsu), the Sharingan is the kekkei genkai of the Uchiha clan. Unlike the other Dōjutsu, not all members of the Uchiha Clan possess the Sharingan. This great Dōjutsu seems to awaken only on exceptional Uchiha members and only in times of great stress. Once awaken, the pupil turns red and a single tomoe (巴) seal appears around the center pupil. As the user masters and evolves their eyes, the tomoe (巴) seals increase, topping 3 per eye. The main ability of the Sharingan, like any other Dōjutsu, is to enable the user to see the flow of chakra. This ability is further improved as the Sharingan gives color to chakra, enabling the user to differentiate chakras from different people or from different sources. Although the user can see chakra through matter, he cannot see beyond dense matter or in long distances. Coupled with the ability to see chakra, Sharingan users gain acess to an incredible clarity of perception that enables them to read insanely fast movements or minor details, enabling them the ability to foresee in an easier way, traps, incoming attacks, etc. This clarity of perception is so great that a Sharingan user can sometimes start performing a counter to an attack that is still being performed, enabling the counter to be launched only a split a second after the attack. This clarity of perception leaves Sharingan users able to track high speed movement easily as well as to read through handseals. This last ability enables them to learn techniques much faster and sometimes copy them directly from the enemy, as long as the user has the necessary chakra affinities and requirements to perform it. Finally, the Sharingan is often linked to Genjutsu and mind-manipulating illusions, mostly because the user can, mostly through Eye Contact, directly and precisely use his chakra to manipulate the enemy's chakra flow. In return, the users clarity of perception gives him the ability to more easily decipher visual illusions cast upon him and see past them. The Sharingan has a great cost to the user though. The chakra consumption disables its use for long periods of time and, even when the user grows stronger, it's still hard to keep it active for long periods of time.
Note: The user, if he hasn't gained full mastery over his Sharingan, will need to spend a move to activate it, although as long as he has chakra and enough stamina he'll be able to keep it active until the end of the match. If the user is Sannin Rank or above and has gained his 3 Tomoe Sharingan and held it for one month, he becomes able to passively activate it, meaning he'll no longer spend a move of his 3 per turn.
Note: To avoid direct Eye Contact and be able to focus only on the body movement below the chin, the opponent needs to have mastered Taijutsu to possess the necessary skill
Note: C rank usage is for 1T Sharingan, B rank usage is reserved for 2T Sharingan. A Rank usage is reserved for 3T Sharingan.
Note: Predicting the nature of a technique or what it exactly is requires the user to either know the technique or that its a cannon technique.
Note: Danzo and Kakashi bios activate the Sharingan by removing the covers in their respective eyes and suffer a +10 chakra consumption per turn penalty
Note: The user is bound by the abilities and limits of the stage of sharingan he possesses, stated in the rules of the KG.
Quickly the barren fields outside of Veskal transition into that of a dense forest, and Adonijah continued through it. Even with his Sharingan active, the Wandering Knight had focused on his mission entirely and his right foot was suddenly caught on a thin, sharp, metal wire that extended between two trees. Though it barely affected his speed, the sound had pulled Adonijah back to reality as he moved. He suddenly tenses, realizing that he had triggered a trap set for him - likely by more of the Twisted Men that he had encountered in the village. But instead, the wire triggered a mechanism that simply caused inert paper bombs to fall from the leaves of the tree; a characteristic of the paper tags that fell, observed with Adonijah's Sharingan. "Damnit." He stopped his leaping from branch to branch, catching his breath momentarily as the fear of the explosions subsided. They were taunting him, messing with him. Leaving him fearful of his life; though he pressed on, and as he continued he noticed more and more peculiar sights. Inscriptions in the bark of trees with signs of death, destruction, and flames. Various trees splattered with what could only be blood, animal or otherwise. It left Adonijah concerned, and confused. Whoever had done this was clearly cognizant of the son of David's route to Israel. And so as he ran he clutched the Judgement of Solomon's hilt tightly in his hand, readying himself for whatever may come.

It wasn't until thirty minutes later that something did happen. Adonijah had begun to trigger their traps intentionally, annoyed by their attempts to humiliate or scare him. But this time the tags that emerged from another tree, triggered by a third set of trip wire, were armed to explode with Kanji that clearly indicated it. It had been of little surprise; despite the Wandering Knight's confidence, he had anticipated that eventually he would trigger a live trap. Reacting on instinct he coated his body with stones, augmenting his defenses greatly. Though it came at a cost as he plummeted downward, crashing through various branches and trees until his earthen armored body slammed into the earth. Though, thankfully, he had been protected from the explosions and shrapnel above. Though Adonijah's eyes widened momentarily, suddenly hearing sprinting coming up from his left flank. He hurried to shed the heavy armor, and he was nearly too late.

(Doton no Yoroi) - Earth Release Armor
Type: Defensive
Chakra cost: 20 (-10 per turn to remain active)
Damage points: N/A (+10 to taijutsu moves)
Description: This Technique coats the users body with stones, making them much more resistant to attacks, at the cost of their speed. Whilst using this technique, the user can even change their appearance, but once the technique is either defeated or worn off the users original appearance is shown. The user whilst in this armor is resistant to B-rank Ninjutsu techniques, but is vulnerable to Raiton.
"Suiton: Suihachi!"

"Raiton: Jibashi!"

(Suiton: Suihachi) – Water Release: Hand of waves
Chakra: 15
Damage: 30
Description: the user will produce a fairly powerful jet of water from the user's hand.
(Raiton: Jibashi) - Lightning Release: Electromagnetic Murder
Range: Short (Short-Long depending on the water technique)
Damage: 30 (+10 to a water technique when used in conjunction)
Description: This jutsu allows the user to create a wave of electricity from the user's hands. This jutsu can vary in power from a small surge to shock an opponent to a powerful stream of lightning capable of ripping through solid rock. It is ideal to use in conjunction with a water jutsu.
Mmph. Adonijah scoffed; their combination, while potent on its surface, lacked in stopping power. The two voices were, surprisingly, female. With the streams of water and lightning barreling towards him from deeper in the treeline, Adonijah throws his left hand forward while still shedding half of the armor. Using the armor's weight to pivot his body further around its now altered center of mass, he unleashes a powerful net of blood-red colored fire. The infernal mesh net slammed through the trees, setting their small segment of the forest ablaze as it did so before finally clashing into the lightning and water techniques near simultaneously. A sudden eruption of steam and electricity neutralized against the net's superior force, albeit barely. For the time being Adonijah's position was left obscured by the steam; hopefully his opponents did not bear any form of sensing.

(Katon: Juzutsunagi) - Fire Release: Beaded Mesh
Description: The user launches condensed fire chakra in the form of a tangible blood-red colored net, generated from a weapon's length or body part (hand or foot), and simply throws it over the intended target(s) with a simple slashing motion from the weapon or waving motion from the body part. The net further binds and restricts opponents' movements by constricting to their form. This net appears elongated and somewhat narrow and can vary in size depending on what the user sees fit (cannot imprison something larger than half the size of Gamabunta). After throwing the net, the user can stab the net with the tip of their weapon by, for example, throwing the weapon towards the net or alternatively perform the tiger hand seal. Doing so will create orbs of fire on the constricted parts of the net that soon after erupt into a large and devastating explosion.
Note: Can only be used thrice per battle
Though it seemed it wasn't the case; they were already upon him. The pair had known the combinations of techniques that Adonijah had used, and judged that they could advance on him. The best thing Adonijah could do now was wait; allow the two to come in close, using the cloud of steam as cover. His plan was derived from the two seemingly rushing in blind. Rather than approach directly knowing where he was, the two seemed to be searching, only aware of his general location. Adonijah clutched the hilt of Judgement tighter, drawing it silently from his back as he heard the two search through the burning rubble. They did not speak, but it was clear they were on guard; ready for Adonijah to make his strike. But it was a strike that would only happen once they were as close as possible. His Sharingan granted him unprecedented vision in the fog; sight that, with it, was easily able to discern where the two were as they made their approach. And it allowed Adonijah to leverage his silence and his position, taking advantage of the fact that his assailants were clearly not prepared to be outfoxed. And based on the chakra he saw with his Sharingan, he could tell that the two were not members of the Twisted Men that he had seen at the village. They were human, albeit enemies unfortunately. Adonijah clutched at his cloak one last time, making sure that the scroll was still secured; he took comfort in feeling it. Information on their enemies. The unknown foe.

And then finally his moment to strike. The Wandering Knight had timed his strike perfectly, waiting until the two were just in range of the tip of Judgement. Adonijah's Sharingan gave him nigh perfect visual acuity, as well as the ability to predict the pair's movement. So timing his strike came fluidly to the son of the David. He swung wide, alerting the pair to his presence - although by now it hardly mattered. Judgement swung to the first woman's left flank, and Adonijah could perceive it as the blade struck her abdomen. Her screams of pain confirmed what he saw. The breadth of the blade continued, cutting through her swiftly to cleave the woman in half. Her companion was, admittedly, too close, and the blade continued through the first and into the second as Adonijah completed a 180 degree arc with the sword horizontal to the ground. The two had instantly died, leaving almost no time to even grunt or scream when the blade connected with their sides.

Once the steam had somewhat cleared the Wandering Knight took a moment to examine their cleaved corpses; it was as Adonijah thought. The two were not Twisted Men. They were simple unidentified female shinobis, unmarked in their allegiances. Adonijah clutched again at the scroll, taking comfort in his completed mission. Though it was confusing, to be sure; who were the women? Why were they not Twisted, and who sent them? Adonijah didn't speak a word, only walking away from the two bifurcated women. He gently wiped the bloodstains from the tip of Judgement, and continued his path toward Jerusalem.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Discuss highly classified information (5)
Plan a strategy with a major faction leader (5)
Summary: Brother and king meet to discuss strategy. Part five of Adonijah's flashbacks.

"Welcome back, Adonijah. Though I must express surprise; both Talia and the cohort I had assigned to you have not yet returned. I imagine they have remained with Elder Vyskel." Adonijah knelt before his brother, sitting atop the Throne of Israel. A week had passed since the brothers had seen each other. Adonijah, the elder, had departed at Solomon's request, acting as his representative. By now, Solomon had been king for many years; his reign had matured and he had begun to grow into an independent monarch, ruling through his own policy rather than his mother's. Only a year had passed since Solomon awoke his Tenseigan; the king had confided in Adonijah at the time about his revelation. A gift from god, he had called it. The transitioning of the Byakugan into the Tenseigan. Among David's progeny, only Amnon had awakened an ascended Doujutsu before Solomon. But in the case of Amnon, he had awakened the Mangekyou Sharingan because of Absalom's rebellion.

"They have. I came here alone, though I am sure you were aware of that," Adonijah managed with a slightly strained smile. Their relationship was perfectly fine, but the past year had left the elder brother somewhat contrasted from Solomon. The two had grown apart, and their interactions grew more formal. Had he grown envious? Intimated? Or perhaps the elder brother only wished to live outside of the younger's shadow. "I come with good news, and bad news. The Velmaran Trade Guild and Elder Vyskel have agreed on our proposed treaty. Given the circumstances, it would be prudent to send reinforcements to the village immediately..."

"Please, speak your mind, Adonijah." The king gently spoke, smiling calmly from his throne. The throne was beautiful; shaped from white marble, surrounded by an array of marble pillars and stone in the throne room. Solomon, at times, had called it his Throne of Light. A somewhat conceited name for it, but one that he had come to love.

"The negotiations had gone well. But immediately after the village was attacked by only two assailants. They were remarkably powerful, with strength going far beyond that of a typical shinobi. Their assault began at sunset; it had come as a surprise attack, with the pair burning down a large portion of the western residential district before advancing further into the village. Most of the guards and soldiers had been present at the negotiations, which leads me to believe two key realities: the attackers had carefully planned this assault, and that someone on the inside had informed them of when the negotiation was going to take place. No one aside from myself, Talia, Vyskel, or Arthyr knew of the meeting until the day of. So either information had spread very quickly, or someone on the inside had leaked our plans. I'm not sure which to believe." Adonijah paused for a moment, catching his breath. "Either way, a contingent of village guards, Vyskel, and myself chased down the invaders. By now the entire horizon had been illuminated by the flames, and it didn't take long to track them down. The first immediately left, departing off westward after goading me into chasing him. The second was dispatched relatively quickly."

Adonijah paused, thinking of how to address the issue of Absalom. "I chased the second man. They had both shed their Velmaran cloaks at this point, which was in itself surprising. Vyskel and Arthyr did not recognize them. But recognizing them was itself a challenge; they were, as you called them, Twisted Men."

Solomon's eyes widened for a moment, then narrowed. Had he not predicted such a turn of events? "These men, did you discover their names at any point?"

"We hadn't. Although, admittedly, we hadn't exactly asked either. But aside from the Velmaran colors that they had either stolen or been given, there were no significant traits to them barring their monstrous bodies. Elder Vyskel prepared the report of the autopsy that is in your hand."

Solomon unrolled the scroll, his eyes scanning over the parchment. "Black blood, cartilage protrusions that varied between each individual. The report also makes mention that these men had called the one that had blessed them as mother. Interesting, to say the least. The second had amplified his body's size considerably, along with his muscle mass. The black blood itself was far different in composition than human blood.... Vyskel analyzed the blood specifically?"

"I do not know the specifics of Vyskel's autopsy, I decided to remain outside of the room. After all, medical procedures are not exactly my strong suite, my king. But the Elder seemed very bothered by the results, as did Talia. They seemed to produce more questions than-"

"These are very similar, if not identical, to the autopsy that father had performed on Absalom after his death that night." Solomon swiftly interrupted, his thoughts now running in overdrive. Were the two people that had attacked Adonijah the same as Absalom?

"Which brings me to my next and arguably even more pressing concern. The two men seemed to suggest, if not outright say, that Absalom was orchestrating the events at the village. Initially they had chided me into believing that it was either Amnon or Absalom, as they would only refer to him as an elder brother. Obviously this excludes you. Brother, if Absalom is alive this could mean a worst case scenario situation for Israel. What if he is gathering strength to attack us?"

"I doubt that is the case. In any case, their words may have only been to goad you into an attack. Although, given that they are both dead, it seems that it isn't the case. Do not share the information on Absalom with anyone. Word of our brother's continued existence would only serve to destabilize the state. Absalom's rebellion years ago shook Israel to its core, and if word got out that he still drew breath after how terribly split the kingdom became would only serve to generate fear. Though we both know the truth - that Absalom's body had been warped. Though by what, I can only speculate to be something very old. A primordial life shaping force that legend calls the Sea of Life."

The Sea of Life? When they were children their father David had made sure to provide them the best education possible, both in practical matters and that of the arcane. But even then, something as powerful as a primordial force known as the Sea of Life hadn't made it into their lessons. Was it really as powerful as Solomon had suggested?

"The Sea of Life...well, I can only speculate about its capabilities. Though we must find out more. Adonijah, I will be tasking you with leading the investigation, alongside Talia and a secondary cohort from Israel. Our first priority is to find Absalom, or whomever is claiming to be Absalom. I suspect you will find them shortly...." For a moment Solomon looked off in the distance, his eyes flashing momentarily. "Very soon, in fact. Absalom may very well be alive in some form. We know for certain that the man that had attacked us that night decades ago was our brother. But what may live now might be an anatomical representation of Absalom. We will only know after an autopsy, so bringing him here or to Elder Vyskel will be paramount. The second issue is discovering more about these Twisted Men, as I have called though. Though, today I would more or less be inclined to call them Children, as you reported that they addressed whomever bestowed these changes upon them as 'mother'. Perhaps my greatest concern is that the changes involve some sort of psychological implications, and that they take away one's free will. Or at least they shackle their loyalties to another. So capturing, or interrogating, these people will be necessary."

"Understood." The Wandering Knight nodded, the memory paining him. "How should I begin?"

Convene with Talia and the cohort at Vyskel's village. I will organize a second cohort here and have them sent immediately. Among them will be some of my strongest soldiers. From there, lead an assault the Velmaran's old guild headquarters; the one that was burned down by Vyskel early into the war. We might find some clues there..."

"That reminds me. The Velmaran's former master, Tythus, has yet to resurface. His disappearance early into the war that he had started was extremely questionable. He might be dead, but I suggest something far more sinister is at play."

"Agreed. You might find him at their old headquarters. Find Talia, and advance from there." And so it was, their initially strategy was planned. "There are two mysteries we must solve: where is Absalom and why is someone using his name? And why has Master Tythus vanished?" The king had made his decree. Adonijah would depart, find Talia, and advance toward the Velmaran guild's old headquarters. Yet little did Adonijah know at the time, it would be Absalom that would soon find him.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Fight an enemy much stronger than yourself (5)
Summary: The fateful meeting. Part six of Adonijah's flashbacks.

Leaving Israel always left Adonijah with a heavy heart. But it had become the norm ever since King Solomon tapped his elder brother to act as a key advisor and diplomat in his administration. Adonijah put loyalty to his home and king above his own needs and desires. And so he looked back one last time on his kingdom with a slight frown as he leaped from tree to tree. He knew that it wouldn't be long until he saw his brother and home again though, and looked forward to when he could take Talia back. He hoped his return trip would be more peaceful, activating his Sharingan to look onward into the forest as he entered it.

For a time the journey back seemed peaceful. There were no traps, no taunts, or goading Adonijah into a battle. In fact, it wouldn't be long before he returned to Veskal. That was, until, the fated battle had arrived. Looking back the battle always pains the Wandering Knight. Meeting his brother in such circumstances was far from a brotherly reunion, especially after just leaving King Solomon's side. Though he realized, many years later, that it was just as King Solomon had said: it would not be long after their meeting that the two twin brothers would meet again. And it was in this memory where it happened, as well as shortly before when Adonijah would ascend his own Doujutsu.

( Doujutsu: Sharingan ) Eye Technique: Copy Wheel Eye
Chakra: 15 - 30 ( -5 per turn for 1T and 2T, 10 per turn to keep active for 3T )
Description:
One of the Three Great Dōjutsu (San Daidōjutsu), the Sharingan is the kekkei genkai of the Uchiha clan. Unlike the other Dōjutsu, not all members of the Uchiha Clan possess the Sharingan. This great Dōjutsu seems to awaken only on exceptional Uchiha members and only in times of great stress. Once awaken, the pupil turns red and a single tomoe (巴) seal appears around the center pupil. As the user masters and evolves their eyes, the tomoe (巴) seals increase, topping 3 per eye. The main ability of the Sharingan, like any other Dōjutsu, is to enable the user to see the flow of chakra. This ability is further improved as the Sharingan gives color to chakra, enabling the user to differentiate chakras from different people or from different sources. Although the user can see chakra through matter, he cannot see beyond dense matter or in long distances. Coupled with the ability to see chakra, Sharingan users gain acess to an incredible clarity of perception that enables them to read insanely fast movements or minor details, enabling them the ability to foresee in an easier way, traps, incoming attacks, etc. This clarity of perception is so great that a Sharingan user can sometimes start performing a counter to an attack that is still being performed, enabling the counter to be launched only a split a second after the attack. This clarity of perception leaves Sharingan users able to track high speed movement easily as well as to read through handseals. This last ability enables them to learn techniques much faster and sometimes copy them directly from the enemy, as long as the user has the necessary chakra affinities and requirements to perform it. Finally, the Sharingan is often linked to Genjutsu and mind-manipulating illusions, mostly because the user can, mostly through Eye Contact, directly and precisely use his chakra to manipulate the enemy's chakra flow. In return, the users clarity of perception gives him the ability to more easily decipher visual illusions cast upon him and see past them. The Sharingan has a great cost to the user though. The chakra consumption disables its use for long periods of time and, even when the user grows stronger, it's still hard to keep it active for long periods of time.
Note: The user, if he hasn't gained full mastery over his Sharingan, will need to spend a move to activate it, although as long as he has chakra and enough stamina he'll be able to keep it active until the end of the match. If the user is Sannin Rank or above and has gained his 3 Tomoe Sharingan and held it for one month, he becomes able to passively activate it, meaning he'll no longer spend a move of his 3 per turn.
Note: To avoid direct Eye Contact and be able to focus only on the body movement below the chin, the opponent needs to have mastered Taijutsu to possess the necessary skill
Note: C rank usage is for 1T Sharingan, B rank usage is reserved for 2T Sharingan. A Rank usage is reserved for 3T Sharingan.
Note: Predicting the nature of a technique or what it exactly is requires the user to either know the technique or that its a cannon technique.
Note: Danzo and Kakashi bios activate the Sharingan by removing the covers in their respective eyes and suffer a +10 chakra consumption per turn penalty
Note: The user is bound by the abilities and limits of the stage of sharingan he possesses, stated in the rules of the KG.
Unlike the two women that had tried to surprise attack Adonijah, this foe opted for an all-out assault from the very beginning. It happened very quickly, reflective of the nature of the attack that had been used. Though it made it obvious to counter, the potency of the attack had been far beyond what Adonijah was prepared for. He could hear the rampaging lightning in the distance, ripping through the trees and shredding the forest. "Shit... It seemed his journey would not be particularly peaceful or uneventful, and this time around his opponent was much more intent on brutally killing him. Reacting quickly Adonijah quickly wove a series of four hand seals, launching a blade of wind to intercept the lightning technique that had been sent barreling toward him. It was, unfortunately, the best he could do in that particular moment. His opponent seemed to outclass him in terms of raw destructive power. The two clashed, unleashing a terrible explosion that leveled the trees in the surrounding area. Adonijah leapt off his tree, scanning the surrounding area with his Sharingan.

(Raiton: Chidori Jinrai) – Lightning Release: 1000 birds ThunderClap.
Range: Mid-Long
Chakra: 40
Damage: 80
Description: The user will cover his hands in with lightning, essentially performing a (Raiton: Chidori) Lightning Release: One Thousand Birds in each hand. Clapping his hands together, the user can unleash that massive amount of lightning chakra into the form of a powerful Thunderbolt directed at the target. The technique is best used if the user has a height advantage in relation to the target. The thunderbolt is strong enough to leave a giant crater and cannot be used while being in Short-range of the target, at the risk of being hit also.
(Fūton: Tsuyoi Kaze Nami) - Wind Release: Powerful Wind Wave
Description: The user after performing a small sequence of four hand seals Bird → Hare → Horse → Ram shoots from their mouth a blade of wind 2 meters long that takes on the form of a powerful wind gust.
"Brother." Adonijah's eyes widened, though the voice had come from behind him. How had he re-positioned so quickly and quietly without him knowing? Though before he could come to any conclusions his head was suddenly met by the assailants back foot, slamming into Adonijah's and launching him to the left at remarkable speed. Another Twisted Man...it must be.... His strength and speed had been far too great for any normal man; and it seemed to have gone far beyond the duo's strength at the Veskal Village, even though they were likely the same 'breed' of man. But, above all, his superior strength stood only second in immediate to concerns to what he had just said: brother. Adonijah, landing on his back, looked up to see what was perhaps, at the time, one of the most horrifying images he had seen before: the visage of Absalom. In every sense of the word, it looked like Absalom. He had long, white hair done in the same way his brother had, with dark red eyes that had come to replace the hazel ones he had in his younger years. He was tall and well built, and in many ways his body was identical to how it had been years ago. But it had also changed; his skin was ashen, his eyes red, his once white hair now grey and stringy. Of the Twisted Men he had seen so far, Absalom's body had undergone far fewer transformations.

"Do you recognize me, brother? I'm sure much of my body is still similar to that night so many years ago." His voice calm, serene even. Eerily so. His expression was nearly blank, surprising for someone who had just kicked his own brother with considerable strength. Adonijah forced himself up, his expression the opposite of his brother. His eyes were darting left and right, attempting to discern some secret with his brother's body that would give him a clue to who this man was.

"You...you died years ago. Solomon and I...." The son of David's voice was hoarse, strained out of desperation to find reason and logic in all the madness. It was true; Adonijah had delivered the final blow that night to the ashen Absalom so many years ago when Solomon was but a child. It was at the height of Absalom's Rebellion. When his twin brother lay siege to Jerusalem.

"I did die. But I was reborn through Mother. You must know, Adonijah - her gift of Life is wondrous. Father could never have understood...and brother will never understand. But you...my twin brother. Your eyes are special...you will understand." His eyes? The comment for the time being was overlooked - Adonijah had more pressing concerns at the moment. "You and Solomon never did call Her children by their correct terminology; we are the Children of Tiamat."

The Children of Tiamat. He tried to process the information, but was quickly interrupted. Absalom leaped forward at Adonijah, attacking the Wandering Knight before he could react. His speed was incredible, likely augmented by the very same transformations that the other two had undergone. But Absalom's body was, by and large, the same as it had been so many years ago. It was quite unlike the monstrous transformations that he had witnessed back at the village. His sudden leap brought Absalom's fist down into his twin's stomach, knocking the air out of the Wandering Knight; perhaps he had been too overcome with shock, grief, and guilt to fight back in that moment. Absalom had seemed to pick up on it. "Perhaps without Solomon you cannot bring yourself to fight me, brother. Or perhaps you feel guilt from the last time you struck me down. But I assure you, I am very much your twin brother...and...I am very much alive!" The last half of his reply was made wickedly, driving his fist yet again into Adonijah's gut and sending him flying.

As Adonijah was sent flying he focused Fire chakra in his mouth, kneading it in the form of ash that he quickly unleashed, blanketing the entire area as it expelled outwards. But through the ashes he could hear laughter, and suddenly a devastating torrent of water would crash through the ashes. This was a far stronger Absalom than when they were children; though in the moment that the two techniques collided Adonijah suddenly felt himself afflicted by the Eye of the Red Star Curse. Although he wouldn't understand it in the moment, the technique went far beyond his capabilities. It began to sap away his vitality, weakening his body as the waves crashed through his fire technique. He was suddenly overwhelmed, Absalom's clearly superior fighting capability went well beyond Adonijah's ability to defend against such rapid and high tier techniques. That, combined with his use of the Sea of Life, made him a much stronger opponent than Adonijah could handle in that state.

He feebly stood up, his body battered from the Water Release technique as well as sapped of its vitality from the Eye of the Red Star. Blood dripped from his mouth, and bruises had clearly formed underneath his armor. His long red hair drooped and dripped from around his head. This is bad... he thought to himself. He likely knew that Solomon or Talia could cure his affliction. But that was assuming he even survived his encounter.

(Katon: Haijingakure no Jutsu) - Fire Release: Hiding in Ash and Dust Technique
Description: The user expels chakra-infused ash that blankets a wide area, burning anyone who comes in contact with it. The technique can also be used as a powerful deterrent from attacks as well as a highly effective smokescreen.
(Suiton: Suishū Gorugon) - Water Release: Powerful Blasting Rain Trench
Type: Offensive/Defensive
Chakra: 40 (+10 to sustain)
Description: After performing the Dragon → Tiger handseals, this technique will summon a large amount of water near the user that will then be used to strike at the opponent in several versatile ways. Shizuku has been known to transform it into a dragon with a gaping mouth to attack though the user can shape it in any way he needs for his intended purpose. The water used will be stationary till it is sent offensively toward the opponent and as long as the user fuels it and the technique isn't fully negated, the Tiger handseal can be sustained and the water manipulated and used. The technique can also be used from nearby water sources, including low rank water techniques, for the same effect. Due to the immense control needed, the technique is considered a highly advanced use of water release, requiring the user to possess a primary water specialty to use.

Note: Can only be used by Water Primary Specialists.[/b]
(Akaihoshi no Me) – Eye of the Red Star
Type: Offensive, Supplementary
Range: Short – Long
Chakra: N/A (+50 chakra cost to applied technique)
Description: An enhancement cast through the user’s body as an extension to their techniques by infusing a considerable amount of chakra into them, along with trace amounts of the Sea of Life, occurring within the same timeframe. This causes any technique of the user’s to be augmented with a curse that is cast through the Sea of Life. The curse, much like the tether formed through Hungry Ghost, forms a bond through traditional counters against the user’s techniques. When the user’s techniques either strike the opponent or a source of their chakra the curse will bind to it. Those afflicted will suffer from physically debilitating effects; their maximum health will be reduced by 10 points, all damage they receive will be increased by 10% if directly struck, and they must spend 10% increased chakra for all of their techniques, not counting as additional chakra input but simply strain on their reserves. The health reduction does not count as damage, it simply counts as a reduction in maximum reserves. When the tether is broken the opponent will receive their lost health back, not including any damage sustained in the time before then. Effects of Eye of the Red Star can stack per clash between techniques, amplifying the negative effects considerably. The tether effect of Eye of the Red Star can be blocked or broken through techniques that include Yin-Yang Release or Natural Energy of equivalent chakra to the technique used. The infusion of Red Star does not count toward additional chakra infusion, simply increased strain on reserves. This technique can be used four times per battle.
Adonijah watched as Absalom closed the distance, sprinting directly at him with a dagger in hand. The younger twin stumbled slightly, dazed fro m the beating and likely concussed. He was in dire straits, and didn't even have the capacity to be shocked. Absalom, finally reaching him, drove the dagger into his gut and twisted it. "Feel familiar, brother?" He grinned slightly, "Gasp for breath as your body falls frail. And know that even now, you have not yet seen the true power of a Child of Tiamat." His grin turned wicked, stabbing him another three times. He could feel his body weakening, strength being sapped from him. He fell to his knees now, slumped over his twin brother's body. Absalom threw him into the rubble and destroyed trees, leaving him to die. The battle had ended, Adonijah had fallen.

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Survive a near death situation (5)
Summary: The elder son of David dances with Death. Part seven of Adonijah's flashbacks.

Had minutes past? Hours or days? The Wandering Knight was unsure, he had been phasing in and out of consciousness for what felt like hours. Absalom had thrown him on the ground after driving his dagger into his gut three times; fortunately for the elder son of David, this had likely contributed to his survival. By now he could feel the blood pooling in his stabbed cavities of his body; had the Eye of the Red Star curse still been applied Adonijah could not feel it. His body had succumbed to much greater weakness. Considerable vitality lost alongside the blood that was now filling his internal organs, most of it in his stomach. Though, at least the scenery surrounding him had grown much more peaceful. Birds chirped, small foxes and deer had filled the surrounding area. Some even drinking from the pools of water that were left behind from the clash. If he could, the son of David would smile to himself. At least the damaged trees and his own body would serve as proper fertilizer for the forest to rejuvenate himself. His eyes flicked open, looking up toward the sky once again. He barely could muster his strength, though he felt very little pain - if any. For the time being, it was peaceful. His Sharingan had deactivated, and he gazed upon the world above him with no regrets. His eyes closed again.

Hours passed again. By now his open wounds had begun to clot naturally, though it did little to heal what he had already lost. Medical attention would be absolutely necessary to make a full recover. His eyes flicked open again, though this time his mind had been far less dazed. A single cough, blood dripped down the side of his mouth. Likely it had pooled in his trachea. "I...live..." He managed to breathe, practically whispering at this point. He moved his arm, angling his elbow to prop himself up against a downed tree trunk. I can practically feel death... Everything now was sluggish, though sitting up against the tree trunk helped somewhat to keep the son of David conscious. But as soon as he moved sharp pain shot through his entire body again. Likely the fragile clotting that had begun to take place in his punctured stomach wounds was interrupted, spring more small blood leaks throughout it. He coughed again, blood splattering against the dirt and his hand.

Should he even leave? Did he deserve life? Guilt weighed on his soul; Absalom had transformed into such a monster, and Adonijah couldn't help but feel responsible, and guilty for having killed Absalom so many years ago. The memories flooded back, reminding Adonijah of that night. Seeing Absalom stand above Solomon's bed, blade in hand; Adonijah had reacted on instinct, lunging at his brother to protect his other brother. The civil war had done incredible damage to the House of David. The bloodline effectively had been split in half, Amnon had died, and Absalom sparked a war that killed tens of thousands, soldiers and innocents. And yet the one kindness that Adonijah could provide his brother, the one kindness he provided his kingdom, had failed. Even though he had driven his blade through Absalom's skull after Solomon had sliced his twin's tendons out, Absalom still lived. Though it seemed to defy all logic; he had died, they autopsied his body, and even lay him to rest. Yet who was it that stood before him? Why had he not died? The questions and feelings of guilt swirled inside Adonijah.

And it was those questions that drove the Wandering Knight back to life. Suddenly the haze of death drifted away from his mind, and he regained full consciousness. Everything became much clearer; he could feel the pain in his three stab wounds, the iron smell of his blood, and the sensation of dry and fresh blood mixing on his stomach, face, and hands. But he was alive. And thoughts of Absalom still living, still drawing breath to wrought havoc on Israel and his remaining family filled Adonijah with an unbridled rage. Thoughts of guilt left him, replaced by nothing but a desire to protect those he deeply loved; the old Absalom, the one who hadn't been tainted into becoming this Children of Tiamat, would have wanted the same. And then it dawned on him; the old Absalom, the one who hadn't been tainted, wouldn't have even started a civil war. Someone else had manipulated him into becoming what he did. He would never have sought out power at the cost of his family. He was filled with rage, clutching the mud underneath him with his weakened fist. Tears welled in his bloodied eyes. Suddenly, and involuntarily, his Sharingan activated; perhaps it had been because he imagined the revived and strengthened Absalom standing above Solomon's corpse. And suddenly his resolve awakened, and his Sharingan morphed into the Mangekyou Sharingan; the standard three Tomoe pattern warped outwards into a reddened sun like formation, with the inner part of the eye around the iris transforming into a hexagram.

I will not die here. Adonijah continued to repeat the words in his head. He wouldn't let a second war against Israel befall his younger brother and his people. The House of David had been fractured, but it would not break. His body was bruised and battered, and the pain and emotional maelstrom likely had left the Son of David completely unaware that his Mangekyou Sharingan had awakened. His first steps were to survive; he needed to reach Veskal's as soon as possible. Talia could heal him. Thankfully, he wasn't far. Absalom had let him cross most of the distance between Israel and the village. Above all, he needed to stem the bleeding. At least enough to walk back to the village. His hands suffered from a tremor, likely because of the severe bloodloss, metabolic abnormalities from hours without food and water, as well as the sheer emotional trauma. His eyes had lost peripheral vision, resulting in fairly severe tunnel vision as he tried to situate himself and sit up more. The cause having likely stemmed from hypovolemia.

Using what minimal chakra he had left Adonijah wove the Tiger hand seal; he rolled his head to the side, placing his palm on pool of water he lay in next to him. Suddenly a Water Clone of himself emerged, much healthier than he was. The clone knew what to do for Adonijah. Tearing the cloak off from his back and shredding it in half, the clone quickly used it to makeshift patch the wound by tightly wrapping it around Adonijah's waste. He grunted in pain, and could quite literally feel the blood in his gut shifting around as the clone worked around his body to patch him up.

(Mizu Bunshin) - Water Release: Water Clone
Description: After performing the Tiger handseal the user creates a clone of themselves made of water. These water clones have 1/10th of the users chakra. These clones are also limited in that they can only travel short range from the user without losing control. When a water clone take enough damage they revert back to normal water.

Note: Can only perform up to C-rank Water Release techniques, and requires a water source.
"Get me out of here." He whispered to the clone, who cupped water from the ground to pour into Adonijah's agape mouth. The clone made sure to skim from the top of the water, doing its best to filter out as much of the mud and dirt from the bottom of the pool as it could. But nonetheless, the water was immensely refreshing. By now Adonijah's Mangekyou Sharingan had deactivated; whether the Wandering Knight knew that his ascended Doujutsu had awakened was unclear in even his own memories. Though it would be long until he discovered it - for his connection to the Void was well and surely established.

• Wow
Reactions: Zatanna

Drackos

Legendary
Kin
5,496💸
Kumi
97,804💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Scout out a large fortified community and understand their defenses (5)
Summary: Adonijah and Talia are reunited. A community is spied upon. Part eight of Adonijah's flashbacks.

Talia was a remarkable healer. Adonijah's hand grazed against his stomach, feeling not even scar tissue as his hand ran across it. The skin was smooth, as if no blade punctured him thrice. He had been cleared of all bruises, broken bones, and fractures. His tremors were gone and his vision once again perfect. In Israel Talia was their top combat medic and specialist; she belonged to a peasant family that had lived on the outskirts of the village. It was Solomon that noted her skills one day when touring the city and meeting his citizens, as he usually did. It was there the Third King of Israel recognized her skills as being nearly as potent as his own; perhaps it had derived from her Yin Seal, the marking that she had gained very early on in life. It had given her extraordinary healing prowess, even under the most drastic situations. These were skills that the Mage King prized in her.

A few days had passed since then in his memory. The cohort Solomon had sent arrived at Veskal's, and Adonijah had met with senior leadership to prepare the next step of their plan: the old Velmaran Outpost. He and Talia posted up in a hill nearby; Vyskel had instructed the pair not to attack until they had suitably scouted out the area. From their position in the treeline above the hill, the Velmaran Outpost hadn't changed as much as Adonijah would have expected. Though at an initial glance it was clear that even though this was their old guild headquarters, it was still in use by someone. Whoever it was, be it Tythus and his cohort, or Absalom, was unclear. The outpost was surrounded by sturdy three meter tall earthen ramparts; spread evenly on the wall was an array of illuminated torches, their flames flickering light outwards to extend a dark shadow beneath the wall, yet illuminate the section above it. Over the few hours that Talia and Adonijah observed, they would see no more than twenty guards patrolling the upper ramparts, gazing out into the unknown. With Adonijah's Sharingan, he could discern some of the anatomy of the watchmen even though it was dark. Of the twenty, seven of the guards possessed traits indicative of a Child of Tiamat - extra anatomy in the forms of arms, legs, or even horns and chitin, abnormal changes to their bodies, and so on. Of the twenty, they seemed to also have the strongest chakra. At least, that is what Talia sensed.

The remaining thirteen guards were...abnormal, to say the least. And this was abnormal compared to even the Children of Tiamat. They were all cloaked in identical robes, and they possessed no chakra signatures - both to Talia's sensory and Adonijah's Sharingan. It was as if they were not human entirely. They were unique compared to all other living things in that compound, and a fact that Adonijah would, to this very day, regretfully have not recognized. Though they were certainly corporeal entities. They walked, they seemed to speak to their comrades, and they even sat down to rest. They were simply strange. Abnormal beings with no chakra signatures or networks walking among the Children of Tiamat. It would be these beings that would become known as the cultists of the Great Mother Cult.

Surrounding the wall was a standard moat, and on each flank of the moat were wooden stakes that erected themselves a single meter out of the ground. The defenses were likely put in place to prevent cavalry and infantry from straying too close to the wall, giving a buffer window between them and their own techniques. At the four corners of the compound were guard towers, each manned by an additional cultist that seemed to be carrying a crossbow of some kind. "These defenses are not terribly strong or difficult to overcome, at least on their surface. They are likely relying on the strength of their Children of Tiamat."

"I agree," Talia whispered, turning her head to face Adonijah. "A single Earth Release technique will likely overpower the walls, and take out most of these cultists and Children simultaneously. Perhaps using Swamp of the Underworld."

Adonijah nodded, turning back to look into the compound from above. Behind the walls were a significant number of cultists. A large scale attack would probably be suitable for taking them on. But what was more alarming, or more concerning, was the sheer number of Children of Tiamat within the walls. Atop the ramparts there were seven, a manageable number that didn't cause the pair too much alarm. But behind the walls it seemed like there were dozens, if not over one hundred. Though when Adonijah gazed on them with his Sharingan, they almost appeared as if they were normal villagers aside from their various anatomical transformations.

"Talia...it's...a village." Adonijah's mouth hang agape; the villagers had been converted into Children of Tiamat. Some appeared to be wearing normal clothing, though he could tell with his eyes that their skin itself had changed into its trademark ashen grey. The implications were dire; had the Children of Tiamat begun converting villages? What exactly were these cultists even? This hadn't even been a village conversion at all. These villagers were brought here. Before this, the Velmaran Outpost had been abandoned. The onset of the war saw an early attack by the Veskalians, forcing the Velmarans to abandon their original outpost because it hadn't been strategically advantageous. Though, based on the intelligence that King Solomon had at the beginning of the war: the outpost had been completely abandoned. But before them was what seemed like a bustling small village.

"Adon, look. At the center." Talia whispered, her eyes widened.

A towering behemoth had emerged from the center building, a rounded out stone structure that had likely once served as the stronghold's heart. Perhaps that is why their defenses had been so lax; this monstrosity, which could loosely be classified as humanoid, seemed to be the village's prime defender. He towered at nearly four meters in height it seemed, with two distinct 'heads,' four arms, and a titanic tail that looked as if it could easily smash through solid earth with ease.

"Well, we know what we need to get through. The bigger they are, the harder they fall. I think that's the saying, right?" Adonijah grinned at his compatriot.

"It is indeed. Assuming he doesn't smash us with his tail first," she replied, nervously glancing at the dirt and grass beneath her, exchanging with Adonijah.

"Don't worry. I'll be with you the entire time. We're going to Swamp the northern wall and take them out." Adonijah's voice was resolute; his Sharingan flashed red, morphing into its Mangekyou Sharingan state. The time had come.

• Sad
Reactions: Goetia

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from [x]

Storyboard Mission Element(s):
  • In the darkest hour, overcome
You must be registered for see medias

An exhausted Alucard was accompanied by his two summonings as they ventured deep into unknown lands of the Tobusekai. At this point they had ended up into a somewhat established place, there was no death here.. yet. Veskal's Exchange they called it, a massive trading route for all kinds of the world to gather and share valuables. Blaziken was carrying the turned creature on its back as it was still under Alucards hypnotic illusion. Maybe at a place like this there would be wayfarers that could actually benefit their travel and the condition of the turned creature that had once been a child. Alucard would look around with his tenseigan in the dampening rain that was falling from the sky. Suddenly, a voice would be heard in the distance that would reach Alucards ears and his ears only it would seem.

Alucard... You're carrying something that doesn't belong to you and frankly if i were you, i'd give it back this instant.
The voice then dispersed and left his mind. Alucard looked around for any elevated chakra signs as he was sure he had been under the influence of either a genjutsu or a communicative telepathy skill. He noticed an individual at the far side of the town in the other direction that was a point of interest. However, he needn't to move there himself for the person would come to him in an.. alarming speed that made his Tenseigan unable to even register the speed. The voice was now behind him and the man had seemingly teleported from where he had stood before. Alucard was not able to react in time but he could hear the sound of a sharp knife being thrust into his neck. There was no time for him to act on the damage, a few frames later and he would see Blaziken trying to apprehend the man but fail and have the Tiamat creature dragged off into the distance. Alucards vision began to fade as it would seem like his blood loss would rapidly grow. The people around the scene couldn't care less as it would seem this sort of events was a common thing here. Seemed like he had just had to accept the shit and carry on, but he would not let anyone take what was his. He would overcome the lingering death and pulled out the knife from his neck while letting his Kekkei genkai repair the tissue. It would not accomodate for his blood loss, however, and he would still be in a rather weakened state but atleast he wasn't dying anymore.

I swear, sometimes i wish they'd just kill me right away.
Alucards split personality would then infiltrate his mind. The other one, Dracula.. cried out for carnage and destruction deep within him. Alucard could not let that side of him be let loose again, not after..

God Damn It

His mind went blank and his body would fall to the ground, the bloodloss coupled with his Chakra fatigue after having used Shinra Tensei just a day ago, left him worn out and vulnerable. His pokémon and the moon statue would drag Alucard out of the town and into the forest surrounding it until he would wake up again but in Alucards mind, he was having a fight with himself. Flashbacks and memories of his past would gunk up and overtake him.

You are nothing, i say it again. Nothing, like me. You forsake the betrayers only so they can betray again, you quench the fires they have started without even thinking about why they did it in the first place. Acting out of compassion, love. You're a fool and not worthy of the powers that you have, Alucard - (Dracula, inside Alucards mind)

Last time you controlled me i killed more innocents than betrayers old man, you have no filter of what is happening around you and instead goes for the kill before you think. Do you know why this side of me exists? You were never fit to rule over us from the start and god create me to repent for your sins. - (Alucard, inside Alucards mind)

But that's where you're wrong. I created you. And now, you're holding me back. - (Dracula, inside Alucards mind)

Ugh.
- (Alucard, inside Alucards mind)
Alucards split personalities would converse within his mind and it would seem like his Dracula side was about to leave the world in chaos as it gradually overtook his body. His will would have to overpower an ancient evil that had laid dormant inside of him since the dawn of his existence. He would not accept turning his body over to.. Dracula again and cause a genocide. After several minutes of spiritual torment within himself, Alucard would eventually snap and reveal a new.. form. He laid on the ground, exhausted and looked up into the black sky filled with rain. Blood would drip from his tear duct after the strangers stabbing.

You must be registered for see images

He breathed heavily, but silent as he rose up from the ground. His personality conflicts had cancelled eachother out and now his body was in limbo. One thing was clear, the memories remained and he knew exactly the next course of action. He would hunt for humans again, but very specific humans. His tenseigan had revealed the unique chakra signature of the fast-pacing man that had snatched the Tiamat creature that Alucard had wanted to take home and try to rescue. In these dark times he would overcome and be who he was meant to be. The catalyst.

He would walk in a straight line, with his senses still blurry but with a mind free from any sort of stamina decay. Nobody tried to intercept him either, which was probably a good thing right now. The chakra signature that he was following was sitting still in a shed outside the town and after some time walking, Alucard would end up outside of it. Without entering, he would look in through the window to assess the situation. He could hear repetitive stabbing sounds inside the shed and the sound of bones cracking. He knew he was too late at this point. His presence had not gone unnoticed and he would see the chakra move in on his position and end up standing right next towards the wall opposite of him. A knife was pierced through the wall and almost hit Alucard in the face but he managed to dodge it this time. Typical assassin maneuver he thought to himself. He replied by using his chakra to create a large amount of bones to drill through the ground and end up on the other side of the wall, inside the shed where the enemy was holding up doing god knows with the kid who had been turned.

( Sawarabi no Mai ) - Dance of the Young Ferns
Chakra Cost: 45
Damage Points: 80
Description: Sawarabi no Mai is the fifth and last of the five Kaguya dance forms. The user causes a giant forest of tall sharp bone spikes to burst up from the ground covering the entire field. While active, the user can merge themselves into the bone trees at will to attack their target from whichever spike they want.

The massive forest of bones would spread out in a coned area from Alucards position, completely shredding the entire shed to pieces, revealing the state of the kid he had tried to help. The enemy in turn had already escaped at that point but had left a goodbye note in the form of a large amount of explosive tags. But Alucard only focused on one thing at that moment, the child was still breathing but had been broken in half. It would seem the curse that it had been influence by had saved its life and Alucard knew of the vitality of the children of Tiamat from his encounters with Damon. Alucard would influence the cursed child away from the blood stained floor in a quick pull using his Sonic Tractor Cannon device implanted into his right arm using soundwaves strong enough to move objects. Only, he didn't pull the child towards him, he pushed it away from the imminent destruction that followed by the massive explosion that the assassin had left for him.

(Sonikkutorakutābīmu) - Sonic tractor beam
Type: Tool
Chakra: 40(-10/turn)
Damage: N/A(80, if used aggressively and slam a shinobi into the ground for instance)
Description: The tractor cannon is a device placed inside the hand of the wielder and is about the size of a cent. The tractor cannon uses sound frequenciez to attract an object in question by surrounding it in a concentrated high-pitch and constantly controlled loud sound which in turn creates a force field around the object. This gives the properties of manipulating foreign objects without actually touching them, however the technology of this device is very underwhelming and is in a very early state of scientific research but the limits of the sonic tractor beam is that it can only move objects that are the same weight or less than the wielder of the tool. If the user wants to remain gripping an object for more than one turn, additional chakra needs to be put into the device and they may not close their one hand where the device is on since that would disrupt the tractor beams sound-waves. Therefore, techniques that requires handseals cannot be used at the same time as the tractor beam is used for an object(pulling, lifting etc). A way to neutralise being lifted up in the air and smashed into the ground is to simply disrupt the soundwaves by using wind. The user must also always focus the device on the object they are lifting. If an object is caught in the force-field of the tractor beam that is of much greater weight than the user, it will only partially slow it down. The tractor beam can push and drag objects in pretty decent speeds(up to the users own speed base). The minimal weight the tractor beam can influence is the weight of a feather.

Note: Objects that are to be manipulated cannot exceed the weight of the user or a regular human to have lift-off from the ground. They may only be partially slowed down.
Note: The maximum reach for the tractor beam, or as far as it can push objects is long-range.
Note: The tractor beams hold only lasts for a maximum of 3 turns and can only be used twice per battle for holding objects that long.

After the blink of an eye, the entire surroundings had been blasted to purgatory. Alucards body had been completely destroyed in the process, having lost his legs and right arm in the massive blast. Not only had he stabbed Alucard in the neck and left him for dead, he had now also managed to destroy him. With a gasp of air, he would cry out his wishes for death just before he fainted.

.::.:.::.:.::.

After several hours, Alucard would wake up from the blast and his kekkei genkai had already started to regrow his body but he was completely unable to move. His two summoning's were nowhere to be seen. However, the Tiamat creature had woken from the genjutsu that Alucard had placed it under a few days ago. It was hurt badly and was on the brink of death, but it had found its way to join him where he lied on the ground, broken in half. Alucard looked up to the creature and with maximum effort he was able to raise his arm. Not a single word was spoken as he would unleash Yang energy through the creature to purge it from the icy claws of death.

(Yoton: Taiyōnomegumi) - Yang Release: Touch of the Sun
Chakra cost:70 per use
Damage points: N/A
Description: Through the infusion of Yang natured chakra into others, users can heal others to their original best physical form. It can be used to regrow missing body parts, heal wounds, purge poisons, etc. The target needs to be alive and the bigger the injury, the longer it takes to heal. The limits of the heal, however, are almost none as it can heal 150 damage per turn and can even heal the chakra system or other injuries that are otherwise not possible to be healed. The technique requires time and physical contact and as such isn't very suited to use in a battle when compared to regular Iryo Ninjutsu.
Note: Yang Release masters are able to use on themselves.

The healing of the creature was the last thing he would witness before drifting off into the fade once again having used a massive amount of chakra to spare the kid, cursed or not, than healing himself. Was it because he cared for the kid more than himself, or was it that he had to prove himself as a person who never failed and did it out of ego? Who knew.

The next morning he would wake up to the sight of his entire body having been restored. He was out of stamina but was able to get up from the ground and collect himself. His personal inner conflict was unchanged but what was changed was the child he had infused with Yang energy, the kid he had sworn to himself to protect. The once creature had turned back into a regular-sized kid who had been watching over him all night.

He's awake!! Master, master you saved me!! I mean i have no memories except.. The last thing that happened before i was turned. My fam..

..Kid, let this old bastard have some peace. As for what comes next, you make your own decision. I have saved you, if you want to come with me to my city and start anew you're welcome to do so. If you want to stay around here, you're welcome to do so. I've done my part.

Alucard would start walking towards the chakra signatures that looked to be his two summonings who had been searching for him this whole time. The kid would jump up on Alucards back and sit there as the two moved out from the aftermath of the explosions. Alucard sighed lightly and carried on. Having joined up with his two summonings they all headed south and left the landmark. Whatever had happened to the assassin would be revealed at some other point.

LLM.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️

Coming into the marketplace, Strix reached the destination she had desired, seeking knowledge and information on the current events of the world. When theres news and information to sell, the black market was always up to date. They knew what was valuble and what wasn't. Before the whole incident with the Tomb of Marduk and the meeting with Phetra, Strix would hardly consider coming to a place like this. However, since the meeting, she felt changed, a colder more calculated and determined type of Witch. Her black dusty cloak swept around her body, her had tipped down, she shuffled through the marketplace surveying its contents. Keeping to herself, most of the sleezy and shady inhabitants didnt disturb her, they knew and could read their customers. If someone was interested they would come up to the merchant to ask. For now Strix was watching and looking, when she saw something that caught her eye. More and more of the same symbols had been covering the marketplace, all looking like they were representing something. It had almost looked like a certain group had taken over the marketplace, with the stalls and shops without the symbol receiving barely any business. Asking around, Strix had come to learn the marketplace had been swiftly taken over by a man called 'Spider', and that his business was booming since it came to this marketplace.

Being pointed over to various shops, most of the stall and vendor owns explained how Spider was able to get his hands on many specialty, valuable and dangerous rare goods and items. Striking Strix as a potentially good chance to find some intel as well on these items, she kept wandering through the marketplace. Coming across a surgery stall, she inquired about the place of the shop. They specialized and sold various implants, surgeries and different kinds of treatments. One of them they explained, could boost and increase the power of ones chakra through various cycles. Strix was very interested in this, and asked how much. They said that it was 15000 Ryo, a currency that Strix didnt have much value for, but now it seemed like it had some worth to her, if she was able to find rare and specialty things like this. Purchasing the surgery, Strix then asked once it was finished.

How would I go about setting up a meeting with the Spider? I have some questions, that he may be able to help me with?

Buying
"Harmonic Oscillation – 15,000 Ryo "
Currently have 15700 Ryo

https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22019019
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22019262
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22022638
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22024339
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22026366
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22028001
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22029279
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22025944
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22033994
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22035586
https://animebase.me/threads/open-kumi-cash.776803/
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22038542
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22038698
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22038852
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22039456
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22040027
https://animebase.me/threads/closed-strix-vs-never.777079/
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22040104
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22040191
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22040368
https://animebase.me/threads/storyboard-mission-submission.756508/post-22040488

Approved

Last edited by a moderator:

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
This is the beginning of my mission using the following element:
- Investigate the undead disturbance in Veskals Exchange

The procedure was complete and Strix could feel the difference as it felt like there was a second breath within her, like a sun rising and filling her with energy. The Doctor finished up washing off his hands, as Strix looked over to the sink noticing a strange set of tools, things that looked like nothing she had seen before. Well ignorance was bliss, perhaps she would come back to find more information on them later.

So, about my question?

The Doctor chuckled to himself as he turned back to Strix.

Well see, Spider usually is the one to set the meetings, but if you want to set up a meeting with him, the best way-

CRASH!

The door burst open with a man carrying a woman in his arms.

PLEASE, Doctor, my wife needs help. Some undead creatures attacked us in a village nearby as we were passing through.

Where did they come from?

The west.. please save her!

Springing into action, the doctor brought the woman over to the table. with a dark look in his eyes, Strix understood everything from the single glance.

"Leave, we can talk later"

Exiting the surgery, Strix began to walk through the market. Curious about the undead creatures attacking the couple, and the mention of the attack on a village spurred some interest within Strix. She had heard about undead creatures attacking before, but now she could study them up close. Leaving the marketplace and heading towards the village, there was a slight mist that was covering the trail as she travelled. Not so much that she couldn't see, but something unnatural for the weather, for it wasn't cold enough to produce a mist. Unsettling for some, embraced by Strix.

Coming up upon the village, she could already see havoc that was the ruins of the village, fires dying out, and smouldering embers from what would be homes. The small village itself was probably nothing more than a trading post, perhaps just a travel stop for supplies, and upon reaching the village it was confirmed, several small houses burnt down, a tavern burning with flames and a barn that was coming down. Amongst all this ruckus was the undead, groaning, shambling and walking around in a daze as if unsure about why they were there or what they were doing. Pausing on a tree branch, Strix watched carefully.

You must be registered for see images

Very very curious... I wonder whats brought the dead out to play.

Strix could feel a bubbling excitement within her chest as a new incident was here to study, and if answering her prayers an experiment began to unfold infront of her. She spotted a man with a child slow sneaking and creeping around the side of the tavern on fire, clearly trying to avoid and not be seen by the zombies. He was doing quite well, sticking to the shadows and only going when he was absolutely sure that he could make it to the next shadow of the building. However Strix could see what was going to happen at the next corner he was creeping up on. The zombie was going to walk straight past him, and spot him and his daughter. Well at least she would get to see what the zombies were capable of, most of them having rotting flesh, exposed bones and nothing more than their bare hands. Some were carring around tools of their trade, a woodman carrying an axe, the butcher carrying a knife. Some of the guards still had their armour coving them, their faces now a gaunt hollow shell of what they used to be.

As the man reached the corner, exactly what Strix could foresee happened, he reached the corner, about to turn it when the zombie suddenly came from nowhere to this man, rounding the corner at the same time. Interestingly enough the zombie did nothing, the man frozen presumably in fear as the zombie looked towards him and then continued on its way. Extremely curious, and begged to have notes written about it. Pulling out her parchment and a pen, Strix begun to take notes writing down what she saw, when the music of crackling fires and groaning was broken by a shrill scream. The little girl the man was holding which Strix presumed would be his child, was letting out a scream, clearly the events of what happened now starting to be processed in her brain. She screamed, crying out for her mommy, and her father was too slow to put his hand over her mouth. The undead within the vicinity, including the butcher and the one that previously walked past looked towards the father and little girl, now noticing them. An ungodly screeching came from the zombies, each one different but clearly not something natural from them, as they descended on the unfortunately souls. They began tearing apart the flesh, biting and scratching the innocent girl and father, as their cries for help were extinguished.

Fascinating...

Strix scribbled down notes, writing how the undead seemed to prey using a sound or movement based system. Perhaps they didn't consider still objects a thread or prey. It was surely something worth looking into. Strix would guess that there's possibly 50 to 60 undead within the village and was preparing to jump down into the center to see how tough they were. Something in the corner of her eye stopped that caused her to give a little smirk, which was the bodies of the recently deceased man and child began to shake violently, before they rose from their laying position, to begin moaning and joining the horde that was shuffling around the village. Well the small drop of sadness and pity that Strix had for the two innocent were now vanished as they joined what essentially be Strix' test subjects.

The plan was that Strix needed to find out, what exactly these undead were, what their capabilities were and any other information she could get from them. Ideally she would capture on alive.... well alive was a relative turn but at least intact for her to experiment and play around with. So, leaping up from the tree she aimed to land right in the middle of the village square, using a use thunderous explosion to eviscerate a group of the undead that were nearby, at least she would have some breathing room to assess the situation.

Ten Junketsu | Heavenly Purity
Chakra: 20/40 (20)
Damage: 40/80 (40+5=45)
Description:
Based along the usage of the shock wave, the user will channel chakra into their fists as they strike the ground creating a large shock wave that erupts ripping up the ground creating cracks and crevasses up to long range. As the user strikes the ground they will release the chakra creating a depth charge like effect where the chakra will be channelled running underground through the cracks and upturned earth towards the opponent. Then the chakra will detonate creating a large explosion creating a pillar up to mid range in the air.
Notes:
B rank can be used 4 times with a 1 turn cooldown inbetween each usage.
B rank can only reach up to mid range
S rank can only be used 2 times with a 2 turn cooldown inbetween each useage and nothing S rank or above the following turn.

An eruption of chakra between the cracks exploded, throwing back multitude of undead creatures giving Strix a good 10 meter radius of space to work with to have a look around her to see their reactions. Many of them looked towards her, the sudden strange intruder stunning them only in shock that something had happened. Although she was surrounded, Strix had the advantage with not having to worry about hurting anyone since most of the citizens and villagers had already been turned into these creatures. Performing the seals, Strix would turn the area in front of her into a massive mudpit, swallowing the tavern, the barn and a few houses. This way she could feel confident that at least part of the undead attackers that were going to come for her would only be coming from one direction.

( Doton: Yomi Numa ) - Earth Style: Swamp of the Underworld
Range: Short - Long
Chakra: 30 - 50
Description: The user will first perform Boar → Tiger and then by changing the surface of an object beneath an enemy into mud and creating a non flammable swamp, the user can sink his enemy into the mud. The adhesive, chakra-infused mud ensnares the enemy's body, making it almost impossible to recover one's strength and escape from the swamp. The size and depth of the created swamp depends on the user's skill and the amount of chakra used, but if the user is an expert in this technique, it will always be possible to make a thick, newer impossible to move in swamp which is extremely effective against a great number of enemies or when having to face gigantic creatures.
Note: A rank use can extend up to mid range and will cause a target to become engulfed after one turn and suffocate after taking 60 damage per turn.
Note: S rank use can extend up to a single landmark in range and will cause a target to become engulfed and suffocate after one taking 80 damage per turn.
Note: Forbidden ranked use can only be used by Earth Specialists and Jiraiya bios. It can only.be used 3 times and is causing targets engulfed to suffocate in a single turn and can be up to 100 meters deep and wide and/or up to two landmarks.

Effectively there was only 20 undead of the creatures left, which Strix had to decide about how to handle them. Trying to save one for experimentation was her priority, but also experimenting on the creatures now was a viable option.

Alright test 1, do they have the same resistances, strength or durability of people... lets see.

As a group of undead shambled towards her, Strix gathered fire into her hand and then threw it, wrapping 3 of the zombies together in a wrap of fire. Watching carefully, she noted as their bodies burned, trying to escape but no real volume of noise greater than the moaning and screeching they were already unleashing.

(Katon: Honoo no Saigai Hi Kagayaku no Jutsu) - Fire Release: Flame of Disaster Fire Shine Technique
Damage: 30
Description: The user releases a flame of fire chakra that converges on the opponent wrapping around them and burning them.

Hmm well they dont seem to feel pain or have any fear...Alright test 2, lets see how smart they are.

This time, Strix would place her hands on the ground and lower the entire section of zombies capturing them all within the confines of a pit, and strode up to the edge. They scuffled and clambered over the top of each other trying to escape but pulled each other off trying to each climb to the top.

(Doton: Chidōkaku) - Earth Release: MoviStrixng Earth Core
Type: Supplementary/Defensive
Description: The user slams his hands on the ground and lowers or raises the ground in the surrounding area at high speeds, allowing them to create giant holes in the ground or avoid attacks. The size of the affected area as well as the depths that it is lowered to is up to the user and rasing earth can be done up to 20 meters tall creating a small cliff or they can create trenches that can be as deep as 20 meters. Other than being moved below ground relative to the surrounding surface the terrain is not altered, plant life and people retaining their same positions.
Well I suppose that they lose their intelligence... At least I have a group here now.

Strix was curious about what caused the undead to rise, to turn the people of the village undead with them. From the looks of some of the clothes that were on some of the undead, they looked out of place, perhaps as if they came from somewhere else. Strangely though, they were all branded with the same symbol that was above the tavern as if they were from there. Was it simply that these undead were villagers long since past?

Strix was writing down all these notes and too busy journaling to notice what was happening within the pit. The undead seemed to be climbing on top of each other but accidentally forming a pyramid to in actuality get out. They were showing an ability to learn but on top of this their tenacity was wearing away at the earth Strix had trapped them in, forming a slope giving them more purchase to climb up and out of their pit. Buried in her notes, she didnt hear the undead climbing out and begin running towards her, somewhat hungier than before as the shrieked. Looking over her notes, her eyes going wide from the unexpected attack, she was forced to backflip over the rock she sat down on.

Thats very interesting.... are they motivated by something more than just instinct, I wonder what instinct they are motivated by....

Strix was hesitant, she was about to obliterate them, but she wanted to keep at least one for studying. Oh well, this looked like it wouldnt be a one off event, Strix was sure she would fine more instances of the undead roaming and coming to attack villages. The idea would be to find out where they came from, how they were being used or what makes the tick. Could the be controled? Strix heard of techniques and rituals that could do such things, but all were forbidden techniques.

She would have to look into it when she got back to the marketplace. However for now she needed to take care of the undead here before they overwhelmed her. Forming a single seal and taking in a deep breath, Strix channelled the chakra in her mouth. So far she knew that fire would break down and burn the bodies, potentially because of the properties that fire could destroy cells, but it would have to do for now. Exhaling a large stream, she incinerated the corpses in front of her, turning them to ash. The village itself had already been burning, so there was nothing for this to burn or at least do more damage.

(Katon: Gōen no Jutsu) - Fire Release: Great Flame Technique
Description: The user does one handseal and inhales while molding a great amount of chakra into their lungs and expelling a large stream of flames from their mouth. The user has control over the concentration of the technique, being able to produce a narrow jet of flames, highly concentrated or one that will widen along its range. The flames are hot enough to quickly evaporate large quantities of water within a relatively short amount of time.

Well, Id say that I should probably get back to the Marketplace and see how that couple is doing. I also need to talk to that doctor about seeing Spider...

Strix put the investigation to the back of her mind while she focused on finding a way to talk to Spider...

Last edited:

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
This post marks the beginning of my mission using the following storyboard elements:

- Fight an enemy much stronger than yourself
Creature has 200HP, 2000 Chakra, CES, Poison Release, -50% physical damage reduction

On her way back to the marketplace, Strix came across some strange tracks that was heading into the direction of the marketplace, huge footprints that didnt look human, nor any animal she recognized. Although she had recently seen the great creature that she sacrificed, this one looked different, carving a path through the road, broken branches, trees and massive pot holes in the road. This didnt look like an attack or a battle had taken place, it was something travelling, and something big by the look of it. Rushing down the path with a little more speed, Strix eventually saw in the distance, a huge pal skinned, muscular creature that was walking towards the town marketplace of Veskals Exchange.

Holding a huge tree like a club, the enormous creature stood nearly 10 meters tall, and approaching it she got a better look at the Ogre type creature. Rotting skin that had chunks of flesh missing, it lumbered forward dragging its club behind it. She needed to stop it before it got to the marketplace and caused havoc. Taking out her wand and pointing it towards the club he was dragging behind, she muttered Diffindo... as a streak of thin blue jet of energy expelled from her wand, severing the club at the hilt, giving the Ogre nothing more than a stub that he was carrying.

( Miryoku ) - Charms
Type: Supplementary / Offensive / Defensive
Chakra: 10-40
Damage: 20 - 80
Description: Charms are a set of spells that adds certain properties to an object or creature. Charms are distinguished from Transfigurations in that a charm adds or changes properties of an object; it focuses on altering what the object does as opposed to what the object is. Successful casting of a charm is achieved through concentration, precise wand movements, and the proper pronunciation of an incantation. When in use for nearly all spells, mahou used takes the form of a beam of energy that (if it successfully hits the target) begins to "bewitch" upon contact. Divided and taught at different Years, the basic of Charms start at simply levitation while the higher ranks create a very powerful shield. Unless specifically noted, all charms can extend up to long range.

D Rank

Levitation Charm: - Defensive
The Levitation Charm ( Wingardium Leviosa ) allows the user to target an object and lift it using mahou and chakra to do so. This allows even First years to lift items heavier then they normally would be able to. This allows the user to levitate and lift items in front of him should the need arise, proving him with either cover or a way to defend. Despite its strengths, however, the Levitation Charm has one notable flaw: it does not work on human beings. This can target items up to mid range away. It can't destroy or harm objects though it can be used to transform objects into projectiles. The object will leviate while focus is maintained preventing the use of simultaneous techniques.

C Rank

Disarming Charm: - Supplementary
The Disarming Charm ( Expelliarmus ) is a charm which forces the target to release whatever they were holding at the time. This happens by the wave hitting the target and triggers a "knee jerk" reaction on contact that causes a muscle spasm that releases the weapon. The Disarming Charm causes whatever an opponent is holding at the time to fly high out of their reach, landing 5 meters away. The Disarming Charm always appears as a jet of red light; indeed, this is one of the things that makes it recognisable before the effects of the charm are seen. This can be used up to mid range away from the user.

B Rank

Summoning Charm: - Supplementary
The Summoning Charm (Accio) was a charm that caused an object at a distance from the caster to fly into their arms. This spell needs thought behind it, the object must be clear in the caster's mind, before trying to summon. The charm works by the user targeting an object as he speaks and using his mahou to mark it and act as a beacon, the item honing in on the user's location. This spell needs thought behind it, the object must be clear in the caster’s mind, before trying to summon. Should an item be within long range, it will take 1 turn to arrive. Should it not be on the battlefield, it will take 2. Cannot be used on items fueled with foreign chakra. Cannot be used as a substitute to the various summoning techniques.

Banishing Charm: - Supplementary
The Banishing Charm (Depulso) is the counter-charm to the Summoning Charm. As Accio summons objects to the caster, Depulso sends objects away, backwards to mid range away. Unlike the Summoning Charm, which can summon specific objects from anywhere, the Banishing Charm banishes whatever the wand is aimed at. This works by creating a semi circle around the user, filling his short range radius as he wills it forward in the direction his wand is aimed, pushing outwards as it repels anything unranked or up to B rank, pushing it back with equal momentum as it possesses.

A Rank

Stunning Charm: - Offensive
The Stunning Spell ( Stupefy ), also known as a Stunner or Stupefying Charm is a charm that renders a victim physically unable to move and halts moving objects. Appearing as a jet of scarlet light, the spell collides into an opponent and slams into them with great force and, without causing damage, is capable leaving the opponent unable to move. The effects are short lasting, however, never lasting more than a single turn, and can be countered by either preventing the charm from hitting the target or, once the effect triggers, overpowering it with raw physical power. The target can still mold chakra, however; its just that his muscles become unable to move.

Human Presence Revealing Spell: - Supplementary
The Human-presence-revealing Spell ( Homenum Revelio ) is a charm which reveals human presences in the surrounding environment. The spell creates a quick, near instant burst of energy that doesn’t cause injury or any negative effects, being released as a “wave” of mahou that spreads the field near instantly, allowing the user to be given a mental map of every enemy (clones included but not summons or otherwise non ninjas/samurais) on the field in that instant. That awareness pertains to the "geographical position" of the enemies towards the user and it lasts 3 turns, allowing the user to keep track of enemies even if they move up to 3x their normal speed. If, after the charm is used, more enemies appear in the field, they will not be detected by the technique.

S Rank

Severing Charm: - Offensive/Defensive
The Severing Charm ( Diffindo ) is a charm used to precisely and accurately cut something. It is taught in second year charms classes, and if used inappropriately can cause death or injury. Appearing as a thin blue jet, the Severing Charm is able to cut through S rank jutsu and below, splitting the jutsu easily. It is capable of removing limbs and even causing death if used in an irresponsible way. This cannot be used in consecutive turns and only up to mid range. After using, the user cannot use S rank or baove charms for two turns and no other S rank charm on that same turn.

Bombardment: - Offensive/Defensive
Bombardment charm ( Bombarda ) is a charm used to provoke explosions; one use for this explosion is to blast open sealed doors or to blow bars off of windows. When the dark jet of energy make contact with an item, it causes a short range explosion, ripping the item to shreds if of S rank or lower. This allows the user to quickly release a burst of energy to destroy large attacks or to cause great damage to an opponent by creating an explosion on contact. This can only be used in mid or Long range and 3 times max. After usage, the user cannot use any S rank Charms the next turn and must wait two turns before reusing this.

Note: Nearly all Charms take the form of projectiles of mahou, and can be defended against like any other jutsu. For those that do not need to physically travel, their methods of defense varies based on the spell used. If the item targeted is within short range, the user is able to control said object nonverbally and without a wand as well. This can only be done by Year 6 and up Kisei.
Note: S rank applications are usable only by Year 5 Kisei and higher, A rank by Year 4, etc. .
Note: Specifical restrictions for each spell are listed in each’s description.
Note: Only usable by members of the Kisei clan.

WUHHH??

Her first strike was successful disarming the weapon from the massive creature, as she then followed up using the element of surprise to her advantage expelling a massive flame from the tip of her wand, aiming to roast the Ogre. The flames were effective on the undead previously, and if this creature was similar hopefully this would take the same effect.

Description: The user does one handseal and inhales while molding a great amount of chakra into their lungs and expelling a large stream of flames from their mouth. The user has control over the concentration of the technique, being able to produce a narrow jet of flames, highly concentrated or one that will widen along its range. The flames are hot enough to quickly evaporate large quantities of water within a relatively short amount of time.

The creature roared in pain as it was now aware of Strix, and eyed her down with a fierce determination and killing intent to destroy the puny little creature that attacked it. Bloodlust took over its brain, not acting on hunger or fear but for pure rage. Slamming its twin fists down into the ground, a massive shockwave rippled out uprooting all the trees around, destroying the road and throwing back everything around. Strix could do almost nothing but hold on to everything she had, the beasts power overwhelming in physical strength.

( 100m Panchi ) - 100 Metre Punch
Chakra: 30+25=55
Damage: 60+25=80
Description: A shorter version of the 1000 Metre Punch, this technique is both terribly simple and terribly dangerous. The user concentrates their chakra into their fist and simply lands a devastating full punch blow on the target, sending him flying up to long range if met with no resistance in its way. Targets hit, due to its power and impact, will suffer bone-breaking effects and will trigger the 40% General Body Health Effects. In addition, the technique can also be used to defend against corporeal ninjutsu attacks such as Earth and Wind up to the same rank.

The shockwave was enough to push Strix back a few meters, coughing up some blood as she felt shaken from the massive energy that threw her back. This huge Ogre was going to take a beating and Strix needed to think of a way to combat against his massive strength. Head to head attacks werent going to work, she needed to think of a better way to combat this threat, and although she wasn't as proficient in genjutsu, she was going to have to incorporate it into this fight. Channeling her chakra into this creature, she caused an image of a flower to begin growing around him, trapping and causing him to becom entangled within its roots. The creature would begin to swipe at the area around it, struggling to move its limbs, as it began to become trapped in its own mind, and Strix as she tried to keep focus on the genjutsu, the creature was close to distrupting the genjutsu attack, but Strix with her will managed to keep her focus. Igniting the flower in the creatures mind, he would feel a burning sensation around him, feeling like its flesh was on fire, and began to turn to cinder and ash.

( Magen: Hanarasui ) - Demonic Illusion: Flower Head Death
Type: Offensive/Supplementary
Range: Short- Mid
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage points: 40 due to stress on the mind
Description: The user will trap the target within an illusion where the opponent appears to be trapped in a large flower bud which then explodes. The opponent is made to believe that an explosion actually occurred and collapses, believing himself to be injured. The resulting stress on his mind causes damage.

As the genjutsu finished, the creature blinked its eyes a few times to regain its composure trying understand what happened. Realizing it had been tricked, it roared ferociously once more and looked around to uproot another tree, and turn it into a weapon once again. This wasn't good, one hit from that creature and Strix would most likely be unconscious if not dead, even with her constitution. Trying to gain some composure, Strix was about to launch another attack as the Ogre belched forward some noxious gas, organe in colour that began to stream towards her. The grass wilted turning black, flowers shriveled and in some comical effect the trees around them began to loose their leaves. Instinctually Strix knew she would have to block this, or avoid it some how.

( Ninpou: Dokugiri ) - Ninja Art: Poison Mist
Damage: 80 ( 40 per turn if poisoned )
Description: Chakra is kneaded within the body and then changed into special chemical substances which are then ejected through the mouth in the form of a massive gaseous poison cloud that can blanket an entire battlefield. When this substance comes in contact with the air outside the body, it instantly changes and is transformed into a mist of deadly gaseous poison. As this technique combines ninjutsu, chemistry, and medical knowledge, using it requires fine chakra control and advanced ability in medical ninjutsu. The poisoned individual will suffer 40 damage per turn for two turns if poisoned.

The best way that Strix would think to counter would be a wind attack, something to change the direction of the poison. It was a gamble and there was a huge amount of poison, but she had to try it.

( Fūton: Fūjinheki) - Wind Release: Swift Wind Wall
Type: Defensive
Range: Short - Mid
Description: After forming 3 handseals, the user summons a swirling stream of wind, encasing the user and repelling incoming attacks. It can also be expanded around others to them if near the user.

Creating a wall of wind, she diffuses the gaseous cloud of poison that had been killing the plant life around her, but in all the confusion, Strix lost sight of the Ogre that she was fighting, it had disappeared. How could she lose sight of the massive creature that was capable to carving a path of destruction so large. Even listening out for it, she couldnt hear any noise from it, and likely, it wasnt the greatest creature at stealth. It wasn't until a roaring from above her that she realized what happened, the creature leaped up with its massively strong legs and was attempting to crush Strix from above. This wasnt't good, no, she needed to act quickly, otherwise this massive ogre was going to crush her and that would be the end of it. She was backed into a corner, but she needed to find a way out. Flooding her body with Yang, Strix became a stronger faster version of herself, and in a flash she had disappeared from the Ogres view as he brought the club down, creating another massive shockwave.

( Ōkashō ) - Cherry Blossom Impact
Chakra: 30 - 50 (40+25=65)
Damage: 60 - 90 (80+25=105)
Description: While some may see it as "superhuman strength", this technique is actually an application of medical ninjutsu that demands the ability to concentrate and minute chakra control. An immense amount of chakra is kneaded inside the body, and a moment later, all of it it is gathered into the fist or leg. That chakra is then released into the target, which does a great amount of damage. With the damage done dependent on the amount of chakra used, it is also possible for a skilled shinobi to amass it in their fingertip. When the ground is hit it is pulverized into minute pieces by the excess shock in an area short range all around, which are then scattered like flower petals, giving rise to the name "Cherry Blossom Impact".

(Yoton: Ken'i) - Yang Release: Power of The Sun
Chakra cost: 100 (50 per turn)
Damage points: N/A (+40 to Taijutsu)
Description: The user will reinforce his own body with Yang natured chakra, empowering his physical abilities to the outermost limits. This allows him to become physically very strong (beyond the normal levels of chakra enhanced strength), increases his resistance to physical damage (decreasing 60 damage from any physical contact), his speed (boosted to 3.5x his normal speed), and grants him a passive healing of all minor wounds at 30 damage per turn. However, by infusing himself with the Yang Nature, he becomes unable to use Yin Release techniques or Yin/Yang Release techniques; he cannot use Genjutsu or non elemental Ninjutsu of any kind (including special fields like Fuuinjutsu).
Note: Can only be used twice per battle and lasts 4 turns per use.

Although the huge shockwave the erupted was damaging, thankfully due to the Yang flooding her body, it wasnt as bad this time. She could still feel its effect taking a toll on her body as the Yang worked to repair her internal bleeding and fixing her superficial wounds. This Ogre had a tough exterior, its skin as thick as hide she could now see pockmarks and remnants of scars and wound the Ogre had from previous battles, but none of them looked more deeper than a scratch, little nicks and cuts. To fight this creature she would have to bypass its outer hide, bypassing its defence and attack it internally. Using the taijutsu she developed on her own, She created a tigers claw as she pushed her fist into the ribs of the beast.

Iryō ken: Toraken - Fistweaving: Tiger palm
Type:
Attack/Defense/Supplementary
Chakra: 20-40 (+20)
Damage: 40-80 (+1 rank)
Description:
The user practicing Fistweaving, envelops their hands in aggressive medical chakra, striking blows against the opponent. Depending on the rank of the technique user, the user is able to inflict small to major damage to the user. With the users hands covered in the aggresive medical chakra, when they strike, the chakra is discharged injected into the opponent which then proceeds to internally destroy the users muscles. Additionally, by specifically destroying the area(s) struck, so are the tenketsu within the area. This then causes the user to lose chakra due to user not only losing physical energy (used in the creation of chakra) but also the tenktesu unable to be used in the area. Not to be mistaken that the chakra is sealed, but specifically lost, unless medically healed. With B rank, the user loses 1% of their chakra, A rank loses 2.5% of their chakra, while S rank loses 5% of their chakra.
Additionally, this technique can be applied or other taijutsu the user performs, in the same time frame, which increases it by 1 Rank at the cost of 20 chakra. When used in this fashion the default drawback to the opponent on contact will be equivalent to the B rank usage of this technique(1% chakra loss).
Notes:
- Can only be used every alternate turn
- S rank can only be used 2 times, A rank can be used three times per battle.

Suffering the full damage, the creature cluctched at its ribs as internal organs and muscles were destroyed by the internal destruction the chakra wrecked. It was at this moment that Strix was too confident, and let her guard down thinking she had the upper hand. In a fit of rage the creature swung its arms wildly which caught Strix in the head, sending her flying backwards. It was enough to do severe damage to her, causing her to almost black out, it it wasnt for the adrenaline pumping through her system.

( 100m Panchi ) - 100 Metre Punch
Chakra: 30+25
Damage: 60+25=85
Description: A shorter version of the 1000 Metre Punch, this technique is both terribly simple and terribly dangerous. The user concentrates their chakra into their fist and simply lands a devastating full punch blow on the target, sending him flying up to long range if met with no resistance in its way. Targets hit, due to its power and impact, will suffer bone-breaking effects and will trigger the 40% General Body Health Effects. In addition, the technique can also be used to defend against corporeal ninjutsu attacks such as Earth and Wind up to the same rank.

Strix shuffled herself into a sitting upright position as the Ogre struggled to breath. Both partys now on their last legs as the battle reached its climax. Who ever struck next was going to win. The ogre struggling to stand was looking at Strix with now a mixture of fear and rage, how dare this puny creature hurt it so much. Taking in a deep breath, the oger prepared another attack, and exhaled a huge fume of poison once again, this one much more potent. A disgusting sickly yellow colour, the grass that was still around and flowers simply burnt, turning to ash as they died. Strix would take a gamble, wondering if this would work. If not then it would be the end, something she could accept. Taking the wand from her pocket, she raised it, once more to unleash another gout of fire, a stream dense and concentrated towards the Ogres mouth.

( Ninpou: Dokugiri ) - Ninja Art: Poison Mist
Damage: 80 ( 40 per turn if poisoned )
Description: Chakra is kneaded within the body and then changed into special chemical substances which are then ejected through the mouth in the form of a massive gaseous poison cloud that can blanket an entire battlefield. When this substance comes in contact with the air outside the body, it instantly changes and is transformed into a mist of deadly gaseous poison. As this technique combines ninjutsu, chemistry, and medical knowledge, using it requires fine chakra control and advanced ability in medical ninjutsu. The poisoned individual will suffer 40 damage per turn for two turns if poisoned.

As the fire clashed with the poison mist, an interested effect occured that Strix was hoping to happen. The fire ignited the mist, adn travelling down the source of the gas, it headed straight towards the Ogre. Dazed and still hurting, the Ogre couldnt close its mouth quick enough before the fire went down its gullet, igniting the ogre from the inside. the mixutre of its gas and fire and condensed space gave little to no space for the fire to expand, and thus in a massive disgusting explosion, the ogre was blown to bits. Chunks of burnt smouldering flesh, yellow and black rained down, while the shockwave threw Strix backwards into a tree. The landscape was ruined but at least the Marketplace wouldnt have to deal with it. Sleep was claiming Strix despite the Yang in her body and she was having trouble keeping her eyes open.

Ill....Ill just rest here a bit...

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Wandering back through the marketplace, Strix would look out for any information that would help her to set up a meeting with Spider. Looking out for any leads, she acoured the market, hiding in shadows and listening in to conversations on who this Spider was. She wanted to ask him about her Core.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
This post marks the beginning of my mission using the following storyboard elements:
- Assault a large group or settlement

{hr][/hr]

Leaving to explore the surrounding area more, Strix had the urge to explore more of Tobuseki and the incursions that were happening. While news of more undead were happening around the country, the Mainlands seemed to have no news of any activity. Curious about why or what was happening, Strix wondered if this was the actions behind the Voidlords or if there was someone else or something else that wanted to attack the continent. After receiving her upgrades from Spider, Strix was slowly getting used to them, the fluctuations of her cycle, much like the Moon cycle. It gave her a small comfort that she was closer towards it, and her Goddess. A few hours of travel south of Veskals, Strix could see smoke on the horizon, but too much to be a campfire, or small group. This was several plumes forming together that were coallessing into clouds, a dark grey smudge on the pale blue sky. Moving closer Strix came to look upon a sea of undead, perhaps close to a thousand of them as they swamped a town.

These undead were many different types of creatures and humanoids, even some looking unhuman, like an amalgamation of creatures mixed together. They were still pouring into the small village, effortlessly overrunning them and swarming from the south. If their path were to be continued then eventually they would hit Veskals, and Strix still hadn't had a chance to speak with Spider yet. Carefully moving forward, Strix needed to find a way to stop these creatures. Although she had faced great odds before and more difficult foes, Strix wandered if this time she would fall, but she had to snap out of it. These undead needed to be stopped, and Strix needed to find out what her core meant, and how to retrieve her relic.

Strix jumped forward reaching the edge of the town, and began to channel fire chakra into her lungs, she needed to make a path into the town. The undead were so many that the formed an almost solid wall of flesh that prevented access to the town through its gate and palisades. Exhaling the fire, the gates themselves provided the perfect compression to focus her fire into the undead wall.

Damage: 80+10

Flesh burnt, its horrible smell filling her nose with the stench of the incineration and the roar of undead crumbling and agony. Despite being undead, they seemed to still have come brain capacity for pain and agony. The human emotions for the human undead she would have to push out of her mind, they were dead, enemies and would kill her if given the chance. The humanoid and animalistic creatures on the other hand simply squealed and roared with ferocity and agony as they burnt. She had barely made a dent in the wall as more filled the space clambering over the piles of bodys she had incinerated. Trying a different tactic, Strix channeled the Lightning chakra into her hands, forming a tight cone as she thrust them forward, sparks and beams of lightning expelled forward into the horde.

(Raiton: Chidori Raimei) - Lightning Style: 1000 Birds Thunderstorm
Descripton: The user will channel lightning chakra into his hand, covering it with a massive chidori. The user will then point his palm forwards, unleashing that chakra, creating a massive 120º blast of lightning that spreads from his hand, outwards and forward towards the enemy.

The lightning crackled and chirped as it danced and buzzed through the horde, slightly more effective as it passes from body to body, cutting through bodies instead of being blocked like the fire was. Strix coughed at the smell, further enhanced by the lightning, musty deceased flesh mixing with fire and singed and burnt flesh now mixed with fire and smoke from the gate. Pressing on with determination, Strix made an effort to push further into the town. she had made a small clearing, enough for her to get a look at what was going on. The monsters were destroying the town, killing, eating civilians, livestock and whatever they could get their hands on. Some of the larger ones were physically ripping apart the buildings, their strength something impressive to behold. All of their attacks however still were melee, something she could avoid by staying out of range, their power was in the numbers they had however. By now after analysing the area, more of the creatures had noticed Strix and began bearing down on her, looking to tear her apart for food. Leaping upwards, Strix gathered the chakra in her mouth, forming seals as she did. She needed to clear some air and create a breathing space for herself blowing away all the fumes and odours as it was beginning to get hard for her to think clearly with all the foul odours and smells overpowering.

(Fūton: Shinkū Taigyoku) – Wind Release: Vacuum Great Sphere
Description: After performing two hand seals Tiger → Dog the user launches a stronger version of the Wind Release: Vacuum Sphere technique, where the user instead chooses to compress the entirety of the previously inhaled breath into a single large, crushing sphere of wind chakra that they then proceed to expel from their mouth.

The crushing air pressure did its job of clearing the surrounding area of the smoke and disgusting foggy odour, but it had little to no impact on the undead horde, simply almost absorbing the technique. The frontline had been crushed, but the humanoid and bodies behind hadn't been effected, simply blowing them around. They were closer now, almost a few meters away as she landed back down, she needed to think quick. Channelling lightning around her body, Strix released an unfocused lightning technique all around her, stunning and causing all the undead creatures to become statically paralyzed which gave her a moment to formulate a plan or look for an exit.

(Raiton: Chidori Nagashi) - Lightning Release: One Thousand Birds Current
Range: Short (Mid if channeled through a medium)
Damage: N/A (+10 if used to boost weapon damage)
Description: This jutsu allows the user to generate non-focused electricity from their body. It can be used as an omnidirectional attack or be channeled through weapons, the ground or other conductive mediums. Because the electricity isn't focused, it doesn't kill on contact, instead it has great numbing and paralyzing effects. To channel Nagashi through a medium, the user needs to focus the technique into one of his hands which will then be put in contact with the medium and can only choose to either do a widespread attack throughout his whole body or to channel it into something; he cannot achieve both usages at the same time. Despite not having much destructive or damaging properties, Nagashi can be used to destroy low rank earthen and wooden structures and even negate chakra on the ground to stop high ranked earth and wood techniques. It has also been noted that Lightning Specialists that have mastered Lightning to the highest degree can resist total paralyzation, although they still feel the pain and numbing effects.
Note: Paralyzation lasts 1 turn if sucessful but is ineffective against bios who have a primary Lightning Specialty

Desperately looking around, her thoughts were interrupted by more groaning and moaning as the stench seemed to be back, and looking around, creatures began shoving past and climbing over the stunned other undead. It barely stemmed the tide and gave Strix a lot less time than she though she would have to think of something. On top of all this, the overwhelming stench and disgusting odours were back, causing Strix to cover her mouth and nose, or risk coughing up. Lightning seemed to be the best element for these creatures, destroying their bodies and seemingly note having a side effect. She needed to focus on destroying as many as she could, and claping he hands together again and throwing out another huge beam of thunder, she rotated this time, trying to cut down as many as possible within her twist. Lightning crackled and fizzed as it cut through so many bodies, she could feel her hands slowing down as the chakra began to fade, the swarm too thick to cut through.

(Raiton: Gian) - Lightning Style: False Darkness
Descripton: The user, after performing the Snake handseal, emits lightning in the shape of a spear from their hands or mouth which then pierces the enemy. Kakuzu, the original user, shoots the technique from his Lightning mask's mouth. Its destructive power is great enough to even pierce through rock; meaning it has a high killing potential. The user can increase the number of spears to attack multiple enemies by branching the main spear. This, coupled with the sheer speed of the lightning, makes it a difficult technique to evade. This strong attack can be defended against by an equally strong attack of the same element such as Raikiri.

Breathing heavy, Strix had to keep on her toes as this swarm was taking it out of her, seemingly like an unending tide of bodies that kept coming. She was ready for it, at least she thought so, but it seemed like they just kept coming no matter what she did. Had she picked off more than she could handle? pondering this thought, Strix turned back, before being shocked by a sudden hand grabbing her ankle. A zombie that had its lower body cut off from earlier can crawled its way underneath he lightning, and began to pull itself towards her. Channeling chakra to her hand, she covered it in a raikiri as she smashed her hand right through its neck, beheading it.

(Raiton: Raikiri) - Lightning Release: Lightning Blade
Range: Short (Long if applied to a projectile weapon)
Description: The Lightning Cutter is an enhanced and concentrated form of the Chidori with the same effects and drawbacks that is done performing the Ox → Rabbit → Monkey hand seals. According to Might Guy, it gained its name after Kakashi split a bolt of lightning with it. Because the Chidori is already powerful on its own, the Lightning Cutter requires better chakra control, which is exemplified in its appearance. The Chidori appears as simply a mass of white electrical chakra in the user's hand, while the Lightning Cutter is much more focused. Kakashi has shown different ways of forming and using the Lightning Cutter, unique to him. For example, he demonstrated the ability to imbue a projectile weapon, such as a kunai, with his Lightning Cutter, granting the technique long-range capabilities by throwing the kunai towards his target. In this instance, the kunai was capable of piercing through multiple large rocks with ease, without any loss of momentum or change in trajectory.

This moment focusing on one undead had given the others within the swarm an opportunity to gather closer to where they could claw away at her. Pulling and tugging her from each and every way, they had surprising strength considering they were just humanoid and undead. Most of them looked like they had wounds or sickness, chunks of flesh missing out of their body or missing limbs. The putrid foul odour was even strong up close causing Strix to retch and giving her a hard time to focus, but she needed to do something and escape. As something bit down on her arm she cried out, as something bit down on her ankle, the undead beginning to try and rip her flesh apart. Thinking of the first thing that came to her head, she channeled her forgotten power into her body, and letting forth and omnidirectional explosion of Cosmic Chakra, tens of zombies that were crawling and climbing their way to her were thrown back. The force of the technique was a breather, an instant force that gave her breathing space.

Gentei: Erementaru | Limit: Elemental
Type: Supplementary/Offensive/Defensive
Chakra: 20-40 (-15 per turn)
Damage: 40-80
Description:
One basic application of Cosmic Chakra is able to manipulate it into several different properties. Depending on the Drive form the user is in, depends on what application can be used. Should the user be in no drive form, but call upon their cosmic chakra, they can only produce such things as blasts or waves from their body. Simple and unrefined bursts called forth from the accompanying movement, where it follows the body. These blasts and surges only last for the the moment of the attack, not going beyond the turn used. When in the basic first Drive Form, the user is capable of create more complex constructs, creating walls, golems, creatures etc. These constructs while they can be launched from the body, cannot move on their own unless given the appropriate movement from the user. They last for 2 turns on the field, capable of being more advanced than the base form. When the user has mastered their Final Form, the user can create more advanced constructs. These techniques are created and made from cosmic chakra but additionally given the unique proporties having the flexibility to change form/shape should the user desire. This is not limited to the users Cosmic chakra, but can create constructs that can move about on their own, for 3 turns. This is not to be confused with sentience but instead given "direct orders" eg, "attack here" or "defend me" etc.
Notes:
- Constructs can only be used in the turn they were created in. The use of Master Drive extends this by 1 turn while entering Final Form extends this another turn.
- After use of S rank version, no other Cosmic Chakra technique above A rank can be used next turn
- S rank can be used 3 times max while A rank can be used up to 5 times.

She needed to exit, Strix couldn't handle this many undead and zombies at once, there were going to be too many for her to take on. Every time she killed or destroyed some, there were more already taking place, like some driven army desperate. There was no rhyme or reason to their attacks, it was driven by one thing it looked like to Strix, something far scarier. Hunger. Although she had made a dent within the swarm on the village, assaulting the settlement, she barely scratched the surface as to what was going on and why there were so many. Had others around Tobuseki just abandoned the defences and left for the mainlands? Strix was curious, and channeling sugar around her body while she had the time, she left the area, to head back to Veskals to heal up and gather more information. Strix had barely made it out, she barely made a dent but she was going to retrun.

Amaiton: Ashura Mōdo | Sugar Release: Carnage Mode
Chakra: 30-50
Damage: N/A (-15 to user for each turn of F rank)
Description:
The user will gather Sugar chakra around their body, creating a direct source for every muscle and fibre, providing a huge boost to energy allowing the body to be push to extreme limits.
-A rank requires 2 handseals, while S rank requires 3 and F rank requires 5.
-While in S rank mode, the user can only use Non elemental Ninjutsu apart from Amaiton, as well as nonelemental Taijutsu, Kenjutsu and Genjutsu.
-While in F rank mode, the user can only use Amaiton elemental ninjutsu, non elemental Taijutsu/Kenjutsu

Bakafu - Blast (A Rank)
With one instant surge of chakra around the body to the muscles, the user is able to move at 2x the speed they normally can allowing them to move and dash at incredible speeds. This movement lasts for mere seconds useful as an escape or closing distance technique.
Restrictions:
Can only be used 4 times per match
No techniques above S rank Next turn

Moeru - Blaze (S Rank)
Channelling Amaiton chakra around the body, the user creates a source of readily available energy allowing the muscles to work at their limits without losing any energy. The draw back to this is the lactic acid build up that comes afterwards. By fueling the muscles with sugar for 3 turns, the user moves at 3x their speed, giving a +15 to taijutsu due to the increase in speed.
Restrictions:
Can only be used 3 times per match
No other Sugar release techniques upon ending for 2 turns
No Techniques above S rank for 2 turns upon ending.

Kirakira - Glitter (F Rank)
One of the most dangerous and reckless uses of Amaiton, is the Glitter. Glitter surrounds the muscles in sugar chakra, with a ready supply effectively drowning the muscles in the chakra. Pushing the users body beyond normal safe limits, this mode effectively stresses and tears muscles due to the extreme strain put on them. While extremely dangerous, this does also give the user for 2 turns to move at 4x their speed, with an added bonus of +25 to their taijutsu. After the jutsu ends, the user is left extremely drained to the overloaded build up of lactic acid in their system and the risk of hypoglycemia.
Restrictions:
-Can only be used once per match
-No other sugar release for 3 turns upon ending
-No other techniques above A rank for 2 turns after ending.
-User takes an additional 20 damage for 2 turns after ending from attacks

Once out of sight from the settlement, Strix took a breather to catch some breath and slowly made her way back to Veskals.

Kin
1,231💸
Kumi
864💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
"Send this young Strix a message. She may request an audience with me but..." He grinned, leaning forward down toward his messenger in his immense chair - built from nothing else but steel and the bones of those who dared oppose his iron grip rule of the Exchange. "These things come at a cost," the Spider smiled again, leaning back. "An audience with me costs 15,000 Ryo; anything less would be nothing short of an insult." While a steep price, it would certainly be of worth to the witch. Answers sought, answers found.

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Strix had been relaxing finding a small little respite within the Marketplace with an Inn that had excellent comforts, a moderate bed space with a private little garden for Strix to meditate. Considering the recent turn of events, it gave Strix a lot to think on. Why was she bothering to protect this marketplace when the Spider hadn't even had the interest in responding to her. She had been looking for answers on her core and with little to no leads here, it was due time for her to move on. Taking a deep breath, Strix knew that she would need to look for answer deeper and further inland of Tobuseki. Even with the Undead and monster reports on the continent, Strix only had one goal, and that was to gather more information and knowledge. She hadn't heard from Phetra in a while, least any of the Voidlords. While meeting Demetrias was an excellent learning opportunity, Strix felt like she had been lacking presence on Tobuseki, her legacy of the Black Witch seemingly behind this invasion from the Sea. Granted that Strix had been quiet recently, it was time that she resumed building up some cult within her name. Forming a seal, Strix created a close to leave and search for more information inland while Strix would finish her business here.

(Kage Bunshin no Jutsu) - Shadow Clone Technique
Chakra Cost: 20 (total chakra is divided by the final number of clones plus the user)
Damage Points: N/A
Description: The Kage Bunshin distributes the ninja's chakra evenly among the clones and himself and creates a real copy with form and substance. The clones, a max number of 4, are capable of performing techniques on their own and can even bleed, but will usually disperse after hit by a strong enough force, returning 10% of its individual chakra to the user. Shadow clones can't be distinguished from the original with Sharingan, Byakugan, Rinnegan or normal Chakra Sensing. The clone itself can also utilize any jutsu the original ninja knows. When the clone finally disperses, any new knowledge it has gained is passed back to the original ninja and any additional clones.

Heading back to her bedroom, Strix noticed the paper on her table, a small envelope, scrawled writing on it addressed to Strix. An invasion of privacy surely, but then again in this lawless continent it wasnt surprising, Strix had long given up on the idea of human kind, considering herself to be changing and slowly turning away from humanity and further turning to a demon witch. Picking up the envelope and pulling the letter out, a small smirk formed on her face.

This letter is addressed to 'Strix'
My Master allows you to request an audience. Your reply will be expected within 24 hours.
As with everything in Veskals Exchange, comes with a price. 15,000 Ryo.
Post your reply to the central mail post within the market. We will find it.

Strix couldn't help but let out a cackle at the letter, shaking her head at the letter. The timing itself could hardly be coincidence, but Strix had been patient enough waiting for Spider to reply to her. Strix was a witch, and while Spider may wish to control his little marketplace, Strix didnt play games, she was direct and would rather deal directly with Spider. As for the price, she simply refused. There was even a chance that he wouldn't have the answers that she needed, so why pay for something that he might not even have for her. Considering that she had already been defending the Marketplace from the incoming undead, Strix felt her dues already paid.

Scribbling down on a note and giving to a firefly to post, she wrote her answer.

I request a meeting with Spider, a request for information. However paying for something he may not have simply isnt good business, something Im sure Spider can appreciate. Considering that I have already been preventing oncoming undead hordes and enemies from coming to Veskals Exchange, as well as buying a service from the Marketplace, no doubt some of which will also go to you as tax, I will no be paying Spider simply to meet him. However I am capable to negotiate. If Spider is happy to meet and talk with me, then we can talk about a fee for extra services and information rendered.
Fool is anyone for giving money before actually meeting a merchant or receiving the goods.

The Firefly then flew away, delivering the message to the appropriate drop point. There was only now a time to wait.

Waiting for reply, while Clone leaves landmark

Skorm

ιn ѕιlιco
Elite
Kin
10,956💸
Kumi
81,693💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Coming from [x]

Alucard had arrived at the notorious outlaw country. His visit was appearing random and he had only gone here in hopes of learning more about the ongoing hostilities in the Tobusekai. He wandered in to a local tavern and made himself comfortable with a big pint sitting next to a corner table. His eyes beamed in the shadows tinted slightly by his eyelids.

Sigh, wonder whats to come

Zatanna

Elite
Kin
4,926💸
Kumi
18,043💴
Trait Points
40⚔️
Coming from [x]

Alucard had arrived at the notorious outlaw country. His visit was appearing random and he had only gone here in hopes of learning more about the ongoing hostilities in the Tobusekai. He wandered in to a local tavern and made himself comfortable with a big pint sitting next to a corner table. His eyes beamed in the shadows tinted slightly by his eyelids.

Sigh, wonder whats to come
Strix often took note of the people coming and leaving Veskals Exchange, in the hopes that she could find people worthy of piquing her interest, and usually there was only low level traders and thugs looking to sell their services. Today was an exception, as Strix could see a new face enter the Marketplace, someone who looked to be well travelled as well herself. He had a strange aura, Strix could note that he seemed to posses several unique skills rare around the Eastern Continent. Standing from her position, she wandered over to introduce herself.

Our eyes havent seen you here before. We are Strix, Black Witch.

Her voice scratchy and low as she spoke to the stranger, with a pale white hand from under her cloak now resting on the table to show no hostilities.

You are new here, why have you come?

Her question was simple and to the point, Strix was curious and wanted to be sated. Perhaps this stranger may help her with her quest.