Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I kind of agree, tbh.

By feats they are better than Tsunade and Orochimaru (Although Orochimaru has a good chance to beat them thanks to his insane durabilty.)

Jiraiya is on their level or maybe a tiny bit stronger thanks to sage mode.

But yes, they should be comparable in power.

Good thread.

You must be registered for see images

Itachi Namikaze

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like how I explained how the gates work and why they are overrated with facts provided from the manga, and the only thing a member can do is regurgitate the quote "powers greater than a kage" and say he disagrees. Well I would like you to explain to me how the gates somehow make Guy better than Onoki, or Hashirama, when they almost never use taijutsu and have devastating ninjutsu attacks.

Does Guy somehow get insane ninjutsu? Does he somehow surpass dust release? Please explain to me how that quote makes any sense. I have explained how the gates work. The most you have done is throw fanboyism at me. I have proof behind my arguments, what do you have?

P.S. I didn't bother quoting you because your post was pretty much without worth. There may have been one line that was worth me responding to, but I doubt it.

Last edited:

Aiou

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I like how I explained how the gates work and why they are overrated with facts provided from the manga, and the only thing a member can do is regurgitate the quote "powers greater than a kage" and say he disagrees. Well I would like you to explain to me how the gates somehow make Guy better than Onoki, or Hashirama, when they almost never use taijutsu and have devastating ninjutsu attacks.

Does Guy somehow get insane ninjutsu? Does he somehow surpass dust release? Please explain to me how that quote makes any sense. I have explained how the gates work. The most you have done is throw fanboyism at me. I have proof behind my arguments, what do you have?

P.S. I didn't bother quoting you because your post was pretty much without worth. There may have been one line that was worth me responding to, but I doubt it.
Fun fact; you haven't proved anything. You read up on gates and wrote what you think they do and how you think they work. That is your "proof"? Wow..

So not only are my quotes 'retarded', I am now a fanboy? I'm done here :) You haven't proved anything, let alone proved me wrong, and now you're grasping for straws as you start your personal attacks. Just looking at the words you use, puts you beneath me and I can't really be arsed to spend more time on you :)

Good luck with your life and have fun 'proving' your way around the base. You'll need it! :)

Pein67

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ninjutsu didn't afftect Gai,his Tiger afternoon passed throw Kisame's best ninjutsu.According to the difference beetween 6th and 7th gates,if the difference of power beetween each gate are proportianal,We can conclude that the 8th gate is incredibly powerfull, just the 7th gate's aura cleared all the field arround ,even Yamato stated that the blast range explode outward instantly.

Easyfathom

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ninjutsu didn't afftect Gai,his Tiger afternoon passed throw Kisame's best ninjutsu.According to the difference beetween 6th and 7th gates,if the difference of power beetween each gate are proportianal,We can conclude that the 8th gate is incredibly powerfull, just the 7th gate's aura cleared all the field arround ,even Yamato stated that the blast range explode outward instantly.

haha ninjutsu doesn't work on him. He used a more powerful attack, and I think if Kisame knew that it wasn't ninjutsu he would of probably tried to avoid it. But since he didn't and because he used a jutsu that gets more powerful as it eats ninjutsu (as he thought it would work), he got beat.
You need to take a step back and look at things.

Last edited:

Pein67

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
haha ninjutsu doesn't work on him. He used a more powerful attack, and I think if Kisame knew that it wasn't a ninjutsu he would of probably tried to avoid it. But since he didn't and because he used a jutsu that gets more powerful as it eats ninjutsu, he got beat.
You need to take a step back and look at things.
It was kisame's most powerful attack so it doesn't change anything,Kisame doesn't have the speed to avoid.Databook give him 4.

i don't waste my time with speculations in bold,bring some fact.

Easyfathom

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
It was kisame's most powerful attack so it doesn't change anything,Kisame doesn't have the speed to avoid.Databook give him 4.

i don't waste my time with speculations in bold,bring some fact.
So you agree with me... I said that Gai's attack was more powerful, which is why he got beat. However I then went on to my personal opinion of what could of happened if he had knowledge on the attack. It wasn't speculations, it was my opinion. Pfft, bring something better then "Databook give him 4" haha xD

You're talking about facts, yet you have the audacity to say ninjutsu doesn't work on Gai :sy:

Edit: Re-read that post, sorry you said it "didn't work on Gai" and not that it doesn't. I hope I am mistaken as to say you meant he is somewhat immune to ninjutsu, because then I apologize.

Last edited:

Oronagato

Banned
Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
thanks for the notice :)

admit it.i won the debat.the manga doesn't support your speculations.
are you joking???????? You didn't even respond to a single argument i made, genius.

You lost this debate from where i see it, i would minus rep you for such a pathetic argument, but i'm tired of minus repping fools on this base like you.

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, how about this from Narutopedia wiki
"Itachi Uchiha has, on numerous occasions, warned others against underestimating Guy. Given that Itachi and his accomplices are extremely dangerous ninja, such a warning is an indicator that Guy is an excellent combatant. This is later reaffirmed when Kakashi Hatake trusts him to take on the Six-Tails alone during their battle with the resurrected jinchūriki."

Plus Gai relies almost solely on Taijutsu, which IMO shows just how amazing he actually is. plus he developed a way to counter sharingan users by focusing on their feet, too hilarious, who else can do that? lol

Easyfathom

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Ok, how about this from Narutopedia wiki
"Itachi Uchiha has, on numerous occasions, warned others against underestimating Guy. Given that Itachi and his accomplices are extremely dangerous ninja, such a warning is an indicator that Guy is an excellent combatant. This is later reaffirmed when Kakashi Hatake trusts him to take on the Six-Tails alone during their battle with the resurrected jinchūriki."

Plus Gai relies almost solely on Taijutsu, which IMO shows just how amazing he actually is. plus he developed a way to counter sharingan users by focusing on their feet, too hilarious, who else can do that? lol
Okay, so I am just going against the bold bit.
Because Rock Lee is amazing at Taijutsu, this makes him even more amazing as a shinobi because he relies solely on that? No. He isn't able to use ninjutsu so he trains only in taijutsu... See my point?

In my opinon taijutsu, genjutsu and ninjutsu are all equal, it's the user of the abilities or techniques that make the " "jutsu powerful. So maybe (I don't think so) but Gai is not so good a ninjutsu and best in taijusu, so he sticks the that.

Hope you get what I mean xD

serpiente clan

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
And were in the manga you see ninja we saiyan power i never see that in this manga , bo i see the inteliging of kakashi and the speed and taijutsu of gai bo power shhhhhh the oly ninja we that power is nagato.....

NLee

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Jiraiya is better suited for multiple opponents who have access to large summons (since he has his own) Kakashi is better suited to fight someone like Deidara for example.

You're not considering matchups.
Jiraiya is better suited for multiple opponents? That's a part of a shinobi's strength too. Being able to face off more than 1 or even 2 opponents and be able to observe, analyze, and counter attack on the fly despite being under incredible pressure. It demonstrates insight, knowledge, and outright shinobi prowess.

The emphasis isn't on the large summons. It's on the fact that Jiraiya was able to figure out the profound and utterly unprecedented powers of the Rinnegan - something that absolutely no one knew - and counter accordingly. Had Kakashi been in Jiraiya's position he would have died and I'm not just talking about Animal Path.

I like how you say "juts Deva and Asura path" Do I need to remind you they are BY FAR (especially Deva) the most powerful Pain bodies.
Each of them are just as devastating.

In fact, Kakashi being confronted by Asura and Deva was a more fortunate match up for him than say Preta or Animal Path.

You said it yourself, it's about match ups. For someone who relies mostly on ninjutsu, being up against Preta Path, for example, would be more dangerous than Deva or Asura. Likewise, against someone who relies on taijutsu, being up against Human Path would be lethal seeing as you can't physically attack someone who can rip out your soul upon contact.

My point: Saying Deva and Asura are the most powerful Pain bodies is a flawed statement. It depends on who they're up against. Kakashi was better off facing Deva and Asura than the other Paths.

The entire purpose of the Six Paths of Pain is that they are 6 bodies fighting in absolute unison. Each of them have different abilities that makes them all powerful as a whole. That's what I meant by "Just Deva and Asura Paths" - not that they are weak, but that he was fighting only 2 of 6 bodies while Jiraiya was able to successfully kill off 3

But what it does imply is

Kakashi was able to use the sharingan for a day and still use 2/3 raikiri in the battle (on panel) channel raiton through his sword) Remember he was fighting for a day (I'm not going to use off panel feats to say he used this and that, but when he and Gai saved Naruto (the main character)

Kakashi used a Raikiri
Raiden/Close

and still had enough chakra left to use Kamui despite fighting for the full day. That's insane and shows how far he has come. Even before this war, he has shown improvements.
He has come far. I never said he hasn't grow and become stronger.

But exactly how do you know that it was for an entire day? By saying "a day" you do know that you're implying that Kakashi fought for 24 hours straight, right? Unless there's a page that stated the battle took him that long, then it's nothing but a speculation. Unless I missed something, for all we know it could only have been for a few hours. No battles in the Naruto world take an entire day - ~24 hours. Even a brawl with the 7 Swordsman I doubt it'd be more than a good few hours.

As for Kakashi's Kamui, it doesn't mean he had that much chakra to do it. It's clear he would have died from chakra depletion had he used it:

It's a fact that forcing a technique to completion when you don't have enough chakra to sustain yourself afterwards will kill you. This is the logic behind the reason Kakashi first stated to Sasuke not to go for a third Chidori.

Kakashi could have used his Kamui, but he would have died.

Wrong, Kakashi and Gai DID turn the tide of the battle. If it wasn't for them Naruto was done for.
That's not my point.

What Gai and Kakashi did was come at the 11th hour and saved Naruto and Bee. This is not the same as saying they changed the entire tide of battle.

Even with Naruto, Bee, Gai and Kakashi, they were all being pushed back. Towards the later developments of that battle Gai and Kakashi even became near useless.

They might have been able to fight more but it would have been at the cost of their lives - Gai using his 8th Gate, and Kakashi using his Kamui:

Kakashi and Gai of course.

Have you seen how Orochimaru looks? The guy's a pedo who likes little boys like Sasuke.
So if you were in Naruto and Bee's position, you're saying, genuinely, that you would rather have Gai and Kakashi as reinforcements instead of Jiraiya and Orochimaru (obviously, assuming Orochimaru be on your side)

That's ridiculous man and you know it

Last edited:

Itachi Namikaze

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Fun fact; you haven't proved anything. You read up on gates and wrote what you think they do and how you think they work. That is your "proof"? Wow..

So not only are my quotes 'retarded', I am now a fanboy? I'm done here :) You haven't proved anything, let alone proved me wrong, and now you're grasping for straws as you start your personal attacks. Just looking at the words you use, puts you beneath me and I can't really be arsed to spend more time on you :)

Good luck with your life and have fun 'proving' your way around the base. You'll need it! :)
I wrote how I think they work? I wrote how they effing work!!! Kishi made these rules, he put them down in the manga, I didn't just make these up off the top of my head. You are the most insane person ever.

How am I grasping at straws? I have only put down hard facts from the manga and databook and you have come up with? A quote that quite literally has nothing but baseless claims that make no sense?

EDIT: I want everyone to read this manga page and the link to Narutopedia. I couldn't find the databook page (mostly because I am too lazy), but I know what it says because I have read it before, and Narutopedia also has access to it.

FROM NARUTOPEDIA
The Eight Gates are eight specific points on a person's Chakra Pathway System. They limit the overall flow of chakra within a person's body. The basis for the idea of the chakra gates comes from the body's limits on the functions within it. This makes the body much weaker, but it keeps the body from expiring too soon. By undergoing intense training, one can learn how to open these gates allowing the user to surpass their own physical limits at the cost of extreme damage to their own body.

The Gate of Opening (開門, Kaimon), located in the brain. This gate removes the restraints of the brain on the muscles so their strength can be used whereas normally, a person can only use 20% of their muscles' strength to keep them from disintegrating. Unlocking this gate allows the user to use the Front Lotus.
I only put the parts that pertained to exactly what I said. The gates are chakra points limiting a ninja's chakra. Ninjas use 20% of their chakra normally, and 10% for each gate opened.

Derp a derp. Next time you want to argue against someone you might want to do some fact checking. It might save you from getting publicly embarrassed by your complete lack of intelligence and refusal to acknowledge when you have been bested.

Face it, the gates are overrated. They are limited by the user's total chakra, chakra control (as better chakra control results in more speed and strength), and the user's speed and strength before opening the gates.

While Guy and Lee have some speed and strength before opening the gates, they can literally never compete with someone like the raikage, Jiraiya (in SM), Naruto, Bee, or Tsunade for strength.

It isn't my opinion it is just fact. Go on, try and argue with me now. I dare you. :scorps:

Last edited:

KaedaLimbu

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
They surpassed tsunade before the war even began they were holding their own against multiple v2 jins and beat the swordsman etc. I think it's kind of obvious.
Jiraiya is probably on their level but orochimaru got embarassed by a old man
and tsunade is just crap
I agree but gotta disagree wit one thing, tsunade isnt crap!!! she is the only Shinobi alive to break Uchiha Madara's Susanoo... get hit by a blow of tht much power, u will not only end up in hospital but will admitted to heaven's hospital.... so please dont underestimate her power...

psukkar

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Go read it.

What on earth are you talking about?

Baseless.

Obviously.

Saying he's suprassed/or on sannin level is not overrating him lmao

Itachi Uchiha took out Orochimari with BASE genjutsu. Oro's perfomance against old Sarutobi wasn't great.

His best feat was achieved against tailed Naruto.

Read the war arc. He's beein fighting in the for a day while using the sharingan and jutsu which require a hefty amound of chakra (Raiden/Raikiri etc) and still has enough chakra left to use Kamui. This isn't Part 1 Kakashi.

At least bring factual points to the table.

First of all, Kakashi has a decent amount of chakra/stamina in P2. If you payed attention to the manga you would know this.

Also, Jiraiya/tsunade and Orochimaru have WAY more chakra than Itachi.

Guess who Itachi beat with base genjutsu?

Orochimaru.

Not only has kahashi admitted jiraiya was better than him in part 1 and PART 2 dureing the pain ark its frigen obivous without needinf kahashi to tell us.

"going in blind" i meant that jiraiya didnt know anything about pains before he fought. He was fighting on the fly the whole time against 3 - 6 pains.

What did kahashi do? Struggle aagainst 2. Do we REALLY NEED say anything more about this?

This about kahahi vs jiraiya. and jiraiya wins.

This about orocihmaru vs kahashi and orocihmaru wins.

Gai is the wild card because kishi never mentioned statements about who he is inferior to directly like kahashi has made. And we dont know how power the gates are truely.

I willing to say with no doubt gai will have a better cvhance because we have nothging to say he would have worse chance than kahashi.

also itachi's stamina is better than kahashi based pruely on the techs hes used throughout his life. The orocihmaru case is unque he has a weakness to genjutsu due how orocihmaru tries to break genjutsu. Orocihmaru like other genjutsu users try to find flaws in the illusion created to snap out of it. But itachi is far bettter genjutsu user than orocihmaru.

compare this to soemthing like disrupting ur chkra like the hosts and jiraiya do doesnt mean you have to be good at using genjutsu to break it. This was orocihmaru downfall he should have went the chakra control route to deal with genjutsu. But this skill appears to very hard and few shinobi can use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.