GodaimeRaikage

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First off, I think the manga previous chapter aluded to Tsunade being a slug sage.I think Jiraiya being a Sage and Orochimaru being a Sage gives wieght to Tsunade being a sage.I believe that the Sannin titled isn't just a moniker giving to the three by Hanzo but also a titled uses by others to separate them from just being skilled shinobis but shinobi that have reach a plateau few others have reach, Sagehood.I'm not only basing my theory off of Tsunade being among Sages, but also the fact that her Slugs comes from one of the three places famous for Sages.Jiraiya toads and Orochimaru's snakes both coming from the other two places.

Now one thing that is being used against Tsunade's sagehood is that if she is a sage, why didn't she use her sage powers in the battle against Madara.I have a simple and logical explanation for that, how would she heal the other kages if she did? When a Sage enters Sage Mode, the sage's own chakra is mixed with the senjutsu chakra.If Tsunade had of enter Sage Mode that would have meant she could no longer heal the kages because as we saw when Nagato had Preta Path absorb Naruto's chakra when Naruto was in Sage Mode, too much sage chakra would turn a shinobi into stone frog;in the case of Tsunade, a stone slug.Now i know absorption isn't what Tsunade is doing when she heals the kages, but when a medical nin heals an ally they are channeling their chakra into said ally.Tsunade was constantly healing the kages and which would have meant death for them if she was in Sage Mode.Now that the five kages are going to the battlefield I see Tsunade entering Sage Mode because she no longer has to heal anyone thanks to Sakura awakening of the White Strength Seal.Sakura can do all the healing now while Tsunade can just go all out during the battle.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bantos

Honord Sage

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The 3 known Sage Mode Model we have are Toad,Dragon and the First Hokage Mode they all use Natural Energy and they all have to be balance just right to work and not overcome the user. In Toad Sage balance it wrong and you turn into a statue, but the over all team is if you do not balance it right you die. Death is the key word.

Arugon

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That was a well thoughout and explained response.
^^^^^ LOLOLOL
OT: Healing ninjutsu does not send one's Chakra into the other person. The aura created by the ninja medic simply accelerates the healing process. This is why it can't save a person from incurable diseases or fatal injuries.
Also she could simply summon Katsuya to heal the Kages.
I highly doubt that she has Sage Mode.

DeadManWonderLand

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First off there is no sage mode
Secondly your so called theory means that her sage mode would have no healing techs

Then what would her sage mode be ? (,not that anything tops creation rebirth in the first place.)

The slugs most prominent trait is already a technique that tsuande can do on her own called the strength of a hundred men.

Just because she is a sanin doesn't mean she will have sage mode

Punk Hazard

Immortal
Kin
1,664💸
Kumi
11,569💴
Trait Points
50⚔️
The last chapter didn't make any real allusions to Tsunade having Sage Mode.
We already know the meaning of Sannin. It's just a title given to those three from Hanzo that is recognized around the world. It's impossible for them to be Sannin because of Sage Mode because Oro didn't start trying to learn Sage Mode until he left Konoha and he wasn't a complete Sage.

Baka Sennin

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
well, the sannin were imperfect sages. orochimaru didn't show too much of his sage mode as well. maybe tsunade has the drawback of taking too long to enter sm, like jiraiya. byakugou is very strong and immediately activated so it would be a preferred weapon. if she has the time to enter sage mode while gaara is carrying her to the battlefield she might.

GodaimeRaikage

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
^^^^^ LOLOLOL
OT: Healing ninjutsu does not send one's Chakra into the other person. The aura created by the ninja medic simply accelerates the healing process. This is why it can't save a person from incurable diseases or fatal injuries.
Also she could simply summon Katsuya to heal the Kages.
I highly doubt that she has Sage Mode.
Healing ninjutsu doesn't send chakra into the other person.
When a medical nin uses Mystical Palm Technique what is that green glow around their hands, turtle slime?And if the medcial nin's chakra isn't entering the body of the patient, how are they being healed?As for summoning Katsuya to heal the Kages...
You must be registered for see images

I thought this was pretty clear, Katsuya healing is abilities is base off of Tsunade powers.Meaning, Tsunade is using her healing abilities and channeling through Katsuya.This was previously shown during the Pain Invasion Arc when Tsunade release all heer chakra to save the citizen of the leaf.Which also proved that chakra from a medical nin does enter the body of the patient that is being healed.

First off there is no sage mode
Secondly your so called theory means that her sage mode would have no healing techs

Then what would her sage mode be ? (,not that anything tops creation rebirth in the first place.)

The slugs most prominent trait is already a technique that tsuande can do on her own called the strength of a hundred men.

Just because she is a sanin doesn't mean she will have sage mode
Your respond complete lack of intelligences is saddening.Did you even read my original post?My post didn't aluding to her Sage Mode having or not having healing abilities.Senjutsu chakra enhances one own jutsus, it has never been stated to have it owns separate jutsus not that has anything to do with my point.Even if her sage mode came with healing techs, those techs would be only useful to Tsunade not the other kages.Like I said, when a medical nin heals an ally their chakra enters the body of said ally.If the Sages chakra is mixed with senjutsu chakra, which we know for a fact is what happens when you enter Sage Mode, then Tsunade would be placing Sage chakra into the kages everytime she heal one of them;running the risk of turning them into stone slugs.What do you not understand about that statement?

Furthermore where in the manga did it state that Strength of a hundred is a slug technique or trait? The answer is no where;Strength of a Hundred is a technique derived from creation rebirth which we know Tsunade created through storing up her own chakra behind her forehead which created her seal.Not once has it ever been mention in the manga that Slugs had anything to do with Creation Rebirth or Strength of a Hundred.If you are going to try to discredit or argue against my theory, try using facts and educated assumption base on the manga and not your own perceived thoughts that have no basis.

Oro doesn't have SM because his body was too weak for it. Your thread stopped right there.
Actually it didn't.Orochimaru did find the place known for the Dragon Sage mode.Orochimaru not being able to complete the task of mastering Dragon Sage Mode doesn't really add anything or subtract anything from my theory.Tsunade's slug being from the the one of the places known for sage mode and the reason why she couldn't used it during the madara battle is the focal point s of my thread.Also, it wasn't if Orochimaru couldn't master Dragon Sage Mode, as stated by Kabuto Orochimaru just couldn't find a strong enough body.Also, Kabuto last words in that chapter can be concluded as Orochimaru did become aDragon Sage, just not a perfect one.As Kabuto stated' Orochimaru couldn't become a true sage like me".The key words being true.He didn't sage Orochimaru didn't become a Sage, he said Orochimaru didn't become a true Sage.

Last edited:

grizzlyshree

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First off, I think the manga previous chapter aluded to Tsunade being a slug sage.I think Jiraiya being a Sage and Orochimaru being a Sage gives wieght to Tsunade being a sage.I believe that the Sannin titled isn't just a moniker giving to the three by Hanzo but also a titled uses by others to separate them from just being skilled shinobis but shinobi that have reach a plateau few others have reach, Sagehood.I'm not only basing my theory off of Tsunade being among Sages, but also the fact that her Slugs comes from one of the three places famous for Sages.Jiraiya toads and Orochimaru's snakes both coming from the other two places.

Now one thing that is being used against Tsunade's sagehood is that if she is a sage, why didn't she use her sage powers in the battle against Madara.I have a simple and logical explanation for that, how would she heal the other kages if she did? When a Sage enters Sage Mode, the sage's own chakra is mixed with the senjutsu chakra.If Tsunade had of enter Sage Mode that would have meant she could no longer heal the kages because as we saw when Nagato had Preta Path absorb Naruto's chakra when Naruto was in Sage Mode, too much sage chakra would turn a shinobi into stone frog;in the case of Tsunade, a stone slug.Now i know absorption isn't what Tsunade is doing when she heals the kages, but when a medical nin heals an ally they are channeling their chakra into said ally.Tsunade was constantly healing the kages and which would have meant death for them if she was in Sage Mode.Now that the five kages are going to the battlefield I see Tsunade entering Sage Mode because she no longer has to heal anyone thanks to Sakura awakening of the White Strength Seal.Sakura can do all the healing now while Tsunade can just go all out during the battle.
if she would ahve sage mode why cant she use it against PS?

from what u have said it seems that Tsunade knows that she will lose and hence did not go SM.another thing is,ut us the users wish to fight in sage mode at a given time.why cant she fight madara in her sage mode along with the other kages and if she has to give them the chakra then she can revert ot normal mode.

Draphsin

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its definitely possible that hashirama passed on the slug sage skill & the location of the shikkotsu forest to his offspring who then told tsunade about it.

GodaimeRaikage

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
if she would ahve sage mode why cant she use it against PS?

from what u have said it seems that Tsunade knows that she will lose and hence did not go SM.another thing is,ut us the users wish to fight in sage mode at a given time.why cant she fight madara in her sage mode along with the other kages and if she has to give them the chakra then she can revert ot normal mode.
Not joking, I really can't understand what you are trying to say.I don't get how I made any statement that would give you the idea that Tsunade knew she would lose.And enter and exiting Sage Mode isn't some simple task.I have yet to she a Sage exits Sage Mode willingly, which I would assume it would take a lot of time for the Sage chakra to exit a Sage's body.

TheEvilOne

Legendary
Kin
7💸
Kumi
2,500💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its almost 100% that she is the slug sage. Why? Because Kishi hinted Hokage level >> Kage level. Tsunade is strong, but still not as strong as most of the Kages in history. With the SSM she will be a top tier character. ( top 10- 15 )

grizzlyshree

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Not joking, I really can't understand what you are trying to say.I don't get how I made any statement that would give you the idea that Tsunade knew she would lose.And enter and exiting Sage Mode isn't some simple task.I have yet to she a Sage exits Sage Mode willingly, which I would assume it would take a lot of time for the Sage chakra to exit a Sage's body.
if a sage cannot exit a age mode willingly then why she would go sage mode? a sage can exit sage mode upon his/her wish.