veggetta13

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
People, what's the purpose of that old hag and potato sack called the elders??
Besides Danzou, what do those guys are supposed to do? It doesn't seem that they either think much or have any fighting abilities at all

am I missing a shonen jump to read?
:)

Aotsuki Katsumi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They´re generally advisors of the Hokage but they don´t have any complete power over Konoha.Their fighting abilities just haven´t been seen yet but they´re at least Jounin rank both of them.

JR4040

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Besides Danzou, what do those guys are supposed to do? It doesn't seem that they either think much or have any fighting abilities at all

yeah, there useless!:(

Gatsndshanks

Legendary
Kin
10💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
i love how just cause they don't fight, they're labeled as 'useless'
They were former ninja and supposedly strong ones at that but their years caught up to them... Of course they aren't going to go off and do missions on a regular basis >_>
They're advisors for the Hokage and they have the role to choose whom becomes the next leader as it isn't a democratic nation, their roles are important yet not worth much in the manga context

leafeater

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

1.) They mainly act to question the Hokage's decisions and suggest variant solutions. As being elderly, they do have extensive knowledge and probably some contacts in other villages. I believe they were both in Sarutobi's squad under the 2nd Hokage (so pretty aged). However, they really don't seem useful and too old fashioned in thinking (very Machiavelian). They never want Naruto as the Kyuubi jinchuuriki to leave the village, Uchiha massacre, involvement with Danzou, trading Neji's father for sacrifice, etc. They conceded to Tsunade after she physically assaulted them in the Nagato invasion arc. People are trying to move the ninja world forward, but they're holding it back.

2.) I think they need to be replaced by Shikaku and someone else. However the pickings are scarse due to people dying. The manga is heavily centered around the next generation, which is basically the Konoha 11's parents. It was Shikaku and some others like Ino's dad who were in command during the fight between Nagato and Naruto.

3.) I bet they can fight, but nowhere near the level of Danzou or Chiyo. Maybe regular jounin level with depleted chakra, but I bet they're clever like little rats.

4.) I say pull a Jurassic Park, and chain them up outside the Akatsuki base bushes for Sasuke to come and eat them like the T- Rex. It solves tons of problems. We'd get rid of the elders, see Sasuke's EMS, and everyone gets a good laugh in. O.O

Reactions: veggetta13

DatNinJa

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well we have seen once what elders are capable of when elder of Sand went to rescue Gara. So i think in streght they are all about the same, just their abilities and jutsus differs. And in infuelnce sphere i think they can do a lot becouse they have right to pick next hokage, i'm just not sure why they are allowed to do so much decisions effecting leaf so greatly.

So generally they are not useless, they are just too old to fight so they do all the politics of leaf.

Last edited:

SKTupac

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I dunno, If I was hokage, I would give them to Sasuke with my own will. Though i dont like Sasuke, but i don't like the elders even more, so they can die anytime anywhere :y

leafeater

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
THEM BEING ELDERS DOSENT MEAN THEY CANT FIGHT LOOK AT LADY CHIO OF THE sand she was gangsta and a elder
well we have seen once what elders are capable of when elder of Sand went to rescue Gara. So i think in streght they are all about the same, just their abilities and jutsus differs. And in infuelnce sphere i think they can do a lot becouse they have right to pick next hokage, i'm just not sure why they are allowed to do so much decisions effecting leaf so greatly.

So generally they are not useless, they are just too old to fight so they do all the politics of leaf.
Elder Chiyo was in charge of the entire puppet division in her prime and developed that reanimation jutsu, whereas all we've seen out of the elders was a brief glimpse of them in a Danzou flashback. Sasori would've destroyed Chiyo if Sakura wasn't there and ended up killing her anyway.

I think that Sarutobi and Danzou were the studs of that group, and the current elders were nothing special. Granted, I know very little about them to say you're wrong as they could actually be decent.

Regarding the Hokage selection process, it doesn't seem like they're terribly involved. They didn't choose Jiriaya, Sarutobi did, and they were just carrying out his will. Shikaku nominated Kakashi for Hokage, but to be fair, who knows where the elders were after the destruction.

They're a necessary counter-point to the Hokage, but these particular elders aren't very useful with this Hokage, Lady Tsunade.

Rxyninja

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
1.) They mainly act to question the Hokage's decisions and suggest variant solutions. As being elderly, they do have extensive knowledge and probably some contacts in other villages. I believe they were both in Sarutobi's squad under the 2nd Hokage (so pretty aged). However, they really don't seem useful and too old fashioned in thinking (very Machiavelian). They never want Naruto as the Kyuubi jinchuuriki to leave the village, Uchiha massacre, involvement with Danzou, trading Neji's father for sacrifice, etc. They conceded to Tsunade after she physically assaulted them in the Nagato invasion arc. People are trying to move the ninja world forward, but they're holding it back.

2.) I think they need to be replaced by Shikaku and someone else. However the pickings are scarse due to people dying. The manga is heavily centered around the next generation, which is basically the Konoha 11's parents. It was Shikaku and some others like Ino's dad who were in command during the fight between Nagato and Naruto.

3.) I bet they can fight, but nowhere near the level of Danzou or Chiyo. Maybe regular jounin level with depleted chakra, but I bet they're clever like little rats.

4.) I say pull a Jurassic Park, and chain them up outside the Akatsuki base bushes for Sasuke to come and eat them like the T- Rex. It solves tons of problems. We'd get rid of the elders, see Sasuke's EMS, and everyone gets a good laugh in. O.O
dude, you have the best ideas ever.

Rxyninja

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

though this may be true...

I dunno, If I was hokage, I would give them to Sasuke with my own will. Though i dont like Sasuke, but i don't like the elders even more, so they can die anytime anywhere :y
i have to agree with this guy.

They're like the grandparents of Konahagakure. :|
you misspelled it, though i have to agree.

Perkele311

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I would say.. Go ahead and hand them over to Sasuke.. They do seem to be completely useless. I haven't seen anything good come from them.. Maybe Sasuke would become sane again after killing them all.

Aotsuki Katsumi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I like the way you think there with Sasuke playing T-rex with his EMS:cool: