Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
( Ototon Juinjutsu: Tabu Fuuin ) - Sound Release Cursed Seal: Taboo Seal
Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Long ( applied on self, had long range capabilities )
Chakra Cost: 20
Damage Points: N/A
Description: A form of Cursed Seal based on the inner workings of the Tongue Twister Seal but inverted, the user instead of casting a seal on others places a seal on himself. The unique composition of this seal is that inside of it, is a kanji for a certain word, interchangeable at the user's will ( cannot be changed after placed, however ). When the word is spoken near the user, the seal is triggered, effectively creating a fleeting momentary connection between the user and the speaker, alerting the user to the location of the sound. The way this works is when the seal is placed, the dormant Sound chakra allows it to vibrate at a certain frequency, matching that of the word when spoken. When one speaks the trigger word, this seal is activated through the vibrations amongst the seal, the dormant Sound chakra activating and alerting the user to the location of the sound. Ideally created for the Ninja World, this seal is able to be used over an entire stage ( Borderlands, Inner Village, etc ) or inversely, if the landmark the user is stationed on is a single landmark, then up to 3 adjacent landmarks.

(Ototon: Cruciatus Jutsu ) - Sound Release: Cruciatus Technique
Type: Offensive
Range: Short-Mid
Chakra cost: 30
Damage points: 60
Description: The Cruciatus Jutsu is one of the three Unforgivable Jutsu, usage of any appropriate for a death sentence on the user. Considered the most sadistic of the three, the Cruciatus Jutsu is associated with Pain, as that is it's primary effect and objective. Beginning by channeling high amounts of Ototon chakra, the user begins by releasing this chakra through the usage of a lone word. Upon speaking the word "Crucio", the user triggers a high frequency, but low energy wave to be released, casting a genjutsu on the target, casting excruciating pain on the victim. As the genjutsu is cast, the target doesn't see his surroundings change at all, only the user speaking the words and feeling as if pressure is pushing on the body, seeing slight ripples emanating from the user, causing the target to potentially believe this is a projectile approaching the target that is causing damage. Considering the fact that this curse doesn't physically harm the victim, it only stimulates pain receptors, overloading the with such high signals that it impairs motor abilities over time, the concept of pain being so high that they cannot physically move. While seemingly lasting a long time due to the echoing of the user's voice in the genjutsu, the actual illusion lasts only 2 turns, causing pain the entire process, but should the user subject an opponent to it for more than a turn, the target's mind will be broken, causing them to become vegetative, and comatose.

Note: Note: This jutsu can only be used 3 times a battle, lasting 2 turns each use.
Note: After each usage, the user must wait at least 2 turns before using again.

Analyze/Ask questions if you have any

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
First technique is a pseudo sensory technique based on an arbitrary word that the user decides he wants to act as the key for the technique. Since the technique can be pretty much any word it can be one of those words that is almost impossible not to use in a sentence. Like the jutsu suggests, this is better for NW applications where actual talking and communication is done between people at various locations. There's a bit of miscommunication there as the technique says "...near the user" but the range application is long range and later in the description it describes being able to work across borders. So if I were to say the key word is 'the' and somebody speaking to a comrade, enemy, clone, summon or whatever, I'd be notified of their location even if they are, lets say two landmarks away. Am I correct?

Mimicry of the HP curse of by the same name. It's a genjutsu that is very lazily but sufficiently disguised as a ninjutsu through the apparent ripples it causes to the victim's sight. As a result, ordinary shinobi would not be able to tell that this is a genjutsu on the outside without audacious metagaming. The technique also gives a paralysis which is almost OP if not for the rank of the technique being combatable by a few canon techniques without hand seals, so it's alright. Then again with appropriate layers and/or combinations this technique has incredible hax potential with no distinguishable qualities identifying it as a genjutsu. The technique lasts only two turns but the second turn vegetates them basically making them incapable of battle. Ordinarily people would say their opponent passes out from the pain, however with the existence of techniques allowing unconscious combat, using a vegetative state to make it physically impossible for your opponent to fight back is borderline. With no restrictions on other genjutsu or sound, especially for me this is a dangerous technique.

Reactions: Troi

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
That's correct, and actually up to 3 landmarks (as long as they are connected/touching in some way). You just have to make sure that the person uses the 'word' you pick at some point during their dialogue. Instead of using it on opponent's, you can use it with allies as well. Like you tell an ally to say a certain word if he sees trouble, or if he's being attacked. That alerts you that something is going on in the borderlands or whatever.

Yeah, Chris was telling me you taught him a gen that makes a pretty sick combo with this jutsu.

Alright, if there are no more questions, you can add them to your thread.

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
That's correct, and actually up to 3 landmarks (as long as they are connected/touching in some way). You just have to make sure that the person uses the 'word' you pick at some point during their dialogue. Instead of using it on opponent's, you can use it with allies as well. Like you tell an ally to say a certain word if he sees trouble, or if he's being attacked. That alerts you that something is going on in the borderlands or whatever.

Yeah, Chris was telling me you taught him a gen that makes a pretty sick combo with this jutsu.

Alright, if there are no more questions, you can add them to your thread.
To be honest, Chris and I right now have some disgusting combinations for genjutsu alone thanks to each other.

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Illusionary Arts: Satan's Scent(Genjutsu: Akuma's Kaori)
Range:Short-Mid
Chakra:15*
Damage:N/A
Description: The user will make a single handseal, and insert his chakra into the opponent's chakra. He will disrupt their chakra system, and put them into an illusion. The opponent does not actually see or hear anything out of the ordinary. The only thing is the extremely pungent smell of rotting flesh and a foul taste of rotten eggs in the mouth. The smell will be extremely pungent, and will leave the opponent unable to smell anything unless they break the genjutsu. The taste will also be quite foul, and the opponent would be unable to taste anything else until the genjutsu is broken. In reality, nothing changes. The only thing is that the opponent's smell is affected.

-Can only be taught by PB-

(Genjutsu: Chinou Dansu) Illusionary Arts: Brain Dance*
[Type: Supplementary
Range: Short-Mid*
Chakra: 40*
Damage: N/A
Description: This genjutsu is in fact extremely simple. The user will first make a string of seven handseals, and simply point at the opponent inserting chakra into them. The user then puts the opponent in a genjutsu in which light flashes repeatedly, at insanely fast speeds in no particular pattern. The lights also Cause excessive and rapid neuronal activity and abnormal rhythmic discharges of cortical neurons in the brain. At the same time the gen also makes the opponent feel exhausted (has no effect on stamina or chakra reserves). This along with the lights would cause a seizure. The opponent would be rendered unable to move, and would have uncontrollable spasms and muscle movement. After around 3 minutes of this (and the illusion not being broken), the opponent would be rendered unconsious. During the seizure, the opponent in the genjutsu would still see the lights. They would not stop until the genjutsu is broken. This illusion places enormous strain on the mind causing damage if the illuion is left un-broken.

-Restrictions-

Can only be used once
Can only be taught by PB
No genjutsu in the next turn or same turn that this jutsu is used

Questions?

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
The first technique really is really only applicable to those who utilize those two types of sensory organs; smell and taste. So in other words it's useful against Inuzuka and Gamni. However, considering this technique existed before the latter, I couldn't really tell why this technique was a good idea to you at the time.

Can tell this is a really old technique since you're quantifying time in minutes rather than turns where we can actually keep track. Your technique just induces a physical seizure (also another thing that would be restricted rn as a technique). This technique paralyzes them or rather prevents them from making voluntary movements. Their body would spasm. Now then, I will have to assume that 3 minutes would have to translate into 3 turns given the nature of our RP being unable to quantify three minutes so easily. This is mildly OP technique. This technique causes physical anomalies with the body and prevents the victim from voluntarily moving. If there were no restrictions on other genjutsu I'd be able to go to town with this a bit more. It's not impossible to break but people would need to use the more self mutilating techniques.

I have a question for you though but I'll wait until you post to see if you have anything to add that you think I'm missing about your technique?

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
I was actually going to update the jutsu to make it more applicable to today's RP. Taking away the three minutes and making it, perhaps, one turn. Yeah, it pretty much was made to induce a seizure. A possible combo you could use would be to set off a flashbomb directly after you use the jutsu. It makes it a bit harder to distinguish between the gen and the real world. I actually found this technique good for layering. You'd have to use this Jutsu first, then another gen. Imagine this used alongside Crucio :|.
But yeah you hit the nail on the head. What's your question?

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
This can't be updated without downgrading it. This is me speaking as a checker anyway. Just leave it as is, and it'll be fine.

However the rapid flash would be hard to play off as a simple bomb effect from a flashbang or whatever. Though it could be like seeing spots so idk.

Now my question is, and don't get me wrong I really appreciate the gesture. I'm two genjutsu stronger now. But why are you teaching me these again? I just went with it when you said you owed me two jutsu I honestly don't remember wtf we agreed on if anything.

Flash

Legendary
Kin
0💸
Kumi
0💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Awards
This can't be updated without downgrading it. This is me speaking as a checker anyway. Just leave it as is, and it'll be fine.

However the rapid flash would be hard to play off as a simple bomb effect from a flashbang or whatever. Though it could be like seeing spots so idk.

Now my question is, and don't get me wrong I really appreciate the gesture. I'm two genjutsu stronger now. But why are you teaching me these again? I just went with it when you said you owed me two jutsu I honestly don't remember wtf we agreed on if anything.
Its a bribe I tell ya

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
( Arresto Ikioi ) - Arresto Momentum
Show
Range: Short - Mid
Chakra Cost: 30
Damage Points: N/A
Description: Creating a Sound wave that is used to decrease the velocity of a moving target, the user alters the speed of moving matter based objects by way of powerful waves. This Sound chakra is released via triggering of a sound that causes it to manifest as a wide wave that affects everything within the target area or the target itself. Vibrating at high frequencies with low energy, the waves work by creating resistance and pressure against moving objects, slowing the target(s) down rapidly until it is unable to continue moving forward, trapping the object is suspended levitation; if used on airborne objects, it is able to slow them until they stop completely, lifted by acoustic levitation ( or sound waves that raise an object to levitate ). The further the range, the weaker the the effect is, slowing objects to a complete stop within short range and if aimed at objects mid range away, it will slow down to speeds that allow the user to be able to mount an escape and maneuver away from it. It should be noted that it can be used on multiple targets, as well as on the caster himself.

Note: Can only be used thrice per battle
Note: Due to being a Hindering Sound jutsu and triggered via sound, the effects of the jutsu happen quickly yet that doesn't mean it cannot be broken.
Note: Cannot be used to attack or cause damage.
Note: Lasts up to 2 turns per use and cannot be used for 2 turns after using

Questions

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Technique says moving objects. I'm a man who considers other people "objects" but that may be the deviant in me. Since this technique can be used on the caster could this extend to other people? I ask this for two reasons; 1) should I want to use this against an adversary to slow down their movements, and 2) if I'm fighting with a comrade and wanted to slow them down for some reason (likely to prevent them from falling).

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
Then what would you say the effectiveness of this technique would be on people going a high speeds such as LW users, Gates, Raikage, etc, etc. How drastically could these people be slowed with this technique?

Vex

Legendary
Kin
247💸
Kumi
-163💴
Trait Points
10⚔️
Zero forward velocity, and suspended slightly in the air.

Vibrating at high frequencies with low energy, the waves work by creating resistance and pressure against moving objects, slowing the target(s) down rapidly until it is unable to continue moving forward, trapping the object is suspended levitation

Reborn

Legendary
Kin
732💸
Kumi
3,689💴
Trait Points
0⚔️
But I suppose a strong deterrent such as a technique that manipulated the wind pressure could adequately hinder this progression. That's if we're following the strengths and weaknesses here. Now this technique wouldn't paralyze the target would it? What I mean is, if they are traveling forward and you want them to stop, this technique's sound wave will essentially counter their progression forward but it wouldn't prevent their body from moving in the same way as like a genjutsu or any sort of binding target right? So it would be safe to assume if they were stopped from moving forward, they could still punch, kick, do general movements correct?