arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
here im comparing the generation of TLA benders vs LOK benders no avatars involved.

TLA big shots:

Pakku, katara, toph, zuko, ozai, Cman, bumi, jeong jeong, iroh, azula,

LOk big shots :
bolin, tenzin, mako,pli, zaheer, kuvira, lin, su, iroh 2, amon, tonraq, unalak, ghazan, and ming hua

who are the better quality of benders in terms of quality i think the war experienced and older gen is superior. in fire, earth the current masters in korra are nearly as good as ATla. in air i think aang did decently well to make tenzin close to his level. and water in skill its not too different as pakku and katara are good but so is ming hua and amon etc. bloodbending is definitely improved and yakone is the best in feats and he is technically aangs generation as he is around aang's age.i think overall ppl got weaker over the years especially in earth and fire. but in water ppl seemed to be as skilled and more creative it seems.

Ur opinion?

Last edited:

V h o

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
TLA. LoK just started throwing their element as silly projectiles, was not much bending imo. Only some like the red lotus deviated from that, but still....

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
TLA. LoK just started throwing their element as silly projectiles, was not much bending imo. Only some like the red lotus deviated from that, but still....
red lotus were refreshing they went back to old school days where martial arts came back into play. there should been more korra vs red lotus membr moments.

id agree with u except in water where they seemed to be quite on the same level. its mainly fire and earth that have weakened.

Mikeuhsomething36

Elite
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Prime toph and prime avatar anng by themselves neg anyone from the new generation not to speak of adding azula, ozai, and prime katarra, etc. Bolin gets destroyed by prime toph heck old toph negs bolin, tenzin gets beat by prime azula or anng in anngs case it's for obvious reasons. Mako gets annihilated by azula for obvious reasons,pli gets one shotted by sokka but he's not even up there so pretty much katarra, blood bend that pycho chick to submission implying intent to kill. Zaherr gets SPANKED by avatar anng he couldn't even beat tenzin, kuvira gets destroyed by prime toph, Lin and Su gets spanked by toph, iroh 2...pls ozai negs, anon gets a beat down by prime katarra if we want to be fair and prime anng negs him, tonraq gets spanked by prime katarra, unalak does not last against prime katatra, ghazan gets his life story rewritten...no...he negs himself before prime toph even enters the battle field, Ming hua? Azula spanks.

The new generation is nothing compared to the old one, prime toph obliterates over half of that list

Soloist

Regular
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The last airbender man
Even the bending was cooler it was like they were dancing but in lok it's just punch fire kick earth etc

Power Bottom

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Lok benders are more advance.

In TLA lighting bender was very rare but now in Lok it Isn't
in TLA only one person could metal bend (toph)now they have a whole army/police force trained in advance metal bending
lava bending was formed in Lok era
blood bending can be used without a full moon now/it can take away bending

Power Bottom

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
TLA by far

Azula, Iroh, Zuko and Ozai were showing firebending on a much larger scale than in TLoK
Katara and Toph even when they were kids could wrek anyone in TLoK
Yea those are really strong people but we are looking at the overall benders

Lok has a army of metal benders that can wipe out omashu or ba sing benders in ATLa
Development in the northern and southern poles are massive the grew stronger and they are actually now water benders in the south now
The average firebender could dream of lighting bending but mako can easily
They're more chi blockers who aren't better than ty lee but they're good

ATLA had stronger indivuals but overall Lok benders are stronger

Last edited:

Kurama Uchiha

Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Aang negs the whole list for obvious reasons

Ozai negs the whole list
Iroh negs the whole list harder than ozai
Toph may have a problem with zaheer, negs everyone else
Azula negs everyone
Katarra is pretty much the weakest and probably only beats Korra

RedRobin

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
LOL these responses. Its a hard battle.

LOK had more powerful battles. I mean spirit cannon wrecks anything in ATLA.

Amon, Kuvira, Unalaq and the red lotus give LOK a huge advantage.

The power level in ATLA is higher than LoK IMO
Bending seems to have weakened throughout the years..
Magma bending
Spirit canon
Giant Avatar Spirit.

LOK has a higher power level

Last edited by a moderator:

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Dude no weapons only comparing bending here

And yakone is better than Amon in feats to be quite frank. This is more about the generation of benders from aang to korras. But Amon is still amazing

How is unalak that good please explain and in this topic we are talking about bending no avatar powers. Kuvira is not great compared to toph. And what's ur opinion of white lotus vs red lotus

Last edited:

RedRobin

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Dude no weapons only comparing bending here

And yakone is better than Amon in feats to be quite frank. This is more about the generation of benders from aang to korras. But Amon is still amazing

How is unalak that good please explain and in this topic we are talking about bending no avatar powers. Kuvira is not great compared to toph. And what's ur opinion of white lotus vs red lotus
Yakone was never able to take someone's bending away. Amon makes everyone on ATLA useless if he gets his hands on him, with his bloodbending, its an easy task.

Red lotus most likely wins. Zaheer can fly, they have magma and Pli can destroy from long range.

Horus

Elite
Kin
377💸
Kumi
79💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

Magma bending
Spirit canon
Giant Avatar Spirit.

LOK has a higher power level
1. Avatars could bend lava. There's a slight possibility that Toph could too, but I'm not entirely sure.. Referencing this from when she was cooking over something that looked like lava..
2. That's called using technology to harvest spiritual energy, which ATLA wasn't really known for. So yes, in terms of creativity, Lok surpasses ATLA.
3. Only because of Harmonic Convergence.. Might I remind you that Aang fused with La, the ocean spirit back in part one, to form Koizilla, which is similar to Korra's avatar spirit..

In terms of bending, the old series surpasses the newer ones, because they used to live in times of war, so they needed their bending to survive..
Take Pli's blasts for example, they pail in comparison to Combustion man's blasts, though she has the ability to curve them.
No one surpasses Toph and Bumi in the earth bending field.
Firebending was much more ferocious in those times because it was fueled by hate, though a well balanced individual such as Iroh or Jeong Jeong's bending is far more powerful than most other individuals, especially in LOK. Iroh redirected real lightning which is several tiers more powerful than bender lightning.

There are hardly any feats in LOK that I would classify as powerful. Katara's waterbending surpasses everyone seen in LOK.. She also bloodbended without a full moon, back when she and Zuko were looking for the man who killed her mother.
Airbending was severly limited in ATLA because well, you know, there was only one airbender. But that one airbender surpassed any of the airbenders from LOK.

I don't expect for you to agree with me, so each to their own!

arv993

Elite
Kin
193💸
Kumi
2💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Yakone was never able to take someone's bending away. Amon makes everyone on ATLA useless if he gets his hands on him, with his bloodbending, its an easy task.

Red lotus most likely wins. Zaheer can fly, they have magma and Pli can destroy from long range.
But in blood ending yakone is superior. He didn't get overpowered by the likes of mako. Korra overpowered him as well. He does have a unique sub skill but when going for the kill yakone is superior in pure bloodbending.

Zaheer can't fly and have pli at the same time. So it's Zaheer who is getting destroyed by tenzin or flight Zaheer. White lotus had superior benders imo. Bumi can bend houses in an instant and send them flying he's superior to ghazan in just sheer scale of destruction ghazan on the other hand takes a while to let the lava flow and destroy the surroundings. Zaheer nor pli are on the level of iroh. Pli is considerably weaker than combustion man and yet the creators named ozai as the strongest fire bender not combustion man and iroh is on a similar level to his brother. But ur opinion is ur opinion the red lotus and Amon are the best from Korra no doubt

1. Avatars could bend lava. There's a slight possibility that Toph could too, but I'm not entirely sure.. Referencing this from when she was cooking over something that looked like lava..
2. That's called using technology to harvest spiritual energy, which ATLA wasn't really known for. So yes, in terms of creativity, Lok surpasses ATLA.
3. Only because of Harmonic Convergence.. Might I remind you that Aang fused with La, the ocean spirit back in part one, to form Koizilla, which is similar to Korra's avatar spirit..

In terms of bending, the old series surpasses the newer ones, because they used to live in times of war, so they needed their bending to survive..
Take Pli's blasts for example, they pail in comparison to Combustion man's blasts, though she has the ability to curve them.
Firebending was much more ferocious in those times because it was fueled by hate, though a well balanced individual such as Iroh or Jeong Jeong's bending is far more powerful than most other individuals, especially in LOK. Iroh redirected real lightning which is several tiers more powerful than bender lightning.

There are hardly any feats in LOK that I would classify as powerful. Katara's waterbending surpasses everyone seen in LOK.. She also bloodbended without a full moon, back when she and Zuko were looking for the man who killed her mother.
Airbending was severly limited in ATLA because well, you know, there was only one airbender. But that one airbender surpassed any of the airbenders from LOK.

Yes I found it odd ppl didn't notice but Katara did bloodbending after a full moon and when she was mad . It was odd but ppl didn't seem to acknowledge that.

Last edited by a moderator:

RedRobin

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️

I was not talking about Avatars. Aang couldn't anyway. Nothing to show Toph can lavabend, it seems to be you only get 1 subskill in earth either metal or lava.

Ghazan is a very powerful earth bender seeing how he specializes in lavabending he can give both Toph and Bumi a run for their money. Not to mention Kuvira is just as powerful as Toph in metal bending plus Su and and Lin.

P' Li is better seeing how she can curve her beams and has mastery over some sort of firebending, she redirects some of Mako's fire at some point.

Katara is not that good, Korra water bends a bigger body of water in the finale than Katara ever did to my memory. Amon and Tarlock are both able to bloodbend without the moon and Amon can even further use bloodbending to take bending away from people.

The only element that is much weaker is fire, I agree. Mako the main firebender never did much with it.

RedRobin

Legendary
Kin
5💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But in blood ending yakone is superior. He didn't get overpowered by the likes of mako. Korra overpowered him as well. He does have a unique sub skill but when going for the kill yakone is superior in pure bloodbending.

Zaheer can't fly and have pli at the same time. So it's Zaheer who is getting destroyed by tenzin or flight Zaheer. White lotus had superior benders imo. Bumi can bend houses in an instant and send them flying he's superior to ghazan in just sheer scale of destruction ghazan on the other hand takes a while to let the lava flow and destroy the surroundings. Zaheer nor pli are on the level of iroh. Pli is considerably weaker than combustion man and yet the creators named ozai as the strongest fire bender not combustion man and iroh is on a similar level to his brother. But ur opinion is ur opinion the red lotus and Amon are the best from Korra no doubt
This is a hypothetical fight, each character at their strongest. Ozai shouldn't have his bending if we are going based on how they were left. Zaheer can fly.