chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Excuses excuses. Hop of the filler bandwagon kiddo. He wasn't in the canon version of the Movie, nor in the Manga. This fodder is a filler character.
I'd say that the anime is more canon than the movie at this point. That movie is outdated. It is like this:

Boruto movie = DBZ Battle of Gods
Boruto manga = DBS manga
Boruto anime = DBS anime

The relevance of canon and filler has already been destroyed with the Boruto series (just like with DBS). This is because the movie is meant to be disregarded in favor of the rehashes done​ by the anime and manga (just like how BOG is meant to be disregarded in favor of the retellings​ of the DBS arcs). As for the manga vs anime consistency, that shouldn't really be taken into account either. The anime and manga run on slightly different continuities (just like how DBS manga and DBS anime do things slightly differently from each other, but still arrive at the same point). There is no filler or canon. Both the anime and the manga at this point are equally canon.

The only filler in the anime is the stuff that is obviously filler like the byakuga gang arc or Sarada delivering a stuffed bear.

Mori Jin

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I'd say that the anime is more canon than the movie at this point. That movie is outdated. It is like this:

Boruto movie = DBZ Battle of Gods
Boruto manga = DBS manga
Boruto anime = DBS anime

The relevance of canon and filler has already been destroyed with the Boruto series (just like with DBS). This is because the movie is meant to be disregarded in favor of the rehashes done​ by the anime and manga (just like how BOG is meant to be disregarded in favor of the retellings​ of the DBS arcs). As for the manga vs anime consistency, that shouldn't really be taken into account either. The anime and manga run on slightly different continuities (just like how DBS manga and DBS anime do things slightly differently from each other, but still arrive at the same point). There is no filler or canon. Both the anime and the manga at this point are equally canon.

The only filler in the anime is the stuff that is obviously filler like the byakuga gang arc or Sarada delivering a stuffed bear.
No It hasn't. Db super is not Boruto or the Naruto franchise. This new villain was not in the movie or manga hence him being a filler character.

neosmith500

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Is it confirmed though? Because i remember cases like these in OP and Ed's which create hype but never happen. I was an anime only viewer as at the time i got to the Pain arc and i remember how disappointed i was when i didn't get a Hinata, Ino and Sakura vs Konan fight.
I remember this. That team-work tho
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

chaos control

Veteran
Kin
9💸
Kumi
3💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
No It hasn't. Db super is not Boruto or the Naruto franchise. This new villain was not in the movie or manga hence him being a filler character.
In DBS manga, SSG Goku didn't drop out of SSG and fight Beerus as a normal SS. The fight just ended as soon as he dropped out of SSG. Meanwhile, in both the movie and the anime, Goku fought Beerus as a normal SS after dropping out of SSG. By your logic, does that make the manga filler, or does it make both the anime and the movie filler?

In the Future Trunks arc:
In the anime, Trunks went SS Rage and later Zamasu's soul came out and merged with the multiverse.
In the manga, Trunks did not go SS Rage (but he has Kaioshin apprentice healing powers that aren't present in the anime), and Zamasu's soul did not come out and merge with everything. Instead, Zamasu just split into thousands of Zamasus.
Both iterations resulted in Zeno coming and erasing the timeline.

Now which is canon and which is filler? Keep in mind that Toriyama just writes bullet points and gives them to Toei (anime people) and Toyotaro (manga writer), and then lets them do their own thing.

See what I'm saying? Boruto is clearly the same way.

Clearly the manga and the anime take different paths (just like with DBS). The movie is also clearly outdated and meant to be disregarded (considering that nothing regarding ghost Momoshiki and Boruto's seal happened in the movie. Also, Metal Lee's teammates were two random fodders instead of Denki/Iwabe. Sumire wasn't there, and the anime staff says that she/Denki will have some role. Etc...). All of this stuff clearly shows that the original Boruto: Naruto the Movie is outdated and meant to be disregarded in a similar manner to Battle of the Gods.

There is a fine line between filler and retcons/seperate continuities. In the case of Boruto anime, it is more so the latter (retcon/divergence in continuity) than the former (filler).

Filler = no impact on overall story (ie. Byakuga arc or Sarada delivering a bear)
Retcon/ Continuity divergence = major changes (ie. a whole new Otsutsuki, a curse seal that wasn't present in the movie, new teammates for certain characters, etc...)

Mori Jin

Elite
Kin
1💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
In DBS manga, SSG Goku didn't drop out of SSG and fight Beerus as a normal SS. The fight just ended as soon as he dropped out of SSG. Meanwhile, in both the movie and the anime, Goku fought Beerus as a normal SS after dropping out of SSG. By your logic, does that make the manga filler, or does it make both the anime and the movie filler?

In the Future Trunks arc:
In the anime, Trunks went SS Rage and later Zamasu's soul came out and merged with the multiverse.
In the manga, Trunks did not go SS Rage (but he has Kaioshin apprentice healing powers that aren't present in the anime), and Zamasu's soul did not come out and merge with everything. Instead, Zamasu just split into thousands of Zamasus.
Both iterations resulted in Zeno coming and erasing the timeline.

Now which is canon and which is filler? Keep in mind that Toriyama just writes bullet points and gives them to Toei (anime people) and Toyotaro (manga writer), and then lets them do their own thing.

See what I'm saying? Boruto is clearly the same way.

Clearly the manga and the anime take different paths (just like with DBS). The movie is also clearly outdated and meant to be disregarded (considering that nothing regarding ghost Momoshiki and Boruto's seal happened in the movie. Also, Metal Lee's teammates were two random fodders instead of Denki/Iwabe. Sumire wasn't there, and the anime staff says that she/Denki will have some role. Etc...). All of this stuff clearly shows that the original Boruto: Naruto the Movie is outdated and meant to be disregarded in a similar manner to Battle of the Gods.

There is a fine line between filler and retcons/seperate continuities. In the case of Boruto anime, it is more so the latter (retcon/divergence in continuity) than the former (filler).

Filler = no impact on overall story (ie. Byakuga arc or Sarada delivering a bear)
Retcon/ Continuity divergence = major changes (ie. a whole new Otsutsuki, a curse seal that wasn't present in the movie, new teammates for certain characters, etc...)
TL;DR. DB Super is not the Boruto Manga or Naruto franchise. If something ain't included in the canon material - in this case the Boruto movie and Manga- then it's filler. It is not hard to understand.

Ain't going to keep repeating myself, you can believe it or not.

123fire

Supreme
Kin
20💸
Kumi
-33💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
TL;DR. DB Super is not the Boruto Manga or Naruto franchise. If something ain't included in the canon material - in this case the Boruto movie and Manga- then it's filler. It is not hard to understand.

Ain't going to keep repeating myself, you can believe it or not.
Urashiki isn't filler whether u like it or not

DiamondxDust

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It's possible I'll regret saying this, but at least they are making it different than the movie. Having already seen the movie, it's better to me than seeing the exact same plot with worse animation.