Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
You must be registered for see images

"Toriko, Switch On!!"

Toriko Manga Chapter 342 Discussion and 343
Predictions

Discuss Toriko Manga 342 here and predict the next chapter, Toriko Manga 343

Please remember to rate this week's chapter!
1 is worst, 5 is best.

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I liked the fast pacing so far but it's getting out of control and especially this chapter shows it.
Disappointed about skipping the cooking battles and possibly the rest of the area 6 stuff...

Some nice dialogues though.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
I liked the fast pacing so far but it's getting out of control and especially this chapter shows it.
Disappointed about skipping the cooking battles and possibly the rest of the area 6 stuff...

Some nice dialogues though.
I won't jump on it saying it's rushed since he could easily show us a flashback of what happened. If you remember the Ichiryu vs Midora fight, he first showed meteor spice (indicating that Midora won) during chapter 245 and then later on gave us the entire fight with a flashback. For now, I would say just wait, if he doesn't give us the flashback then yes we can rant all we want.

OT: This chapter started off nicely by giving us more on what happened during the TS but it still never explained why Toriko didn't show any hatred towards Midora for killing Ichiryu. I'm pretty sure Midora is referring to Toriko's Blue/Red Oni anyways so I wonder how powerful he's going to become. Shima had this flashback planned from the start, if go back to chapter 264, you can see the nose-plugs but my only question; why did Shima decide to show this flashback so late?

The true guinness battle wolf looks nice. I wish Shima didn't hide it so much. :p Damn, so the battle wolf (second strongest) we saw before the timeskip was a capture level of 6090?!? O_O What's the capture level on the wolf king then? The narrations for this chapter was nice and we finally come to the final page that seems be worrying everyone because I know most people are going to complain...

Like I said to Soma, Shima did the same thing with the Midora vs Ichiryu fight, he first showed us the end result then showed us the entire fight + a flashback. I doubt Shima would honestly off-panel an ENTIRE arc and have the audacity to call this the ANOTHER arc. From this final page, we know that the human world cooks won their battles, Chiyo got to meet her son, Komatsu had helped that kid and the rest of 0th biotope members were saved. If anyone is curious why they all grew hair and look older, it could be because of this:

Don slime's final form looks cool and lol they wrapped ANOTHER as a gift? :p I did notice that not all of the 10 shell chefs are there, only three of them are present. 5/5 chapter for me, I think people shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly as we've seen this "behavior" before.

Gintõki1

Elite
Kin
16💸
Kumi
-250💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I won't jump on it saying it's rushed since he could easily show us a flashback of what happened. If you remember the Ichiryu vs Midora fight, he first showed meteor spice (indicating that Midora won) during chapter 245 and then later on gave us the entire fight with a flashback. For now, I would say just wait, if he doesn't give us the flashback then yes we can rant all we want.

OT: This chapter started off nicely by giving us more on what happened during the TS but it still never explained why Toriko didn't show any hatred towards Midora for killing Ichiryu. I'm pretty sure Midora is referring to Toriko's Blue/Red Oni anyways so I wonder how powerful he's going to become. Shima had this flashback planned from the start, if go back to chapter 264, you can see the nose-plugs but my only question; why did Shima decide to show this flashback so late?

The true guinness battle wolf looks nice. I wish Shima didn't hide it so much. :p Damn, so the battle wolf (second strongest) we saw before the timeskip was a capture level of 6090?!? O_O What's the capture level on the wolf king then? The narrations for this chapter was nice and we finally come to the final page that seems be worrying everyone because I know most people are going to complain...

Like I said to Soma, Shima did the same thing with the Midora vs Ichiryu fight, he first showed us the end result then showed us the entire fight + a flashback. I doubt Shima would honestly off-panel an ENTIRE arc and have the audacity to call this the ANOTHER arc. From this final page, we know that the human world cooks won their battles, Chiyo got to meet her son, Komatsu had helped that kid and the rest of 0th biotope members were saved. If anyone is curious why they all grew hair and look older, it could be because of this:

Don slime's final form looks cool and lol they wrapped ANOTHER as a gift? :p I did notice that not all of the 10 shell chefs are there, only three of them are present. 5/5 chapter for me, I think people shouldn't jump to conclusions so quickly as we've seen this "behavior" before.

It's not really a rant because one thing can't ruin the latest chapters wich were all a 5/5.
The thing is that showing them now when we are right in the battle mood/flow makes it better and more enjoyable. I know he will make up for it with a flashback. Even if it will not be on the same level with doing it now, he still knows how to make them good.

Last edited:

Pirate King

Elite
Kin
22💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
loving toriko right now these last chapters have been soo hype

feels really fast paced which i like while im reading it but i hope he continues with the flashbacks so we dont feel like we missed out

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Aside from the new wolf king. What felt random? There is story.
There is none, just continuous hyping and bs like Toriko being Eight King level all of a sudden. I have felt something seriously wrong with this series ever since the end of the cooking arc and been ignoring it. I can't put my finger on it but it has to do with how the plot is moving along and it's pissing me off.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
There is none, just continuous hyping and bs like Toriko being Eight King level all of a sudden. I have felt something seriously wrong with this series ever since the end of the cooking arc and been ignoring it. I can't put my finger on it but it has to do with how the plot is moving along and it's pissing me off.
He's not eight king level, just because he punched the battle wolf doesn't mean he's at that level. His hidden power was foreshadowed countless times. The plot is moving along nicely.

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
He's not eight king level, just because he punched the battle wolf doesn't mean he's at that level. His hidden power was foreshadowed countless times. The plot is moving along nicely.
It's not everything is rushed and there is no connection of events, also I don't give a damn about 90% of the characters in this damn show which is a shame. Toriko should've shown his hidden power before when he was getting wrecked by Heracles or raped by Bambina playing a 10 second game. The Battle Wolf's young boss has more capture level than Bambina and now Toriko is punching the Wolf King, I don't care how great his potential is, that is complete bullshit.

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
It's not everything is rushed and there is no connection of events, also I don't give a damn about 90% of the characters in this damn show which is a shame. Toriko should've shown his hidden power before when he was getting wrecked by Heracles or raped by Bambina playing a 10 second game. The Battle Wolf's young boss has more capture level than Bambina and now Toriko is punching the Wolf King, I don't care how great his potential is, that is complete bullshit.
There is a connection, we'll see it even more from the flashback for Area 6. Lol if you don't care about 90% of the characters, why do you read it weekly? It's not BS, we've seen him harm Bambina before and now Toriko has learned ENBU so it would be BS if he couldn't harm an 8 king. The point of the ENBU training was not just to acquire PAIR but also meant as a training arc so they'll stand a chance against the 8 kings. We don't know if Bambina's capture level is with the membrane or without, I'll assume it's with the membrane as it's possible for Bambina (true form) to have a CL higher than the Battle wolf.

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
There is a connection, we'll see it even more from the flashback for Area 6. Lol if you don't care about 90% of the characters, why do you read it weekly? It's not BS, we've seen him harm Bambina before and now Toriko has learned ENBU so it would be BS if he couldn't harm an 8 king. The point of the ENBU training was not just to acquire PAIR but also meant as a training arc so they'll stand a chance against the 8 kings. We don't know if Bambina's capture level is with the membrane or without, I'll assume it's with the membrane as it's possible for Bambina (true form) to have a CL higher than the Battle wolf.
Stop trying to justify everything and quit fanboying. There are alot of things wrong with the series from the pacing to the transition to characters to new concepts being introduced to interpersonal relationships between characters. I don't care about 90% of the characters of this series simply because I have no reason to care about them. They're completely irrelevant, they were introduced at one point in the story but since they were as relevant as TenTen. Toriko hasn't even eaten all of the fullcourse, the fact that he hasn't gotten obliterated yet is a goddamn miracle let alone him actually landing a hit on the Wolf King. This is some fairy tail shit and I still read this series and will continue to read it but I have temporarily stopped reading from 328-338 and then got back into it. I will give this series a chance to recover because I don't know what's going on with the author but there is only so much of this I will tolerate before dropping the series completely.

Last edited:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Stop trying to justify everything and quit fanboying. There are alot of things wrong with the series from the pacing to the transition to characters to new concepts being introduced to interpersonal relationships between characters. I don't care about 90% of the characters of this series simply because I have no reason to care about them. They're completely irrelevant, they were introduced at one point in the story but since they were as relevant as TenTen. Toriko hasn't even eaten all of the fullcourse, the fact that he hasn't gotten obliterated yet is a goddamn miracle let alone him actually landing a hit on the Wolf King. This is some fairy tail shit and I still read this series and will continue to read it but I have temporarily stopped reading from 328-338 and then got back into it. I will give this series a chance to recover because I don't know what's going on with the author but there is only so much of this I will tolerate before dropping the series completely.
You're making ridiculous claims like saying it's BS when we never even got an explanation. Besides, I told you it's been foreshadowed at a lot, as early as chapter 256. I give credit when it's due. Go read chapter 256 and honestly come back with a proper argument why it's BS that Toriko got this powerup. Him harming a 8 king isn't BS as I've explained before with him learning ENBU. My points are valid and I'm not jumping to random conclusions like you. If you're still not buying this then just wait for the explanation. I don't see why you would even invest time in a series when you believe that there's no story or relevant characters and on top of that it's empty hype for you.

Don't blame the series for being random if there's future events being foreshadowed nearly 90 chapters ago.

I don't get why you have to bring up FT either. Both FT and Toriko have excellent foreshadowing and it's funny because haters of either Toriko/FT still continue to follow the series weekly.

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
You're making ridiculous claims like saying it's BS when we never even got an explanation. Besides, I told you it's been foreshadowed at a lot, as early as chapter 256. I give credit when it's due. Go read chapter 256 and honestly come back with a proper argument why it's BS that Toriko got this powerup. Him harming a 8 king isn't BS as I've explained before with him learning ENBU. My points are valid and I'm not jumping to random conclusions like you. If you're still not buying this then just wait for the explanation. I don't see why you would even invest time in a series when you believe that there's no story or relevant characters and on top of that it's empty hype for you.

Don't blame the series for being random if there's future events being foreshadowed nearly 90 chapters ago.

I don't get why you have to bring up FT either. Both FT and Toriko have excellent foreshadowing and it's funny because haters of either Toriko/FT still continue to follow the series weekly.
Even with Enbu he shouldn't even be close to that level, so what if he knows Enbu? 800 CL creatures know Enbu aswell. Even if his Enbu was at its maximum potential he shouldn't be on that level. This would only be ok if Toriko had eaten all of the fullcourse and brought out Red Oni completely but he has only eaten two yet he is competing with a creature that is stronger than Bambina. As for that Fairy Tail statement, it is the most bs filled series I have seen and Toriko is starting to resemble it. I have dropped that series back in 2012 at the end of the tournament and haven't read it since. If I drop a series I will never pick it up again so I'm usually careful in deciding which series to drop. I was ready to drop Bleach after fullbring arc but then heard of the final arc so I thought to myself I might aswell finish it. Even so I'm a hundred chapters behind and can't find the motivation. I don't want to do it but if Toriko continues down this path I will drop it even if it is my fourth greatest series of all time. It's pointless to argue with you, we simply have different standards for what we accept in series that we watch/read. I simply hold Toriko to a higher standard because the cooking arc and all the arcs before that were awesome. Now this manga is running purely on shock value "Hey look at this beastly Wolf King", "Oh here look, Jiro vs Blue Nitro!", "Wait, Midora vs Joa omg!!".

Last edited:

Hexuze

Supreme
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
Even with Enbu he shouldn't even be close to that level, so what if he knows Enbu? 800 CL creatures know Enbu aswell. Even if his Enbu was at its maximum potential he shouldn't be on that level. This would only be ok if Toriko had eaten all of the fullcourse and brought out Red Oni completely but he has only eaten two yet he is competing with a creature that is stronger than Bambina. As for that Fairy Tail statement, it is the most bs filled series I have seen and Toriko is starting to resemble it. I have dropped that series back in 2012 at the end of the tournament and haven't read it since. If I drop a series I will never pick it up again so I'm usually careful in deciding which series to drop. I was ready to drop Bleach after fullbring arc but then heard of the final arc so I thought to myself I might aswell finish it. Even so I'm a hundred chapters behind and can't find the motivation. I don't want to do it but if Toriko continues down this path I will drop it even if it is my fourth greatest series of all time. It's pointless to argue with you, we simply have different standards for what we accept in series that we watch/read. I simply hold Toriko to a higher standard because the cooking arc and all the arcs before that were awesome. Now this manga is running purely on shock value "Hey look at this beastly Wolf King", "Oh here look, Jiro vs Blue Nitro!", "Wait, Midora vs Joa omg!!".
ENBU allows him to be a planet buster and all of the heavenly kings have achieved that secret technique. ENBU is defensive based, yes but can be used offensively:

Also, aren't you underestimating Toriko's Red Oni? It demolished the NEO members and Shigematsu. Lol and what did he use to attack? His Red ONI. He already controls both of his RED ONI's arms after eating PAIR/AIR. I'm not saying you have to enjoy this chapter, I only commented to your post since you were saying it's random (even after being foreshadowed many times) and called it BS (without any explanation). Shima obviously has to explain Toriko's switch in greater detail but him harming an 8 king should be doable by now, especially with the help of his Red Oni. He has full control over the Red ONI's arms:

With your logic, you want to see Toriko & the rest of the heavenly kings keep getting smashed by the 8 kings until they've eaten Acacia's full course which is repetitive.

Blue Oni punched Heracles, not Toriko himself.
Toriko punched the wolf king with the help of the Red Oni.

Yubel

Veteran
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
ENBU allows him to be a planet buster and all of the heavenly kings have achieved that secret technique. ENBU is defensive based, yes but can be used offensively:

Also, aren't you underestimating Toriko's Red Oni? It demolished the NEO members and Shigematsu. Lol and what did he use to attack? His Red ONI. He already controls both of his RED ONI's arms after eating PAIR/AIR. I'm not saying you have to enjoy this chapter, I only commented to your post since you were saying it's random (even after being foreshadowed many times) and called it BS (without any explanation). Shima obviously has to explain Toriko's switch in greater detail but him harming an 8 king should be doable by now, especially with the help of his Red Oni. He has full control over the Red ONI's arms:

With your logic, you want to see Toriko & the rest of the heavenly kings keep getting smashed by the 8 kings until they've eaten Acacia's full course which is repetitive.

Toriko punched the wolf king with the help of the Red Oni.
It shouldn't and you're lying to yourself if you say he should be on that level. Toriko, Coco, Sani and Zebra fought Bambina seriously together while Bambina was trying to kiss them and none of them could harm it at all so to go from that to Toriko punching the Wolf King who's young boss is stronger than Bambina is complete bullshit. They all combined their cells for combined Enbu attacks on Bambina and nothing said Toriko even used Enbu in this instance. He hasn't done any training or eaten anything after leaving Area 7. This "switch" is bullshit aswell because it's just a plot device for Toriko to jump levels. Toriko is not planetary yet by any means, this is the author giving him a boost for no ****ing reason.

Last edited:

Magi

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Area 6 has now been totally spoiled!! And what's up with Guinness's reaction speed, or lack thereof.. This is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.