Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
You must be registered for see images

Chakra is the combination of spiritual and physical energy which exists in our bodies. This physical energy exists within every single cell of the body, and can be honed through general exercise. The physical energy, is like the yang. The life giving physical energy that is required for life, the first side of the coin so to speak. On the other side, is the Spiritual energy that comes from within. This energy, like the Yin, is dependant on the user's own imagination. Thus, it can be honed through study, and meditation. All living things contain chakra, although Shinobi can manipulate it and have weaponised it. This chakra constantly flows through the body, through the chakra circulatory system. This chakra circulatory system is, to a certain extent, connected to our own vital organs. This was shown when Neji Hyuuga attacked chakra points near the heart, yet did a lot of damage to the heart itself. It's somewhat based on the circulation of blood in real life.

Chakra itself is rarely seen, although when performing extremely powerful condensed jutsu (like Raikiri), charka can be seen to an extent with the naked eye. In most other situations however, it requires someone to have a sensory, which will allow them to see the chakra quite clearly, even being able to distinguish between different people. In addition, as pointed out by Karin chakra seems to have a reliance upon the user's own emotions. For example, when Sasuke was angry and upset, Karin described his chakra as 'Dark' and 'Intense'.

Now as I've said before, our spiritual energy is dependant upon our own imagination and knowledge. While the Physical energy, depends strongly on our bodies' phsycial condition. So in order to use Ninjutsu, these energies must be in perfect balance. The user uses the Spiritual Energy to think and envision what he wants to do, and then use his Physical energy to give it shape and actually make it happen. By using handseals as a medium, we are able to then perform feats which are normally extremely difficult to do or even impossible, such as walking up a wall. This is called Ninjutsu. Now, Ninjutsu stems from Ninshu, which was what the sage wanted to use in order to bring people together, connecting them. Instead, it was used to bridge the physical and spiritual energies, and weaponised by people who became known as Ninja or Shinobi.

There are two ways to mold chakra in order to perform Ninjutsu techniques. Shape Manipulation, which manipulates the form of raw chakra in order to aid us in battle, and to accomplish basic things. This can also be applied to objects, through the principle of chakra flow. That is enhancing the properties of ninja tools, and weapons by infusing them with our own chakra. For example, Asuma Sarutobi uses this in order to enhance the properties of his knuckle knives. By infusing them with chakra their reach, cutting power, and durability are all increased. The other way of molding chakra, is nature manipulation which acts to change the actual properties of chakra itself through various means. For example, by causing your chakra to vibrate at high frequencies, you create Raiton chakra which has various numbing and paralsying properties. One can even mold two elemental natures at the same time to create a new elemental nature with some of the properties of both elements, an example would be lava release which is a combination of earth and fire.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards

Chakra is the combination of spiritual and physical energy which exists in our bodies. This physical energy exists within every single cell of the body, and can be honed through general exercise. The physical energy, is like the yang. The life giving physical energy that is required for life, the first side of the coin so to speak. On the other side, is the Spiritual energy that comes from within. This energy, like the Yin, is dependant on the user's own imagination. Thus, it can be honed through study, and meditation. All living things contain chakra, although Shinobi can manipulate it and have weaponised it. This chakra constantly flows through the body, through the chakra circulatory system. This chakra circulatory system is, to a certain extent, connected to our own vital organs. This was shown when Neji Hyuuga attacked chakra points near the heart, yet did a lot of damage to the heart itself. It's somewhat based on the circulation of blood in real life.

Chakra itself is rarely seen, although when performing extremely powerful condensed jutsu (like Raikiri), charka can be seen to an extent with the naked eye. In most other situations however, it requires someone to have a sensory, which will allow them to see the chakra quite clearly, even being able to distinguish between different people. In addition, as pointed out by Karin chakra seems to have a reliance upon the user's own emotions. For example, when Sasuke was angry and upset, Karin described his chakra as 'Dark' and 'Intense'.

Now as I've said before, our spiritual energy is dependant upon our own imagination and knowledge. While the Physical energy, depends strongly on our bodies' phsycial condition. So in order to use Ninjutsu, these energies must be in perfect balance. The user uses the Spiritual Energy to think and envision what he wants to do, and then use his Physical energy to give it shape and actually make it happen. By using handseals as a medium, we are able to then perform feats which are normally extremely difficult to do or even impossible, such as walking up a wall. This is called Ninjutsu. Now, Ninjutsu stems from Ninshu, which was what the sage wanted to use in order to bring people together, connecting them. Instead, it was used to bridge the physical and spiritual energies, and weaponised by people who became known as Ninja or Shinobi.

There are two ways to mold chakra in order to perform Ninjutsu techniques. Shape Manipulation, which manipulates the form of raw chakra in order to aid us in battle, and to accomplish basic things. This can also be applied to objects, through the principle of chakra flow. That is enhancing the properties of ninja tools, and weapons by infusing them with our own chakra. For example, Asuma Sarutobi uses this in order to enhance the properties of his knuckle knives. By infusing them with chakra their reach, cutting power, and durability are all increased. The other way of molding chakra, is nature manipulation which acts to change the actual properties of chakra itself through various means. For example, by causing your chakra to vibrate at high frequencies, you create Raiton chakra which has various numbing and paralsying properties. One can even mold two elemental natures at the same time to create a new elemental nature with some of the properties of both elements, an example would be lava release which is a combination of earth and fire.
Excellent. So, could you explain to me your basic view of fuuinjutsu and how it works and I'll assist if needed.

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Alright, I don't know much about Fuuin, but here goes something. >_<

Fuuinjutsu revolves around the sealing of objects inside of other objects. Almost anything can be sealed, people, ninja tools, etc, into something else. For example a popular application of Fuuin is to pre store ninja weapons, so that way they won't have to be carried around in battle. Fuuin can also be used to unseal already sealed materials as well. Minato in the sixth movie used a sequence of handseals to release a sealed scroll I believe. The biggest users of Fuuinjutsu in the series, are Minato (who sealed a Tailed Beast within an infant, and created the Reaper Death seal), The Uzumaki Clan (who were killed because of their Fuuinjutsu), and Kushina (who was able to user her chakra chains to help bind the 9 Tails).

That's really all I know about Fuuin for now o.o.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Alright, I don't know much about Fuuin, but here goes something. >_<

Fuuinjutsu revolves around the sealing of objects inside of other objects. Almost anything can be sealed, people, ninja tools, etc, into something else. For example a popular application of Fuuin is to pre store ninja weapons, so that way they won't have to be carried around in battle. Fuuin can also be used to unseal already sealed materials as well. Minato in the sixth movie used a sequence of handseals to release a sealed scroll I believe. The biggest users of Fuuinjutsu in the series, are Minato (who sealed a Tailed Beast within an infant, and created the Reaper Death seal), The Uzumaki Clan (who were killed because of their Fuuinjutsu), and Kushina (who was able to user her chakra chains to help bind the 9 Tails).

That's really all I know about Fuuin for now o.o.
It's alright, you've got the basics. Basically, fuuin uses chakra to store objects into a medium.

±± Fuuinjutsu or Sealing Arts ±±

Fuuinjutsu or Sealing Arts, are a type of Jutsu that seals chakra, living beings, objects, energy, etc whithin another object through the use of kanji codes/spells.

Fuuinjutsu may vary greatly but most obey the same basic principle: You need a medium (living or not) in which was prepared the Kanji Codes/Inscriptions of the seal. You need to expend chakra to activate the seal and chakra to sustain it for a given amount of time. To release it, you must once again expend chakra to unlock the seal, while still needing the correct "key". The "key" is a variation of the technique only known to those who create it, thus disabling the probability of the seal being released by someone else; it can be a given set of handseals or even a DNA imprint (through a blood contract). However, even if most seals may work in this simple fashion, some more advanced seals work in many other ways. Even if you take into account that all seals must be triggered/fueled by chakra, they must all have a medium in which to seal away the target.

Because seals are fueled by chakra, they become weakened through time, as the chakra that was expended to create and maintain it, becomes consumed. Because of this, when sealing something in a living being, the seal is generally made to use the chakra from the being to sustain itself, delaying the eventual weakening.

Questions?

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I see, you explained it very well. No further questions at the moment.
Alright then, now let's start with the simple and easy stuff.

(Kekkai: Tengai Hojin) - Barrier: Dome Method Formation
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short- Mid
Chakra cost: 20 (- 10 per turn to keep active)
Damage points: N/A
Description: After clapping ones hands, this technique creates a spherical detection barrier above ground with the user at the center. At the user's command, the detection barrier can expand, grasping everything in the battle field. The user is able to detect anything that moves inside the barrier space with his or her own "sense".

To execute the technique all you have to do is clap your hands while molding chakra and then shape manipulate it into a barrier around yourself. Using your chakra, you can sense everything that passes through the barrier. It has a cost to keep it active but I believe that it doesn't prevent you from performing other techniques while this is active, because it's a "once activated" type of techniques. It says everything in the battlefield but I'm not too sure about that since its range is only short to mid, so I think it's safe to assume that it spans mid range in each direction, making it long range in diameter. Unfortunately, if something was long range from you, it would be encompassed with this technique. I hope that makes sense. o-o

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Ha I see what you did there lol.
"I hope that makes sense."

Anyways yeah, pretty much just a barrier that's slighgtly transluscent yet colorless. 20 meters in diameter yeah, simple enough. Made a quick drawing on my phone, I think that's what you meant.

Not sure if you want me to perform it, but I will just to be in the safe side o-o.

I concentrate my chakra all around me and mold it into a spherical barrier which materializes into a sort of 'bubble' all around me, and slowly expands outwards in all directions. Soon, I have a 20 diameter sphere of chakra around me which allows me to sense everything around it because of my chakra.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ha I see what you did there lol.
"I hope that makes sense."

Anyways yeah, pretty much just a barrier that's slighgtly transluscent yet colorless. 20 meters in diameter yeah, simple enough. Made a quick drawing on my phone, I think that's what you meant.

Not sure if you want me to perform it, but I will just to be in the safe side o-o.

I concentrate my chakra all around me and mold it into a spherical barrier which materializes into a sort of 'bubble' all around me, and slowly expands outwards in all directions. Soon, I have a 20 diameter sphere of chakra around me which allows me to sense everything around it because of my chakra.
Ay, sounds about right. Nice painting skills. Yes, I would like to see you perform it and discuss it for a bit. I don't like the type of training where you fill in some stupid templates and then afterwards forget about it. What I like is when the student puts his mind to the training and engages it actively. The best way for that, imo, is making the training into a discussion. And believe it or not, sometimes even I learn something from it. :)

So, to start of, I'd like to hear your general opinion about the technique, advantages, disadvantages, usages and ways to defend against it, or how you would react in general, if it was used in a situation against you. Basically, share your thoughts and I'll pitch in. Of course, I encourage asking questions about anything that you doubt because it puts me to work as well and keeps me engaged. :)

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Okey Dokey.

I did have one question though. I seem to remember that this jutsu was in the ninjutsu section (might be wrong here), and then was later moved to the Fuuin list. And according to your explanation of Fuuin, to be considered a Fuuin the jutsu has seal something, be it energy, or chakra, or whatever. And well, this jutsu doesen't seal anything o-o. It just creates a sensing barrier with the user at the center.

That being said, I do love the technique. It's simple to perform, requiring you to simply clap your hands together and it is self sustaining. It lasts for three turns, but it can easily be used a second time, or even a third time if you so desire. It has some limitations though. It only reaches up to mid range, which makes it less useful overall. In addition, according to this sentence:

After clapping ones hands, this technique creates a spherical detection barrier above ground
If there are any opponents or enemies below the ground, then they won't be detected by the barrier. So to avoid the barrier, the opponent could simply use HLAM, Underground Fish Projection, Or Leech all Creation. Another possible limitation, is that it only senses moving objects, so a pre prepared paperbomb would not be sensed, or similar traps. Overall, I'd probably use this jutsu just to confirm that the opponent isn't anywhere around me.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Okey Dokey.

I did have one question though. I seem to remember that this jutsu was in the ninjutsu section (might be wrong here), and then was later moved to the Fuuin list. And according to your explanation of Fuuin, to be considered a Fuuin the jutsu has seal something, be it energy, or chakra, or whatever. And well, this jutsu doesen't seal anything o-o. It just creates a sensing barrier with the user at the center.

That being said, I do love the technique. It's simple to perform, requiring you to simply clap your hands together and it is self sustaining. It lasts for three turns, but it can easily be used a second time, or even a third time if you so desire. It has some limitations though. It only reaches up to mid range, which makes it less useful overall. In addition, according to this sentence:

If there are any opponents or enemies below the ground, then they won't be detected by the barrier. So to avoid the barrier, the opponent could simply use HLAM, Underground Fish Projection, Or Leech all Creation. Another possible limitation, is that it only senses moving objects, so a pre prepared paperbomb would not be sensed, or similar traps. Overall, I'd probably use this jutsu just to confirm that the opponent isn't anywhere around me.
Good point. I remember that. Let's take a look then and try to find out why this happened. So, from the description it's clearly a dome that expands around the field and serves as a detection barrier. So, what do we know about fuuin? It needs chakra to be channeled into something so that you can seal something else into it. So, what do we seal here and what is the medium? I'm pretty sure that the medium here is the shield itself. You use your chakra to create it and then you "seal" your chakra into it, so that it acts as a detective barrier. Why? Because the description says that you can detect anything that passes through it, and that can only be achievable by something passing through your own chakra, in this case.

There's another view as well. You expand the barrier as a seal itself, and it seals you within it, kinda confining you in the dome. Although it's not a physical restraint it has the symbolic and purpose of whatever is outside to keep it that way and to alert you if that changes.

Yes, I agree. It's a bummer that it only works above the ground, but for what it offers, I think it's a fair bargain and really useful. I mean, fuuin techniques aren't used that much in battle, but for when the situation calls, they can truly be helpful.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Ahh cool, so it sort of 'seals' you within although it's more symbolic. Ok, no more questions on this jutsu :).
(Kekkai Houjin) - Barrier Method Battle Array
Type: Attack
Range: Short
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: 40
Description: Kekkai Houjin is a high-level Fuuinjutsu trap technique. An array of explosive markers is jointly placed around the boundary of an area. If any opponent walks through the boundary, the seals will activate and explode.

This one is just as simple as described. You place explosive markers around a specific are and then anything that walks through the imaginary boundary triggers the seals, making them explode.

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Oh pretty cool! Almost like a land mine, it says short range, so I'll assume that the total area of the square would be around five meters. Personally, I'd use this jutsu if I wanted to avoid a close combat altercation with the opponent. Taunt him or something then wait until he rushes towards you, and throw 4 kunai with the explosive tags to form a square with the opponent in the center, and then to cause it to detonate. Or, you could pre make the seal and wait till someone steps into it, although the chances of that happening are fairly low.

Overall, fairly simple although I honestly can't see myself using this that often o-o. It's really very straight forwards, so I don't have any questions on it.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Oh pretty cool! Almost like a land mine, it says short range, so I'll assume that the total area of the square would be around five meters. Personally, I'd use this jutsu if I wanted to avoid a close combat altercation with the opponent. Taunt him or something then wait until he rushes towards you, and throw 4 kunai with the explosive tags to form a square with the opponent in the center, and then to cause it to detonate. Or, you could pre make the seal and wait till someone steps into it, although the chances of that happening are fairly low.

Overall, fairly simple although I honestly can't see myself using this that often o-o. It's really very straight forwards, so I don't have any questions on it.
Or you could use genjutsu! :D

(Kekkai Kireme no Jutsu) - Barrier Shatter Technique
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra cost: 20
Damage points: N/A
Description: The user will insert their chakra into a active barrier to then interfere with the source and cancel the barrier shattering its shell.
Note: Must make direct contact and only works with up to B rank barriers.

Short description, short explanation. Basically, a technique to release barriers up to B rank. Imagine that you create a barrier with your chakra and "code" it so that it requires a specific arrangement of chakra to be released. Well, this technique does it. You place your hand onto the barrier and you use your chakra as the key.

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Fairly simple again.
I concentrate chakra, and form a simple C rank fuuin barrier which requires a specific chakra sequence in order to disrupt it, with myself in the epicenter. I walk over to the edge of the barrier, and concentrate chakra into my hand, making sure it's the specific sequence required to disrupt it. I then place my hand on the barrier, and it shatters and collapses allowing me to pass through it.
I just have two questions for this one:
The range of the jutsu states short-mid range, so do you need to touch the barrier to disrupt it? Also, I was wondering if this would work on sealing tags, or sealing formulas.

McRazor

Legendary
Kin
2,568💸
Kumi
4,572💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Fairly simple again.
I concentrate chakra, and form a simple C rank fuuin barrier which requires a specific chakra sequence in order to disrupt it, with myself in the epicenter. I walk over to the edge of the barrier, and concentrate chakra into my hand, making sure it's the specific sequence required to disrupt it. I then place my hand on the barrier, and it shatters and collapses allowing me to pass through it.
I just have two questions for this one:
The range of the jutsu states short-mid range, so do you need to touch the barrier to disrupt it? Also, I was wondering if this would work on sealing tags, or sealing formulas.
Note: Must make direct contact and only works with up to B rank barriers.

Yes, you need to touch it. I'm not too sure about the short-mid range and what it should represent. Either way, you need to touch it because it explicitly says so. Unfortunately, it's only for barriers and as such it wouldn't work on seals and tags.