Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
I was not talking about Avatars. Aang couldn't anyway. Nothing to show Toph can lavabend, it seems to be you only get 1 subskill in earth either metal or lava.

Ghazan is a very powerful earth bender seeing how he specializes in lavabending he can give both Toph and Bumi a run for their money. Not to mention Kuvira is just as powerful as Toph in metal bending plus Su and and Lin.

P' Li is better seeing how she can curve her beams and has mastery over some sort of firebending, she redirects some of Mako's fire at some point.

Katara is not that good, Korra water bends a bigger body of water in the finale than Katara ever did to my memory. Amon and Tarlock are both able to bloodbend without the moon and Amon can even further use bloodbending to take bending away from people.

The only element that is much weaker is fire, I agree. Mako the main firebender never did much with it.
Its an assumption on my part, so it could go either way with my point with Toph, because "facts" leave no room for possibilities, and the scenario back when she and Katara met opens up a possibility, therefore cancelling out "fact".. She seemingly had a lava like substance heating up her food.
And Aang did do it in a sense, when Roku possessed him and destroyed the temple with lavabending.

Ghazan is indeed powerful, but Bumi bends houses and Toph can easily incapacitate him due to her unsurpassed connection with the Earth. They could bend more earth than he can turn into lava, it'll simply be overwhelming for him.. I think you're underestimating Toph's skills..This is the woman who can destroy you as soon as your body slightly moves. And the woman who invented metalbending..but meh

Also putting Kuvira on the same level as Toph is simply ridiculous! Remember these lines- "My girls never really picked up metal bending all that well if you asked me"-Toph: Her statement alone makes her metalbending skills unsurpassed because it basically states she's leagues above her daughters, one of which was standing toe to toe with Kuvira. Makes her bending sound scary tbh lol
Her metal bending is sooo powerful that she was able to suspend tons of iron ore from collapsing on her and her friends, for a few hours, a feat that's simply unsurpassed. Not to mention she can bend a metal wall open and then close it back seamlessly. Toph's control over the Earth and metal is leagues above Kuvira..who stood and did nothing when Toph called her out. The name Toph strikes fear U_U lol

Now P'Li is better interms of controlling the direction of her blasts and her firebending, but her blasts are wayyyy weaker than Sparky sparky boom man :)p). Her blasts were only strong enough to make very small cracks and craters in the earth, while Combustion man's blasts decimated extremely large pillars of earth and nearly blasted the air temple off the side of the cliff.

Katara is not that good? Are we watching the same anime? :p
Sure Korra bends a larger amount of water, but Katara has showed some feats similar to that, though not as large scaled as Korra's: E.G when she parted the sea, when she destroyed the factory back when she dressed up as the painted lady. And this was Katara in her early teens, I'm sure an older Katara (20's to 30's) could accomplish a feat larger than Korra's (assumption). Also, Katara's skills with water in the technicality department is unsurpassed. This woman suspended every single drop of rain in the air, turned it into a dome and then turned it into ice shards, a feat that bypasses anything Korra's shown in the water bending department interms of technicality and control:
, and she can bloodbend without the use of a full moon. I'm pretty sure that Katara would be able to resist Amon's bloodbending, Korra did for a brief moment, what's stopping Katara from doing the same, given that she has bloodbending on her side already?

Darn, its been ages since I've debated lol
Thanks for this xD

Last edited:

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Its an assumption on my part, so it could go either way with my point with Toph, because "facts" leave no room for possibilities, and the scenario back when she and Katara met opens up a possibility, therefore cancelling out "fact".. She seemingly had a lava like substance heating up her food.
And Aang did do it in a sense, when Roku possessed him and destroyed the temple with lavabending.

Ghazan is indeed powerful, but Bumi bends houses and Toph can easily incapacitate him due to her unsurpassed connection with the Earth. They could bend more earth than he can turn into lava, it'll simply be overwhelming for him.. I think you're underestimating Toph's skills..This is the woman who can destroy you as soon as your body slightly moves. And the woman who invented metalbending..but meh

Also putting Kuvira on the same level as Toph is simply ridiculous! Remember these lines- "My girls never really picked up metal bending all that well if you asked me"-Toph: Her statement alone makes her metalbending skills unsurpassed because it basically states she's leagues above her daughters, one of which was standing toe to toe with Kuvira. Makes her bending sound scary tbh lol
Her metal bending is sooo powerful that she was able to suspend tons of iron ore from collapsing on her and her friends, for a few hours, a feat that's simply unsurpassed. Not to mention she can bend a metal wall open and then close it back seamlessly. Toph's control over the Earth and metal is leagues above Kuvira..who stood and did nothing when Toph called her out. The name Toph strikes fear U_U lol

Now P'Li is better interms of controlling the direction of her blasts and her firebending, but her blasts are wayyyy weaker than Sparky sparky boom man :)p). Her blasts were only strong enough to make very small cracks and craters in the earth, while Combustion man's blasts decimated extremely large pillars of earth and nearly blasted the air temple off the side of the cliff.

Sure Korra bends a larger amount of water, but Katara has showed some feats similar to that, though not as large scaled as Korra's: E.G when she parted the sea, when she destroyed the factory back when she dressed up as the painted lady. And this was Katara in her early teens, I'm sure an older Katara (20's to 30's) could accomplish a feat larger than Korra's (assumption). Also, Katara's skills with water in the technicality department is unsurpassed. This woman suspended every single drop of rain in the air, turned it into a dome and then turned it into ice shards, a feat that bypasses anything Korra's shown in the water bending department interms of technicality and control:
, and she can bloodbend without the use of a full moon. I'm pretty sure that Katara would be able to resist Amon's bloodbending, Korra did for a brief moment, what's stopping Katara from doing the same, given that she has bloodbending on her side already?

Thanks for this xD
perfect response katara is so underrated its insane, she is a contrast to toph in earth. she has been shown to use bloodbending in non moon scenarios. she is without a doubt one of the best.

and u answered his response to toph, lol toph is so superior to kuvira, su and lin.

she pwned all of the kuvira's men that su, lin, and her boys couldnt handle with utter ease.

and i'll add a video here to make the case for Cman.

pli has no feats of destruction on any level close to that. he makes pillars look like pebbles with the ease at which he is destroying them

Last edited:

RedRobin

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Thanks for this xD
First off I would like to say that LOK is so much more recent in my head, I really havent seen ATLA for a long time but I remember most of it. I really may be off with somethings I say, like Katara stopping the rain, I completely forgot she did that. I love both series and am only pointing out LOK benders are better than you think, I am only going based on what ATLA did as children.

Ghazan is effective against them because he can turn the earth against them and into lava. This would be very bad for Toph when he turns the earth around her feet into lava burning them and completely taking out Toph's senses. Ghazan took down a giant wall by turning it into lava.

In metal bending Kuvira definitely stands toe to toe with Toph . She was able to fully control a giant mecha, she by herself was moving it around with liquid metal. Metal bending definitely had a better showing in Legend of Korra.

P'Li simply has overall more skill with Sparky literally only having power. She not only has the blast power but some form of control of firebending, her blast were powerful enough to take down a Dragon, remember that.

Ming can definitely give Katara a run for her money in the technicality department however Katara could easily beat Ming if she decided to use bloodbending. Ming has amazing control over water, almost fusing herself with it by making a body and arms with it.

Tarlock a bloodbender couldnt stop Amon with bloodbending, Amon is definitely the best when it comes to blood bending as he is the only one able to use it to take bending away from people. Lets not forget Amon's ability in chi blocking, something Ty lee regularly hit Katara with.

What I feel LOK does with the elements that ATLA never did:

Earth - Lavabending, better showing of Metal bending

Water - Spiritbending, better showing of bloodbending

Air - Flight, offensive airbending(Zaheer's use), Jinora's spirit connection(Dont really know if it was an air thing)

Fire - No big improvements of fire except P'li curving her blasts​

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First off I would like to say that LOK is so much more recent in my head, I really havent seen ATLA for a long time but I remember most of it. I really may be off with somethings I say, like Katara stopping the rain, I completely forgot she did that. I love both series and am only pointing out LOK benders are better than you think, I am only going based on what ATLA did as children.

Ghazan is effective against them because he can turn the earth against them and into lava. This would be very bad for Toph when he turns the earth around her feet into lava burning them and completely taking out Toph's senses. Ghazan took down a giant wall by turning it into lava.

In metal bending Kuvira definitely stands toe to toe with Toph . She was able to fully control a giant mecha, she by herself was moving it around with liquid metal. Metal bending definitely had a better showing in Legend of Korra.

P'Li simply has overall more skill with Sparky literally only having power. She not only has the blast power but some form of control of firebending, her blast were powerful enough to take down a Dragon, remember that.

Ming can definitely give Katara a run for her money in the technicality department however Katara could easily beat Ming if she decided to use bloodbending. Ming has amazing control over water, almost fusing herself with it by making a body and arms with it.

Tarlock a bloodbender couldnt stop Amon with bloodbending, Amon is definitely the best when it comes to blood bending as he is the only one able to use it to take bending away from people. Lets not forget Amon's ability in chi blocking, something Ty lee regularly hit Katara with.

Air - Flight, offensive airbending(Zaheer's use), Jinora's spirit connection(Dont really know if it was an air thing)

Not necessarily, Ghazan can turn her Earth to lava yes, but there's a limit to how much earth he can turn to lava.. Especially with Toph's control not only over Earth, but over metal.. She can simply wrap sheets of metal around his eyes and other body parts.. if he can turn those bars into lava, then he'll risk hurting himself, because as you know, he died by his own element. Toph would be able to sense the ground heating up around her and would be able to sense the lava, because its still earth, only in its molten form (she demonstrated this already when she lead Team avatar out of the temple .. Its similar to sand, she wasn't able to properly bend it before, but she turned it into rock, and then later on, her Sandbending skills were mastered.. Same with mud..
What you don't realize is that Toph's blindness enhanced her other senses to the peak, especially her sense of touch/feel through her Seismic sense, which is a passive ability i.e its always active, even when sleeping. She can hit him with rocks from behind his line of sight.. If you've noticed, he can't stand directly on his Lava, but on an earth pillar around a pool of lava, which Toph's connected to through Seismic sense, she can remove that piece of Earth from there lol.
Bolin pails in comparison to Toph but yet he was able to defeat Ghazan ._.

I already showed you Toph can do with her metal.. Read the 3 books that were released after ATLA: The Rift, The Search and The Promise and you'll see what Toph can do :p
Note that Kuvira was controlling the levers, which control the actual machine, with metal bending.. She wasn't controlling the mech in the sense you're talking about..
Toph is just too legendary to be taken down by a mediocre metal bender who think she's Ozai :p

What I'm saying here is that if P'Li hits sparky(nice name :p ) with her blasts, they wouldnt do anything to him, seeing as he was able to completely destroy all of Katara's ice shards and was completely unharmed by Zuko's firebending. Its like his Skin's the same type like the 3rd Raikage.. But if Sparky hits P'Li with a blast, its over for her..
His durability can tank whatever she has to offer. Also, he can firebend, as shown by when he burnt the stolen message to crisps..

LOL I'd like to see Ming Hua go toe to toe with Katara.. Katara's control in the water department is unsurpassed, as previously shown. Katara can even destroy her with her own water :p

True, but remember, bloodbending can be countered by willpower, which was shown by both Katara and Korra.. Amon has bloodbending, little water bending feats, and chi blocking.. While Katara has bloodbending, unsurpassed waterbending capabilities. This battle can go either way.. Katara can freeze him, but its over for her if he by chance takes her bending, which I find highly impossible xD

What you mean to say is that ATLA never went in-depth with those things:

(unless you're talking about it being popularized)

Earth: Lavabending-done by avatars, Toph started the metalbending academy which helped other benders to learn how to metalbend..

Water: I'll give you that..

Earth: Aang was able to fly when he accessed the avatar state back when Azula shot him with lightning.

Fire: Not what I'd call an improvement on firebending in a while but meh >_>

Last edited:

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

dude for the ghazan part he burns the bottom layer of the wall and taking the foundation takes the whole wall, he didnt fully destroy it. bumi shoots houses for fun and can bend a hole statue ghazan cant bend all that much earth at once.

also cman is better beating a dragon is not hard for a combustion bender a dragon is a huge target to hit its easy to hit them. cman has better feats look at the first time he fought with them

watch the vid i posted he took them on first he blows through a whole earth attack by toph and vaporizes katara's huge stream of water with ease. u can find it on youtube ppl forgot how dangerous he was. his attacks were on a much bigger scale than pli who u can see in her final battle where explosions were dodged by the likes of su and lin and they werent s impressive she barely broke a rock where as Cman incinerated huge boulders .